Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tastynatasha

Whats your favorite?

50 posts in this topic

Yeah...yeah...the melting pot is great...but if you want someone to cook your food for ya:p, try McCormicks. I prefer the one in LoDo...but the parking sucks. Pasta Jay's has some of the best homestyle Italian in Colorado, but if you want something strictly Colorado...try the Rocky Mountain Oysters at the Buckhorn Exchange.

The melting pot

IMHO this thread belongs to some other site. Like the "Best of Denver."

I log in here to find something that tastes like pussy...not chicken.

I took a minute to run this post through the hobby forum post translator.

here is what I got back............................:D

"I can't see the forrest you guys are talking about because all these damn trees are blocking my view"

Here's how it works. A pretty girl asks you a question. You, behave like a gentleman and answer. Maybe someday you'll be in a strange city where you dont know anyone and folks will be kind to you instead of acting like immature jackasses.

there are many great places around our city. hopefully you can venture out with a local. the only help i can give is STAY AWAY FROM THE CHAIN RESTAURANTS! transparent food you can eat anywhere throughout the US.

-rootdown

-stellas

-borola grill

-fruition

-okinawa

-strings

-vesta grill

and any mexican hole in the wall on federal blvd.....

If you like Korean

Seoul bbq

Brunch:

Snooze

Small plates & cocktails (atmosphere)

Beatrice & woodsley

Seafood

Pappadeux seafood kitchen

tacos

Tacos y salsas

List goes on, let me know what u are looking for and I'll give you some advise

In that case I would recommend Sushi Den, lol.

Casa Bonita is fun for its atmosphere (diving shows and mariachi band) but the food is not good. Tip the hostess for a seat near the shows.

Cinzetti's is in North Glenn if you get in that direction (I don't know Denver that well) and it is dubbed an Italian Market restaurant. Buffets are not usually good, but this is an exception.

Here's how it works. A pretty girl asks you a question. You, behave like a gentleman and answer. Maybe someday you'll be in a strange city where you dont know anyone and folks will be kind to you instead of acting like immature jackasses.

Well said, Mr. Lewd. I'm finding that lack of knowledge is quickly stomped on TOB -- whether it's about restaurant locations or the subculture of hobbying.

In downtown, I like Capital Grille and Panzano's. Denver Tech Center has Del Frisco's, which is really delicious and I also like Jing and Happa. Cherry Creek has a restaurant called True Food that's really good and in Highlands, I like Lola and Gaetano's.

There's also a really good Italian place over by DIA called Di Ciccio's. They play Italian opera on an entire two story wall. The restaurant itself is huge, but there's never more than a few diners there. They have the best portabella mushroom ravioli in marsala wine sauce. It is so delicious and their coffee is also pretty remarkable.

Not previously mentoned:

Elway's (partial to Cherry Creek vs Ritz)

Rioja

Euclid Hall

Mizuna

Luca D'Italia

Colt & Gray

Kitchen (Denver or Boulder locations)

Snooze (for breakfast)

D-Bar Desserts

Sweet Action Ice Cream

Wynkoop Brewery

Wazee Supper Club

And if you want to get to Boulder:

Frasca

Oak at 14th

Kitchen (main room or Upstairs)

Basta Pizzeria

Locale Pizzeria

Black Cat

Boxcar Coffee (mad scientist meets coffee brewing)

And tons of other lesser known places (Denver metro is a sneaky good food town).

Good place to get some info: http://www.westword.com/restaurants/

Hey Everyone. Just wondering what some of your favorite restaurants in denver are?

Italian, no other is better, "Bacco Trattoria", 10125 West San Juan Way, Littleton, CO 80127. You can't get any better for Italian, ever.... (drool.):rolleyes::D:)

Linger!

A little off the topic since its closed now but did anyone else notice Pagliaccis closed??

The Denver metro area is a large spread out demographic. It would help if you were to let us knwo what parts of town you are staying in. DTC, Downtown, Cherry Creek, North or West side, near DIA (a wasteland of good food if there ever was one). There are simply a ton of great places to eat, yet for every great one, there are a dozen so-so and fifty that you probably do not want to visit. Are you looking for elegant dining, awesome dives, undiscovered neighborhood treasures, brew pubs, bar food, ethnic or Sushi. You get the idea.

Good luck, and enjoy.

DBL Out

Oh please the melting pot? give me a fucking break way, way, over priced, and over rated, for what you get

plus it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the dinner, as they bring a little bit at a time and drag the fucking shit out of

the dinner, If you are into Fondue stay at home and make it yourself 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese a little white wine there

are tons of recipies on line and have a romantic evening at home.

or try

the perfect landing (cenntinial airport)

or as some ome else stated Cinzetti's

Oh please the melting pot? give me a fucking break way, way, over priced, and over rated, for what you get

plus it takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the dinner, as they bring a little bit at a time and drag the fucking shit out of

the dinner,

It does take a while, but I like it. Lots of time for conversation. I didn't find the prices that out of line.

The Perfect Landing is a good call. I've eaten there a few times. I like watching the planes.

Hey Everyone. Just wondering what some of your favorite restaurants in denver are?

Wendy's

Anthony's Pizza

Chipolte

Subway

Olive Garden

I ain't gonna lie. I choose food for how it tastes, what it costs, and how it fills my belly. I'm not going to the Chop House, or McCormick's, daily.

All of my favorites started as small local shops, and grew into regional, or national, chains.

There is a reason they are successful! :)