Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denveresque

Spreadsheet questions

26 posts in this topic

Thos is an intrusive question, but a comment on another thread made me curious how the spreadsheet for your business looks. I'm writing a scene for a novel, and I like to get the math circumstances right, If the average session in my area comes in at about $250, and you get one a day, that translates to about 50K a year working five days a week, if you figure a two-week vacation and losing 20 percent of the available days to "women's issues."

But the next part of the question is whenever I've had a session, it certainly felt like there was another session coming up for the provider. Is two-a-day a reasonable expectation for a provider with a nice look and a good work ethic? Would you prefer one or two sessions, five days a week, or three in a day or two to break it up. Do you make a goal for the week/month and then take a break, or is it more like (this sounds deragatory, but I don't mean it that way) chipmunking, where you book as much as you can incasethe next few days dry up?

Sorry if this is all too personal, and if you feel likeanswering but not publicly, feel free to PM me. Thanks

:rolleyes:...so this is for a novel?

Thos is an intrusive question, but a comment on another thread made me curious how the spreadsheet for your business looks. I'm writing a scene for a novel, and I like to get the math circumstances right, If the average session in my area comes in at about $250, and you get one a day, that translates to about 50K a year working five days a week, if you figure a two-week vacation and losing 20 percent of the available days to "women's issues."

But the next part of the question is whenever I've had a session, it certainly felt like there was another session coming up for the provider. Is two-a-day a reasonable expectation for a provider with a nice look and a good work ethic? Would you prefer one or two sessions, five days a week, or three in a day or two to break it up. Do you make a goal for the week/month and then take a break, or is it more like (this sounds deragatory, but I don't mean it that way) chipmunking, where you book as much as you can incasethe next few days dry up?

Sorry if this is all too personal, and if you feel likeanswering but not publicly, feel free to PM me. Thanks

It's a filler conversation scene more than anything else, where the main character is having a post-conversation with the provider. He's an tax lawyer with an astronomy background, and during the conversation is working out the numbers. She's a former realtor who gets animated when she talks about things non-sexual -- she may be doing it as a personal diversion, i don't know yet. It was just supposed to be a simple interaction to show how he was avoiding personal interaction with another woman, but there's something about the distant intimacy in a provider/client interaction that would make the relationship something worth revisiting, in which case I'd like to make her actions as realistic as possible, and insight from people in the business never hurts.

So, yeah.

Yeah, Hawaii 50 The Denver Edition.:cool:

Yeah, Hawaii 50 The Denver Edition.:cool:

Lmao

Somewhat accurate--- if you are looking at financials for a profession like this, expenses (overhead) should be considered. Incall, beauty upkeep, beauty products, advertising, vehicle mtnc, gas, just stuff like that. I buy more shaving cream and soap than I thought possible. lol

I can answer how I do things, I prefer to not do all of my "work" in one day. That is not comfortable for me, and I don't think the majority of gentlemen would prefer that scenario. When traveling it can be different. You want to accommodate those who have been waiting, and the object of the trip is to make money. However.... I think it is still important to provide a good service. If I am tired, exhausted, I hang it up. I don't want to have someone that is tired and warn out providing services that I pay for (salon, massage, whatever). I guess for me, I try to do what I need to do while providing a good service and treating folks how I would like to be treated.

Hope that answers your questions.

One client a day /5 days a week would be great. Some weeks I may see 3 clients all week. Other weeks 1 or two. I don't advertise a whole lot, because then I would not be under the radar. But this is a tough biz. And with all of the ladies who do this now, some days have no biz.

In a perfect world, 1 per day x 5 days would suit me fine.:D

It's a filler conversation scene more than anything else, where the main character is having a post-conversation with the provider. He's an tax lawyer with an astronomy background, and during the conversation is working out the numbers. She's a former realtor who gets animated when she talks about things non-sexual -- she may be doing it as a personal diversion, i don't know yet. It was just supposed to be a simple interaction to show how he was avoiding personal interaction with another woman, but there's something about the distant intimacy in a provider/client interaction that would make the relationship something worth revisiting, in which case I'd like to make her actions as realistic as possible[/b], and insight from people in the business never hurts.

So, yeah.

Not buying it.

The only thing that rings true here is, "tax." The parts I highlighted show as mild projection.

For the record, providers are all artists, keep no records, and work for donations which may or may not be <insert boring tax lawyer terminology.>

How about you tie in a Greek theme and include a Delphic Oracle reference?

You're making a pitch to be her SD, or you're trying to call her out on her stated income/expenses. Please come clean, as your pretext is lame enough to make us curious.

Novelists don't do spreadsheats. :-) However, your inclusion of the term is indicative that you are writing fiction.

Shit, I'm sorry. I never thought for a minute I would be asking questions that would have implications, and certainly not IRS ones. It was basically just background, and I apologize if there's anything that was out of line. I talked to astronomy aspects, and I talked to lawyers about that stuff, and I used to be a reporter. so that I knew first hand. I'm used to asking questions when I don't know the answers -- I don't like just making stuff up, especially when I could be very wrong. I only have experience from a client standpoint, and asking in person about finances seems icky. Thus the interwebs.

But I can see how it doesn't read that way, so I'll just say I'm sorry and move on.

It was just supposed to be a simple interaction to show how he was avoiding personal interaction with another woman, but there's something about the distant intimacy in a provider/client interaction that would make the relationship something worth revisiting, in which case I'd like to make her actions as realistic as possible, and insight from people in the business never hurts.

So, yeah.

What you described here has already been put to paper;

Then acted out in Secret Diary of a Call Girl
season 1, episode 4
:cool:

Sorry if this is all too personal, and if you feel like answering but not publicly, feel free to PM me. Thanks

Any girl with half brain knows not to answer this thread.

Any girl with half brain knows not to answer this thread.

That was my exact thought :)

Internal Revenue at your Service, and yes I would like to have a peek at those books. :confused:

For the record, providers ... keep no records

Out of curiousity, what percentage actually keep no records? I don't believe I've met one that keeps none.

Please google and study Schrodinger equation, it is a probability equation and suggests you probably cannot get, nor is it any of you business, a valid answer here.

You are not taking into account expenses. The biggest expense is an incall space, if the provider does incall. Other expenses include advertising, cell phone service, internet access, massage oil, latex products such as gloves, make-up, clothing, photo shoots, mileage. Oh, let's not forget medical expenses, like health insurance.

I like spreadsheets. So, I will give an answer.

If I were to truly keep a record, I'd use Quickbooks for small businesses to create a triple entry financial statement.

There is the cost of entry into the business with clothes, and makeup, etc. Then there is the ongoing cost of a new motel room every few days. It seems many ASP's travel around, so there are travel costs. Advertising probably isn't cheap.

The numbers in the original post made me realize being an ASP probably isn't as profitable as one might think. Working the numbers on a spreadsheet before entering the business might be a great idea.

The woman who would do this probably wears black glasses.

This is all hypothetical for a novel, of course.

don''t forget the green eye shade and we're not talkin' mascara here!

I've heard the ladies that come to NE Wyoming are making over 1K a day (according to my ATF). And they are busy.

I've heard the ladies that come to NE Wyoming are making over 1K a day (according to my ATF). And they are busy.

. . . and that's just in the first hour :D

No need to apologize. Many providers are running their business on the up and up. We deposit everything we take in at the bank. We keep good records of our expenses and take deductions, as allowed by the IRS. It is a business like any other. Just because the name of the business is Bodywork Unlimited does not change that fact.

If a provider wants to buy real estate, or complete any other large transaction, it behooves her to file a tax return. There are provider-friendly accountants and CPA's. They give good advice. My accountant knows exactly how I run my business. She always reminds me to let her know how much my yearly linen bill is. I buy sheets and towels once per month, because the session linens wear out so quickly. I think she depreciates it. Not sure, but she does something with that figure that saves me money. No cheating necessary with so many deductions.

The cost of the incall is 100% deductible. That means you subtract that amount from your gross earnings. When you are finished subtracting all other deductions, you have your taxable income.

Read Freakanomics.

Which interestingly enough says that gals with pimps actually make more "take home" (even after paying the pimp) than independents.