MeganMarie4u

Gas War

28 posts in this topic

Anybody else taking advantage of the gas war on Arapahoe? Today at QT it was $2.04! It's been going on for a couple weeks since the QT opened and it might be worth the drive to save $1+ per gallon...

Gas has been cheap up north highway 119 and i25. Has ban as low as 1.99. Today it was 2.29

According too online it's 1.85 today on Arapahoe! 

On 11/10/2023 at 9:24 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

Anybody else taking advantage of the gas war on Arapahoe? Today at QT it was $2.04! It's been going on for a couple weeks since the QT opened and it might be worth the drive to save $1+ per gallon...

M&M thanks for the heads up, I am about to go fill up the tank as we speak.................................I hope its the one that I am thinking of next to that Starbud weed shop...................

18 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

M&M thanks for the heads up, I am about to go fill up the tank as we speak.................................I hope its the one that I am thinking of next to that Starbud weed shop...................

Is actually on the west side of i25. 😂 sorry I'm late

The gas wars always happen when QT (QuikTrip) first opens up in a new neighborhood.

They open and start selling gas at or below cost (IF there is a competing gas station nearby). This continues until they are established and have taken away business on a semi-permanent basis from the competitors and then they will raise the prices back up to the standard going rate.

I’m not trying to say anything bad about QT as I have stopped at their stations occasionally during my travels around Denver and the other parts of the U.S. and they have clean restrooms and a clean store.

The low prices won’t last so take advantage of them now if you live in the area.

9 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Is actually on the west side of i25. 😂 sorry I'm late

LOL, yes you are late and I confused it with a Circle K. I am rarely on the West Side of Arapahoe, so I missed out but will check it out the next time I am on that side. 

Filled up my Hemi for 1.72 a gallon today at QT. I was able to get right in the way 8 went, but there was a line about 30 deep.;)

I had to do some traveling around yesterday. Non gas war do vary. These are approximate. Boulder - 3.50, Lafayette 3.00, Arvada about the same as Lafayette, Lakewood 2.65. Guess it must be the difference in city sales tax.

Today at the QT gas is $1.69. If that's not a sign..... 😂

M&M thanks for the heads up, I am guessing this is the same QT as before and I am taking my BUTT over there this evening for sure..................

9 hours ago, BoulderB said:

Drive electric, win the gas war.

Zero emissions 🙏  100%!

On 1/19/2024 at 4:15 PM, BoulderB said:

How did those e cars do during the recent cold weather?

On 1/20/2024 at 0:29 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Zero emissions 🙏  100%!

You just moved those emissions from the tail pipe to the smoke stack.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

While I think the notion of 100% emission free is disingenuous it is true in the sense that electric vehicles produce 0 emissions from their nonexistent tailpipe. And even accounting for your “smoke stack” the generation of charging and even manufacturing is still roughly half the emissions of a gas powered vehicle. And that number drops more if the power generation for charging comes from renewables. It’s not perfect but it’s moving in the right direction.  

On 1/22/2024 at 1:51 PM, sb1212 said:
On 1/19/2024 at 2:15 PM, BoulderB said:

How did those e cars do during the recent cold weather?

No Bueno!  My bet! 

13 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

So very true!  We need our fossil fuel  for sure! 

11 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

While I think the notion of 100% emission free is disingenuous it is true in the sense that electric vehicles produce 0 emissions from their nonexistent tailpipe. And even accounting for your “smoke stack” the generation of charging and even manufacturing is still roughly half the emissions of a gas powered vehicle. And that number drops more if the power generation for charging comes from renewables. It’s not perfect but it’s moving in the right direction.  

I need to look for an  old article that talked about cleaning the air.  If I can find it? I will post. 

Those that tout the "zero emissions" do NOT take into account the environmental damage created by the strip mines for the rare earth metals, the transportation of metals and batteries from overseas or the recycling of each battery when they are no longer useful.  They also do not take into account the emissions of a full-blown battery fire and the chemicals needed to extinguish the fire.  All this to like Al Gores' pocket,

On 1/23/2024 at 9:26 AM, Bit Banger said:

Not if I charge at home and have solar panels that generate more than I use. 

In addition, the Xcel production mix is now over 50% renewable in Colorado. 

I have two EVs and I was up in Breck over the really cold Denver weather.  It performed great.  IMO there is no reason not to get one.

20 hours ago, mustang said:

Those that tout the "zero emissions" do NOT take into account the environmental damage created by the strip mines for the rare earth metals, the transportation of metals and batteries from overseas or the recycling of each battery when they are no longer useful.  They also do not take into account the emissions of a full-blown battery fire and the chemicals needed to extinguish the fire.  All this to like Al Gores' pocket,

Did you learn this on Fox News? 

34 minutes ago, BoulderB said:

I have two EVs and I was up in Breck over the really cold Denver weather.  It performed great.  IMO there is no reason not to get one.

I am not totally against EV. I just don’t believe they are the ‘end all, be all’ answer (yet).  

I remember an IEEE study in the 70s which found that the (miles driven)/(barrel of oil) ratio for IC vehicles was significantly higher than that of EV.  At that time most of the grid was fossil fuel based. Their conclusion was that hybrids, tuned for constant RPMs and generating onboard electricity for propulsion,, was the best option,

I have two friends in Tulsa with EVs.  They have each have commutes less than 15mi.  They also have a photo array sufficient to meet their needs and still push power INTO the grid. They have IC vehicles for major trips.

My brother-in-law in Chicago is a big EV and photo array fan. His commute was right at the edge of range, so he used an IC. My sister, his wife, drives a hybrid.

Part of my angst about the elimination of fossil fuel in our grids is that tried and true production methods (hydro & nuclear) are being torn down at the same time. Add to that the negative issues of new tech (wind & photovoltaic) are being glossed over.

2 hours ago, BoulderB said:

Solar vs Wind   Just one google note says but not verified by me:

“A five-megawatt wind turbine can require 700 gallons of lubricant, and, costly synthetic fluids are preferred in the industry. Typically, oil change intervals are scheduled for from 9 to 16 months.”

https://www.epa.gov/clean-air-act-overview#:~:text=Actions to implement the Clean,serious health effects each year.&text=Since 1990 there has been,emissions of key air pollutants.
I was told for reliable sources that the blades on windmills and the blades on helicopters have to be replaced, and they have to bury those old windmills and helicopter blades in landfills. I think the air quality in Denver is not the greatest. It’s gotten better, but it’s still not there. my eyes burn at night and yeah, I live close to a highway. You can take this argument anywhere you want to go with it! Yeah,  when I posted my opinion, I was not trying to make it political. my own personal feelings and it’s like religion. Keep it close to heart. . If you’re conservative, you don’t believe in global warming and if you’re liberal  minded, you totally believe in global warming. who knows what is true? So far I know that they can’t make heavy equipment electric so we need our fossil fuel. And again my eyes that are wimpy eyeballs burn like crazy mofos at night., I get my air duct in my house, clean yearly too, and I have humidifiers going. Yeah it’s not enough to stop the pain. My life is good!>😊

8 hours ago, BoulderB said:

Did you learn this on Fox News? 

NOPE  I learned it by doing a butt load of research. Not to mention years in the auto industry.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carbon-capture-technology-can-never-be-an-excuse-for-business-as-usual-advocates-say-60-minutes-2023-04-30/L

My mom, sister, and my aunt are gonna be going to Iceland pretty soon,. My sister sent me this article and I thought it was interesting. I think with all this you just need to keep open mind that maybe there is some possibilities. And no I don’t think you have to believe in global warming or disbelieve in it. I think finding some happy medium is probably the best bet. I always look for the Good in  everyone and try learning from everything even if at first I don’t believe in the the informations right away. You know all those Star Trek shows are possibly Uber going to come real!