Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fenrir373

No Burner Phone/App Numbers?

25 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've just been curious about this lately--I've seen several providers' listings or websites recently that require that initial contact include a "real" phone number and not one from a burner phone or extra-number app. Why does this matter? Does it really increase a providers' ability to screen or confidence in a potential client when they use a "real" number instead of a burner-app number? I'm just having a hard time figuring out why this would have an effect on things, and why it's worth the loss of discretion that seems to be supplied by temporary/burner phone numbers--wouldn't using those make it safer and leave less of a "paper trail" for both the client and the provider?

Just to make it clear, I'm not complaining or trying to convince anyone to bend their rules or anything--providers can set whatever screening/contact requirements they want and client should always respect those standards. I'm just genuinely curious and trying to learn.

Edited by Fenrir373

I can't speak for a provider but it's probably for their safety. Providers keep track of clients and their experiences with those clients by the phone numbers provided. Yes using your real number does create access to your true identity, but using a real number also provides a barrier between legit clients and potential dangerous criminals. It would be hard to separate good from the bad when everyone is using a burner or app numbers. 

You can probably get away with using an app number if you establish a good history with that number. 

Of course it helps w screening. I don’t think you really need to know why or how bc then that just creates loops for y’all to get around it. Also not all providers require that so if you don’t wanna connect w your actual number just find someone who’s screening method you can comply with. Pretty simple. :)

I've been using a burner phone for years and as far as I know, no ladies I've communicated with have had a problem with it. That, of course, is my experience and my experience along. I'm sure others would tell a different story. I'm aware that there a ladies who won't talk or text if you are using a burner, I've just never come across one of them.

That requirement, along with electronic payment of any kind is just another way of telling many to just move along.  This provider is too risky.

Would you gents really want to see someone with zero information. No website, no reviews, not verified on here, p411, tryst. My guess is no.  Why would we put our lives in danger to see someone with zero information. If you want a burner app number, get on here and get some references to share.  

2 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Would you gents really want to see someone with zero information. No website, no reviews, not verified on here, p411, tryst. My guess is no.  Why would we put our lives in danger to see someone with zero information. If you want a burner app number, get on here and get some references to share.  

Yes, Yes, Yes I would see a PROVIDER with no website, no reviews, not verified on TOB, p411 or Tryst. I have seen so many PROVIDERS that fit this category and not a ONE have I had a problem with. I am not your normal CLIENT either, so I do what I call "PAVING the Way" for the WARY/LEARY TOB GENTS and the PROVIDERS by reviewing which brings them business and also makes the GENTS book with confidence....................... I would like to CAUTION PROVIDERS that think just because a GENT does not want to share his information with someone, does not mean he is a bad guy or going to create an UNSAFE atmosphere. Some just don't want to share their information because they have way more to lose than YOU do....................................

20 minutes ago, Savoir Faire said:

Yes, Yes, Yes I would see a PROVIDER with no website, no reviews, not verified on TOB, p411 or Tryst. I have seen so many PROVIDERS that fit this category and not a ONE have I had a problem with. I am not your normal CLIENT either, so I do what I call "PAVING the Way" for the WARY/LEARY TOB GENTS and the PROVIDERS by reviewing which brings them business and also makes the GENTS book with confidence....................... I would like to CAUTION PROVIDERS that think just because a GENT does not want to share his information with someone, does not mean he is a bad guy or going to create an UNSAFE atmosphere. Some just don't want to share their information because they have way more to lose than YOU do....................................

Wow... Wow... Wow... 

You just made my point.... 99% will not see someone without some way to verify they are real.

Some just don't want to share their information because they have way more to lose than YOU do....................................

This literally makes me physically sick. I cannot believe you would think that my life has no value.  I should risk being beaten, or killed because John does not want his wife to find out.  If they have everything to lose, they need to stay home. 

where is the block button??

9 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Some just don't want to share their information because they have way more to lose than YOU do....................................

This literally makes me physically sick. I cannot believe you would think that my life has no value.  I should risk being beaten, or killed because John does not want his wife to find out.  If they have everything to lose, they need to stay home. 

Thank goodness she BLOCKED me...................................... I appreciate it ......................................LMAO 

20 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

The reality is we both have something to lose, but us providers ask for screening because nine times out of 10 the guys that don't screen play games, waste our time, don't show up, or do hurt us.  Every client that has screened with me and paid deposit have been fabulous clients. The ones that didn't follow those protocols to the letter have been an issue in some way or another. It tells me that obviously the system works and since I have been doing that my business has been so much better and I have been a lot happier. Yes, there are providers out there that don't require those things, but the likelihood of them having clients that act up are greater.

This is being said by someone who has been in this business almost 20 years and has seen a lot of changes in that time. I have done every type of screening or method that has been out there, and I can tell you this one so far has been the best.

You are welcome to see providers in the manner in how you feel comfortable, but the likelihood of you and I meeting up is pretty slim.

Anybody can get a burner phone to use, but it takes some work to get a real phone number under your name. We only ask for it to ensure you are who you say you are...we want to know that who is walking in our door isn't going to be a problem. If you want to use a burner phone after initial screening that is okay.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

3 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

The reality is we both have something to lose, but us providers ask for screening because nine times out of 10 the guys that don't screen play games, waste our time, don't show up, or do hurt us.  Every client that has screened with me and paid deposit have been fabulous clients. The ones that didn't follow those protocols to the letter have been an issue in some way or another. It tells me that obviously the system works and since I have been doing that my business has been so much better and I have been a lot happier. Yes, there are providers out there that don't require those things, but the likelihood of them having clients that act up are greater.

This is being said by someone who has been in this business almost 20 years and has seen a lot of changes in that time. I have done every type of screening or method that has been out there, and I can tell you this one so far has been the best.

You are welcome to see providers in the manner in how you feel comfortable, but the likelihood of you and I meeting up is pretty slim.

Anybody can get a burner phone to use, but it takes some work to get a real phone number under your name. We only ask for it to ensure you are who you say you are...we want to know that who is walking in our door isn't going to be a problem. If you want to use a burner phone after initial screening that is okay.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Ms Sultry I usually don't even reply to people on here because LOL they read my statement then reply with ASSUMPTIONS they have gotten from their own thinking. No offense but you mention a burner phone, I don't use a burner phone, so I am going to skip over all of this BURNER PHONE info, you should be explaining all of that to the guys who use them and the ones that have A LOT TO LOSE................ And one more thing, it is VERY possible that we have met LOL, you just didn't know it was The Savior............................Have a wonderful day..................

1 hour ago, Savoir Faire said:

Ms Sultry I usually don't even reply to people on here because LOL they read my statement then reply with ASSUMPTIONS they have gotten from their own thinking. No offense but you mention a burner phone, I don't use a burner phone, so I am going to skip over all of this BURNER PHONE info, you should be explaining all of that to the guys who use them and the ones that have A LOT TO LOSE................ And one more thing, it is VERY possible that we have met LOL, you just didn't know it was The Savior............................Have a wonderful day..................

Back in the day, my screening was much difference so if have seen me...I wouldn't be surprised. That is why I went to full screening because a serial rapist was seeing me with a fake alias then raping others. When I found out he had a rap sheet, and was completely unaware of it, and then he was trying to push boundaries with me...I woke up. Now I ask, and if I can't connect the dots with the info among other things that I won't mention due to safety, they don't walk in my door. I don't care if you are popular on an adult board, or a celebrity, loaded, or the guy next door...I just want to know who is walking in my door and if I will be safe.

Now, this topic got started about burner phones, and maybe you don't care about that, but the poster who started it does. Let's try to help out the fella with that.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

23 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

On 2/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, Raine-7379 said:

Because a person who doesn’t want to share his information for what ever reason doesn’t mean he’s gonna beat you up!! 
A lot of jobs have their dangers, you can’t deal with it then move on

6 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Back in the day, my screening was much difference so if have seen me...I wouldn't be surprised. That is why I went to full screening because a serial rapist was seeing me with a fake alias then raping others. When I found out he had a rap sheet, and was completely unaware of it, and then he was trying to push boundaries with me...I woke up. Now I ask, and if I can't connect the dots with the info among other things that I won't mention due to safety, they don't walk in my door. I don't care if you are popular on an adult board, or a celebrity, loaded, or the guy next door...I just want to know who is walking in my door and if I will be safe.

Now, this topic got started about burner phones, and maybe you don't care about that, but the poster who started it does. Let's try to help out the fella with that.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

So your saying that people with a burner phone are gonna be problem? Lol
and how do you think screening a number is gonna help you? Google isn’t gonna tell you if some guy is a serial rapist or a guy who beats up woman, yea I a very small chance it may be on some ladies black list but slim to none, I e seen a lot of ladies and not one of them have screened me. Your all talk on here

10 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Thanks for sharing why you SCREEN the way that you do. You could have just said, you ask for real world info to cut down on guys you feel are bullshitting and LOL a guy that pays your deposit can get this a lot quicker..........................ANYWAYS, I wish you lots of luck and I hope that you continue to do well in the hobby/business. Dipping these cookies in this milk taste so good, all I need now is a sexy Lil TOB hottie to put me to sleep...................

7 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Because a person who doesn’t want to share his information for what ever reason doesn’t mean he’s gonna beat you up!! 

7 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

So your saying that people with a burner phone are gonna be problem? Lol
and how do you think screening a number is gonna help you? Google isn’t gonna tell you if some guy is a serial rapist or a guy who beats up woman, yea I a very small chance it may be on some ladies black list but slim to none, I e seen a lot of ladies and not one of them have screened me. Your all talk on here

More and more women cross reference the clients name on the National Sex Offender Site: https://www.nsopw.gov/

You can't do that if you do not have a real name! Then last May, a law went into effect in Colorado •Safe reporting-Law for Sex Workers - Colorado - The Other Board

Most counties have court websites to check for arrest records, IE Domestic Abuse*.

Again, you need to have real life information to contact the police. Yes, almost every job has some dangers. Medical care, construction, law enforcement, and now even being a schools teacher has high risks. All these jobs put protective measures in place.  We are dealing with it! By putting protective measures in place for ourselves.

The days of seeing guys on their handle name is fading fast.  We can't report to the police with just a handle and the amount of reviews they wrote.

To the OP, if I have real life information (first and last name). A burner phone is fine, as long at it is with a major phone carrier. I will NOT do Voip or App numbers.

Edited by Caressa Duval

8 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

I do move on for my safety, and do not see men that think their anonymity is more important than my life.  I have a family to protect. Yes, their are stalkers out there putting GPS trackers on our cars. 

Samantha is 100% correct... The guys that get a new app number  are 99% complete waste of time. We need a no show list, so we all do not have to deal with him.

It’s Definitely a risky bidness. I’ve seen the insanity that can unfold  in both sides.  Most often it’s clients being outted to wives/jobs which doesn’t hold a candle to providers getting raped, robbed or killed. The traumas don’t compare IMO but I suppose that’s a biased opinion. 🫠 But at the end of the day, I sleep how you’d  imagine a true “Pillow Princess” should (Good And Well) knowing that careers, vows, morals, and sheer will power are 🙅🏽‍♀️NO MATCH🙅🏽‍♀️ for my Blow Job skills. 💁🏽‍♀️🙌🙆🏽‍♀️💋

🦹🏽‍♀️

2 hours ago, Just Jos said:

It’s Definitely a risky bidness. I’ve seen the insanity that can unfold  in both sides.  Most often it’s clients being outted to wives/jobs which doesn’t hold a candle to providers getting raped, robbed or killed. The traumas don’t compare IMO but I suppose that’s a biased opinion. 🫠 But at the end of the day, I sleep how you’d  imagine a true “Pillow Princess” should (Good And Well) knowing that careers, vows, morals, and sheer will power are 🙅🏽‍♀️NO MATCH🙅🏽‍♀️ for my Blow Job skills. 💁🏽‍♀️🙌🙆🏽‍♀️💋

🦹🏽‍♀️

Not the gawk gawk 😂

7 hours ago, Just Jos said:

🦹🏽‍♀️

No Lies detected. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mustang87 said:

No Lies detected. :rolleyes:

Thank you sir 🥰  Imma take alllllllll da Glory. Haha 

I get how somebody could tell if you're using a burner app, but I don't see how someone would differentiate between a burner phone number and a regular phone.  A cell is a cell, regardless of its use.

And FWIW, I like Google Voice because it let's me text and call without immediate access to the phone.  I've never had a provider take issue with that (not that most would even know).

A burner number will have NO name or location tied to the number.  It MIGHT show as a Tracphone or other provider.  I use one to keep my real world information private.

I like the aps because when I'm done, I delete it. No one can casually pick up my phone and read messages I don't want read. I can't receive a message/call when it's deleted so no surprise messages coming through when I'd prefer them not to. And when I'm ready to be available, just reinstall and poof, my number is there. I totally understand ladies not wanting to entertain an ap number, and if that's the case, I move on to the next lady. No hurt feelings. I'm just trying to have some fun, no dictate business to anyone. You do you, I'll do me, and if things work out right, we'll do each other.