Raine-7379

Your first world nemesis.

40 posts in this topic

As silly as it is mine is plastic wrap. Who in the world knows how to use that @*&?......

what are yours. 

Pie Crust! I’m a helluva cook, but…. I can’t make a pie crust to save my life.🤭 Good thing Excel in other areas. 

Lids on jars...I just can't get them darn things open!

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

3 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Pie Crust! I’m a helluva cook, but…. I can’t make a pie crust to save my life.🤭 Good thing Excel in other areas. 

I have first hand knowledge of all the wonderful areas you excel in .. ❣️❣️

33 minutes ago, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Haha... Maybe because those hands are just to tired 😉😉😉 

17 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

A trick I was taught after arthritis was setting in - If the problem is the vacuum seal makes it just too hard to open you can try taking the can punch side of a combo can/bottle opener, put the pointy end under the lid, push handle toward the jar. You'll hear when air rushes in breaking the seal. Twist off should be easy then.

Trying to get a product out of the Plastic cards, scissors especially difficult.

7 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Trying to get a product out of the Plastic cards, scissors especially difficult.

WTH... I bought a box knife that needed a box knife to open it.  These things really are horrible.  

8 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

A trick I was taught after arthritis was setting in - If the problem is the vacuum seal makes it just too hard to open you can try taking the can punch side of a combo can/bottle opener, put the pointy end under the lid, push handle toward the jar. You'll hear when air rushes in breaking the seal. Twist off should be easy then.

Turn it upside down and gently bang it in the counter.  Bam seal broken.

9 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Yeah, my arthritis makes it difficult too so either someone has to open them for me, or I use this device that wraps onto the lid of the jar then I just push to the left to open. I will have to try your method and see how that works.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

Turn it upside down and gently bang it in the counter.  Bam seal broken.

That is how I break them. LOL!

9 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

those stoopid :D produce/meat/poop type plastic bags

This one is easy...just swipe your finger(s) onto some water and just rub the fingers together over the part that opens. They open real easy that way.

I did Instacart during COVID, and when you have to get bags of produce for the customers...you learn these kind of tricks to do the job faster. Watch them shop...they know the tricks and are pros at what they do.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Mine is time, I never seem to have enough.  Especially this time of year.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:25 PM, Raine-7379 said:

Haha... Maybe because those hands are just to tired 😉😉😉 

Son of a.....

5 minutes ago, TML93 said:

Mine is time, I never seem to have enough.  Especially this time of year.

All of us a well!

Me? The ability to walk without a limp when the barometric pressure falls bellow 29. Gods and Fishes getting older sucks! And hurts!

Hoping everyone here is having a good evening, and has a laugh or two! Love you all! 

11 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

All of us a well!

I’ll buy that! This time of year goes poof!

Waiting for the water to get hot really bothers me.  It seems incredibly wasteful to let it run. So many in the world do not have clean running safe water. I need a recirculation system.

9 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

This one is easy...just swipe your finger(s) onto some water and just rub the fingers together over the part that opens. They open real easy that way.

I did Instacart during COVID, and when you have to get bags of produce for the customers...you learn these kind of tricks to do the job faster. Watch them shop...they know the tricks and are pros at what they do.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard 

Yes! But I'm somewhat a germaphobe? Go figure.

On 12/9/2022 at 6:49 PM, SultryKitten said:

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Take the jar and hold it upside down and lightly tap the edge of the lid on the counter top and then turn it right side up and unscrew lid.. Seems to work for me. Tap,  don't slam.

21 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

those stoopid :D produce/meat/poop type plastic bags

Get your jingers moist first. Pretend you sliking to playing card together.

21 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Use a utility knife and go around the base where the plastic and paper meet.

19 hours ago, gr8owl said:

The Benefits of Using a Bread Clip When Traveling

Just give it a little twist as you put in on the twisted bread bag.

11 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Get your fingers moist first. Pretend you sliding to playing card together.

fixed it

42 minutes ago, tide32 said:

Just give it a little twist as you put in on the twisted bread bag.

Which as often as not tears the plastic bag one is trying to seal.  I especially love trying to carry a loaf out of store without smashing it inside a bag with other stuff and the clip just pops free and bag becomes wide open.  The birds have appreciated the bread on more than one occasion.  Twist ties are vastly superior.

I prefer the word adversary. Adversary comes from Latin advertere, meaning "to turn toward." Because if your my opponent that would state you could possibly be a worthy opponent. At the very least the time required to participate would either entertain or educate me either way I prefer to tackle any given task or person directly, without distraction. Intelligence is a far greater weapon when you find respect not just for the action but also for your competitor.

To be honest I am my own worst enemy a majority of the time. I do not have easily diagnosed issues that can be with hard work remedied, I am not fighting demons like addiction or daddy issues. I fight against logical reason and the generated, almost constant value that other individuals express. Silence to most is the loudest enemy. Myself, on the other hand find it to be "my happy place". To retreat within the catacombs of my mind is great, unfortunately I am by definition analytical so by comparison my mind works like the game Tetris.

myself.jpg