HeavenlyBellaCO

Has anyone else noticed the change in Denver?

38 posts in this topic

I was reading the Westward and they discussed the dramatic increase of crime from July to November 😞 I’ve noticed allot more negative energy in drivers as well as other things🥲 it’s heartbreaking to me. I love Colorado and wish it couldn’t be affected by this🙏🏼

Hell, Two shooting at High Schools this last week. I have also noticed the increase in discourteous drivers.

Lots of changes and not for the  good. I have been praying for peace and understanding for the last 8 months several times a week. The tension in my hands while praying can become very  hot and heavy. 
om shakti!  (Power of peace)

Especially during trying times like these, I wish we (society) as a whole could look beyond mundane thinking and see the bigger picture. Look within yourself and think of others that are suffering far worse then yourself. Instead of thinking about what YOU don’t have be grateful for what you do. I’m in a much better place this year then where I was last year, despite of the constant trials that are placed in my path. What I do now is look at the trial and see what the lesson for me to learn is instead of engaging the negative energy created by it🙏🏼

If one door closes and another opens it’s up to you whether you wish to walk through the door of opportunity that has opened to you. Or you can stay stagnant and fight to reopen a door that is obviously not meant for you. I prefer to grow instead of remaining stagnant 

I  was born and raised in a community off U.S 50 east of I-25.  I left for a job opportunity and frequently visited the Denver/front range frequently as a part of my job.  It SEEMS that MOST of the things that are most upsetting to me are founded along the I-25 corridor.  The rural areas that Have not been overtaken by certain political ideals appear to be weathering most of the negativity very well (except for the lack of state funding for critical needs).  After being gone for over 30 years Colorado is not the state I grew up in, and I cringe each time I have to traverse the front range.  Traffic, politics, drugs and vandalism are only a part of the states woes.

I don't recall who to credit:

"In times like these, it is good to remember we have always lived in times like these."

I know the news is skewed to the negative, but it does seem that some folks have lost some kindness, compassion, grace and forgiveness.  What is sad is that during tough and challenging times, these things are even more important.  Luckily, there are still some folks who continue to practice these traits.  If we lose these things, we will lose part of what makes us connected human beings.  And being connected is so important to a good quality of life for us and for those around us.

1 hour ago, average1 said:

I know the news is skewed to the negative, but it does seem that some folks have lost some kindness, compassion, grace and forgiveness.  What is sad is that during tough and challenging times, these things are even more important.  Luckily, there are still some folks who continue to practice these traits.  If we lose these things, we will lose part of what makes us connected human beings.  And being connected is so important to a good quality of life for us and for those around us.

I agree 🙏🏼Unfortunately there are those that thinking by giving others pain and trying to affect others with their negativity it will help them feel better. I hold on to my truth and refuse to let darkness snuff out my light😇 I wish and pray they see the light of enlightenment an invite it in their hearts🙏🏼

Edited by HeavenlyBellaCO

20 hours ago, HeavenlyBellaCO said:

If one door closes and another opens it’s up to you whether you wish to walk through the door of opportunity that has opened to you. Or you can stay stagnant and fight to reopen a door that is obviously not meant for you. I prefer to grow instead of remaining stagnant 

While we or many of us may know what kindness and civility looks like, it may be another thing to have the power to do so. The question is, can one grasp the power from either inside or outside or is such power really bestowed as a gift?

It's not just here it's everywhere, look what just happened at Nordstroms yesterday!

On 11/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Lots of changes and not for the  good. I have been praying for peace and understanding for the last 8 months several times a week. The tension in my hands while praying can become very  hot and heavy. 
om shakti!  (Power of peace)

Power of Peace Lovely lady.

I hope you can help to fix this. I ADORE you and your healing ways! I REALLY DO! Love you girl!

19 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

Power of Peace Lovely lady.

I hope you can help to fix this. I ADORE you and your healing ways! I REALLY DO! Love you girl!

Thank you, @sparkey600 thank you for your sweetness! 

I agree that we as a society are becoming ruder.

Motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians are all becoming worse.

People are less tolerant of ideas that are different their own and in fact are downright nasty if someone disagrees with them.

This issue is not owned by any one group, ethnicity, political affiliation, etc, etc, etc.

As a society today, in my opinion, we suck.  We need to change, we need to start treating each other with respect.

7 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

......We need to change, we need to start treating each other with respect.

or we will never survive as a species....

hopefully enough individuals will realize this - and start with themselves...

choose a path to a place we would like to see and hopefully the example will cause at least one other person to do the same - and so on....

so much thinking about the 'mass' solution - when all it oculd take is somethign so simple at the individual level...

19 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

or we will never survive as a species....

hopefully enough individuals will realize this - and start with themselves...

choose a path to a place we would like to see and hopefully the example will cause at least one other person to do the same - and so on....

so much thinking about the 'mass' solution - when all it oculd take is somethign so simple at the individual level...

I thought that with what we’ve been through as a society with this COVID situation it would open our eyes. Look at what the earth did. We are the problem on this planet and once we (society) figure this out and actually do something about things are only going to get worse. Thinking of the bigger picture ,I.e how this will affect future generations, is the only way we will survive. We are all connected, try putting out light and love and see how it affects those around your circle🙏🏼😇🙏🏼

On 11/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, HeavenlyBellaCO said:

I was reading the Westward and they discussed the dramatic increase of crime from July to November 😞 I’ve noticed allot more negative energy in drivers as well as other things🥲 it’s heartbreaking to me. I love Colorado and wish it couldn’t be affected by this🙏🏼

People are fuckn pissed, that’s why! They’re pissed about covid, they’re pissed about the cost of everything and they’re pissed at being told what to do and how to do it.  It’s extraordinarily expensive to live a modest and normal life and money is the root of all stresses IMO. Crime is taking place because nobody is gonna do anything about it.  But hey, more stimmy money coming! Lol 

I read somewhere today that Denver is the country's capitol for people getting packages stolen off their porches.

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

I read somewhere today that Denver is the country's capitol for people getting packages stolen off their porches.

I saw that also.

On 11/22/2021 at 8:23 AM, ilovewomen said:

I agree that we as a society are becoming ruder.

Motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians are all becoming worse.

People are less tolerant of ideas that are different their own and in fact are downright nasty if someone disagrees with them.

This issue is not owned by any one group, ethnicity, political affiliation, etc, etc, etc.

As a society today, in my opinion, we suck.  We need to change, we need to start treating each other with respect.

Something my wife and I joke about (but it's really true) it's no longer the universe but has become the meniverse. Everyone is thinking about themselves over other people. Things like holding the door open for others behind them or ladies  or people with disabilities has gone out window. Someone trying to get in front of you in traffic while using their turn signal because they haven't been on this stretch of the highway in a few months and don't remember how the exit is set up? Be a nice person and let them in. All of is the underlying problem including myself. We can do a better job of being POLITE and that includes the way we drive. I really try to be a polite driver and person in general, I was raised that way. If all of us could try to be more polite, I think others might catch on to our "foreign" way of thinking.

I agree with you ilovewomen, we as a society suck. But we as a society have the power to change things as we learn to take a deep breath, relax and let the person trying to merge get in front of us or hold the door open for a stranger. Small steps go miles, don't forget that. Someone way smarter than myself said that.

On 11/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, average1 said:

Very well said. I agree 1oo%

Sparky, I agree with you.  Simple courtesies have gone out the window. 

I have always tried to hold doors open for people behind me or even for people entering before me. Please and thank you are a major part of my vocabulary.  I always try to give respect. I'm not one of those people who feel that respect is earned and must be shown before I will give respect.

However we as a society can reverse "meniverse" path that we are on.  One can only hope that we will reverse the current course we are on.

On 11/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, HeavenlyBellaCO said:

It's not just Denver. Nationwide, crime has exploded in the past 18 months, teen suicide is epidemic, anxiety disorders, domestic violence and depression are all on the rise. Alcohol and drug abuse are rampant.  I imagine none of this helps mitigate the negative energy you observe. 

While things may not be great, times have been worse in many ways.  Here are a few examples:

1. At one time we had slavery, a more segregated society, and more racism

2. Poverty and homicide rates have been higher in the past than they are now

3. WW II and its associated evils

4. WW I and its associated evils

5. Genocides in Rwanda and Serbia

Mean / evil people have always existed. I can't say I know if there are more or less mean spirted people now compared to the past.     

15 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Sparky, I agree with you.  Simple courtesies have gone out the window. 

I have always tried to hold doors open for people behind me or even for people entering before me. Please and thank you are a major part of my vocabulary.  I always try to give respect. I'm not one of those people who feel that respect is earned and must be shown before I will give respect.

However we as a society can reverse "meniverse" path that we are on.  One can only hope that we will reverse the current course we are on.

Agreed bud.

I hate the "meniverse" path it is a sad state of affairs for sure.

Cheverly isn't dead, but mortally wounded for sure. I hope we can bring it back to life. 

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Agreed bud.

I hate the "meniverse" path it is a sad state of affairs for sure.

Cheverly isn't dead, but mortally wounded for sure. I hope we can bring it back to life. 

One step at a time

23 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

One step at a time

🙏🏼Yes throw 1 pebble at a time and ripples will start to create waves that hopefully will create a tsunami of kindness that can hopefully help this world. There are still people of truth and kindness out here. Few and far between but never lose hope or your own truth🙏🏼I know I’m hanging on , it’s hard but without integrity what do you have?

14 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

One step at a time

Agreed. We all of have to take that first step and try to put other people first before ourselves.