JessicaJonesing

Seeing many complaints about cost of living/rates going up; From the client side, what should providers do to make things better for you?

83 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 9:43 AM, JessicaJonesing said:

We got covid, and it was brutal, the vaccine was hard too -- I think we were too close to recovery/contraction when we got the shots...

@Audrey Astor @Kali Sensual Reiki  @SultryKitten @Emily Jordan other, ahem, "established" providers, where are you on all of this rate increase stuff? What's new post-covid?

I haven’t read all of the replies on this thread. I’m sure it’s a little sticky. (Ha!!!)

I’ll have to get somewhat personal to give an honest answer. We all do this for our own reasons. For me, this is my job. It provides flexibility to do fam stuff, and I enjoy this life. It’s not to get new handbags, party or shop. I support two households. Expenses are higher than they’ve ever been. @JessicaJonesing hit the nail on head when she mentioned some prefer to visit fewer friends, so raise donations. I’ve raised mine, but haven’t mentioned it to some who are very regular. I appreciate their company, and don’t want them to feel bad by referencing $$$. At the same time as our expenses increase, we have to understand the guys’ expenses have increased too. Some consistently tip, so it works for me. I don’t expect to make less because I’m older. It’s the opposite… The sad reality is that this used to allow for some extravagances, but with our locale and increase in supply, it’s not so much anymore. I think we just need to adapt, be  creative, provide good, honest service, and things fall where they should.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:12 PM, Audrey Astor said:

...but haven’t mentioned it to some who are very regular. I appreciate their company, and don’t want them to feel bad by referencing $$$. ...    ... I think we just need to adapt, be  creative, provide good, honest service, and things fall where they should.

Well said @Audrey Astor (as expected!).  

I'm trying to catch up with this thread too, apologies for not replying or reading PMs. 

I *hate* talking money with existing clients so never raise fees, and if a well-liked friend who was coming regularly stops (which happens for a variety of reasons) I do try and reach out and see if it's financial concerns and if some middle ground can be found. The obvious "loyalty card" thing on the first page was something I missed, so that seems like a great idea. Half price session after three, one at 1/4 price after six... ...and since people can't carry around a card with a naked picture of me (as much as I'd like them to!) I think I'll code a page on my website for visit recording/loyalty points.

Might as well make that page sexy and fun, ya know?

I never take tips, as I don't want people to feel the pressure to leave one, and don't actively encourage gifts -- although I'm tickled when people bring them, perhaps that should change to allow those with extra to donate...

We got covid, and it was brutal, the vaccine was hard too -- I think we were too close to recovery/contraction when we got the shots...

@Audrey Astor @Kali Sensual Reiki  @SultryKitten @Emily Jordan other, ahem, "established" providers, where are you on all of this rate increase stuff? What's new post-covid?

I was cheaper right before Covid hit, and I was financially struggling BAD! I finally got a reality check, and changed a lot of things even raising my rates, & am now doing fine. I am not rolling in appts, & money, but my bills are paid & clients aren't taking advantage of me anymore as the cheapos drifted elsewhere. I have found that when you give specials, or set up deals to cater to your clients that a majority of them then start pushing for more for less, & I work my butt off so when they start acting like I owe them something...it makes me want to spoil them less plus never see them. 

I am happy where I am right now, but I am already planning more exclusivity in the near future by raising the rates more, and providing niche service to go with it. I will  never drop them again like I did...dumbest thing I ever did was thinking I was helping them when in fact, I was hurting myself. I may do specials here and there, but that is because I want to, but it won't be a major drop in rates, and the service will reflect that price. I guess I can say that I have just moved on, and look at my business in a whole other way. I have changed as a provider in many ways because of it, and want the clients to see that.

Clients will see you or they won't. Providers will set a rate, or run their business in a manner that works for them...it is different for all of us. That is one of the beautiful things that I love about this profession is its mercurial response to how this profession is. It is up/down, busy/slow, good/bad. We never know what tomorrow will be. We all just follow the course, and make it work for us how it is meant to be.

Personally, I think we all just do what we feel is best for ourselves, but at this time currently, lowering rates when prices are increasing everywhere is just stupidity. If you have taken a Businesss/Economics...you know it won't work.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

On 10/27/2021 at 5:57 PM, BadBoy said:

Hey, check it out! A rate thread started by one of the ladies - first time for everything.

sSOIrCm.gif

I love this actor in The Blacklist!!!  

Just like @SamanthaShepeard, I wont.’ drop my prices; I never have either. My rates are low enough will rise in Spring again. 

Not to be mean, but many girls on T O B think they are a lot better and satisfying then they actually are! If I'm dropping 4 bills and I show up and you are out of shape, or much older than the pix portray than I'm leaving.  Truth is that I have spent some very quality time with some incredibly beautiful and fit woman for less than what some of the others are trying to charge.  I've definitely experienced some terrible bait and switch, as well as some very misrepresented menus.  Some of these women on here are charging way too much for what the experience truly is. I can tell you even though my income has only increased, I have spent a lot less time on T O B because I just cannot reasonably justify the expense with some on here now.  I've seen some try to charge as much as 7 to 1K an hour! But to be honest no matter how incredible that woman may be, for a 1 hour joy ride it's not worth it.  Most of us men want to just have a satisfying time with an attractive fun woman. We'll all pay what we think is fair.  My .02 cents

"Some of these women on here are charging way too much for what the experience truly is."

A very subjective observation. If enough guys are willing to pay a given donation to satisfy the companions income requirements, then she is not "charging too much". The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay.  Don't like the rate? Move along. Lots of great options here at the TOB Superstore..

I realize costs and prices have gone up in many areas.  With regard to the hobby, I will continue to see the ladies I enjoy, but probably not as often.  Though costs and prices have gone up, my income has not, so I am making adjustments where I can.  I truly value the ladies I see, so I am not giving up on the hobby.  Seeing them keeps me somewhat sane and they add to the quality of my life.

Ladies I agree with you that you deserve to get paid for your work as it is a very dangerous job and I believe that a lot of men don’t see it this way. All they can think about is getting off and getting out and a lot of them need to learn to be a gentleman.  I suppose my mother is the reason that I treat women the way I do as she taught me to treat women with respect and dignity. It sometimes takes me six months to save up to see one of the ladies I want to as now instead of working as a plumber because of a serious accident I am now on disability but I am not complaining I see it as a reward.  I would love to see a one of you women every week or every day but it’s just not in the cards anymore. So ladies stand your ground and remember that you deserve to be rewarded for doing a very dangerous job just like the plumber like me that was working in a ditch 30 feet under ground height or 400 feet in the air. 

@JessicaJonesing, I am planning on activating my other website with new rates. Mind you I am also trying to stay emotionally centered while tapping this out to you too.  It makes me sad to think about the”patriarchy” attitudes we have in this business. Damn! Ouch! We all are such beautiful ladies!All of us are putting our best image forward each and everyday we get with our clients. And in all honesty we deserve much more than just money! Money makes the world go around. DAMMIT!  We all are doing are best and if we are still in the game? We know we must be doing something right. Weight and age... I recently lost some weight, yet you can’t beat age! I will be 58 in April. Am I too old? 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

@JessicaJonesing, I am planning on activating my other website with new rates. Mind you I am also trying to stay emotionally centered while tapping this out to you too.  It makes me sad to think about the”patriarchy” attitudes we have in this business. Damn! Ouch! We all are such beautiful ladies!All of us are putting our best image forward each and everyday we get with our clients. And in all honesty we deserve much more than just money! Money makes the world go around. DAMMIT!  We all are doing are best and if we are still in the game? We know we must be doing something right. Weight and age... I recently lost some weight, yet you can’t beat age! I will be 58 in April. Am I too old? 

Too old for the Olympic gymnastic team? Probably. Too old for anything that goes on around here? Nope.  

Ladies I seem to remember that Beverly Fisher at the end was promoting two types of discounts one was a military discount which defiantly would boost the morale of the boys. She was also advocating a disability discount. The last few women I have seen I have shown my status because I have no job. As for anything else I think if you have a job you can afford to pay a woman what she is worth. Like I have said I have to save up a little at a time and it might take me six months to save up. Someday I will see Jessica but I usually stick with one lady when I find one I like. 

Jess I can’t believe that you’re 58. From your pictures you look no older than 29. Lol. I am right behind you at 55 and feel 75. I have had a hip replacement 3 labrum hip repairs and 9 surgeries on my left foot the last one was a total ankle replacement plus a few thoracic disk issues. Dam trying to play a cowboy and be a tough plumber was fun but is severely hard on the body. I hope before you retire I get a chance to meet you but I am having a lot of fun with another lady right now and forming a bit of a friendship with. 

On 2/26/2023 at 2:14 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Everyone has their breakpoint.  At some point a good/service is not worth the cost.

Edited by Paul Pudenda

On 10/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, jalanp said:

What I have always wondered is the providers that charge $500, $1000 and up. Was always curious to know how that works out in terms of getting enough clients at those rates. Was never curious enough to pay those amounts, so that I could actually ask in person, though.

One might think, that kind of rate, they must have gold in their knickers!😘

16 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

One might think, that kind of rate, they must have gold in their knickers!😘

Going up 50.00 is not that much to ask is it? I believe. I personally have invested into myself quite a bit this last year. . I am also great at budgeting my funds to pay my bills in the past no problem. Last year when I told @JessicaJonesing that I was going to raise my rates. I never did raise my rates last year. I had this same  conversation with @JRWolfe long ago, I agreed with the thinking of only raising $50.00 at a time. To me that small little raise is not too much of a change to notify the fake media!!! 😂😂 It is  JUST ENOUGH of a raise to make me a happier woman and build up some savings again. I have been at 300.00 for the hour and yes that was for the last 4 years. So, I am thinking $350.00 is not too much to ask for.. In my website the  “grandfather” clause should only apply to those who are regular with seeing me  on a regular basis. And  my policy states  every three months or so. I have this written on my old website and it will be written on the new website also. I will always honor what I have posted on my website. Four months is good too. Lol, even 6 months. I can only speak for myself on this policy.  And you all know that all of the ladies govern their own policies and thinking. Which to me is how this all should work! Keep the ladies happly and the changes and charges reasonable works well for this old lady!!! ❤️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

3 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Going up 50.00 is not that much to ask is it? I believe. I personally have invested into myself quite a bit this last year. . I am also great at budgeting my funds to pay my bills in the past no problem. Last year when I told @JessicaJonesing that I was going to raise my rates. I never did raise my rates last year. I had this same  conversation with @JRWolfe long ago, I agreed with the thinking of only raising $50.00 at a time. To me that small little raise is not too much of a change to notify the fake media!!! 😂😂 It is  JUST ENOUGH of a raise to make me a happier woman and build up some savings again. I have been at 300.00 for the hour and yes that was for the last 4 years. So, I am thinking $350.00 is not too much to ask for.. In my website the  “grandfather” clause should only apply to those who are regular with seeing me  on a regular basis. And  my policy states  every three months or so. I have this written on my old website and it will be written on the new website also. I will always honor what I have posted on my website. Four months is good too. Lol, even 6 months. I can only speak for myself on this policy.  And you all know that all of the ladies govern their own policies and thinking. Which to me is how this all should work! Keep the ladies happly and the changes and charges reasonable works well! 

My Kali love.  Just know if you go to up to 1k, I will come looking in your knickers!! 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

My Kali love.  Just know if you go to up to 1k, I will come looking in your knickers!! 😂😂😂

Gawds that be the year 2050!! 😂🤣😂

39 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Gawds that be the year 2050!! 😂🤣😂

Oh I can make it happen in the next couple hours!!!🥰🙈🙊🥰😂

6 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Oh I can make it happen in the next couple hours!!!🥰🙈🙊🥰😂

Make it happen! I want to swim in that pool! 🎊💰💸💵💲💱💱💴So do all the other ladies!!😁😍

On 10/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

People always say the market dictates but the market can be manipulated.  

👌🏻✨

On 11/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, jalanp said:

I understand your point and, meant no offense by using the term provider. However, you are a provider of companionship and there is nothing wrong with that.  Hope you have a good night.

I provide companionship for creating giant smiles galore! 🤩🤩🤩

No offense taken. This is a great topic. I love to have fun and make the time with me always memorable light and lively, letting go of stress! At least that is my aim as soon as anyone walks into my home. I am sure my comments ring true for all the ladies on TOB also! 🥰🥰🥰 thank you for the sweet wishes. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 2/25/2023 at 7:25 PM, Pittbull said:

Ladies I agree with you that you deserve to get paid for your work as it is a very dangerous job and I believe that a lot of men don’t see it this way. All they can think about is getting off and getting out and a lot of them need to learn to be a gentleman.  I suppose my mother is the reason that I treat women the way I do as she taught me to treat women with respect and dignity. It sometimes takes me six months to save up to see one of the ladies I want to as now instead of working as a plumber because of a serious accident I am now on disability but I am not complaining I see it as a reward.  I would love to see a one of you women every week or every day but it’s just not in the cards anymore. So ladies stand your ground and remember that you deserve to be rewarded for doing a very dangerous job just like the plumber like me that was working in a ditch 30 feet under ground height or 400 feet in the air. 

This is a great post.  Ladies, don’t ever sell yourself short.  Be safe and be confident in yourself.