sparkey600

Mask Required?

32 posts in this topic

just in case you didn't read the instructions, here's how NOT to wear a mask

00well-masks-dont-promo-facebookJumbo-v2.png

2 hours ago, lintlizard said:

just in case you didn't read the instructions,....

EYgRPxOUMAAMhVD.jpg

Two good things about wearing a mask out in public, if you have dragon breath you sure can tell, the second good thing is if you can smell your dragon breath you have not lost your sense of smell.  lolst,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.j

Curious thing...After I got in my car and put my mask on this morning, it had an interesting smell...like pussy.  Or maybe it was just wishful thinking?  Either way, I'm keeping it on all day.:P:P

Edited by ilovewomen

Every time I put on a mask, I'm reminded of that old joke:

Q: How do you eat a frog?

A: You put one leg behind each ear.

There is an incredible untapped market out there..........
A supply line that will never run out............
Many colors to choose from.........

Make masks out of used panties!

Brilliant!

On a serious note, I guess it takes the loss of a loved one to drive the point home:  Wear a mask and keep distance in public.   I recently lost a beloved cousin to the virus.  She was a 65 yrs old health care worker.  She left behind 4 daughters and 7 grandchildren.  Rest in Peace.

Here in Michigan we are entering our 20th week of being forced to close. We have done everything the governor has asked, always being promised that if we just do this one more thing we can re-open the state, and every time our efforts are meet with more of our freedoms taken from us and more false promises.

If Masks where important, they should have told us in March when hospital ships where being sent to the coasts. We are expected to believe the government know at that time masks where needed but wanted to save supplies for the medical field.. so in other words they knowingly put you and your loved ones at risk because they did not want to tell you that a one dollar bandana or scarf could save your grandfather's life. The government that says they now where not telling us the truth at that time but want us to believe them now. They said the mask was symbolic only to change the story. We can get a more honest answer from the government about area 51 than we can about the masks.

The air quality being breathed in by those who wear a mask often times will violate the OSHA requirements on air quality. It would be against OSHA rules to set at a desk working on a computer while not having the right oxygen level but we are expect to go to the mall with a mask. Some areas of hospitals such as operating room where mask are worn for longer periods of time have extra oxygen pump into the rooms. Yet was are going to ask out children to wear a mask all day during school.

The American's with Disability Act allows an exception to those with have medical issues with wearing a mask. Store have to accommodate those with medical condition. You are not allowed to question anyone's claim of being disabled. The stores do not have to allow you in without a mask, but they have to make accommodations such as have someone shop for them, or special hours.. most smaller stores just allow people without to come in and do not refuse service. It is much like the sign reads "no shoes, no service" but if someone comes into a store with a cast on their leg and unable to wear a shoe, is not going to be refused service. A vet in a wheel chair because they have no legs would not be refused service because they don't have shoes on... and those who can not wear a mask must not be refused service.

Here wearing a mask is required but there is no guidelines on what a mask must be. I can't wear a mask for very long so I carry one made of cargo netting because it allows me to breath.

And if everyone took antibiotics and kept their genitals in their pants for 7 days gonorrhea would be completely eradicated.

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Milos Vesely said:

On a serious note, I guess it takes the loss of a loved one to drive the point home:  Wear a mask and keep distance in public.   I recently lost a beloved cousin to the virus.  She was a 65 yrs old health care worker.  She left behind 4 daughters and 7 grandchildren.  Rest in Peace.

My condolences.

6 hours ago, scarecrow said:

The air quality being breathed in by those who wear a mask often times will violate the OSHA requirements on air quality. It would be against OSHA rules to set at a desk working on a computer while not having the right oxygen level but we are expect to go to the mall with a mask. Some areas of hospitals such as operating room where mask are worn for longer periods of time have extra oxygen pump into the rooms. Yet was are going to ask out children to wear a mask all day during school.

VERIFY: OSHA does recommend face masks in public and businesses

June 26, 2020 https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-are-these-face-mask-exemption-cards-real/283-eae6c851-6b92-45ae-a54c-91da4b9439e5

Two viral posts make a variety of claims about the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and their stance on face masks.One is an article claiming that OSHA says masks don’t work and violate oxygen levels. The other is a long chain message that claims to come from an OSHA certified expert. 

• THE QUESTION:::  Are these claims true? Did OSHA say face masks don’t work and violate oxygen levels?
  • THE ANSWER::: No. OSHA has detailed descriptions of which masks are best suited to different environments, and some of that can be taken out of context to appear like they don’t support face masks. 

With the full context, it’s clear that OSHA is actually in support of face masks in public places and businesses and schools. 

Bottom Line-- OSHA does recommend the use of face masks as do the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health, World Health Organization, and every state health agency. 

VERIFY: These face mask exemption cards are not real.

June 26, 2020 3 July 10, 2020 wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-are-these-face-mask-exemption-cards-real/283

Images of "face mask exemption" cards have been making the rounds on social media. The card threatens a fine of up to $75,000 for businesses that don't comply, includes a phone number for The Department of Justice ADA Violation information line and a logo for a group called the Freedom to Breathe Agency.

According to the Department of Justice, the card is bogus and not endorsed or issued by the federal government.

VERIFY: Face mask exemption cards are fake

Viral claims say people who don't want to wear masks should carry a card that cites the federal government. The VERIFY team found it's fake.

June 25, 2020 Updated: June 30, 2020 wusa9.com/article/news/verify/verify-fraudulent-face-mask-exempt-card-doesnt-actually-do-anything/

People, wear the masks.  If most people aren't wearing them, then the effect is dampened significantly.

Epidemiological studies are now VERY clear - mask-wearing protects others and yourself.  If everyone did this (whether there is a mandate or not), we can get transmission down enough that we can start to reopen.  Just fucking wear them, and avoid anyone who is not.

8 hours ago, scarecrow said:

if Masks where important, they should have told us in March ...

.It would be against ... rules to set at a desk working on a computer while not having the right oxygen level but we are expect to go to the mall with a mask. Some areas of hospitals such as operating room where mask are worn for longer periods of time have extra oxygen pump into the rooms. Yet was are going to ask out children to wear a mask all day during school.

Here wearing a mask is required but there is no guidelines on what a mask must be. I can't wear a mask for very long so I carry one made of cargo netting because it allows me to breath.

Doctor Wears 6 Face Masks to Prove They Do Not Lower Oxygen Levels

This July 14 2020 video shows Maitiu O Tuathail a doctor based in Dublin, Ireland, has debunked the idea that a face mask lowers oxygen levels. In fact, he’s shown that even wearing several has no effect. Putting six masks on his face while recording his blood oxygen saturation levels as mask after mask, the meter shows a steady, and healthy, 98-99 percent.

Maitiu O Tuathail shared the video to debunk the misconception that face masks negatively affect oxygen levels. He said he was being asked this regularly by patients, who were citing misinformation they had found on social media.

Anti-maskers are covering up — with masks that offer no protection against coronavirus

July 16, 2020 Updated: July 17, 2020 wthr.com/article/news/investigations/13-anti-mask-protestors-turn-to-mesh-yarn-crochet-masks-covid-coronavirus/

July 17, 2020  .houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/Anti-maskers-are-covering-up-with-masks-that-

Anti-mask protesters are finally covering up as the coronavirus gets deadlier. But instead of a mask that actually does anything, they're using masks made of mesh.

b0c716bf.jpg

turning to mesh-style and other masks that provide no COVID-19 protection that are unexceptionable, unsafe and outright disrespectful.

il_340x270.2429873373_jp93.jpg

Here's one that is safe and represents.......

11 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

My condolences.

Thank you. I appreciate that very much.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, scarecrow said:

Here in Michigan we are entering our 20th week of being forced to close. We have done everything the governor has asked, always being promised that if we just do this one more thing we can re-open the state, and every time our efforts are meet with more of our freedoms taken from us and more false promises.

If Masks where important, they should have told us in March when hospital ships where being sent to the coasts. We are expected to believe the government know at that time masks where needed but wanted to save supplies for the medical field.. so in other words they knowingly put you and your loved ones at risk because they did not want to tell you that a one dollar bandana or scarf could save your grandfather's life. The government that says they now where not telling us the truth at that time but want us to believe them now. They said the mask was symbolic only to change the story. We can get a more honest answer from the government about area 51 than we can about the masks.

The American's with Disability Act allows an exception to those with have medical issues with wearing a mask. Store have to accommodate those with medical condition. You are not allowed to question anyone's claim of being disabled. The stores do not have to allow you in without a mask, but they have to make accommodations such as have someone shop for them, or special hours.. most smaller stores just allow people without to come in and do not refuse service. It is much like the sign reads "no shoes, no service" but if someone comes into a store with a cast on their leg and unable to wear a shoe, is not going to be refused service. A vet in a wheel chair because they have no legs would not be refused service because they don't have shoes on... and those who can not wear a mask must not be refused service.

I'm sorry for all the crap you and you're friends are going through.

That's the reason we need a FEDERAL RESPONSE! Really? President tRumpt? No answer to how we can protect ourselves?

On 7/27/2020 at 9:03 AM, Vassago said:

And if everyone took antibiotics and kept their genitals in their pants for 7 days gonorrhea would be completely eradicated.

Go figure.

Probably not.........

On 7/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, Milos Vesely said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

This whole thing sucks big time.

6 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

This whole thing sucks big time.

No shit. What a weird fucking time to be alive. I’m sorry to hear this as well. I had family in Arizona that got infected, became very sick but they all pulled through.

We got lucky.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, scarecrow said:

You should probably read a newer news article.

The sad truth in all of this is as the more the scientists discover how the virus spreads and mutates, the more their recommendations change about basic protection. Very early on they said "don't wear a mask" but that was to try to stop a "run" on the N-95 masks that the health workers needed to protect themselves from the virus. Now, things have changed. We have learned that a simple made at home mask, or one of the thousands of commercially made ones can help stop the spread. Do I like wearing a mask? NO! Do I wear one so we can get back to normal? Damn straight I do.

2 minutes ago, Vassago said:

No shit. What a weird fucking time to be alive. I’m sorry to hear this as well. I had family in Arizona that got infected, became very sick but they all pulled through.

We got lucky.

My wife (and I as a result to her) were exposed to a person with Covid 19. Luckily he was wearing a mask as well as my wife. They were within 6' of one another for over an hour.... We both are coming up on 14 days symptom free.(tomorrow is day 14) All the proof I need that masks help in this. 

13 minutes ago, Vassago said:

We got lucky.

I'm glad your family is OK.

Lucky indeed!

18 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

My wife (and I as a result to her) were exposed to a person with Covid 19. Luckily he was wearing a mask as well as my wife. They were within 6' of one another for over an hour.... We both are coming up on 14 days symptom free.(tomorrow is day 14) All the proof I need that masks help in this. 

Excellent. Keep vigilant. This can’t last forever.

22 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Excellent. Keep vigilant. This can’t last forever.

Thank you.

My 69 year old sister in a Alabama nursing home spent 5 weeks in a COVID ward after testing positive.

She now is back in her own room after testing negative.

She didn’t get sick or show symptoms.

She beat it!

On 7/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, Milos Vesely said:

I'm sorry to hear this news. RIP for sure. Damn so very sorry.

On 7/26/2020 at 0:25 AM, sparkey600 said:

You know, I really don't know why this is happening. If we could all follow some really simple rules for a few months, maybe we could save the life of someone we care about that's a little older than the rest of us. Our Mother's? Our Grandmothers? Our Aunts? Uncles? Dad's ? Mom? I'm hoping you get the picture at this point. If you respond to this as "It's my constitutional right or my "God given right" to not wear a mask. I will refer you to to the Constitution and the States Constitution that gives the Governor the right to mandate at times of war or PANDEMIC the authority to pass laws to protect said citizens. Read again: WAR or PANDEMIC. That's what we're in a PANDEMIC!

In Colorado there is a mask order if you are in an enclosed space like a store or another public place like that. Now there is a new mandate if you are out and about in an outside space and you can't remain 6' you should wear a mask. 

My family including kids in their 20's and 30's follow the mask mandate (do you follow the seat belt mandate?) I like to ride my Harley, no seat belts on it I'm sorry to report.

I wear a damn ass stupid mask because it might not protect me, but out of respect of you and yours. I wish everyone would do this simple thing to protect their family and the family of people you haven't met. Please do your part and help me protect my aging family. Thanks for reading this... 

The ones that don't wear a mask are selfish and stupid.  

Unless I'm inside, by myself, I wear a mask.