Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milos Vesely

Name change

50 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, Bit Banger said:

This just in.

The little mermaid in Copenhagen Harbor was vandalized as a “racist fish”.

this just in.

For decades, the Little Mermaid statue has been targeted. Twice its head has been decapitated and in 1984 its arm was hacked off.....

Personally, this is America and not some dictatorship.. If everyone who wants to change the name kicks in a few bucks, they can buy the team and call it whatever the hell they want. I am sure the owners can't turn down a lucrative offer. Everything solved and everyone is happy. Capiltalism at its best.   It is never good to force anyone,  to do anything you want, against their will. All it breeds is resentment.

If some small Southern town has a memorial to the locals who fought in the Civil War, why does it bother you. Most of us probably have never  seen one in person.  I know I haven't. I for one am not going to tell them from hundreds of miles away, what they should do. I don't live there. By the same token,  they shouldn't be telling me who we should have as statues where Iive.

Just like the Cultural Revolution in China in 1966, these kids are blindly following someone's agenda. If they do away with the law like they want , you could find yourself on the wrong end of mob rule. It didn't turn out so well for 712,000 Chinese,  who they executed on bogus charges. 

1 hour ago, frankenthaler91 said:

This must be the rational as to why there is no national outrage in the BLM ranks for the weekly slaughters in the city of Chicago. 

Will Rev Al attend these funerals? 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/7/5/21313171/fourth-july-weekend-chicago-gun-violence-homicide-shooting

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/28/21305237/chicago-weekend-shootings-gun-violence-june-26-29-2020

There it is! I knew Chicago would be brought up eventually. You guys never cease to disappoint. You can look up my response to Chicago in another thread. Or don’t. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Al Sharpton was even mentioned again! LOL! I needed a laugh tonight and you sir or madame did not disappoint.

We really need some sort of drinking game with this. “Every time Chicago is mentioned, take a shot! If Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson are mentioned, take a shot! If either individual is called a racist, take 3 shots because getting shit faced is the best thing that will come of this “conversation” especially since neither individual has been relevant for years but white people do hate them so take another shot for how much Jesse and Al got under their skins! Take a shot when addressing how Chicago gets mentioned but those “lone wolves with mental health issues” get no attention! Take a shot for a straw man! Take two shots for a red herring mainly because it’s impressive at this point in the game if you can discern the difference because goddamn you should be fuuuuuucked up by now.”

On 7/4/2020 at 9:03 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I graduated from Fort Lewis College,Durango,CO, 1988. While I attended school back in those days the mascot (sport teams) was called the Raiders. I never thought too much about it. Was kind of taken back when the college changed their sports name

The Junior high I attended when we moved from Chicago to Denver had their football team called The Raiders. Found out they named them after Paul Revere & The Raiders . Whats next ? Oakland dropping the name Raiders ? PRR had a lot of hit records in the 60's,should they change their band name half a century (plus ) later ??

On 7/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, gr8owl said:

This may be the worst straw man argument I have ever seen by a non-politician.  It is a racist slur that has no place in a world that is getting fed up with racist bullshit.

My girlfriend is a full blooded native American Indian. (Cherokee ) .She is a huge fan of the Washington Redskins and doesn't consider their name to be racist.

9 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Personally, this is America and not some dictatorship.. If everyone who wants to change the name kicks in a few bucks, they can buy the team and call it whatever the hell they want. I am sure the owners can't turn down a lucrative offer. Everything solved and everyone is happy. Capiltalism at its best.   It is never good to force anyone,  to do anything you want, against their will. All it breeds is resentment. You should be deliriously happy then as it is the corporate sponsors paying for naming and ad rights that are pushing hardest for the change.  Yeah, capitalism!!

If some small Southern town has a memorial to the locals who fought in the Civil War, why does it bother you. Because their cause was to protect and continue slavery.  why is that so hard to understand?Most of us probably have never  seen one in person.  I know I haven't. I for one am not going to tell them from hundreds of miles away, what they should do. I don't live there. By the same token,  they shouldn't be telling me who we should have as statues where Iive. On your private property, including in full public view, erect whatever statue making whatever statement and glorifying whatever you want.  The point is that monuments honoring those fighting to dissolve our country and preserve slavery should NOT be on public property lending implied official support of this twisted mentality.

Just like the Cultural Revolution in China in 1966, these kids are blindly following someone's agenda. If they do away with the law like they want , you could find yourself on the wrong end of mob rule. It didn't turn out so well for 712,000 Chinese,  who they executed on bogus charges. Very interesting.  Yes they were following the dictator's war against intellectuals and the educated.  Same was true in the killing fields and Pol Pot.  Let me see, not believing and putting down science and calling those who believe in science a threat to the country and hammering away from the bully pulpit that they will destroy the country ......... who else does this resemble.  Thanks for pointing out!!!!! 

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

My girlfriend is a full blooded native American Indian. (Cherokee ) .She is a huge fan of the Washington Redskins and doesn't consider their name to be racist.

She has a right to her opinion.  Thousands if not millions of indigenous folks disagree.  Whole point of why I keep saying there should be an open community discussion about statues, team names, etc.  Let the chips fall where they may.

3 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

The Junior high I attended when we moved from Chicago to Denver had their football team called The Raiders. Found out they named them after Paul Revere & The Raiders . Whats next ? Oakland dropping the name Raiders ? PRR had a lot of hit records in the 60's,should they change their band name half a century (plus ) later ??

Another ridiculous straw man argument.  Is "raider" a racist term insulting to significant portions of the populace?  No?  Then why try to compare? (because you can't come up with a relevant, intelligent reason)

4 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Another ridiculous straw man argument.  Is "raider" a racist term insulting to significant portions of the populace?  No?  Then why try to compare? (because you can't come up with a relevant, intelligent reason)

Unfortunately, I saw a internet story last week that listed "Raider/Raiders" as a moniker that needs to be replaced.

Hell, in Denmark they pulled down and destroyed the Little Mermaid statue for being racist.  

Times are changing.  I just wish people would stop and think first.  Some things need to go and other things not. 

If the corporate sponsors do all the naming of teams, then they would have changed them years ago. They just buy naming rights to the stadiums. So far there are no Coors Silver Bullets.  I really could care less. I don't care about sports. No person should be paid tens of millions for throwing, carring, hitting or kicking a ball. I think the virus has proved we can do just as good without them. Most make local cities pay for  the stadiums, the teams could otherwise afford all by themselves.

As for the statutes being about slavery on public property, you have a point. No one should see a statue of a slave.  If you are in that locallity and are paying taxes. All you need to do is get a pettion and ask to have them taken down. If you don't live there and don't  pay into the local taxes, well I don't think they will listen to you.  What if the people of some place outside of Colorado said you should ban all illegal  drug sales,  medical or recreational. I bet you in Colorado would them tell them where to go. That they have no rights interfering with you making your children drug addicts.

Edited by Alex Majors

16 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

There it is! I knew Chicago would be brought up eventually. You guys never cease to disappoint. You can look up my response to Chicago in another thread. Or don’t. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Al Sharpton was even mentioned again! LOL! I needed a laugh tonight and you sir or madame did not disappoint.

We really need some sort of drinking game with this. “Every time Chicago is mentioned, take a shot! If Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson are mentioned, take a shot! If either individual is called a racist, take 3 shots because getting shit faced is the best thing that will come of this “conversation” especially since neither individual has been relevant for years but white people do hate them so take another shot for how much Jesse and Al got under their skins! Take a shot when addressing how Chicago gets mentioned but those “lone wolves with mental health issues” get no attention! Take a shot for a straw man! Take two shots for a red herring mainly because it’s impressive at this point in the game if you can discern the difference because goddamn you should be fuuuuuucked up by now.”

Interesting deflection.   You said if very well in your 1st post, that you were not 

Care to direct those playing along at home which post you response to Chicago. 

NY City had a huge death toll this weekend, 50 people shot.   

Should a discussion on Atlanta GA happen?  Finally the Mayor of Atlanta is speaking straight after a mob "guarding" the burned down Wendy's restaurant opened fire on a car killing an 8 year old black girl.  

On Sunday night, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms blasted protesters who had turned violent.

“You cant blame this on a police officer. You can’t say this about criminal justice reform,” Bottoms said. “This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an 8-year-old baby in the car for what?!?

“Enough is enough,” Bottoms continued. “If you want people to take us seriously and you don’t want us to lose this movement, we can’t lose each other.”

I have long thought that Rev Al was a charlatan.  I stumbled upon a quote from Booker T Washington (1911) last month that I believe sums up the good Rev.

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. 

I learned this Sunday morning of the new racist term the black community has for white people.  CBS Sunday Morning contributor Nancy Giles used them often.  "Nancy" and "Chad".  Looks like these are the replacement for Honkey and Cracker.  Shameful the CBS allowed this to be aired.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Hell, in Denmark they pulled down and destroyed the Little Mermaid statue for being racist.  

It has been vandalized many times. However, it was never removed. It is currently on display, as are several replicas in other countries.

How a mermaid statue could be racist is beyond me! 

13 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Thought they were going to renamed the Las Vegas Bookies, after they transfer...

1 hour ago, Coloseeker said:

Thought they were going to renamed the Las Vegas Bookies, after they transfer...

Just as long as Jefferson Airplane doesn't ever change their name.....

11 hours ago, gr8owl said:

She has a right to her opinion.  Thousands if not millions of indigenous folks disagree.  Whole point of why I keep saying there should be an open community discussion about statues, team names, etc.  Let the chips fall where they may.

This is a couple years old, but a survey was done.  Vast majority of Native American's in a random poll said they weren't offended.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

I don't give a damn about football, so I don't have ... well, was gonna say skin in this game but that's just too punny.

5 hours ago, frankenthaler91 said:

Interesting deflection.   You said if very well in your 1st post, that you were not 

Care to direct those playing along at home which post you response to Chicago. 

NY City had a huge death toll this weekend, 50 people shot.   

Should a discussion on Atlanta GA happen?  Finally the Mayor of Atlanta is speaking straight after a mob "guarding" the burned down Wendy's restaurant opened fire on a car killing an 8 year old black girl. 

I have long thought that Rev Al was a charlatan.  I stumbled upon a quote from Booker T Washington (1911) last month that I believe sums up the good Rev.

I learned this Sunday morning of the new racist term the black community has for white people.  CBS Sunday Morning contributor Nancy Giles used them often.  "Nancy" and "Chad".  Looks like these are the replacement for Honkey and Cracker.  Shameful the CBS allowed this to be aired

To your first point about Chicago, Atlanta, NY and if I’d like to educate all the players at home. Nope. I’m good. You used an incredibly well known diversionary tactic that any Black person who’s ever spoken up for BLM or any other form of brutality that isn’t black on black (yes we are fully aware it’s an issue, yes we march and protest, yes we donate, yes we’ve established programs, yes we’ve tried to enact change through policy, but Al Sharpton and BLM...LMAO!!!!) is all to familiar with. So yeah, I’m good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’m fully aware of the Booker T quote and have known it for years. If you’d like for me to quote Malcolm X or MLK, Fredrick Douglas, Huey P. Newton, Medgar Evers, or any other black activist and their take on white Americans that sadly still ring true today...I won’t do that either because again that moved us away from the topic at hand. 

Lastly, “Chads“ and “Nancy” was not coined by Black people. It started a few years ago by incels (a vast majority being white males) on 4 Chan as description of the type of men what all the “women out of the their league“ went for. For them it invoked a certain image. So no, not started by Black people and actually not used by any Black person I know. Again, I don’t speak for all Black people and surely don’t know all Black people. But you can place the blame of its creation and overwhelming use on white males and if the image they conjured was a white person then that problem rests solely with them. 

There really is no need to @ me after this response. I mean you can but I’ll pass on replying because I’ve said all I needed to say with regards to all of this...hilarity. People openly exposed themselves in rare form this time around and that’s truly a win for me. 

Peace out, homie.

PS...If you get called a Chad (I’m going to guess the moderators don’t consider it to be a racist terms if it’s being left up) and it truly offends you then I am sorry. I’ve experienced some form of racism almost my entire life. It is unfortunate and disgusting and I hope no one else ever had to experience. Or maybe they should to know the impact and long lasting affects being viewed as “less than” can have on you emotionally and even physically...But really, what are you doing in the white community to quell white domestic terrorists, mass shootings, and domestic violence that has run rampant in...well...everywhere this country? Ok. Now I’m done. Now, peace out, homie. 

17 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

To your first point about Chicago, Atlanta, NY and if I’d like to educate all the players at home. Nope. I’m good. You used an incredibly well known diversionary tactic that any Black person who’s ever spoken up for BLM or any other form of brutality that isn’t black on black (yes we are fully aware it’s an issue, yes we march and protest, yes we donate, yes we’ve established programs, yes we’ve tried to enact change through policy, but Al Sharpton and BLM...LMAO!!!!) is all to familiar with. So yeah, I’m good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’m fully aware of the Booker T quote and have known it for years. If you’d like for me to quote Malcolm X or MLK, Fredrick Douglas, Huey P. Newton, Medgar Evers, or any other black activist and their take on white Americans that sadly still ring true today...I won’t do that either because again that moved us away from the topic at hand. 

Lastly, “Chads“ and “Nancy” was not coined by Black people. It started a few years ago by incels (a vast majority being white males) on 4 Chan as description of the type of men what all the “women out of the their league“ went for. For them it invoked a certain image. So no, not started by Black people and actually not used by any Black person I know. Again, I don’t speak for all Black people and surely don’t know all Black people. But you can place the blame of its creation and overwhelming use on white males and if the image they conjured was a white person then that problem rests solely with them. 

There really is no need to @ me after this response. I mean you can but I’ll pass on replying because I’ve said all I needed to say with regards to all of this...hilarity. People openly exposed themselves in rare form this time around and that’s truly a win for me. 

Peace out, homie.

PS...If you get called a Chad (I’m going to guess the moderators don’t consider it to be a racist terms if it’s being left up) and it truly offends you then I am sorry. I’ve experienced some form of racism almost my entire life. It is unfortunate and disgusting and I hope no one else ever had to experience. Or maybe they should to know the impact and long lasting affects being viewed as “less than” can have on you emotionally and even physically...But really, what are you doing in the white community to quell white domestic terrorists, mass shootings, and domestic violence that has run rampant in...well...everywhere this country? Ok. Now I’m done. Now, peace out, homie. 

I know if I was you, I would be exhausted by all of this, and I just want to say I'm sorry.  Maybe you find it comical at this point, but it has to wear on you on a daily, the same repetition falling on deaf ears, and for that I am very sorry.  Have a good week JoeDoe. 🙏💙

3 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

This is a couple years old, but a survey was done.  Vast majority of Native American's in a random poll said they weren't offended.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

I don't give a damn about football, so I don't have ... well, was gonna say skin in this game but that's just too punny.

The linked poll was in 2016.  The accuracy of Washington Post polls in 2016 is legendary, and not in a complimentary way (Hillary won big, right?).  "Randomly" calling cell numbers is the identified methodology.  Since last i knew only about a third of folks on reservations (yes, I know, majority do not live on res, but a significant percentage do) have any access to internet, there appears to be a flaw right out of the gate.  And a poll conducted by the newspaper in the same town as the team, presumably using personnel that are shall we say very familiar with the team, local economics, politics and ............ much like the quoted tribal leaders, I don't think I trust the results.  In any case that was four years ago, this is now.  I stick by opinion that open inclusive conversation is the way to go, but I do not see an open conversation about the merits of using a racial slur for a sports team going far.  Course some of this thread, well .................... who knows?

8 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

If the corporate sponsors do all the naming of teams, then they would have changed them years ago. They just buy naming rights to the stadiums. So far there are no Coors Silver Bullets.  I really could care less. I don't care about sports. No person should be paid tens of millions for throwing, carring, hitting or kicking a ball. I think the virus has proved we can do just as good without them. Most make local cities pay for  the stadiums, the teams could otherwise afford all by themselves.

As for the statutes being about slavery on public property, you have a point. No one should see a statue of a slave.  If you are in that locallity and are paying taxes. All you need to do is get a pettion and ask to have them taken down. If you don't live there and don't  pay into the local taxes, well I don't think they will listen to you.  What if the people of some place outside of Colorado said you should ban all illegal  drug sales,  medical or recreational. I bet you in Colorado would them tell them where to go. That they have no rights interfering with you making your children drug addicts.

red: is this anything like "are you still beating your wife?" I know, I know you mean federal.  Sure would have pictured you as a states rights guy (nothing wrong with .... I am!)

blue: this is so perfectly insulting, false, misleading and just plain whaaaaat? you should get some sort of presidential award B)

On 7/6/2020 at 4:41 AM, JRWolfe said:

JR I love that band sign me up! I love that that awesome organ sound!!! I can so into laying in the dark listening to really cool music mostly from the 60-70’s. “Hunger” is such a sexy song to me! 🤩🤩