Elle Blake

Bored to tears!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Until I had to take ex’s son to Denver Health ER Last Night!!!!   Deader then Roy Rogers Horse!!!! Except for two pregnant women walking in...and a couple of homeless people looking for shelter from the cold !

Interesting choice of words. You used, "ex's son" and "had to". Most homeless folk I've seen used to hang out in a sleazy bar nearby. They'd sit, order water and wait for someone to buy them a drink. Sometimes they'd camp out at night by the liquor store and plot the greatest heist they've ever dreamed. They'd invariably get arrested, wake up months later in a bright, not so new world. There they would do it all again. No correlation. Just interesting. 

3 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Until I had to take ex’s son to Denver Health ER Last Night!!!!   Deader then Roy Rogers Horse!!!! Except for two pregnant women walking in...and a couple of homeless people looking for shelter from the cold !

The ER I assume you mean ...... not the ex's son!!

What is the state of things in Denver. In the Lawrence, KS area here, the bars/restaurants are closed. Take out only. Only one strip club is open because it is a private club. Not subject to the general public rules. How long that will last is unknown. Traffic on the streets is definetly lighter due to the 25,000 college kids not in school(most have gone home) Grocery stores are open but the hoarders have cleaned the shelves of canned/dried foods, cleaning supplies, bottled waterand paper products. 

28 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

... Grocery stores are open but the hoarders have cleaned the shelves of canned/dried foods, cleaning supplies, bottled waterand paper products. 

One trick we’ve learned, if you can’t find what you want, go look in the organic section.  Locals wouldn’t be caught ... eating that frufru organic stuff.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

One trick we’ve learned, if you can’t find what you want, go look in the organic section.  Locals wouldn’t be caught ... eating that frufru organic stuff.

LOL! Then people ain’t really trying to eat. We had the opposite. All organics were gone leaving behind all that processed, 50 year shelf stable “crap.” ;) 

How’d your guitar classes go?

21 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

How’d your guitar classes go?

I have until the end of the month to submit my videos.  I’ve been learning how to upload & annotate them on Youtube.  I will probably submit early next week.

4 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

What is the state of things in Denver. In the Lawrence, KS area here, the bars/restaurants are closed. Take out only. Only one strip club is open because it is a private club. Not subject to the general public rules. How long that will last is unknown. Traffic on the streets is definetly lighter due to the 25,000 college kids not in school(most have gone home) Grocery stores are open but the hoarders have cleaned the shelves of canned/dried foods, cleaning supplies, bottled waterand paper products. 

Denver is in similar shape. Bars and dining rooms closed. You can get take-out from many places, though (even wine!) Food stores are slowly regaining inventory, I think the hoarders have mostly finished, bless their silly hearts.

Netflix and Amazon prime are keeping me entertained

12 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

i really, really don't want to use that organic toilet paper.

1 hour ago, IRsparky said:

i really, really don't want to use that organic toilet paper.

Hint:  you want the big oblong leaves.  Not the pointy ones that come 3 to a branch.  Cobs work well too, though they’re a little scratchy.

😜

Edited by Bit Banger

15 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Samesies😳

Hint:  you want the big oblong leaves.  Not the pointy ones that come 3 to a branch.  Cobs work well too, though they’re a little scratchy.

😜

Out this way we’ve got mullein. Nice soft, fuzzy leaves that’s don’t disintegrate when friction is applied. And they’re big and not prickly or poisonous. 

😜

They used to have this soft cabbage like plant in Northern California. The locals called it Indian toilet paper. The leaves felt like velvet. It was amazing. I looked outside my window at the courtyard below this morning. I noticed long streaks of mud in the snow. Then I thought about aunt Thelma’s Scottish terrier and what it did to the carpet. My god people. Ketchup wasn’t enough? Now it’s the snow? 

Toilet paper is easy to get at 7-11. I got five copies of The Denver Post at 7-11 just this morning. :D

I sure hope you and your Ex’s  son are doing well?  Sending prayers 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 3/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, Elle Blake said:

I hope your ex's son is doing well. Any trip to the ER is scary indeed!

On 3/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, Alex Majors said:

Same thing here in Denver. Been talking to my Los Angeles and Las Vegas friends, things are equally tough all over.