Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pauliane

Does it seem odd that a new provider on the Board bombards us with 7+ posts?

42 posts in this topic

Things like (tongue in cheek):

Do you like blue or yellow TP in my incall?

What is your favorite number between 4 and 12?

Do you prefer incalls in Hotels or hotels?

So are these attempts to draw attention to herself or am I just being a toad for Halloween?

Edited by Pauliane
Left word out

So are these attempts to draw attention to herself or am just being a toad for Halloween?

I'd vote for you being a toad.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

So are these attempts to draw attention to herself or am I just being a toad for Halloween?

If you don't like a particular member's threads, don't read them. you can clearly see the OP's board handle under each post title. you can also activate the ignore function for any member my clicking on "user CP" then "Edit Ignore List". posting a thread is no more interesting than the problem you are posting about and propagates H&D on the forum.

Odd? Not anymore. I always thought there was a separate board for advertising. Apparently there is overlap. :cool:

Odd? Not anymore. I always thought there was a separate board for advertising. Apparently there is overlap. :cool:

Aha! Toad #2! Welcome! :)

So why do you edit blatant advertising on the discussion board but allow covert advertising? Maybe missed revenue on the real advertising board in you only allow advertising where it belongs.

So why do you edit blatant advertising on the discussion board but allow covert advertising? Maybe missed revenue on the real advertising board in you only allow advertising where it belongs.

Would that be anytime a lady posts?

Good point NNG, But careful there - you might get called a toad by the resident trolls for callin' 'em like you see 'em.

A better question, Why do we edit blatant trolling on the discussion board but allow covert trolling?

A better question, Why do we edit blatant trolling on the discussion board but allow covert trolling?

LOL...great come back.:P

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

It's no more odd than the newbie guy that bombards us with 7+ posts over a few days time as well as commenting on every other thread on the board, and I've seen that happen more than a few times. It's like the electronic version of being a motor mouth; the person is in love with the sound of their own voice or in this case the view of their own words.

Now I can guarantee that there is no one out there that is more cynical or pessimistic than I am and more than a few times I've had the feeling that a lady's post to the discussion board was just an advertising ploy...BUT...

I've often wondered and somewhat worried about the traveling providers I see. Being tied to an incall location not wanting to go too far away or for too long for fear of losing business. It means not being able to go to movies or plays or concerts or hanging out at a night club or checking out the local town's museums, zoos or other cultural attractions. I've been known to bring along a copy of the Westword to let them see all the ads for clubs and restaurants to give them an idea of what's available in Denver. So it doesn't really bother me when a lady from out of town comes on the board to ask about places to eat or things to do in Denver with the limited amount of time they've allowed themselves to visit our fair city. If I were in their position visiting a strange city I'd reach out to the local discussion board to ask what there was to do in town. Much like the traveling businessmen that never see any parts of the cities they go too outside of the airport hotels and corporate offices; one wonders, why even bother.

For old timers, both guys and gals, we often forget how little we knew when we first started out. I know it would have been a whole lot easier for me if the lessons on how to be a hobbyist could have been learned by asking questions on a board like this rather then learning them in the school of hard knocks. That's why when a newbie asks a question or starts a thread on a topic that has been quite literally asked a hundred times before I don't roll my eyes and come back with a nasty "do your research". It's all old news to most of us but still brand new to some.

So are we to assume that any post by a lady to the discussion board is a covert attempt to keep themselves in our mind's eye when we go to choose our next appointment. Well I may be cynical, but at least I recognize that there are legitimate reasons for the ladies to be posting to the board.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

For old timers, both guys and gals, we often forget how little we knew when we first started out. I know it would have been a whole lot easier for me if the lessons on how to be a hobbyist could have been learned by asking questions on a board like this rather then learning them in the school of hard knocks.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

AustinClaps.gif

It's no more odd than the newbie guy that bombards us with 7+ posts over a few days time as well as commenting on every other thread on the board, and I've seen that happen more than a few times. It's like the electronic version of being a motor mouth; the person is in love with the sound of their own voice or in this case the view of their own words.

Now I can guarantee that there is no one out there that is more cynical or pessimistic than I am and more than a few times I've had the feeling that a lady's post to the discussion board was just an advertising ploy...BUT...

I've often wondered and somewhat worried about the traveling providers I see. Being tied to an incall location not wanting to go too far away or for too long for fear of losing business. It means not being able to go to movies or plays or concerts or hanging out at a night club or checking out the local town's museums, zoos or other cultural attractions. I've been known to bring along a copy of the Westword to let them see all the ads for clubs and restaurants to give them an idea of what's available in Denver. So it doesn't really bother me when a lady from out of town comes on the board to ask about places to eat or things to do in Denver with the limited amount of time they've allowed themselves to visit our fair city. If I were in their position visiting a strange city I'd reach out to the local discussion board to ask what there was to do in town. Much like the traveling businessmen that never see any parts of the cities they go too outside of the airport hotels and corporate offices; one wonders, why even bother.

For old timers, both guys and gals, we often forget how little we knew when we first started out. I know it would have been a whole lot easier for me if the lessons on how to be a hobbyist could have been learned by asking questions on a board like this rather then learning them in the school of hard knocks. That's why when a newbie asks a question or starts a thread on a topic that has been quite literally asked a hundred times before I don't roll my eyes and come back with a nasty "do your research". It's all old news to most of us but still brand new to some.

So are we to assume that any post by a lady to the discussion board is a covert attempt to keep themselves in our mind's eye when we go to choose our next appointment. Well I may be cynical, but at least I recognize that there are legitimate reasons for the ladies to be posting to the board.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I call bullshit on all of this.

New-to-town and established providers alike have spammed the board with seemingly innocuous questions, and they often have little to do with actually being new. Questions like "why do BBBJ but not BBFS" are thinly veiled publicity stunts.

Reminds me of the provider who posted a thread asking guys how much money they would want to get f'd in the ass. I think we all knew that she was implying that she had established her own price point, and wanted phone calls inquiring such.

As boink said - sure, I can just ignore posts I don't want to read. But when is enough enough? What's the cutoff point? 5 new threads a day? 10?

I have no doubt that if one of the fine gents around here ( say pit bull for example) were to start posting "boring ass threads" (oxy's words) we'd be hearing the same questions, probably from the same trolls who dare to question us for calling out the damsels in distress :cool:

New-to-town and established providers alike have spammed the board with seemingly innocuous questions, and they often have little to do with actually being new. Questions like "why do BBBJ but not BBFS" are thinly veiled publicity stunts.

:

Actually, a lot of good information came out of the discussions -- at least indirectly. I was vaguely aware of the PrEP studies as some kind of new clinical trial, but it's great to hear that PrEP is a success, at least for those who have partners with HIV. I also liked the careful discussion of the actual transmission rates, since that's the only way to make rational decisions. If only we could be that rational with the ebola scare.

It's fun to be a bad-ass take-no-shit kind of guy. Even better to form a community of support.

Actually, a lot of good information came out of the discussions -- at least indirectly. I was vaguely aware of the PrEP studies as some kind of new clinical trial, but it's great to hear that PrEP is a success, at least for those who have partners with HIV. I also liked the careful discussion of the actual transmission rates, since that's the only way to make rational decisions. If only we could be that rational with the ebola scare.

It's fun to be a bad-ass take-no-shit kind of guy. Even better to form a community of support.

Not all of the new threads are veiled advertising. I actually enjoyed the article on PrEP.

I'd rather be a "take no shit" guy than a "tail-wagging white knight".

"why do BBBJ but not BBFS"

Thank you for providing the perfect example of what I was talking about.

This is one of those specific questions that has been asked and answered on the board a hundred times before...and yet... It's one of those topics that could well be confusing to a newbie on either side of the profession. We tend to think of "everything must be covered at all times" people to be providers but there are many guys out there that think the same way.

To be covered or uncovered during BJs is a personal choice but how does a person make that choice when they are inexperienced and all they've heard from the anti sex folks is how dangerous sex is. Forget what you or I knew when we made our decisions and put yourself in the place of the newbie guy or gal that until coming into contact with the profession may have had a very vanilla sex life and "are BBBJs safe" questions popping up from time to time make perfect sense.

Now here's an example of how cynical I am. There have been many times when I've suspected ulterior motives for some of the "are BBBJs safe" threads. First of all I suspect that some of them are FUD posts from those anti sex/profession people that love to come on the board from time to time to mess with our heads. Along those same FUD lines but for different reasons I've often suspected that a thread started by established TF providers about this question to be no more than attempts to undercut their UTF competition as well as to put themselves in the mind's eye of the ultra safe clients out there.

So there we have it. There are both legitimate reasons as well as ulterior motives for asking a question and that brings us to...whose to judge. Even if the question is judged to be asked for ulterior motives wouldn't the lurker newbie reading the thread still be provided with information and opinions from both sides that could be used to make his/her own decision on the subject...and isn't that one of the reasons for TOB to exist.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

IMO this board would really be boring if it was just guys starting all the new threads. For me it always nice to see new providers and seasoned providers starting new threads.

IMO this board would really be boring if it was just guys starting all the new threads. For me it always nice to see new providers and seasoned providers starting new threads.

I could not agree more!! And would prefer they not get driven off by being immediately pounced upon and slammed cause their post isn't up to somebody's liking!

Sounds like some good 'under the covers' work! Don't fret - sounds more like Freaky Friday???

Have Fun and be Safe!!!

This I actually agree with. Maybe the ladies should have to pay an advertising fee instead of getting an infraction.

Would that be anytime a lady posts?

Nope not at all. One could argue that a ladies very presence is some sort of advertising but I have never broken that rule and don't really care for the "look at me posts" from other ladies.

Good point NNG, But careful there - you might get called a toad by the resident trolls for callin' 'em like you see 'em.

You're the resident troll in case you haven't forgotten. Some of you should really get your eyes checked before you continue to call 'em like you see 'em.

Reminds me of the provider who posted a thread asking guys how much money they would want to get f'd in the ass. I think we all knew that she was implying that she had established her own price point, and wanted phone calls inquiring such.

As boink said - sure, I can just ignore posts I don't want to read. But when is enough enough? What's the cutoff point? 5 new threads a day? 10?

I have no doubt that if one of the fine gents around here ( say pit bull for example) were to start posting "boring ass threads" (oxy's words) we'd be hearing the same questions, probably from the same trolls who dare to question us for calling out the damsels in distress :cool:

Not that I'm going to point any fingers :rolleyes: but, we also have a considerable amount of thinly veiled trolling.

Edited by boink36
Forgot to use bold.

Just because someone states something that disagrees with your position does not make them a troll. But continued use of the term troll does.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Just because someone states something that disagrees with your position does not make them a troll.

Bingo

What happened to you NNG. You use to be such a nice guy. Now you're Grouchy McGroucho Pants. I'm telling you this as friend. Someone you use to run with. Remember when they tried posting the Denver broncos cheerleaders on here? We'll we owned that thread. Now seems like all that interest you is petty witch hunts on providers. Lighten up, look past all that negativity and you'll see all positive things they do for this board.