Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velvet Valentine

Will Obamacare affect your spending?

How will the cost affect your spending?   39 members have voted

1. 1. How will the cost affect your spending?

• Men- I have medical insurance already and it won't affect me in the least
    • Men-own a business and will need to offer something to my employees, so it might affect my spending
    • Men- I have no insurance and I will have to spend this money now
    • Ladies- I already have medical insurance so this new expense won't affect me in the least.
    • Ladies- I will have to purchase insurance-hope to be busy.
    • Guys and Girls- I qualify for medicaid now, so it's not affecting my hobby
    • Who gives a crap. I'm not getting it

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Beginning tomorrow , everyone needs to start appling for medical insurance, if they don't already have it. So, this is not a thread to become a political conversation on whether you believe in it or not, but rather how will it affect your spending or not. Let's keep it on topic of how it will affect your hobby between now and the January 1st deadline.

Obamacare does not provide coverage for the serious medical condition known as "blue balls." My hobby expenditures are my personal coverage for this condition.

Beginning tomorrow , everyone needs to start appling for medical insurance, if they don't already have it. So, this is not a thread to become a political conversation on whether you believe in it or not, but rather how will it affect your spending or not. Let's keep it on topic of how it will affect your hobby between now and the January 1st deadline.

A girl in the gym was asking me about this and usually I'm up on current events. Also, I work in healthcare so I should know, but I'm a bit behind the times on this one.

What is the cost ?

<snip>

The girl from the gym mentioned something in the 700 range.

Edited by Kaduk
politics...

A girl in the gym was asking me about this and usually I'm up on current events. Also, I work in healthcare so I should know, but I'm a bit behind the times on this one.

What is the cost ?

<snip>

The girl from the gym mentioned something in the 700 range.

While I predict this one is going off the rails in 5...4...3...2...

http://www.coloradohealthinsuranceexchange.us

Low income folks will be subsidized by way of a tax credit.

While it doesn't really affect my participation much, I already have insurance; IMO it can only be a good thing for the business in general.

Edited by Kaduk
politics...

We arn't talking about what it is. This is a hobbyboard. I asked how will the cost affect your hobbies.

If you need to know what it is, go research it on the net please. :D

We arn't talking about what it is. This is a hobbyboard. I asked how will the cost affect your hobbies.

If you need to know what it is, go research it on the net please. :D

Sorry about that VV, and the rest of the folks!

Oops! I misread "Medicaid" as "Medicare" and voted wrong.

Put me down for "no change"

Oops! I misread "Medicaid" as "Medicare" and voted wrong.

"

I wonder which one Velvet really meant? I doubt too many viewers here are on Medicaid.

What on earth does "Obamacare" have to do with the hobby. Me thinks, someone is trying to stir the pot.:cool:

Being self employed - I'll have to buy some coverage, which I've been meaning to do anyway. So, a little less funding for girls.

Maybe I'll just raise my rates!?!

I voted Who gives a crap. I'm not getting it. I'm not sure what the punishment will be but I guess I'll take my chances. I've always been healthy so at my age it's a huge waste of money.

I voted Who gives a crap. I'm not getting it. I'm not sure what the punishment will be but I guess I'll take my chances. I've always been healthy so at my age it's a huge waste of money.

It is a hugh waste of money until you get sick or have an accident.

What on earth does "Obamacare" have to do with the hobby. Me thinks, someone is trying to stir the pot.:cool:

Acquiring health insurance is likely to increase one's monthly expenses.

For the guys this would reduce their disposable income which may effect their hobby budget.

For the gals this would increase their need for income, reflected in raised rates or increased activity.

I think it's a legitimate question/poll. Timely too considering the current MSN coverage.

It is a hugh waste of money until you get sick or have an accident.

Yep, so's car insurance.....and fire........and..... well, the point's made.

You forgot a category, reflecting your bias perhaps?

"I already have insurance, but this will provide me a lower cost option, so I can see more ladies."

"I already have insurance, but this will provide me a lower cost option, so I can see more ladies."

She also left out having the tooth fairy paying your dental insurance so you can see more ladies.....and for the same reason.

Yeah, this. I already had insurance, but thanks to the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) I've already received a rebate check from my provider, so I have more money to hobby. Thank you Mr. President and Congressional Democrats!

If I wanted to be that spicific, I guess that I could have then also added,

"I have insurance, but mine isn't on the list of approved providers, so I'll have to get new insurance". But again, that would just basically follow under, "I have this new expense" sorta catagory....

I'm not looking for all that drama, I'm simply was curious to know if the new expense would affect your hobbying in a negative way. I'm sure lots of ladies would be curious to know how it would affect their business in coming months.

If in fact it is positive for you and I missed it, you can always state that here. I'd like to keep it on point and not turn it into a pissing match. Whether we all agree or disagree on it, it's still a valid question , of a new expense people will have, that MIGHT affect the hobby for some.

Thanks.

I tend to agree.

Obamacare is still a relatively abstract concept to many people. Besides, anyone who cannot afford health insurance isn't going to be hobbying, unless it's on Colfax. :cool:

It's only a "new expense" to the small amount of people who have been freeloading, not buying insurance until they inevitably get sick or injured, who then end up going to the ER or a hospital because by law those entities MUST provide service, and being charged thousands of dollars instead of $100 for a doctor visit, and then stiffing the ER/hospital when they can't pay their bills; of course the taxpayers end up being the ones who pay for these irresponsible freeloaders.

Of course there are legitimately poor people who haven't been able to pay for health insurance. For them, many will now have a cheap option for the first time in their lives due to the ACA. I doubt many of them post on TOB, though.

Having options for the small number of freeloaders who haven't been paying for insurance and for the absurdly small chance that someone on TOB owns 1 of the handful of American businesses subject to the 50-employee mandate (which doesn't kick in until 2014 anyway), but not having an option for people who will save money through the ACA, either from the rebates the majority of Coloradans will get from their provider, or those who weren't able to get insurance previously because of pre-existing conditions, or those under 26 who can stay on their parents' cheaper plans, just shows this poll was set up with political biases to push an agenda, and not to produce an actual hobby-related discussion.

If I wanted to be that spicific, I guess that I could have then also added,

"I have insurance, but mine isn't on the list of approved providers, so I'll have to get new insurance". But again, that would just basically follow under, "I have this new expense" sorta catagory....

I'm not looking for all that drama, I'm simply was curious to know if the new expense would affect your hobbying in a negative way. I'm sure lots of ladies would be curious to know how it would affect their business in coming months.

If in fact it is positive for you and I missed it, you can always state that here. I'd like to keep it on point and not turn it into a pissing match. Whether we all agree or disagree on it, it's still a valid question , of a new expense people will have, that MIGHT affect the hobby for some.

Thanks.

pre-existing condition no problem. get hurt then go sign up with no penalty.

Yeah, this. I already had insurance, but thanks to the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) I've already received a rebate check from my provider, so I have more money to hobby. Thank you Mr. President and Congressional Democrats!

that's some funny shit right there. The rebates averaged $50 and only 1% of the population got them, just who are you going to spend your $50 on?

compared to what i hear hobby horses spend on the hobby, i'm a pretty much a piker, so this is the least of my financial concerns.

i doubt any of the ladies will notice an appreciable drop-off in my hobbying activities.

What's funny is people who only get their "facts" from Rush and Faux News. I already got 1 rebate check myself. If I told you who I spent it on, that would be shilling and not allowed on this board.

that's some funny shit right there. The rebates averaged $50 and only 1% of the population got them, just who are you going to spend your $50 on?

Didn't take long for the "political pundits" (heavy sarcasm) to throw their 2 cents in. Way to go, you are sooooo smart! :rolleyes:

Nobody cares whether you are for or against it. This isn't a political forum.

In bold, would cost me 75% more than my current health insurance so

no it wont change my spending. in red, I agree thanks for nothing.

In bold, would cost me 75% more than my current health insurance so

no it wont change my spending. in red, I agree thanks for nothing.

Jeez, now the mod is talking politics! LOL! Do as I say, not as I do, huh? :cool:

Dude! Is your All State agent really hot or what?

I have no well-thought opinion on Obamacare. So I'm just going to pick on Jerry.

Yep, so's car insurance.....and fire........and..... well, the point's made.