Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

The most dangerous question in the world???

67 posts in this topic

I think that if you intend to move towards a profit stream, ascertaining the satisfaction of your users as far as the future of the site goes is rational.

Making TOB a pay site is not my intention, it is just one option that could make me a little more excited about rebuilding the Review Database. My intention is to keep TOB free, but that might not be possible. We shall see, but regardless I have very little interest in making my living from a Review site. I already have a job that keeps me very busy and that I make a respectable income from.

People here understand the value of TOB and, with the key being anonymous donations, I think many of us would donate at least a bit.

It's definitely another idea being tossed around. The only issue I have with donations is that while some people would donate, a whole bunch would not. So I'm a little afraid that I'd be stuck holding the giant invoice in the end, with only a small number of kind hearted souls having chipped in.

I really appreciate the input and ideas though, and I'll continue tossing them around in my head. All I know is that things usually work out just the way they are supposed to, in the end.

Oxy

The evolution we are being demanded to go through is one of profit growth for a single individual. I think that some of the changes will benefit providers in general and not a single individual. New things are being tried that potentially can increase providers earning potential while maintaining the purpose of TOB. If you feel the new "demands" of TOB are too much, many of great things were started out of dissidence, Mr. Paine. Now this would not be considered strange for any of us old timers that have seen the GinaXXX empire grow on the back of TOB. If it wasn't for the one the other could not have happened and as with most people enough is never enough. Oxy said somewhere that she pays for TOB so it's only fitting that an investment would make money. Don't see what the issue is.

...WHY? Some may try to dismiss this as guys being upset at being under control of a woman. Possible but...Are you saying your disgruntled attitude reflected in this entire rant is possibly because the moderator is a woman? Am I reading that right? I wonder if that woman had simplycome in and saved us from the troll attacks instead of attempting changes that were so obviously calculated to increase her bottom line would we not have all(guys and gals)welcomed her as a liberator as opposed just to another corporate greed monger making changes not for the good of the community but that of the bottom line. A little something to think about.:eek:She did "come in and save us" as you put it. Maybe you should be thankful she is taking time out of her evil money making day to make your hooker board surfing experience a little more pleasurable as opposed to TELLING her how you would like to be saved. And for the love of God you are acting like she is Immult and her empire is GE. She is a small business owner using the advertising tools at her disposal to make a living. Stop acting like this is Occupy TheOtherBoard. Gina, kudos to you for living the American (in Canada) dream.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

The evolution we are being demanded to go through is one of profit growth for a single individual. I think that some of the changes will benefit providers in general and not a single individual. New things are being tried that potentially can increase providers earning potential while maintaining the purpose of TOB. If you feel the new "demands" of TOB are too much, many of great things were started out of dissidence, Mr. Paine. Now this would not be considered strange for any of us old timers that have seen the GinaXXX empire grow on the back of TOB. If it wasn't for the one the other could not have happened and as with most people enough is never enough. Oxy said somewhere that she pays for TOB so it's only fitting that an investment would make money. Don't see what the issue is.

...WHY? Some may try to dismiss this as guys being upset at being under control of a woman. Possible but...Are you saying your disgruntled attitude reflected in this entire rant is possibly because the moderator is a woman? Am I reading that right? I wonder if that woman had simplycome in and saved us from the troll attacks instead of attempting changes that were so obviously calculated to increase her bottom line would we not have all(guys and gals)welcomed her as a liberator as opposed just to another corporate greed monger making changes not for the good of the community but that of the bottom line. A little something to think about.:eek:She did "come in and save us" as you put it. Maybe you should be thankful she is taking time out of her evil money making day to make your hooker board surfing experience a little more pleasurable as opposed to TELLING her how you would like to be saved. And for the love of God you are acting like she is Immult and her empire is GE. She is a small business owner using the advertising tools at her disposal to make a living. Stop acting like this is Occupy TheOtherBoard. Gina, kudos to you for living the American (in Canada) dream.

Ms. Leigh...

Let me make something perfectly clear; I have nothing against old fashioned American capitalism although the greed factor does tarnish the concept.

When I say that the GinaXXX empire was built on the back of TOB I was there and saw and was one of the most outspoken champions of Denver PC but then a newbie like you would not know all that.

What sparked this particular post was Gina's smug, hypocritical and condescending post in the thread about ads in the signature lines. Where she stated that what she was doing was for the continued growth and vitality of the community. That was such a crock of Madison Ave. BS I just had to say something. She cares about her bottom line not about our community.

I read something by John Steinbeck once that puts it all in perspective for me and I'll paraphrase it here but if someone can find the actual quote I'd love to see it posted and I might even add it to my signature line. He wrote along the lines of, "It doesn't bother me the games big business and government play. What really gets me upset is that they think I'm to stupid to know what they are doing." That's what this OP was about.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Every hotel now has a sign professing their love for the environment and requesting that room linens be reused. I know they don't actually care about trees but they do care about their bottom line. I don't call down to the front desk and tell them I am not so easily fooled. I acknowledge the reciprocity of the request and move on. "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

WHY...When you start to question the motivations of those in power and why they do the things they do one can often find themselves in trouble.

This probably applies more to kingdoms, and oligarchies, than to internet message boards.

Gettin an infraction, or a ban, hardly compares to prison, or beheading. :rolleyes:

What sparked this particular post was Gina's smug, hypocritical and condescending post in the thread about ads in the signature lines. Where she stated that what she was doing was for the continued growth and vitality of the community. That was such a crock of Madison Ave. BS I just had to say something. She cares about her bottom line not about our community.

I read something by John Steinbeck once that puts it all in perspective for me and I'll paraphrase it here but if someone can find the actual quote I'd love to see it posted and I might even add it to my signature line. He wrote along the lines of, "It doesn't bother me the games big business and government play. What really gets me upset is that they think I'm to stupid to know what they are doing." That's what this OP was about.

Why would you even think for a minute that the function of this board is anything other than to put money into the pocket of the girls?

Hookers post here because they want Johns to look them up and book a session with them. Working girls are hamsters - if they wanna eat, they have to keep the wheel spinning.

You can see this in regard to the ad banners: as soon as Gina allowed them, girls started to take advantage of the new rule, pushing it to the point where the inevitable backlash started.

Beverly then tried to sell us on this bullshit idea that allowing ad banners was a sign of maturity and a sign of making this place a welcoming place for the girls.

Needless to say, this is bullshit times 50.

A variation of that Steinbeck quote would be: Don't piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

Why would you even think for a minute that the function of this board is anything other than to put money into the pocket of the girls?

I don't really believe that, but to be honest it doesn't matter. Because I don't really care about the intent of the owners/managers. I only care about what it gives me.

The reason I'm here is that it's a source of good info, and sometimes entertainment, and sometimes pictures of titties.

My goal is to fuck a lot of women. This board helps me accomplish that goal.

I don't really believe that, but to be honest it doesn't matter. Because I don't really care about the intent of the owners/managers. I only care about what it gives me.

The reason I'm here is that it's a source of good info, and sometimes entertainment, and sometimes pictures of titties.

My goal is to fuck a lot of women. This board helps me accomplish that goal.

Info: She is a C cup.

Kellyup.BMP

Hope you like this. :)

Beverly then tried to sell us on this bullshit idea that allowing ad banners was a sign of maturity and a sign of making this place a welcoming place for the girls.

Needless to say, this is bullshit times 50.

You know, I keep trying to be nice. Let me say this -- I don't try to sell anyone on anything I don't believe in myself. It's a positive viewpoint on the world. I can't recommend it enough. And it's free!

However, even positive people can get fed up, dear. (One can always tell when I'm irritated -- I start busting out the "dears" and "sweethearts." Mom always said, the ruder people become, the more polite one should be.).

Anyhow, you're stuck with one of my cats, now.

boring.jpg

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

Mom always said, the ruder people become, the more polite one should be.

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

I'm going to try to follow this advice, Thank you! :):)

flies.png

I find it interesting that for some reason you believe the owners and/or administrators of this board owe you an explanation for any changes they decide to make. It would be different if we were paying for this right and had expectations for our money.

I would also wonder what purpose there was to your post? What results were you anticipating or expecting? Is this not stirring the pot, just to stir the pot?

You certainly are entitled to your opinion. But you are a guest in this house. And as a guest you are expected to follow the house rules.

Every hotel now has a sign professing their love for the environment and requesting that room linens be reused. I know they don't actually care about trees but they do care about their bottom line. I don't call down to the front desk and tell them I am not so easily fooled. I acknowledge the reciprocity of the request and move on. "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

Very nicely said. This board serves a purpose. If it did not exist we would all either be crying for one, or making a lot of very bad decisions. I know the purpose of this board and I know my intent in coming here. And as long as I know that, it works for me.

I just want to know one thing. Was there any behind the scenes clamoring for all the changes or was it already in Oxy's head? I am adapting to the changes and some are good and i feel some are bad. I want you folks to know my opinions have nothing to do with a WOMAN took over.

I feel that saving us from the trolls was a good start. I dont feel breaking into 2 discussion boards was needed or warranted but thats just me. I also feel that the banners in the ladies signatures was ok but that some people took advantage of it and made there banners so large and garish that it distracted from the post. Showing tits is good. overall the board changes are ok but I do miss Gandalfblack.

I do agree with CH that the board at least for now has gotten boring. Look at the colorado only post and it has indeed turned into, at least for now, a 411 druelfest. I only agree with CH about half the time and on this I think he was at least half right. I also admit to not having a clue about any of Oxy's motives and I will not speculate. My 2 Cents, Thanks

or was it already in Oxy's head?

I've always disagreed with T.O. over some of the policies he had in place, so yes many of the changes (and more to come) were already in my head. But that doesn't mean they have to be a bad thing!

Oxy

I think Gina is spending too much time trying to explain its taking too much time. Listen up fellow workers Bees, Gina is the the Queen Bee and we are the worker BEES. WE are here to serve our queen so she can ensure the use of TOB for our enjoyment and the ladies ability to profit from the use of TOB and future generations to follow.

WHY is that so hard to understand.

I am sure Gina is hard pressed to make this a pay for site but should she go that way we will all adapt and or find other means to fill our needs.

So worker Bees file in line.

hi o hi o off to work we go.

Lilithia

Edited by lilithia
because we live in the good ole us

Either way we will see in time right? I seriously doubt the changes will result in a mass exodus. To where? Eccie is okay, but they have their own set of major issues at this time. I do not like that I cannot see the ROS. Appreciate what you have now. A board that allows for equal contribution between members, and is GENERALLY a good place to be and find info. I know I do.

If I remember and correct me Gina if I am wrong. I was always under the impression That TO was to cater to the hobbyist and his needs and his needs alone. Unlike a another local board whom he felt was to provider friendly. So for him to take advise from a female on how his male friendly board should be ran seems in oppostion to what he had in mind.

Little Does it matter now But it does appear there are less people logging in.

Good luck

Lilithia

If I remember and correct me Gina if I am wrong. I was always under the impression That TO was to cater to the hobbyist and his needs and his needs alone. Unlike a another local board whom he felt was to provider friendly. So for him to take advise from a female on how his male friendly board should be ran seems in oppostion to what he had in mind.

Good luck

Lilithia

Like I said earlier beautiful right now the board is boring. No good threads latley.It will get bettor, everything runs in cycles.

I think Gina is spending too much time trying to explain its taking too much time. Listen up fellow workers Bees, Gina is the the Queen Bee and we are the worker BEES. WE are here to serve our queen so she can ensure the use of TOB for our enjoyment and the ladies ability to profit from the use of TOB and future generations to follow.

WHY is that so hard to understand.

I am sure Gina is hard pressed to make this a pay for site but should she go that way we will all adapt and or find other means to fill our needs.

So worker Bees file in line.

hi o hi o off to work we go.

Lilithia

Good luck

Lilithia

After reading some of this "him against her" "us against them" bullshit you are spewing it's no wonder fewer people are logging in. the forum is an exchange of information, provider advertising is information guys go on the web to find. I think Gina is trying to make this a place were every member can find what they came here looking for. trying to start a male VS female feud is only more fudd.

WHY...When you start to question the motivations of those in power and why they do the things they do one can often find themselves in trouble. That's never stopped me from being a trouble maker though; in fact some may even point out that it is my special talent. Just call me the Thomas Paine of hobbying crying out for a little common sense.;)

Now no one can deny that administrative functions needed to be restored to the board to keep it running smoothly but more importantly to combat the rash of attacks by trolls that we had been under.

What you may call smug, hypocritical and condescending others would call an honest and transparent approach to answering the Forum member's posts.

• Everything that you reiterated in your OP has been stated by Gina recently in the Forum threads & posts for everyone to read.

• You make it sound like you have unearthed some covert operation.

You are not uncovering anything that was indistinct, ambiguous, or unclear...

The woman who taught me this business, Kira, used to have me babysit her youngest son. Her older kids were teenagers. I used to make dinner for the lot of them, though only the youngest needed babysitting.

One night, I was laughing and having fun chatting with the oldest child, a boy. I was preparing dinner. Unlike his mother, I expected the kids to help prepare the meal.

I asked the boy to grate some cheese. He was pissed. Spoiled kid, used to being waited on. I kept trying to joke and have fun with him, as we'd been doing before. But he was angry, grumpy.

Finally, I said, "Look, we can laugh and have fun like we were doing before, or you can be pissed off and grumpy. Either way, you're grating cheese."

It's become an expression in my family, one I'm sharing here: "You're grating cheese." Basically, you decide your attitude, but either way, this is how things are.

You get to decide your attitude, but either way, things have changed. I'm choosing to have fun with it.

xxxooo

Beverly ;-*

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~rpeterso/quotfam.htm

"You get to decide your attitude, but either way, things have changed. I'm choosing to have fun with it."

Me too Bev...

I can't say that positive thinking always works, but I sure know that negative thinking never does. As the song went, "accentuate the postive, eliminate the negative". Lincoln summed it up best in the third quotation above. The first quote fits the OP to a T. ;)

I learned a long time ago that whatever happens on these boards doesn't really matter. This is not real life, it's just a discussion forum and it's just another form of entertainment.

If a person REALLY cares about who says what here, it's time find a real life. I've been in those shoes, but haven't been there for many years (thank gawd)!

Oxy

What you may call smug, hypocritical and condescending others would call an honest and transparent approach to answering the Forum member's posts.

I'd wondered through this thread a few times over the course of its overly long life. Just noticed the OP had called someone else "smug, hypocritical and condescending"

Coming from the most self absorbed persona on this Board, that is flat out hilarious.

Actually Boink, if I remember correctly, TO 's main reason for this board was for the hobbyists...no "us vs them" but tell me if I am wrong?

I cannot see how Lilithia is trying to start some feud here. It was boys vs girls when trolls started asp bashing and then the ladies fired back, but we don't see that now.

There is no fued here my dear friend. I was making lite of what Gina stated I am the Queendom. You Boinkee are too invested to seew hen someone is merely having fun.

It is what it is and it will be what it will be and anything I post will not change that.

so hi o hi o off to work I go.

Everyone have a great week

Lilithia