Lucylucyloveland

Is it worth it?

23 posts in this topic

Since I have "retired" from the ish about 3 years ago, I've moved states away and grown into a spouse/mother/homemaker role 🥱 Yawn city.

It makes me miss being a hobby to the hobbyists.

Is it normal to miss this? To who, who have circled back, is it just as good, better, worse, worth it, or a waste? 

Edited by Lucylucyloveland

You aren't looking for a response from a guy. A long while a retired shared their thoughts on the same topic. She was satisfied with what she was doing, if I remember correctly, continuing her education, but at times missed the excitement and the ease of monetary advancement. I'm not a psychologist but it sounds like maybe you need to do more for yourself. Start a new hobby, take a courage, go to the gym. 

You would always be welcome back!!

You knew ahead of time it was gonna be boring, probably shouldn’t have went that route, atleast you could always get back into it if you wanted

10 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

Since I have "retired" from the ish about 3 years ago, I've moved states away and grown into a spouse/mother/homemaker role 🥱 Yawn city.

Is it normal to miss this? To who, who have circled back, is it just as good, better, worse, worth it, or a waste? 

I have a few friends that have moved away, became housewives/mothers and they don't HOBBY at all because its too risky in their little town but when they come back to Denver LOL, they explore their options...................................Come back Lucy LOL, we are waiting on you..............................

On 1/23/2024 at 5:06 AM, Lucylucyloveland said:

On 1/23/2024 at 5:06 AM, Lucylucyloveland said:

I will also be interested in the replies of other companions.....

The hobby is, no doubt, a wildly exciting scenario filled with passion  pleasure and variety. OF COURSE you would miss it.

Are you struggling with your decision and thinking about returning to the hobby, or just bored and looking for a little harmless intelectual stimulation/affirmation? If the former, you don't have to be Captain Obvious to realize what you have to lose....  Keep.in mind the reasons  you retired- are they still valid? I have no idea if you can have both... I hope a companion will reach out to you - or that you will reach out to a professional-  to help you achieve some peace, whatever it is that you decide. 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:06 AM, Lucylucyloveland said:

Or you could take up sky diving or motorcycle racing ;) Hi, Lucy, hope all is well other than yawns. :lol:

it is healthy to think about and miss something you enjoyed doing. my personal opinion is to not act on those thoughts if  things are currently going well. healthy thoughts are good. the hobby (imo) once you're out of this, it will always be a part of you. leave it at that....good thoughts ~

Hey @Lucylucyloveland! I’ve had periods of time when I’ve taken care of family members or took a sabbatical. During those times, I still lurked. We get to know each other and can be vested in how each other is doing. As far as missing the hobby, yes I missed it. It probably serves me in ways that is doesn’t serve others though.I love my hobby friends!

I’ve been in hiatus for about 3 years, in an LTR.  The fact that I’m in S.TX and not CO these days is another factor.  Not many opportunities down here.

Yes, I miss the hobby and intimate interactions with ALL my hobby friends, but keep in touch through TOB with a few.  Will I ever return? IDK

I like the lady's responses to your question! High-qualified answers should be what you are looking for. Have you talked to your husband about stepping back in again? And if so, was he supportive? I would say most husbands would not be supportive. As far as what you miss? It’s always nice to hear compliments. It’s always nice to get the fast cash, and it’s nice to promote yourself sometimes if it’s all in the manner serves your needs for self improvement. You know it’s also funny, but you become like a little celebrity in our world when you’re able to do this and gain success!  I wish you well, @Lucylucyloveland!
I  remember you when you were active and you’re always very kind to, people. 

17 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I’ve been in hiatus for about 3 years, in an LTR.  The fact that I’m in S.TX and not CO these days is another factor.  Not many opportunities down here.

Yes, I miss the hobby and intimate interactions with ALL my hobby friends, but keep in touch through TOB with a few.  Will I ever return? IDK

It’s not the same here friend. It’s getting dirty, and so much crime EVERYWHERE. It’s sad for us long time Coloradans. 

Well, looks like I might have been the last guy to see this lovely lady before she moved on years ago. I hope seeing me wasn't the last straw to push her out the door. :( I know you are looking for the advise of the ladies her, but all I'll add is that the grass is not always greener, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and things aren't always at rosily as they might seem looking back. Whatever you decide, I hope you are happy with your decision.

I circled back after doing the stay at home mom thing for several years. I actually enjoy it much more these days than I did when I was 18-21. I used to work for agencies and the vibe was different. Also, as a single mom the flexibility and financial freedom it allows me is unparalleled and I'm so grateful for it. Not saying that you should or shouldn't, but after my nearly decade hiatus returning to SW has been amazing. 💗 

Edited by EllaB

On 1/25/2024 at 11:58 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Have you talked to your husband about stepping back in again? And if so, was he supportive? I would say most husbands would not be supportive. 

Assuming hubby knows her previous career.

10 minutes ago, oldguy47 said:

Assuming hubby knows her previous career.

Hubby is actually my previous client :) he even wrote a review for me many many moons ago. We've been togther for going on 7 years. I've since moved to Washington state and I've talked with him about dipping my toe in here. But it's just not the same as colorado. He must get annoyed with how much I've said "I miss colorado" over the 3 years now. Thank yall for replying and telling my your perspective and giving advice. I really do appreciate it!

@Lucylucyloveland  I know an awesome young lady who advertises on TOB but doesn't really participate in the forums, who's looking at retiring soon.  We've somewhat become friends and the last time we had lunch, I sensed a little concern on her part about stepping away.   Would you be willing to share your experiences with her?  If so, I'd connect the two of you in what ever way you'd like and step completely out of the way.  Feel free to DM me if you'd like.

Seven years in a relationship can be a reflective time. It's commonly called the "seven year itch". There numerous posts on Reddit. Guess twelve years is another one. 

Maybe I can chime in here… in the last few months I started dating a man whom was my client as well. Hell for the last 10 years I was single, but for the last 2 years I watched the industry do a complete 360 :( I love the fact he supports me in whatever my decision is about this kind of work. I think for some, we invest a lot of our hearts into this.

I have a real job now and yes the money is so different but the feeling I get when someone reaches out to me and says you were so nice to me and made me feel so comfortable, I like making people feel special and happy and being different then the scammers and other people out there. I always felt that we need more patience in this industry because it has to be so very intimidating to try to click with one lady, not to mention how attractive a lot of the ladies are. 
I can’t imagine how it feels on that side, I know how exciting it is to know I am doing something that is very dangerous, yet thrilling in so many ways. I think I will forever have that itch… once you try it, it’s something that you want to feel again and again. I mean who doesn’t want to feel pleasure, excitement, nervous and scared all at once ?!! All of us crazy people do, I don’t think there is much out there that can be all those things at the same time :)  
I will always want to go back and start again, now want and actually do are 2 different things… but I think if you loved it as much as I did… it will be as good as you will allow it to be!

I should add that’s once you feel that love again, or maybe it was or is the first time you’ve felt it… you have to think about that other person now and everything you do will effect that person as well. Makes it harder I know that much :( 

1 hour ago, Madison Taylor said:

I should add that’s once you feel that love again, or maybe it was or is the first time you’ve felt it… you have to think about that other person now and everything you do will effect that person as well. Makes it harder I know that much :( 

@Madison Taylor you’re such a beautiful soul inside and out beautiful woman!!!😘😘🥰🥰

On 1/26/2024 at 1:56 PM, CountryGentleman said:

@Lucylucyloveland  I know an awesome young lady who advertises on TOB but doesn't really participate in the forums, who's looking at retiring soon.  We've somewhat become friends and the last time we had lunch, I sensed a little concern on her part about stepping away.   Would you be willing to share your experiences with her?  If so, I'd connect the two of you in what ever way you'd like and step completely out of the way.  Feel free to DM me if you'd like.

I'd love to! Go ahead and message her info if it's ok with the mods

On 1/26/2024 at 8:18 AM, Mustang87 said:

Well, looks like I might have been the last guy to see this lovely lady before she moved on years ago. I hope seeing me wasn't the last straw to push her out the door. :( I know you are looking for the advise of the ladies her, but all I'll add is that the grass is not always greener, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and things aren't always at rosily as they might seem looking back. Whatever you decide, I hope you are happy with your decision.

You were definitely NOT the last straw! Omg you're so silly. You're an amazing person and I would be so lucky to see you again.

22 hours ago, Lucylucyloveland said:

I'd love to! Go ahead and message her info if it's ok with the mods

I just DM'd you.