eclyptic

Etiquette for meetups

17 posts in this topic

Is it expected to give above and beyond an agreed upon donation? I've read some that bring wine for GFE's. What about FBSM?

I don't know about expectations, but I always bring a few extra small gifts that I think the lady may enjoy because I want to know I appreciate them.

27 minutes ago, average1 said:

I don't know about expectations, but I always bring a few extra small gifts that I think the lady may enjoy because I want to know I appreciate them.

Sparkling water and fancy soap is always a lovely surprise! 😊 but never ever necessary! 

On 4/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, eclyptic said:

Is it expected to give above and beyond an agreed upon donation? I've read some that bring wine for GFE's. What about FBSM?

Never expected but always appreciated. If you don't know what to give.... cash is king 🤑

Many times in addition to the tip, I give a Starbucks gift card and it seems to be an appreciated token.

It gives us something to remember you, and our time together. Some give tips, and some little token. It doesn’t have to be extravagant. I had a client who used to bring me Swiss chocolate. Yummmm

My 2cents:

I always try to bring something extra...  But I choose things that don't impose a commitment on her part.  For instance I bring cut flowers instead of a live plant. 

If I'm bringing a piece of clothing or other gift I work at trying to find out her style and needs so that it's something that she'll really like instead of something that she'll feel guilty about throwing away. 

I think consumables like water, tea, kombucha, wine (only if she indicates she wants/likes alcohol), small snacks that fit with her food preferences, etc are always a good idea. 

A card with a hand-written note is always better than a plain white envelope as a receptacle for the donation. 

Finally, it's rare that I don't give her extra $$.   If you can't think of anything, extra cash is ALWAYS welcome.

Yes, cash is super king.Gifts are never expected. However, ladies will always remember acts of kindness. 🥰🥰

I always ask if I can pick a lady up anything, whether it's food, drink, or anything they are lacking. I've picked up TP, a house plant, sodas, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and wines/spirits; even meals(sometimes its hard for visiting ladies to get out and about).

I guess the main thing is..... just ask! You never know what might be asked of you.

Gentlemen who bring gifts, albeit even a small token or tip ...are always fondly remembered by most ladies. 

4 hours ago, MelindaMadison said:

Gentlemen who bring gifts, albeit even a small token or tip ...are always fondly remembered by most ladies. 

Nice to know!  Until your post, I assumed that pretty much everyone brings something extra.

17 hours ago, Steve Rogers said:

I always ask if I can pick a lady up anything, whether it's food, drink, or anything they are lacking. I've picked up TP, a house plant, sodas, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and wines/spirits; even meals(sometimes its hard for visiting ladies to get out and about).

I guess the main thing is..... just ask! You never know what might be asked of you.

Truth.  I always ask too.   One time, she asked me to pick up some "essentials".  Wouldn't have wanted to find out she was out, in the middle of...

On 4/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, eclyptic said:

Ehhh maybe not, I would ask the lady first. I do not drink, so if a new friend brought me wine....it would be wasted.  I love flowers, some ladies don't. So I would ask before you spend your money. Instead of spending your money on a gift, give her a tip. That is always appreciated! :)

Edited by Ms T DDD
Adding

I do like to be asked if I would like anything.  I love fresh berries and water 💦💦.  And sometimes an IV would be beneficial, but calling the EMT might be awkward.  It is always always the thoughtfulness that counts ❣️

25 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I do like to be asked if I would like anything.  I love fresh berries and water 💦💦.  And sometimes an IV would be beneficial, but calling the EMT might be awkward.  It is always always the thoughtfulness that counts ❣️

Intravenous Fluids and Alcohol Intoxication - REBEL EM - Emergency ...

10 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Intravenous Fluids and Alcohol Intoxication - REBEL EM - Emergency ...

Only glucose and sodium water for me!!!  

I always end up with a big bottle of Vodka  and can't drink it all by myself  ,, but I do love the person who brings it to me :P

But I will share it ...