Leyla Scott

Question for providers as well as gents.

89 posts in this topic

I need your input.

Ladies, the ones that only do CBJ: does this effect your business any? 

Gentlemen: How do you feel about providers that only do CBJ - I need your complete honesty. 

Luckily, I have not caught any oral/throat bugs in the last 2 & 1/2 years but I think it’s inevitable!  It’s very possible to contract oral anything! I know a few providers that have dealt with  and are dealing with bacteria such as gonorrhea, chlamydia & oral syphilis. Also viruses like HPV (dentists can test for it), and HSV 1 & 2 are very possible. 

PLEASE GET TESTED!!! AND OFTEN, ONCE A MONTH for both providers & gents. I WILL WARN YOU THAT THERE ARE OUTBREAKS GOING AROUND RIGHT NOW IN DENVER & METRO AREA , yes in the SW and hobby community. Some are very asymptomatic!  In fact the individuals who contracted oral STDs or vaginal or penile STDs, had no idea and were asymptotic until they were tested routinely for their monthly or quarterly testing. Denver health clinic is very discreet and insurance covers testing. Self pay is also low priced. This stuff spreads like wildfire, no one wants it!

****My OBGYN sends me database information because she knows I’m a SW but also a healthcare provider. ****  there are no HIPAA information such as names or patient identifiers but high numbers especially in the SW community. Am I a little freaked out? Yes… the numbers are very high this summer. I promised my OBGYN that I will write a forum about this just as an alert to everyone. 

STDs and their spread can be prevented if we all tested once a month! There are also home test kits available! JUST DO IT!  No one in the hobby is immune no matter who you see. STDs do not discriminate and can do a lot of damage to your reproductive tract and sometimes even cause cancer. 

Please let me know your thoughts, ladies on how it effects your business to do CBJs & gents on how it effects your hobby habits and if you will see those providers that only do CBJ. And of course I’m assuming we’re all doing CFS. ***GET ON PREP IF YOU’RE DOING BBFS*** HIV is not curable and May cost you your life if developed into AIDS. 

Thanks,

Leyla 💕

1 minute ago, sb1212 said:

Hmmm..... Sobering thoughts, Leyla.  I gravitate to bbbj and will usually not choose a companion if I know that bbbj is not available.  Not judging anyone - its just what I prefer. 

This!

A major difference between CBJ/BBBJ. It is a deciding factor for sure. HSV (Herpes) would be the major thing I were to fear contracting, but given I got a cold sore from who knows what when I was a kid, I already have the virus in my system and can't get the nasty genital version.

To answer your question more directly, it is an inherent risk I'm willing to take, given right now I've only seen one provider. But as I've stated originally, it would definitely be a discriminating factor against her if I decide to branch out. While obviously not impossible, STD/STI transmission is lower in this community because of the precautions most of you lovely ladies are willing to do.

I absolutely love the heck out of you guys for your honesty. ❣️❣️❣️ Thank you!  

More guys & ladies please! 

I prefer BBBJ....Tend to steer away from CBJ ladies.  

It doesn't bother me if a lady is CBJ or BBBJ if I really want to see her.  I get tested often since I'm in healthcare.

I prefer BBBJ and am tested regularly. I do chose the ladies I see very carefully.

2 hours ago, StudentofPassion said:

A major difference between CBJ/BBBJ. It is a deciding factor for sure. HSV (Herpes) would be the major thing I were to fear contracting, but given I got a cold sore from who knows what when I was a kid, I already have the virus in my system and can't get the nasty genital version.

To answer your question more directly, it is an inherent risk I'm willing to take, given right now I've only seen one provider. But as I've stated originally, it would definitely be a discriminating factor against her if I decide to branch out. While obviously not impossible, STD/STI transmission is lower in this community because of the precautions most of you lovely ladies are willing to do.

You can absolutely contract either one (HSV1 or HSV2) on your genitals.  99% of the population already has HSV1 which is your common cold sore around the lip. It can be transferred to the genitals if someone has an active infection on their mouth and gives you a BJ. Same with HSV2… it can be oral or genital and passed from one place to another. The fact that you’ve had HSV1, doesn’t mean that you will not get it on the genitals. Please be aware of this. 

2 hours ago, StudentofPassion said:

I got a cold sore from who knows what when I was a kid, I already have the virus in my system and can't get the nasty genital version.

Really.... 

Thanks to those of you who took the time to read and respond. The key is, getting tested regularly and by that I don’t mean once a year or once every 6 months. If you’re a regular hobbyist, I would say monthly urine analysis and quarterly full panel testing. Same for the ladies. Monthly urine analysis for the most common infections (gonorrhea and chlamydia as there are very little to no symptoms).  

I think I can say as providers I’m pretty confident that most of us do regular testing TO KEEP YOU SAFE! Guys, please help keep us healthy so we can keep doing the BBJs. Get tested! 

home test kits:  https://testkitlabs.com/

test for the most common things, gonorrhea/chlamydia. Those are the most asymptomatic STIs. DO IT ONCE A MONTH. Followed by a full panel of tests with your provider once every 3 months! 

Guys, please keep in mind that many providers hope to have children at some point. Some STIs can cause severe damage to  the reproductive tract taking that chance away! Please be conscious, aware and considerate of this! It’s a 2 way street. We protect you, please help protect us. 

Sexual health is everyone’s responsibility! 

2 hours ago, Leyla Scott said:

You can absolutely contract either one (HSV1 or HSV2) on your genitals.  99% of the population already has HSV1 which is your common cold sore around the lip. It can be transferred to the genitals if someone has an active infection on their mouth and gives you a BJ. Same with HSV2… it can be oral or genital and passed from one place to another. The fact that you’ve had HSV1, doesn’t mean that you will not get it on the genitals. Please be aware of this. 

Oh, absolutely. I didn't properly convey on what I meant and it made me look *really* dumb lol.  I meant to say you aren't really prone to reinfection from HSV-1 but you can *absolutely* get HSV-2 still. But thank you for addressing that, I don't mind being corrected.

3 hours ago, Happymon said:

Really.... 

100% but it’s good that you’re aware of it now. 

Well you officially informed (and scared) me enough to go get tested. I never thought about asymptomatic oral STD’s/STI’s cause if I have something I definitely have no idea and no symptoms. Thanks for that 😩 

There is no exact guidelines for when or how often a person should be tested. I know I have been doing this for YEARS, and never got an STD. I will not stop offering BBBJ, based on anyone's opinion. Testing quarterly, every 6 months, yearly ect. Is decided privately between a person and their doctor, based on their risk factors.

Their are STDs now that your entire body could be covered in latex, and you would still catch it. I  have reduced my client visits, because of this new STD.  The only way I can reduce my risk.

I certainly would never trust a guy, that says "I am clean, here are my test results". Most likely fake documents as usual.

So many people lately telling women what they can do with their vaginas, uterus, bodies, and yes the mouth too.

I personally support Planned Parenthood, especially now!!! No questions asked testing, and always has been. 

You guys who ask for BBFS, you might want  to think long and hard about it now! Women can't fix your bareback complications anymore. The Surpreme Court took that away.

They are also looking at restricting birth control too. Not just women's rights ripped away, but taking away a ton of men's rights for safe sex too.

Play as safely as possible, that is all you can do!! These are choices that are ultimately between the privacy of the client, and their provider. Well...until they ban sex all together...

Edited by Caressa Duval

11 hours ago, StudentofPassion said:

A major difference between CBJ/BBBJ. It is a deciding factor for sure. HSV (Herpes) would be the major thing I were to fear contracting, but given I got a cold sore from who knows what when I was a kid, I already have the virus in my system and can't get the nasty genital version

5 hours ago, Leyla Scott said:

100% but it’s good that you’re aware of it now. 

Except that is totally incorrect

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/herpes-simplex-virus#:~:text=People who already have HSV,someone infected with the virus.

9 hours ago, gr8owl said:

@gr8owl
Hahaha - and here comes the misconceptions and the damn literature from WHO with all of its misconceptions. Did you notice it says “mainly transmitted”? This means not in all cases. Read attached below. 

They can both (HSV1 & 2) colonize the oral area as well as the genital area…  neither one is specifically designed for either area. 
 They can be transferred from oral to genital and vice versa. It doesn’t matter if you have had it on the mouth before , ***you can still get outbreaks on the genitals if someone with an active infection (HSV 1 or 2, it doesn’t matter) who has it on their mouth gives you a BJ***I have been a witness to this during the time of laboratory clinical rotations and I’ll have a doctor chime in. In really bad cases, the outbreaks can even go to the anal area or body/skin. Doc we would appreciate your insight. @Phil-anderer

Most literature says that HSV1 is a mouth virus, HSV2 is a genital virus. This is a HUGE MISCONCEPTION. HSV 1 & 2 can appear in both areas, we see it all the time! You won’t know until they do a biopsy of the sores. Nothing is specific to any one area and it can be transferred from one to another ***Even if you’ve had it before*** sometimes the body will not resolve it and outbreaks will appear.  That’s why patients are given antivirals like acyclovir to reduce the outbreaks orally or genitally. 
https://www.healthline.com/health/can-hsv2-be-transmitted-orally

*** keep in mind these virus can be transferred during the time of an active infection, when there are sores present*** even though the viral particles do shed off the testicles and vaginal area, the chances of contracting are much lower when there’s no sores present! Unfortunately it can only be tested then… blood testing doesn’t give us very accurate information as we have probably all been exposed to it if we have been with multiple partners. 

NOW GO GET your quarterly testing if you haven’t yet! And monthly with home test kits urine testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia. 

10 hours ago, Caressa Duval said:

There is no exact guidelines for when or how often a person should be tested. I know I have been doing this for YEARS, and never got an STD. I will not stop offering BBBJ, based on anyone's opinion. Testing quarterly, every 6 months, yearly ect. Is decided privately between a person and their doctor, based on their risk factors.

Their are STDs now that your entire body could be covered in latex, and you would still catch it. I  have reduced my client visits, because of this new STD.  The only way I can reduce my risk.

I certainly would never trust a guy, that says "I am clean, here are my test results". Most likely fake documents as usual.

So many people lately telling women what they can do with their vaginas, uterus, bodies, and yes the mouth too.

I personally support Planned Parenthood, especially now!!! No questions asked testing, and always has been. 

You guys who ask for BBFS, you might want  to think long and hard about it now! Women can't fix your bareback complications anymore. The Surpreme Court took that away.

They are also looking at restricting birth control too. Not just women's rights ripped away, but taking away a ton of men's rights for safe sex too.

Play as safely as possible, that is all you can do!! These are choices that are ultimately between the privacy of the client, and their provider. Well...until they ban sex all together...

Yep! Agreed. I’m not going to stop BBBJs either especially when I know it will effect business, as the guys steer away from it. Right now,  I have gotten contacted by 5 different provider friends who have tested positive for either gonorrhea or chlamydia in their throat (no symptoms), and they would’ve never known if it wasn’t for their routine testing and swabbing. this is what drove me to contact my friend who is also my OB to send me her data. 

Up to you on how often you want to test, that’s your decision. The higher the risk, the more often the testing IMO. You could have it now & not know as these 2 things can be very silent. ***The only way to stop the spread is through testing.***

But, you’re right. We cannot be 100% safe, ever! 

Why do people like to argue and prove someone wrong when they’re given sane accurate information based on experience and medical data to keep us all safe? 

The hell with all you negative Nancies, who are so stubborn and just seek to prove people wrong!  should’ve known better than to write anything!  Just trying to look out for our community… 

Good lord! 🤦🏻‍♀️

17 hours ago, StudentofPassion said:

Oh, absolutely. I didn't properly convey on what I meant and it made me look *really* dumb lol.  I meant to say you aren't really prone to reinfection from HSV-1 but you can *absolutely* get HSV-2 still. But thank you for addressing that, I don't mind being corrected.

Yep 👍🏽

7 minutes ago, Leyla Scott said:

Why do people like to argue and prove someone wrong when they’re given sane accurate information based on experience and medical data to keep us all safe? 

The hell with all you negative Nancies, who are so stubborn and just seek to prove people wrong!  should’ve known better than to write anything!  Just trying to look out for our community… 

Good lord! 🤦🏻‍♀️

A main reason, among others, I hate social media in general and deleted my twitter account.

But please don't hesitate to post here based on a potential negative comment. I think most of us can see through the bs. Just keep being you!

9 minutes ago, joedoe6850 said:

A main reason, among others, I hate social media in general and deleted my twitter account.

But please don't hesitate to post here based on a potential negative comment. I think most of us can see through the bs. Just keep being you!

Thank you! Yeah I won’t let Karens and negative Nancies stop me. 🤣 and yes, they’re just making a fool of themselves because it’s purely internal issues! 

@StudentofPassion

it made me look *really* dumb”

No, not at all… don’t say that. I think there are general misconceptions out there and there’s not a 100% rule for anything. Doctors will tell you that too!  All we can do like miss Caressa @Caressa Duval mentioned is to protect ourselves as best as we can. 

37 minutes ago, Leyla Scott said:

Good lord! 🤦🏻‍♀️

If this refers to my comment, sorry but I will correct erroneous information when I see it.  If that is being negative, so be it.  The point was that the comment from Studentofpassion that since he had cold sores as a youth and that therefore he was somehow immune from getting the HSV-2 genital herpes was totally false and could mislead people into bad decisions.  Then someone rightfully questioned that statement with "really ...."  and you chimed in apparently in support of the incorrect statement.  While we are at it, everyone should be aware that the urine tests have a significant degree of false positives.  If you get a positive urine test result follow up with a swab test before freaking out.

Just now, Leyla Scott said:

@Caressa Duval The latex suit idea though 😂🤣  how about a space suit with holes for access? 

Hahahaha, they still need to wear a condom for the bottom 2 holes 😂

Leyla, I appreciate the PSA, and friendly reminder. I think it’s inherent that we be honest and astute with our healthcare providers (now more than ever). I am well aware of the risks we are taking. Testing is part of my routine. When I say, “I have a dentist appt”, it’s not always for dental work.😉 

I don’t like how rubber stretches out my lips, and dries them out. I also do not like the taste of rubber (especially Magnums).🤮 I do respect and comply with those who do request cbj.(yes they do exist)  I also respect ladies preferences. There is no right or wrong answer, only what is right for YOU. I personally DO NOT know of any providers contracting the boogies. Maybe I’m just too busy with classes or not in the affected cliques. Play safe and have fun.

2 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

If this refers to my comment, sorry but I will correct erroneous information when I see it.  If that is being negative, so be it.  The point was that the comment from Studentofpassion that since he had cold sores as a youth and that therefore he was somehow immune from getting the HSV-2 genital herpes was totally false and could mislead people into bad decisions.  Then someone rightfully questioned that statement with "really ...."  and you chimed in apparently in support of the incorrect statement.  While we are at it, everyone should be aware that the urine tests have a significant degree of false positives.  If you get a positive urine test result follow up with a swab test before freaking out.

Nope go read again. I chimed in correcting his statement  and telling him that he is NOT immune to HSV 1 or 2 on the genitals… what you’re saying about my statement to him makes zero sense! He corrected himself later and understands that. Yes urine tests * can have false positives (not a significant degree as you put it), and it depends on make or female AND swab tests are best for rna testing. If there’s a positive, chances are your doctor will do further testing anyway!  Or prescribe antibiotics. 

and you chimed in apparently in support of the incorrect statement” :

maybe I misunderstood his meaning, but I think I was trying to tell him what you were telling him… that he’s NOT immune to it in the genitals at all, with either strain. 

I would never advise someone otherwise! 🤦🏻‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Leyla, I appreciate the PSA, and friendly reminder. I think it’s inherent that we be honest and astute with our healthcare providers (now more than ever). I am well aware of the risks we are taking. Testing is part of my routine. When I say, “I have a dentist appt”, it’s not always for dental work.😉 

I don’t like how rubber stretches out my lips, and dries them out. I also do not like the taste of rubber (especially Magnums).🤮 I do respect and comply with those who do request cbj.(yes they do exist)  I also respect ladies preferences. There is no right or wrong answer, only what is right for YOU. I personally DO NOT know of any providers contracting the boogies. Maybe I’m just too busy with classes or not in the affected cliques. Play safe and have fun.

You’re right. Ugh rubber tastes so bad! 🤢 skyn are the best! 

😘😘😘 love ya!  What classes are you in? We need a crazy girls night again.