Caressa Duval

Texas Elementary School Shooting

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Gee a whole platoon of straw men.  …

If a list of ‘reasonable’ restrictions on other Constitutional rights are ‘straw men’ for you, so be it.

Fifty five years ago I took an oath to “…support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; …”.  My moral compass, unlike some politicians (both L & R), does not allow me to pick and chose which parts of the Constitution I support; it’s all or nothing.  The 9th and 16th amendments are just as important as the 1st and 2nd.  Yes, I am passionate about that oath and our Constitution.  The Constitution established and continues to define this unique country of ours.

Gee a whole platoon of straw men.  Courts have ruled on multiple occasions that laws restricting possession or ownership with a logical nexus to public safety are allowed.  That is how you get requirements for concealed carry permits, no guns for those convicted of domestic violence, no guns for convicted felon, etc. plus red flag laws and background checks.  Do you even know what infringed means??  That the right will not "be broken" - in other words done away with.  It does NOT mean it cannot be regulated.  The kangaroo supreme court we presently have may side with your position that it means anyone, anytime without restriction is guaranteed the right to have any damn weapon they want.  If a court were to so rule, then hell yes, time to repeal the whole damn thing and replace it with something that is not nonsense.

No kidding.  Thanks Captain Obvious.

Gee a whole platoon of straw men.  Courts have ruled on multiple occasions that laws restricting possession or ownership with a logical nexus to public safety are allowed.  That is how you get requirements for concealed carry permits, no guns for those convicted of domestic violence, no guns for convicted felon, etc. plus red flag laws and background checks.  Do you even know what infringed means??  That the right will not "be broken" - in other words done away with.  It does NOT mean it cannot be regulated.  The kangaroo supreme court we presently have may side with your position that it means anyone, anytime without restriction is guaranteed the right to have any damn weapon they want.  If a court were to so rule, then hell yes, time to repeal the whole damn thing and replace it with something that is not nonsense.

Kangaroo court??? These judges are interpreting the law according to our constitution. I guess you have your panties in a wad because Merrick Garland didn't get confirmed.  The same guy Biden appointed as Attorney General and who just recently sent a letter to the DOJ recommending parents who objected to the curriculum being taught in there schools as domestic terrorists. Are you fucking kidding me. They were objecting to gender training and all sorts of off the wall stuff that parents should control over. If they tried to do that when my kids were that age I would probably be in jail now. Unbelievable!!!

1 hour ago, Newoldbull said:

Kangaroo court??? These judges are interpreting the law according to our constitution. I guess you have your panties in a wad because Merrick Garland didn't get confirmed.  The same guy Biden appointed as Attorney General and who just recently sent a letter to the DOJ recommending parents who objected to the curriculum being taught in there schools as domestic terrorists. Are you fucking kidding me. They were objecting to gender training and all sorts of off the wall stuff that parents should control over. If they tried to do that when my kids were that age I would probably be in jail now. Unbelievable!!!

Only thing I care to hear is how to stop school shootings.  You wish to rant your usual rant point it elsewhere. 

You were partially on the right track with identifying people who need intervention before they shoot people.  But then you said no restrictions.  So curious, do you support so called red flag laws or similar regulations that would keep guns out of the hands of clearly troubled or just evil individuals?  And if not, what good does it do to identify them?  One way or another this shit has to stop.  Both "sides" sticking to "my way or the highway" won't do a bit of good.

17 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Only thing I care to hear is how to stop school shootings.  You wish to rant your usual rant point it elsewhere. 

You were partially on the right track with identifying people who need intervention before they shoot people.  But then you said no restrictions.  So curious, do you support so called red flag laws or similar regulations that would keep guns out of the hands of clearly troubled or just evil individuals?  And if not, what good does it do to identify them?  One way or another this shit has to stop.  Both "sides" sticking to "my way or the highway" won't do a bit of good.

4 hours ago, gr8owl said:

48 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I don't think I ever said that we shouldn't have restrictions on gun ownership. But I think everybody has dropped the ball on identifying people that are having serious problems and just waiting until it's too late. Time after time people talk about bizarre behavior from these people and they just blow it off thinking it won't amount to anything. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all this evil go away. I'm really surprised  that we actually agreed on something. There is hope for both of us. Lol

Interesting that there haven't been many shootings at airport terminals.  The last one was in 2017 and the shooter went through some complications in order to get his gun past security.  So why can't those security protocols be duplicated at schools? 

1 hour ago, Milos Vesely said:

Interesting that there haven't been many shootings at airport terminals.  The last one was in 2017 and the shooter went through some complications in order to get his gun past security.  So why can't those security protocols be duplicated at schools? 

Besides being target rich environments, ‘gun free zones’ create other problems  I recently stayed at a ‘gun free’ hotel in TX.  My truck was broken into and ransacked.  Both the hotel clerk & police said that they were probably looking for guns. The clerk also mentioned that it happened several times each month.  (No, I did not have any in my truck.)

22 hours ago, average1 said:

I am at a loss for words.  Sad....just sad.  We are the only western industrialized country with mass shootings on a scale like thisMore than one mass shooting per day in 2022.  Violence is not the answer.  I am sick of meaningless "Thoughts and prayers."

I can't agree more. Thoughts and prayers do nothing!  " Today is Day 145 of the year, and the country has already experienced 213 mass shootings so far. Two hundred and thirteen such attacks in 21 weeks. This averages out to about 10 a week. "We are the only western industrialized country with mass shootings on a scale like this"

15 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/15/1099008586/mass-shootings-us-2022-tally-number
Over 200 in the US this year and it’s not even half over. Do you really think we have more mentally ill people than the rest of the civilized world? Nope, but we do have more guns.

@MrReindeer-9515 this is a good article if any of these hot heads took the time to read it. "Such shootings are an American phenomenon" this is a  USA problem! Yes, they have occurred  elsewhere, but few and far between. I do feel we have a HIGHER AMOUNT OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE THAT ARE UNTREATED. The medical system in the USA has long been in crisis!! Our medical care is actually deadly, killing hundreds of thousand a year.  Mental health care falls far behind in being a priority in the USA. Too many still don't understand  mental illness is a disease, just like cancer.

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU! SOME OF YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!! My gun, my rights, my penis, me, me, me, me, me. You can't even shut up long enough, and pay your respects to the 19 babies that were brutally murdered!!!

People saying they would sacrifice their own offspring for the future generations unbelievable!! Would you cut off your cock to keep your gun too????

I don't know where you GUYS get off!!! That is another thing!!! Mass shooters are 99.9% MEN.  The men in this country want to control everything, and everyone right down to telling women what to do with their uterus!!! It is a okay to tell a woman what to do with her body, but we can't have gun control!!

I hope I get to see the world when all these dinosaurs, with their archaic mentality, become extinct! Allowing for a kinder humanity with compassion to exist!

"Live Long and Prosper" is a part of that too. NONE of these children will live another day! None of the mass shooting victims will live another day, and who killed most of them? US Citizens that are white men!!!

Not ONE thing has to change, many things have to change in this country and fast or more people will die. It will never change if we can't find a middle ground, and both sides make compromises for the greater good of humanity. 

Again please show some respect for the 21 needlessly dead and stop making this about you!!!!!!!

On 5/24/2022 at 5:53 PM, BadBoy said:

I think it's really admirable that so many children give their lives to protect the unlimited and unrestricted right to bear arms.

I really don't think that any of these kids read the fine print on the volunteer form. JMHO

We as a nation don't care. Nothing new here. But thoughts and prayers to all of course. And for those that'll be shot up tomorrow - thoughts and prayers.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:42 AM, Caressa Duval said:

We are shooting our future generations dead in their classrooms. We should fear how many generations, bright minds we destroying. I do not see any good people getting punished, only a blood bath of dead innocent little ones. The Tyranny that I see ("cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary use of power or control")  are the people with guns killing children in a cruel and unreasonable way.

Why don't you go look at a photo of your granddaughter when she was 8 years old, and look at a gun. Go right ahead and tell yourself. I would rather see my granddaughter die at 8 years old, than someone take away my right to hold this gun.

Everyone should look at the angelic faces of these beautiful innocent boys and girls! Look at their faces and read their names. They were real children,  not just a number count in yet another gun massacre. These little ones had hopes and futures. Their last minutes were of unimaginable fear and pain. NO CHILD should ever have to endure!! There surviving families lives destroyed forever!!

The faces of the victims all so beautiful :(

https://nypost.com/2022/05/25/texas-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-the-victims/

Not to mention sucking them out of the womb.  What is more deadly to kids, guns or abortion vacuums?

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Not to mention sucking them out of the womb.  What is more deadly to kids, guns or abortion vacuums?

Then MEN should have vasectomies, wear condoms, stop sexually assaulting women and girls!!!! Again!!! Men have a responsibility in birth control too!!!!! Just like MEN have a responsibility in gun control!!! Again, it is MEN that do all these mass shootings!!!

Edited by Caressa Duval

On 5/25/2022 at 4:45 PM, Newoldbull said:

I

So I'd like to hear your solution. You don't seem to think trying to prevent some of this insanity from happening by trying to head it off before it happens is a good idea.  I think there are some restrictions that make sense like convicted felons prohibited from buying a gun. If you've been diagnosed with a mental health condition that makes you a danger to yourself or society you shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm. But taking away law abiding  citizens right to own guns is heading down a path that we don't want to go.                                         

I’m not sure this is the time to argue our political views. This is so incredibly sad. We all have our opinions about where we go from here, and what should happen. Drugs are illegal, but there is still a black market, Cartels etc. Our values as a society have changed. We didn’t have these problems, when I grew up. I got spankings as opposed to time outs. I’m not really sure what is the solution. I can only keep our nation and these families in my prayers. This is absolutely devastating, and I can not fathom the hurt and pain that these families face.😢 Bless all of you no matter your thoughts.

2 hours ago, mustang said:

Even if one assumes the comparison is remotely appropriate (it isn't) then why is it (I am guessing) you are in favor of banning abortion completely while protecting guns without even restriction.  The logic escapes me, as does why bring it up in immediate aftermath of the horrible travesty in Texas.

3 hours ago, mustang said:

Clearly guns. Abortion vacuums have never killed a kid.

Thurston High School.
Columbine High School.
Heritage High School.
Deming Middle School.
Fort Gibson Middle School.
Buell Elementary School.
Lake Worth Middle School.
University of Arkansas.
Junipero Serra High School.
Santana High School.
Bishop Neumann High School.
Pacific Lutheran University.
Granite Hills High School.
Lew Wallace High School.
Martin Luther King, Jr. High School.
Appalachian School of Law.
Washington High School.
Conception Abbey.
Benjamin Tasker Middle School.
University of Arizona.
Lincoln High School.
John McDonogh High School.
Red Lion Area Junior High School.
Case Western Reserve University.
Rocori High School.
Ballou High School.
Randallstown High School.
Bowen High School.
Red Lake Senior High School.
Harlan Community Academy High School.
Campbell County High School.
Milwee Middle School.
Roseburg High School.
Pine Middle School.
Essex Elementary School.
Duquesne University.
Platte Canyon High School.
Weston High School.
West Nickel Mines School.
Joplin Memorial Middle School.
Henry Foss High School.
Compton Centennial High School.
Virginia Tech.
Success Tech Academy.
Miami Carol City Senior High School.
Hamilton High School.
Louisiana Technical College.
Mitchell High School.
E.O. Green Junior High School.
Northern Illinois University.
Lakota Middle School.
Knoxville Central High School.
Willoughby South High School.
Henry Ford High School.
University of Central Arkansas.
Dillard High School.
Dunbar High School.
Hampton University.
Harvard College.
Larose-Cut Off Middle School.
International Studies Academy.
Skyline College.
Discovery Middle School.
University of Alabama.
DeKalb School.
Deer Creek Middle School.
Ohio State University.
Mumford High School.
University of Texas.
Kelly Elementary School.
Marinette High School.
Aurora Central High School.
Millard South High School.
Martinsville West Middle School.
Worthing High School.
Millard South High School.
Highlands Intermediate School.
Cape Fear High School.
Chardon High School.
Episcopal School of Jacksonville.
Oikos University.
Hamilton High School.
Perry Hall School.
Normal Community High School.
University of South Alabama.
Banner Academy South.
University of Southern California.
Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Apostolic Revival Center Christian School.
Taft Union High School.
Osborn High School.
Stevens Institute of Business and Arts.
Hazard Community and Technical College.
Chicago State University.
Lone Star College-North.
Cesar Chavez High School.
Price Middle School.
University of Central Florida.
New River Community College.
Grambling State University.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School.
Ronald E. McNair Discovery Academy.
North Panola High School.
Carver High School.
Agape Christian Academy.
Sparks Middle School.
North Carolina A&T State University.
Stephenson High School.
Brashear High School.
West Orange High School.
Arapahoe High School.
Edison High School.
Liberty Technology Magnet High School.
Hillhouse High School.
Berrendo Middle School.
Purdue University.
South Carolina State University.
Los Angeles Valley College.
Charles F. Brush High School.
University of Southern California.
Georgia Regents University.
Academy of Knowledge Preschool.
Benjamin Banneker High School.
D. H. Conley High School.
East English Village Preparatory Academy.
Paine College.
Georgia Gwinnett College.
John F. Kennedy High School.
Seattle Pacific University.
Reynolds High School.
Indiana State University.
Albemarle High School.
Fern Creek Traditional High School.
Langston Hughes High School.
Marysville Pilchuck High School.
Florida State University.
Miami Carol City High School.
Rogers State University.
Rosemary Anderson High School.
Wisconsin Lutheran High School.
Frederick High School.
Tenaya Middle School.
Bethune-Cookman University.
Pershing Elementary School.
Wayne Community College.
J.B. Martin Middle School.
Southwestern Classical Academy.
Savannah State University.
Harrisburg High School.
Umpqua Community College.
Northern Arizona University.
Texas Southern University.
Tennessee State University.
Winston-Salem State University.
Mojave High School.
Lawrence Central High School.
Franklin High School.
Muskegon Heights High School.
Independence High School.
Madison High School.
Antigo High School.
University of California-Los Angeles.
Jeremiah Burke High School.
Alpine High School.
Townville Elementary School.
Vigor High School.
Linden McKinley STEM Academy.
June Jordan High School for Equity.
Union Middle School.
Mueller Park Junior High School.
West Liberty-Salem High School.
University of Washington.
King City High School.
North Park Elementary School.
North Lake College.
Freeman High School.
Mattoon High School.
Rancho Tehama Elementary School.
Aztec High School.
Wake Forest University.
Italy High School.
NET Charter High School.
Marshall County High School.
Sal Castro Middle School.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Great Mills High School
Central Michigan University
Huffman High School
Frederick Douglass High School
Forest High School
Highland High School
Dixon High School
Santa Fe High School
Noblesville West Middle School
University of North Carolina Charlotte
STEM School Highlands Ranch
Edgewood High School
Palm Beach Central High School
Providence Career & Technical Academy
Fairley High School (school bus)
Canyon Springs High School
Dennis Intermediate School
Florida International University
Central Elementary School
Cascade Middle School
Davidson High School
Prairie View A & M University
Altascocita High School
Central Academy of Excellence
Cleveland High School
Robert E. Lee High School
Cheyenne South High School
Grambling State University
Blountsville Elementary School
Holmes County, Mississippi (school bus)
Prescott High School
College of the Mainland
Wynbrooke Elementary School
UNC Charlotte
Riverview Florida (school bus)
Second Chance High School
Carman-Ainsworth High School
Williwaw Elementary School
Monroe Clark Middle School
Central Catholic High School
Jeanette High School
Eastern Hills High School
DeAnza High School
Ridgway High School
Reginald F. Lewis High School
Saugus High School
Pleasantville High School
Waukesha South High School
Oshkosh High School
Catholic Academy of New Haven
Bellaire High School
North Crowley High School
McAuliffe Elementary School
South Oak Cliff High School
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Sonora High School
Western Illinois University
Oxford High School
Robb Elementary School

On 5/26/2022 at 8:59 AM, Caressa Duval said:

I can't agree more. Thoughts and prayers do nothing!  " Today is Day 145 of the year, and the country has already experienced 213 mass shootings so far. Two hundred and thirteen such attacks in 21 weeks. This averages out to about 10 a week. "We are the only western industrialized country with mass shootings on a scale like this"

@MrReindeer-9515 this is a good article if any of these hot heads took the time to read it. "Such shootings are an American phenomenon" this is a  USA problem! Yes, they have occurred  elsewhere, but few and far between. I do feel we have a HIGHER AMOUNT OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE THAT ARE UNTREATED. The medical system in the USA has long been in crisis!! Our medical care is actually deadly, killing hundreds of thousand a year.  Mental health care falls far behind in being a priority in the USA. Too many still don't understand  mental illness is a disease, just like cancer.

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU! SOME OF YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!! My gun, my rights, my penis, me, me, me, me, me. You can't even shut up long enough, and pay your respects to the 19 babies that were brutally murdered!!!

People saying they would sacrifice their own offspring for the future generations unbelievable!! Would you cut off your cock to keep your gun too????

I don't know where you GUYS get off!!! That is another thing!!! Mass shooters are 99.9% MEN.  The men in this country want to control everything, and everyone right down to telling women what to do with their uterus!!! It is a okay to tell a woman what to do with her body, but we can't have gun control!!

I hope I get to see the world when all these dinosaurs, with their archaic mentality, become extinct! Allowing for a kinder humanity with compassion to exist!

"Live Long and Prosper" is a part of that too. NONE of these children will live another day! None of the mass shooting victims will live another day, and who killed most of them? US Citizens that are white men!!!

Not ONE thing has to change, many things have to change in this country and fast or more people will die. It will never change if we can't find a middle ground, and both sides make compromises for the greater good of humanity. 

Again please show some respect for the 21 needlessly dead and stop making this about you!!!!!!!

Caressa! I would like to make it clear anybody who didn't have sympathy for this horrific event would be a heartless SOB! I can not even imagine what these parents and family are going through. I don't know what the solution is but I think more attention to mental health and picking up on red flags to stop of this insanity would help alot. Single parent family's with  young kids with no father is contributing to the problem. How many of these young girls are getting pregnant and the father skips town. You are also right that we as males are just as responsible as you ladies are on this. This is a very complicated subject but my heart is with these families.

I always wonder where all these responsible gun owners are, when these mass shooting happen. They are probably humping their guns on the look out for a tyrannical government move while innocent children are murdered in cold blood.

As said before, this is a USA problem. What do we have here that other countries don’t ? - a stupid law from the 1800’s that gives all citizens the right to bear arms, including Assault Rifles, to counteract a tyrannical government.

How many times have we, as citizens, have the need to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government since then? And how many innocent lives have been lost just year to date, as a result of these mass shootings? 

We cannot even discuss responsible gun ownership when we are not even upholding the responsibility of keeping our children alive. 

Battle of Athens, TN 

The last major issue of citizens rebelling against the tyranny of the Federal government occurred in the 1860’s.

But more recently you might consider the Battle of Athens, 1946.

(*) Sorry but posting software insists on placing the link at the beginning of this post.

Note: The “insurrectionists” of Jan 6, 2021 were NOT armed.

Edited by Bit Banger

1 hour ago, Todoesprivado said:
1 hour ago, Todoesprivado said:

I always wonder where all these responsible gun owners are, when these mass shooting happen. They are probably humping their guns on the look out for a tyrannical government move while innocent children are murdered in cold blood.

As said before, this is a USA problem. What do we have here that other countries don’t ? - a stupid law from the 1800’s that gives all citizens the right to bear arms, including Assault Rifles, to counteract a tyrannical government.

How many times have we, as citizens, have the need to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government since then? And how many innocent lives have been lost just year to date, as a result of these mass shootings? 

We cannot even discuss responsible gun ownership when we are not even upholding the responsibility of keeping our children alive. 

Yes, where were they all. All I have been seeing is armed police standing outside drinking Gatorade and chatting. All the while... terrified students were being shot, bleeding to death, and a few little ones repeatedly called 911 from  the class room floor SEVERAL times begging for help for an hour!!! All these responsible gun owners, and a bunch of them it was there job!!! They were apparently deaf too, unable to hear an AR-15 being fired, but maybe their conversation outside was much more interesting . So horrifying for those little ones :(

Edited by Caressa Duval

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

So instead of grabbing his trusty AR-15 he grabbed a legitimate hunting weapon, a shotgun, and rushed into action.  Good point Bit, thanks.

You do know that the NY Post will rot your brain, right?

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Battle of Athens, TN 

The last major issue of citizens rebelling against the tyranny of the Federal government occurred in the 1860’s.

So the confederates were rebelling against the tyranny of perhaps not being able to own other human beings?  If that is the best argument you have for no restrictions on second amendment your case is even flimsier than I thought.

31 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

So the confederates were rebelling against the tyranny of perhaps not being able to own other human beings?  If that is the best argument you have for no restrictions on second amendment your case is even flimsier than I thought.

Actually they were rebelling for States Rights, as promised in the 10th Amendment, and against the destruction of their economy.  The North had slaves too, they just kept them in tenements and company towns instead of shacks.  To say that the War Between the States was about slavery is a simplistic view of a complex problem.

21 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Actually they were rebelling for States Rights, as promised in the 10th Amendment, and against the destruction of their economy.  The North had slaves too, they just kept them in tenements and company towns instead of shacks.  To say that the War Between the States was about slavery is a simplistic view of a complex problem.

A fairly popular myth used to try to justify the just purity of the great southern lost cause.  And total bs.  At least 11 states specifically named slavery in their declaration of secession as the primary cause.  History can be soooo inconvenient at times, especially when written down.  And it was only four states that remained in the union that allowed slavery prior to civil war, but chose to remain in the union in spite of the fact they knew they would have to give it up.  Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky and Missouri.  All an interesting historical discussion but has NOTHING to do with whether to control/ban AR -15 style weapons.  But keep trying.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/reasons-secession

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

A fairly popular myth used to try to justify the just purity of the great southern lost cause.  And total bs.  At least 11 states specifically named slavery in their declaration of secession as the primary cause.  History can be soooo inconvenient at times, especially when written down.  And it was only four states that remained in the union that allowed slavery prior to civil war, but chose to remain in the union in spite of the fact they knew they would have to give it up.  Maryland, Delaware, Kentucky and Missouri.  All an interesting historical discussion but has NOTHING to do with whether to control/ban AR -15 style weapons.  But keep trying.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/reasons-secession

Yes, abolition of slavery was the specific grievance listed.

Will you deny that abolition was a direct blow to the economy of the South?

Will you deny that Federal abolition infringed on States rights, in contradiction to the 10th Amendment?

Will you deny that abolition was a confiscation of valuable ‘property’ (as defined by the laws of that time)?

As I said, a simple view of a complex set of problems.

An analogy might be if the Federal government outlawed ALL internal combustion engines.  How would you expect the citizens to react?

Edited by Bit Banger

54 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes, abolition of slavery was the specific grievance listed.

1. Will you deny that abolition was a direct blow to the economy of the South?

2.Will you deny that Federal abolition infringed on States rights, in contradiction to the 10th Amendment?

3.Will you deny that abolition was a confiscation of valuable ‘property’ (as defined by the laws of that time)?

As I said, a simple view of a complex set of problems.

An analogy might be if the Federal government outlawed ALL internal combustion engines.  How would you expect the citizens to react?

1.  Of course losing the nearly free slave labor for a labor-intensive economy built around enslavement of others was a blow to the economy.  Tough shit.  No one has a right own another human.  They already had a couple hundred years of misbegotten gains and wealth.  It was past time for that to end.

2. Yes, totally deny.  Founding documents of the union were absolutely clear there were inalienable rights including liberty.  The states already abdicated that set of rights to the feds by approving the constitution to begin with. 

3. Yes, deny.  See 1 and 2.  No one has the right to own another human being, which was the only "property" being taken from the them.  Again 200 hundred years of misbegotten gains and wealth, so who legitimately owed who?  At a minimum 75 or so years from adoption of the constitution forward.

And in better answer to all three, perhaps you are familiar with:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

and btw:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

note the Insure domestic tranquility part

Edited by gr8owl

It’s ironic that we should be debating the causes of the Civil War on this holiday, founded by mothers and widows to decorate the graves of their Civil War dead.

May they and all who have died for our great country Rest In Peace.🇺🇸