Mustang87

I Got Scammed

76 posts in this topic

I heard through the TOB grapevine that a certain young lady was coming to town, https://theotherboard.com/users/115812, I'd seen her traveling partner,https://theotherboard.com/users/131618 a number of times in the past and wanted to see the two together.  A week ago today I reached out to Winter Kay via the email address on the site she has been using for years.  She responded quickly and we scheduled an appointment for the 3 of us for this morning. She mentioned to me, as it says on her site, that she offers a discount if you pay ahead of time. "With me traveling and blocking off that amount of time just for you , I am sure you understand this requirement."  Because of her great reputation, and because I had seen her partner in the past, I went ahead and prepaid.  She thanked me for making the payment, we finalized the appointment and we went ahead chatting via that email until Friday.  Yesterday I emailed to confirm the appointment, I got a message back many hours later that they were traveling and were dealing with a lot of craziness due to winter storms. I've not heard anything since and the appointment time has come and gone. She has my email and my cell number. Her website says she is currently in Colorado Springs, heading to Denver later this week.  I've been holding out hope that maybe they did get delayed and she will reach out to me with a perfectly plausible explanation, but that is starting to seen awfully unlikely. Just found out that both of their hobby numbers have been disconnectd. I'm also open to the possibility that someone has hacked her email and that Winter has no knowledge of this, but I've reached out to both via TOB today and have not gotten a response from either. If anyone is considering booking with these two, I suggest you proceed with caution, because I'm pretty sure I just got scammed. 

Edited by Mustang87

Oh man. Winter and Kay, I hope you ladies are Okay!  This post has me worried about the girls.  🙏🙏🙏

Mustang, sorry your plans got messed up.  Hopefully you'll get your money back and everything works out somehow some way.  🙏🙏🙏

Unfortunately I was also on the receiving end of this as well. Everything seemed legit and based on my reviews have seen Winter multiple times so I had no reservations and it seemed to be her. Same result as Mustang. What a bummer. I hope whoever is doing this is stopped. Lesson learned. 

5 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I heard through the TOB grapevine that a certain young lady was coming to town, https://theotherboard.com/users/115812, I'd seen her traveling partner,https://theotherboard.com/users/131618 a number of times in the past and wanted to see the two together.  A week ago today I reached out to Winter Kay via the email address on the site she has been using for years.  She responded quickly and we scheduled an appointment for the 3 of us for this morning. She mentioned to me, as it says on her site, that she offers a discount if you pay ahead of time. "With me traveling and blocking off that amount of time just for you , I am sure you understand this requirement."  Because of her great reputation, and because I had seen her partner in the past, I went ahead and prepaid.  She thanked me for making the payment, we finalized the appointment and we went ahead chatting via that email until Friday.  Yesterday I emailed to confirm the appointment, I got a message back many hours later that they were traveling and were dealing with a lot of craziness due to winter storms. I've not heard anything since and the appointment time has come and gone. She has my email and my cell number. Her website says she is currently in Colorado Springs, heading to Denver later this week.  I've been holding out hope that maybe they did get delayed and she will reach out to me with a perfectly plausible explanation, but that is starting to seen awfully unlikely. Just found out that both of their hobby numbers have been disconnectd. I'm also open to the possibility that someone has hacked her email and that Winter has no knowledge of this, but I've reached out to both via TOB today and have not gotten a response from either. If anyone is considering booking with these two, I suggest you proceed with caution, because I'm pretty sure I just got scammed. 

Have you received an explanation or refund yet????

looks like someone has hacked Winter's email/account.  I have read about several people who got scammed the same way in a forum discussion of a different reputable board a while back.  Sad that this is still happening to a reputable provider and ruins her credibility.

9 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

M87 I am sorry that this situation has happened to you and hopefully, its all a miscommunication/travel era. I would give it some time and see how things pan out. TOB is not known for this type of behavior, so I am pulling for it all to be resolved and all parties to be satisfied in one way or the other. Good luck

7 hours ago, addicted76 said:

Unfortunately I was also on the receiving end of this as well. Everything seemed legit and based on my reviews have seen Winter multiple times so I had no reservations and it seemed to be her. Same result as Mustang. What a bummer. I hope whoever is doing this is stopped. Lesson learned. 

Addicted, the same goes for you. I am sorry that this has happened to you, hopefully it was a miscommunication/travel era and all parties can be satisfied in some way. Good luck..........

12 hours ago, mustang said:

Have you received an explanation or refund yet????

No. And if I thought there was any chance I would I wouldn't have made this post. I certainly hope that nothing bad has happened to those two ladies, but this is not a miscommunication or a case of schedules not lining up. This is a sophisticated scam be run through their email and web site. Looking back it is as clear as the nose on my face and I think people need to know about it.

8 hours ago, Savoir Faire said:

M87 I am sorry that this situation has happened to you and hopefully, its all a miscommunication/travel era. I would give it some time and see how things pan out. TOB is not known for this type of behavior, so I am pulling for it all to be resolved and all parties to be satisfied in one way or the other. Good luck

I held out some hope that that might have been the case, but I sent polite inquiries to all of their forms of contact, emails, texts, DMs, etc, just asking if they were still coming to Colorado and if we could reschedule, no response. Phone numbers have been disconnected, email comes back as undeliverable and DMs don't get read. I'd be happy to eat chow and apologize from the roof tops if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

49 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

No. And if I thought there was any chance I would I wouldn't have made this post. I certainly hope that nothing bad has happened to those two ladies, but this is not a miscommunication or a case of schedules not lining up. This is a sophisticated scam be run through their email and web site. Looking back it is as clear as the nose on my face and I think people need to know about it.

First off, sorry to hear about those of you that got scammed here. That's horrible. 

In regards to the ladies, I think Kat retired over the summer last year.  I was getting ready to book a duo with those two lovely ladies and all of a sudden winter dropped Kat from the website and all Kats info went private/hidden.   I assumed that it was her retiring and moving on. Winter was still posting not that long ago so it kinda looks like she got hacked or something here but who the heck knows....anyway like you said, hope they're both ok.  

I am on a couple other sites similar to tob and after some pointed research it seems Mustang 87s' experience is NOT a fluke.

36 minutes ago, mustang said:

I am on a couple other sites similar to tob and after some pointed research it seems Mustang 87s' experience is NOT a fluke.

Can you post a link? 

I am very sorry Mustang87, addicted and anyone else that got burned by this scam.  Re: other comments, no, it is NOT the first time a retired or inactive account/identity has been stolen or attempted to be.  Has happened more than once in the past.  Sometimes it is pics and name only with a totally new phone number and/or email.  It is imperative to always check that detail when a known lady reappears after a long absence.  If contact info does not match I am VERY skeptical.  Sounds like that was not entirely the case here, almost requiring someone to have hacked an account be it here or elsewhere.  I strongly suggest that TOB consider allowing an "inactive" status for ladies that "retire" but think they may return in the future and/or are just taking a break, and that ladies consider using the inactive status.  Similar to p411.  It would help stop some of this nonsense. And help stop scammers from ruining the outstanding reputation of inactive providers - these two certainly have exactly that - outstanding reputations making it hard to believe it is anything other than a scammer using their info. If anyone does know how to contact the real Kat and Winter it would certainly useful to hear from them as to their status and what is going on.  Always research thoroughly and be safe out there.

Thanks for sharing, Mustang87. No offense but, for gents the moral of the story is clear, a fool and his money are soon parted and, #cashisking

Thanks for all the updates.  Thanks for all the members speaking to these ladies reputations.  

I'm so sorry to everyone who got scammed by these hackers. @Mustang87 thanks for sharing your experience here to prevent others from experiencing the same thing. 

The ladies learned about this spoofing thing awhile back. Provider and clients identities can and have been hacked and used for all kids of fucked up stuff. So be aware. 

@gr8owl That is a great idea.  Another idea until then would be to put it somewhere in our profile. Member title maybe? Idk the ladies would have to figure it out.  That's probably what I would do.  

4 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

I held out some hope that that might have been the case, but I sent polite inquiries to all of their forms of contact, emails, texts, DMs, etc, just asking if they were still coming to Colorado and if we could reschedule, no response. Phone numbers have been disconnected, email comes back as undeliverable and DMs don't get read. I'd be happy to eat chow and apologize from the roof tops if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

M87 I hear about this behavior happening quite often but this is a first from TOB. Please keep us posted on the outcome, I for one am rooting for you to get your DEPOSIT back....................

1 minute ago, mustang said:

There is a simpler way.

I sure hope so! I’ve decided I’m going to stick with who and what I know and hope that they are who I think they are. Geeez

Guys, I'm am so sorry you have been scammed. Wish I could offer some help to remedy the situation, but I'm afraid all I have is my condolences.

Thank you for letting everyone know about what is happening.

5 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I am very sorry Mustang87, addicted and anyone else that got burned by this scam.  Re: other comments, no, it is NOT the first time a retired or inactive account/identity has been stolen or attempted to be.  Has happened more than once in the past.  Sometimes it is pics and name only with a totally new phone number and/or email.  It is imperative to always check that detail when a known lady reappears after a long absence.  If contact info does not match I am VERY skeptical.  Sounds like that was not entirely the case here, almost requiring someone to have hacked an account be it here or elsewhere.  I strongly suggest that TOB consider allowing an "inactive" status for ladies that "retire" but think they may return in the future and/or are just taking a break, and that ladies consider using the inactive status.  Similar to p411.  It would help stop some of this nonsense. And help stop scammers from ruining the outstanding reputation of inactive providers - these two certainly have exactly that - outstanding reputations making it hard to believe it is anything other than a scammer using their info. If anyone does know how to contact the real Kat and Winter it would certainly useful to hear from them as to their status and what is going on.  Always research thoroughly and be safe out there.

It was slick I tell you. Part of me can't believe I fell for it, but when I reread the conversation, I know exactly why I fell for it. When I heard Kay was coming to the Springs I looked up her site to get more info, the same site I've looked at many times over the years.  The site had her coming to the Springs early this week and then Denver.  Kat's site has a similar, updated calendar.  I wrote to her at the email address on the site.  She wrote back fairly quickly and the conversation flowed very naturally. She even mentioned a few things Kat told her to say to me.  I never questioned any of it. When the idea of paying ahead of time came up to get the discounted rate, I never blinked. That's when I decided to bood the double.  She didn't push it, just mentioned the option. No attempt to upsell.  Then after I paid, the conversation went on for 3 more days. Joking, flirting, really had me looking forward to it. Even when I couldn't get a confirmation the night before, I still expected to wake up and see a message with directions on where to meet.  Right up until the time of the appointment I held out hope.  Was probably a pretty pitiful site, sitting there refreshing email and looking at the phone every 30 seconds.  Then, and only then did I do the research I should have done earlier and it became pretty obvious what had happened.  Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

49 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

It was slick I tell you. Part of me can't believe I fell for it, but when I reread the conversation, I know exactly why I fell for it. When I heard Kay was coming to the Springs I looked up her site to get more info, the same site I've looked at many times over the years.  The site had her coming to the Springs early this week and then Denver.  Kat's site has a similar, updated calendar.  I wrote to her at the email address on the site.  She wrote back fairly quickly and the conversation flowed very naturally. She even mentioned a few things Kat told her to say to me.  I never questioned any of it. When the idea of paying ahead of time came up to get the discounted rate, I never blinked. That's when I decided to bood the double.  She didn't push it, just mentioned the option. No attempt to upsell.  Then after I paid, the conversation went on for 3 more days. Joking, flirting, really had me looking forward to it. Even when I couldn't get a confirmation the night before, I still expected to wake up and see a message with directions on where to meet.  Right up until the time of the appointment I held out hope.  Was probably a pretty pitiful site, sitting there refreshing email and looking at the phone every 30 seconds.  Then, and only then did I do the research I should have done earlier and it became pretty obvious what had happened.  Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

Not pitiful Mustang. We've all been there.  There are some really shitty people out there. 

3 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Then, and only then did I do the research I should have done earlier and it became pretty obvious what had happened.  Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

I am able to achieve perfection only in hindsight. It sounds like you learned something, and at a price that will make it worth it. Thanks for the post. 

Edited by Happymon
Spelchk

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Not pitiful Mustang. We've all been there.  There are some really shitty people out there. 

Thank you. I'm over it now. Just needed to vent a little. Still a little mad at myself. Just want to make sure I don't fall for that again, and maybe keep someone else from falling for it.

Wow so crazy OP sorry this has happened  .. I had talked with her a few times about touring some city's she had before and she gave me grate info .

Seen her around for a long time .. never would think something like this would be her !

I can not even tell you HOW MANY emails we get a day asking us to log in and very our accounts etc. I get messages from sites where I don’t participate. These messages can look very Real. We have to be very astute and on our toes.

I’m so sorry that some of you guys got scammed. I doubt it was the real Kat or Winter though. Maybe we need to have a call asking each other questions only they would know the answer to. I hope they’re ok, and y’all will lose your momentum.❤️

I could be wrong, but it looks like another scam with the same pattern is about to happen to Winter's old Traveling Partner Kat Vega.  I just saw 2 posts on national T... N... A... board

https://www.tnaboard.com/search.php?searchid=10832591

which listed a very similar website and very similar email of Kat's website and email.  The ad listed the same pattern of offering discounts and also required deposits which Kat has not asked for it before.

I texted Kat's old number and got the response "STOP".  I assumed this means she is not active.

I'm not active on the board and not sure if and how to go about flagging it.  Also, don't want to flag it just based on my instincts.

If any of you ladies still stay in touch with Kat, could you please inquire?

Thanks