Laci French

Happy Thanksgiving

14 posts in this topic

This Thanksgiving is probably going to look a little different for all of us and that’s okay because we will get through this.

Count your blessings and there is still so much to be thankful for this year.  

What are your plans?  

Much love and blessings ❤️

Most years I’d be up early to start roasting a bird (1 of 6-8) because I have a real oven instead of a dinky RV excuse for an oven.  Then about 2pm we’d sit down (60-100 of us) for dinner with tables piled high with potluck side dishes.

This year the GF & I will fix a turkey breast on the InstaPot and a few sides for a private dinner, just the 2 of us & the critters.

Christmas is looking equally bleak; parties cancelled etc.

We will be having a dance next week, but barely 1/2 the usual attendance.😡

My plans had lots of second thoughts last week and they just decided to cancel the group feed this year. Thus, I'm on my own and just started looking to volunteer somewhere. 

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope it’s warm and cozy with family in the safest of ways. Or if it’s more quiet this year, I still hope you eat a delicious meal and doing things that bring you Joy! ☺️✨

You’re so sweet and special @Laci French💜. It will definitely look different, but yes we will get through it. We’re doing a small simple dinner with just a few family members. Now is the time to be thankful and count our blessings. Times are difficult in some ways, but not as difficult for others. We’re not sick, have shelter, warmth and food. We also still have each other on a limited careful basis. Happy Thanksgiving y’all!

I'll be giving thanks, and celebrating the fact that I'm alive, and well! :)

Did someone say flame throwers (another thread)???

Hope everyone - yes, everyone - has a truly blessed Thanksgiving!  

And a safe one, do not try this at home unless you are a certified lunatic engineer!!

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. This year i had no guest just the little family. No Bird even. Just a couple cowboy steaks and some cheese mashed potatoes, sauteed beans, sauteed mushrooms, salad and pie. However small and different it was, I am thankful to be still around for my family my relatives my friends and those I keep checking on this board for. They keep my blood flowing although I did not get to play since this covid19 shit hit our beloved country and state. Happy and safe thanksgiving everyone.

Well I hope everyone has  survived whatever you did today. This year was less one of my siblings family because of social distancing.  I Just had a meal and then did absolutely nothing. It turned  out to be everything I thought it would be.:D  HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all.