Carleybustygirl

Living with the pandemic can life go back to normal??

117 posts in this topic

I was keeping myself out from the hobby because of pandemics and fear of infection. How you guys are keeping yourself in the hobby? Need some suggestions.

On 10/21/2020 at 0:19 PM, Lund said:

I was keeping myself out from the hobby because of pandemics and fear of infection. How you guys are keeping yourself in the hobby? Need some suggestions.

Quit living in fear and stop letting the government control you, that’s how 

On 10/10/2020 at 9:47 PM, johnnybgood said:

Sorry spark but this virus will never completely go away, 2 mo, 4 mo or 6mo!   Has the flu ever gone away despite a yearly vaccine?  More than 16 million people must get medical treatment each year in the US because of the flu with 30-60k dying!  

(During the 2018-2019 season, the CDC estimates 16.5 million people went to a health care provider for the flu and more than 34,000 people died in the U.S. The prior season saw 61,000 deaths.Jan 30, 2020)

Are you willing to wear a mask the rest of your life to avoid you becoming one of those 30-60k?  Sorry not me....

I think you need to check your math.

It's off by a lot. 227,000 deaths in the US alone from COVID 19 in the last 8 months, not like a year like you previously reported  but for 8 months... CDC reported, like you said 34k people died from the last flu season. That's for the whole year. COVID 19 is a much aggressive killer.

Do some simple math and see where it really is. Very tired of the whole "it'll be gone by the end of Summer" BS. No, I'm not a mask Nazi ..i I just wish people would take precaution's so we don't have to have another shut down. I have to tell you, I'm one of the "Follow some simple rules and save the lives of our at risk people" kind of person. You, seem to be not. Shame on you. The last pandemic killed over 675,00 Americans and over 52 million people world wide and you are bitching about wearing a dumb ass mask? All I ask is doing some socially distancing and wearing a dumb ass mask when you can't. Is that asking too much?

Here's a nice "simple math" statistic for you.... out of the 20 workers in our warehouse there are only 3 that actually wear their mask like they are supposed to.... we all just got tested (again) and guess who came up positive and who was negative? We only had 2 positive cases and the only ones positive was the ones that wear their masks.... everyone against it and says screw that came up negative..... do THAT simple math

14 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

Here's a nice "simple math" statistic for you.... out of the 20 workers in our warehouse there are only 3 that actually wear their mask like they are supposed to.... we all just got tested (again) and guess who came up positive and who was negative? We only had 2 positive cases and the only ones positive was the ones that wear their masks.... everyone against it and says screw that came up negative..... do THAT simple math

Masks don’t protect the wearer from getting the disease.  They prevent(*) the wearer from spreading the disease.  

Face shields are better personal protection.  At one restaurant here in S.TX the servers wear both.

(*) Not 100%, but a significant reduction.

18 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

Okay? There is a president, senators, ex governor, many folks that didn't wear masks that tested positive.   There are nurses and doctors and many other folks that did wear masks and tested positive.  Masks aren't full proof. Condoms aren't full proof either but we use them. 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, sparkey600 said:

I think you need to check your math.

It's off by a lot. 227,000 deaths in the US alone from COVID 19 in the last 8 months, not like a year like you previously reported  but for 8 months... CDC reported, like you said 34k people died from the last flu season. That's for the whole year. COVID 19 is a much aggressive killer.

Do some simple math and see where it really is. Very tired of the whole "it'll be gone by the end of Summer" BS. No, I'm not a mask Nazi ..i I just wish people would take precaution's so we don't have to have another shut down. I have to tell you, I'm one of the "Follow some simple rules and save the lives of our at risk people" kind of person. You, seem to be not. Shame on you. The last pandemic killed over 675,00 Americans and over 52 million people world wide and you are bitching about wearing a dumb ass mask? All I ask is doing some socially distancing and wearing a dumb ass mask when you can't. Is that asking too much?

Just to keep it short and simple, no flu deaths, no cancer no tb no heart attack etc deaths this year, do find that funny if we did then there would be probably 350,000 plus deaths think about it

52 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Just to keep it short and simple, no flu deaths, no cancer no tb no heart attack etc deaths this year, do find that funny if we did then there would be probably 350,000 plus deaths think about it

I have no idea what you're talking about bud. Covid 19 is real and it's a killer especially of our older relatives whom I for one want to keep around for many more years....Younger people, not so much and that's a very good thing, a positive thing.

I hope you and your family stays safe and sound. Blessings to you and your family!

All of us are thinking about how is the best way to keep our loved ones safe. Just saying.....

Peace bro..

18 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about bud. Covid 19 is real and it's a killer especially of our older relatives whom I for one want to keep around for many more years....Younger people, not so much and that's a very good thing, a positive thing.

I hope you and your family stays safe and sound. Blessings to you and your family!

All of us are thinking about how is the best way to keep our loved ones safe. Just saying.....

Peace bro..

Thanks bud, media is making everyone terrified of this virus and lying about the real numbers.but you have every right to believe what you want

16 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Okay? There is a president, senators, ex governor, many folks that didn't wear masks that tested positive.   There are nurses and doctors and many other folks that did wear masks and tested positive.  Masks aren't full proof. Condoms aren't full proof either but we use them. 

As I pointed out to my Chiropractor who is a (ahem) hard core Republican (only the US could possibly politicize a pandemic) but I guess that's one of the things that makes this country so GREAT!!!!! I love the US, please don't get me wrong here......

I love to ride my Harley and there's very limited helmet laws, but I wear one anyway. No worries. I want to be around to enjoy my grand kids... There's a seatbelt law that's mandatory. I hate wearing a seatbelt but I do anyway. I really don't like to though..

Point is, 99% of us wear a seat belt when driving and not wearing one only endangers the non-wearer personally. It's not like not wearing one will take out other people, if you get into an accident it will be you and you alone that will be hurt or killed.

Mask wearing for a while? Me? Nope I'm not wearing a mask because it's my Constitutional right, my God given right or some other lame ass argument as to not protect other people who might die a horrible death from COVID 19 because you might be inconvenienced for a while.

I agree, wearing a mask sucks on all levels. Mot wearing one might kill someone's favorite older love. For me' it's really a no brainer for the next year or so

I love my extended family and want to keep the older ones in my family as safe as I can.

Rant over.

I hope all of you keep safe and healthy, you deserve it.

Blesses to you all.

5 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

Thanks bud, media is making everyone terrified of this virus and lying about the real numbers.but you have every right to believe what you want

I agree with you on this point. The media is playing a lot of things. Some true, some conjecture I'm sure. We just have to be a little carful to protect out loved ones. 

I for one think for one we have to be careful, but not terrified.

Hope you are doing well, have a good evening and thanks for arguing with me on this point!

America is so damn good about allowing point and counter point!

8 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

I may have misread ^this^, but I think your math is off - there should be a subtraction, not an addition.  How many flu, cancer, tb, heart attack deaths have been attributed to Covid?

8 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

51 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I may have misread ^this^, but I think your math is off - there should be a subtraction, not an addition.  How many flu, cancer, tb, heart attack deaths have been attributed to Covid?

Stop with the conspiracy theory, unverified bullshit already.  The death counts are taken from official death certificate information, which are certified by the local coroners.  So what you are doing is accusing hundreds of coroners - primarily licensed physicians - of falsifying official documents (a felony!!!) under some deep state plot narrative.  It is absolute bullshit of the type that simply makes matters much worse.  If anything when statistical analysis is done on expected deaths from all causes there is a clear excess ABOVE AND BEYOND the reported covid numbers - a clear indication if anything the number of deaths is under-reported.  I know.  Inconvenient to the "it is all a hoax" theory.  For fuck sake, yes, do THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

4 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Stop with the conspiracy theory, unverified bullshit already.  The death counts are taken from official death certificate information, which are certified by the local coroners.  So what you are doing is accusing hundreds of coroners - primarily licensed physicians - of falsifying official documents (a felony!!!) under some deep state plot narrative.  It is absolute bullshit of the type that simply makes matters much worse.  If anything when statistical analysis is done on expected deaths from all causes there is a clear excess ABOVE AND BEYOND the reported covid numbers - a clear indication if anything the number of deaths is under-reported.  I know.  Inconvenient to the "it is all a hoax" theory.  For fuck sake, yes, do THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

A true sheeple

Except that I know for a FACT that what you day is conspiracy is actually TRUTH.... i know someone personally who is married to a doctor that was forced by the hospital to put down covid as the cause of death even though his professional opinion was a heart attack was the true cod  but the hospital would recieve more funds for the covid death and since the deceased tested positive that's all they needed to SAY it was a covid death. And when he tried to argue it was NOT covid he was given the option on go ahead and put heart attack and you no longer have a job.... it's not conspiracy BS if there is truth to it....

54 minutes ago, Strange_Ice said:

I’m actually curious about this. How do the hospitals receive more money post death? And from whom? And why post death vs during actual treatment when the person is still alive and could easily generate substantially more treatment?

Edit: I found it. They can get up to 20% reimbursement for treatment and if the cause of death is from COVID. BUT that is only for people on Medicare. Now the question is how many deaths are from those on Medicare? Because that would then paint a much larger picture of what you’re alluding to. 

Edited by JoDoe27

On 24/09/2020 at 2:01 AM, Laci French said:

Wearing a mask is being respectful and thinking outside of yourself.

Bravo :wub:

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

I’m actually curious about this. How do the hospitals receive more money post death? And from whom? And why post death vs during actual treatment when the person is still alive and could easily generate substantially more treatment?

Edit: I found it. They can get up to 20% reimbursement for treatment and if the cause of death is from COVID. BUT that is only for people on Medicare. Now the question is how many deaths are from those on Medicare? Because that would then paint a much larger picture of what you’re alluding to. 

Well 85 percent of the deaths are from older folks and probably all on Medicare,  it makes sense, I’m sure Medicare is getting a kick back from that also

All of you should go outside and enjoy some sunshine ☀️ 

3 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Well 85 percent of the deaths are from older folks and probably all on Medicare,  it makes sense, I’m sure Medicare is getting a kick back from that also

Stevie, if anyone is a sheeple it's you. You're buying into unproven conspiracy theories. Please feel free to link to some news sources to show otherwise. 

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

Stevie, if anyone is a sheeple it's you. You're buying into unproven conspiracy theories. Please feel free to link to some news sources to show otherwise. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, stevie-2249 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm not seeing any links, or proof from you, sheeple! Surprise! Surprise! :lol:

On 9/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, valconxen said:

The reason I am concerned about masks is my mother.  She has respiratory problems and need help from my sibling and I .  If I catch COVID-19 it probably would suck, but I would very likely survive if my mom catches it she would probably die.  I wear a masks and hope others not because of me, but because of her and others like her.  I am lucky that I have good paying job that I can work from home.  I rarely have to go out and I find wearing a mask uncomfortable, but I do it.  I have a lot respect for people that have to wear a  mask all day long.  This has changed our lives at least for next few years, but we will survive like we did during the spanish flu 100 years.  I would hope that as a society we will learn from this, but I doubt it

Great post... I have to acknowledge it. This pandemic showed us many sides of our society and how we “view” what our rights really are. Truth of the matter is one’s  rights stop where they effect only themselves, but when they effect others we’re now talking about social responsibility and the truth is, we as human beings are very much socially irresponsible. I mean think how often johns AND providers agree to BBFS knowing full well the consequences could be more than either wants to deal with, but it happens anyway... does it feel good, yes... just like it feels great not having to wear that mask around your face. Is it responsible... No... and that’s exactly how you should be judged if you fall into the category who’s irresponsible enough not to wear one just because of comfort... it’s more responsibility than most can handle, but we’re going to have to learn or deal with the consequences... I’ve come across death far too many times already to tell you there is no amount of money that can replace a life... even years lost due to irresponsible foolishness is too much.

3 hours ago, pfunk said:

I'm not seeing any links, or proof from you, sheeple! Surprise! Surprise! :lol:

The post is right above the last post you quoted me in, read it

10 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

The post is right above the last post you quoted me in, read it

You theorize that Medicare is getting a kickback. That's not true.

You also guess that 85% of the deaths are people on Medicare. That's not true.

The link, that you mention, does not prove either of these statements.

You're just a gullible fool. Please, stop spreading this kind of nonsense.

Everyone please remember to wash your masks often and have extras to rotate.

22 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Given that the vast, vast vast majority of recorded deaths from COVID are over 65 and the overwhelming majority of that have been over 80, how many do you think had Midicare/Medicade

13 minutes ago, Happymon said:

Given that the vast, vast vast majority of recorded deaths from COVID are over 65 and the overwhelming majority of that have been over 80, how many do you think had Midicare/Medicade

No clue on the Medicaid/Medicare question but that’s because I don’t have time to comb through it all so I can’t even begin to make an educated guess it assumption especially since I’ve never considered or thought about the portion of the population that currently depends on either service. For Medicare you can comb through this. I’d guess there’s something similar for Medicaid. 

The CDC does give total numbers does give total numbers on demographics with the majority of deaths happening to those simply over the age of 65 since the CDC doesn’t give an exact age. So I’d say a majority over 85 vs overwhelming over 80 since they make up a larger % but not as much as I expected.

65-74: 45,950

75-84: 56,408

85+: 65,301