Ryann

Deposits Deposits Deposits!!!

153 posts in this topic

Glad to see this topic being discussed though I suspect that I am behind the times.

For the first time I have been asked to make a deposit to be on the schedule of a provider.  Apparently this is required

whether for incall or outcall.  She has verified my references which I gave via email (for some reason I could not send her

a P411 request).  So my question is; what are the best ways (for a client) to make deposits and what should I look out for?

She is a well reviewed lady.  Thanks for your help in advance!

3 hours ago, nairobi09 said:

Glad to see this topic being discussed though I suspect that I am behind the times.

For the first time I have been asked to make a deposit to be on the schedule of a provider.  Apparently this is required

whether for incall or outcall.  She has verified my references which I gave via email (for some reason I could not send her

a P411 request).  So my question is; what are the best ways (for a client) to make deposits and what should I look out for?

The only ways I know of to make a deposit are some kind of electronic transfer (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.). Anything you do electronically is going to leave at least some semblance of a paper trail. But I don't think there is any other way before you meet in person and pay cash.

The two main risks for hobbyists in providing a deposit are (1) creating an additional paper trail that could potentially be used to trace activities back to you (either by LE or an SO), and (2) the potential that you lose the deposit money if the provider ghosts you, doesn't send address info, or otherwise takes the money and runs without meeting you for the session. There are legitimate scams out there with fake ads just trying to scam guys out of deposit money. A provider who doesn't require a deposit takes some risks on herself, so it's a conundrum.

Any provider is certainly within her rights to request a deposit. And any potential customer is within his rights to decline taking the risks involved and not see that provider. I would never consider sending a deposit unless the provider I wanted to see was very well established with a good reputation. I occasionally try to TOFTT and see newer/less-established providers who sometimes have no reviews at all--no way I'd send a deposit in those situations.

If the lady you are trying to see is very established and has a good track record of customer satisfaction, then that seems to reduce at least some of the risk involved in sending a deposit. Ultimately, you decide and weigh your own level of risk tolerance against your desire to see that particular provider. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

8 hours ago, nairobi09 said:

If she is requiring a deposit, she should have a Venmo account or something like that where you can transfer the deposit to her.

Ask her how you should send the deposit to her.

Catch 22.

1. I don't live anywhere near Denver. When I do come to town, and make appointments prior to coming. I;'d say that 50% of the appointments bail.  If I can't rely on people to act like adults, why would I give a deposit?

2. I would be totally down with a deposit to someone that I have seen before, and trusted. But then again, if there is mutual trust, why would I need a deposit? Those known entities know that I am punctual, and pay generously.

Edited by Maclovin

18 hours ago, Fenrir373 said:

The only ways I know of to make a deposit are some kind of electronic transfer (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.).

With enough time to clear the bank, you could also use a check.  But talk about a paper trail ...

12 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

With enough time to clear the bank, you could also use a check.  But talk about a paper trail ...

In my experience, providers that require a deposit won't give you address/location info until you send the funds, so they probably wouldn't be keen on sending that info so you could mail a check. And I doubt that many providers would set up a PO Box or something just on the off chance that one random hobbyist would rather mail a check than do an electronic transfer. More importantly, as you point out, checks contain serious personal info, including your bank account information AND your full name and home address, so to the extent that you have any concerns trusting the provider, a check would be the last thing I'd want to provide.   

There are many wonderful choices here at the TOB Superstore.  If one of the lovely ladies wants a deposit or a picture of me or a copy of my driver's licence I wont argue.  I'll just smile and move along....

I have never had a problem with TOB providers. They know a reputation is on the line. You are taking your chance on other sites. Most require a  deposit and over 60% of the time, for me it's been a scam. They give you an address but make you wait or don't give you a room number, apartment number.This scam can be run out of state. Never buy a gift card! 

On 4/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, Fenrir373 said:

The only ways I know of to make a deposit are some kind of electronic transfer (PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, etc.). Anything you do electronically is going to leave at least some semblance of a paper trail. But I don't think there is any other way before you meet in person and pay cash.

The two main risks for hobbyists in providing a deposit are (1) creating an additional paper trail that could potentially be used to trace activities back to you (either by LE or an SO), and (2) the potential that you lose the deposit money if the provider ghosts you, doesn't send address info, or otherwise takes the money and runs without meeting you for the session. There are legitimate scams out there with fake ads just trying to scam guys out of deposit money. A provider who doesn't require a deposit takes some risks on herself, so it's a conundrum.

Any provider is certainly within her rights to request a deposit. And any potential customer is within his rights to decline taking the risks involved and not see that provider. I would never consider sending a deposit unless the provider I wanted to see was very well established with a good reputation. I occasionally try to TOFTT and see newer/less-established providers who sometimes have no reviews at all--no way I'd send a deposit in those situations.

If the lady you are trying to see is very established and has a good track record of customer satisfaction, then that seems to reduce at least some of the risk involved in sending a deposit. Ultimately, you decide and weigh your own level of risk tolerance against your desire to see that particular provider. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Thanks to everyone here.  I decided to not pursue this potential meeting.  The young lady in question had told me she was going to move on date X but could maybe see me as an outcall the next day.  When I told her I would prefer an incall she said either way was fine but I needed to make a deposit.  So the risk of me showing up and her being elsewhere was hard to ignore.  She did not respond when I asked about how to make a deposit.  

Thanks again!

On 5/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ryann said:

There always seems to be a question about girls asking for a deposit. Here’s the deal, unfortunately there seems to be an abundance of friends asking for outcalls , which a lot of providers don’t mind doing but here’s the problem. You get all dolled up you drive to the location that was requested, you get there and nobody answers their phone or it’s an address that’s bogus !!This never used to happen but in the last few years we’ve got a much younger crowd who seem to think that it’s kind of funny to mess with somebodys time!!!In. In saying this there are far more who do not do that. So . Some Seem to think that they’re going to be shaded by giving somebody a deposit. So let me break this down... number one - provider has a reputation to keep and there are reviews that can be written so if somebody gets shaded the Friend has the option to write a review stating what happened and therefore the provider loses good reputation So the chances of our friends getting shaded are pretty slim. Does it happen, absolutely but far less than what happens on our side.

so Let’s assume we don’t get a deposit and we show up and it’s a bogus appointment. We don’t know who set that up we don’t know if that’s where we should be we don’t know what the circumstances are all we know is that we’re shaded  with no recourse., so if you think about it logically if a provider asks for a deposit and you’re serious about spending time, then there should be no issues. I’m sorry that there are situations that some of our friends have gone through where they get shaded or ripped off,  just remember you have the option to write a review!! So please stop thinking that deposits are a bad thing they are not. Put yourself in a provider shoes just for a moment and try to understand we’re all trying to Have fun with no glitches.

Why Ryann? Seems like you're describing a day in the life most hobbyists. I can relate to "getting dolled up and driving to a location that was requested only to get there and nobody answers the phone or the address is bogus" I especially like the part where "You dont know who set up the appointment and don’t know if that’s where we should be and not  knowing what the circumstances are, all we know is that we’re shaded  with no recourse" Now you know how most of us feel. lol

On 1/10/2022 at 11:52 PM, amahumanbean said:

Why Ryann? Seems like you're describing a day in the life most hobbyists. I can relate to "getting dolled up and driving to a location that was requested only to get there and nobody answers the phone or the address is bogus" I especially like the part where "You dont know who set up the appointment and don’t know if that’s where we should be and not  knowing what the circumstances are, all we know is that we’re shaded  with no recourse" Now you know how most of us feel. lol

Oh, hush. No one cares. :lol: Right, ladies? :P

On 1/10/2022 at 11:52 PM, amahumanbean said:

Total disrespect. And BS. Happened to me recently. i drove thirty minutes to downtown denver, parked car and she never answered.  I do not tolerate that and posted on a diff forum as such. Based upon my experience, I never have given a

deposit. Different rules here in Denver I guess. I might consider it with an older provider or one with a good reputation, but I have read about hobbyists getting ripped off countless times..Oh the best, in South Florida, years and years ago was a provider named Cassandra that had started a charity for kids during xmass time. She raise quite a bit of cash thru the indiboard. And Then disappeared with that $$$$.

It sucks when some numbnut books time and doesnt show though..

On 1/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Oh, hush. No one cares. :lol: Right, ladies? :P

Obviously, someone cares enough to insist on getting paid a deposit. Just sayin.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ryann said:

There always seems to be a question about girls asking for a deposit. Here’s the deal, unfortunately there seems to be an abundance of friends asking for outcalls , which a lot of providers don’t mind doing but here’s the problem. You get all dolled up you drive to the location that was requested, you get there and nobody answers their phone or it’s an address that’s bogus !!This never used to happen but in the last few years we’ve got a much younger crowd who seem to think that it’s kind of funny to mess with somebodys time!!!In. In saying this there are far more who do not do that. So . Some Seem to think that they’re going to be shaded by giving somebody a deposit. So let me break this down... number one - provider has a reputation to keep and there are reviews that can be written so if somebody gets shaded the Friend has the option to write a review stating what happened and therefore the provider loses good reputation So the chances of our friends getting shaded are pretty slim. Does it happen, absolutely but far less than what happens on our side.

so Let’s assume we don’t get a deposit and we show up and it’s a bogus appointment. We don’t know who set that up we don’t know if that’s where we should be we don’t know what the circumstances are all we know is that we’re shaded  with no recourse., so if you think about it logically if a provider asks for a deposit and you’re serious about spending time, then there should be no issues. I’m sorry that there are situations that some of our friends have gone through where they get shaded or ripped off,  just remember you have the option to write a review!! So please stop thinking that deposits are a bad thing they are not. Put yourself in a provider shoes just for a moment and try to understand we’re all trying to Have fun with no glitches.

I agree, I have gone as far as not seeing anyone who isn’t a member of tob or p411 with multiple references and reviews.  The amount of BS to deal with went down by 95%. I also do not do any outcalls unless I have met them Incall first or my friend has met before. 

jso after reading this thread a little bit, I was never going to give a deposit, but i did and got scammed badly. Even showed up to the house and some guy pulled up asking what i was doing there. I was a fool. Then I hit a pot hole and shreaded the tire and bent the rim a little bit. What a clusterfuck listening to my little dick. It was totally my fault for getting scammed..I know better.

8 hours ago, lurkernomore757 said:

jso after reading this thread a little bit, I was never going to give a deposit, but i did and got scammed badly. Even showed up to the house and some guy pulled up asking what i was doing there. I was a fool. Then I hit a pot hole and shreaded the tire and bent the rim a little bit. What a clusterfuck listening to my little dick. It was totally my fault for getting scammed..I know better.

I hate that you joined less than a week ago and have spent all your time here complaining. You get scammed by not doing your research.... there's hundreds of ladies here with reputations worth way more than the deposit they request. 

I hope you can find a happy thread to post on!

8 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I hate that you joined less than a week ago and have spent all your time here complaining. You get scammed by not doing your research.... there's hundreds of ladies here with reputations worth way more than the deposit they request. 

You don't need to hate on a new poster. I don't see his comment as a complaint. He simply stated what happened to him.

You often provide helpful advice, but many of your posts are not happy ones or in happy threads, so your comment is a little bit like the kettle calling the pot black. How about being more friendly with your responses, especially with a new poster?

While research likely helps in almost all cases, it does not prevent the theft problem in its entirety. We recently learned this from a couple of seasoned board members.

4 hours ago, BBT-8367 said:

You don't need to hate on a new poster. I don't see his comment as a complaint. He simply stated what happened to him.

You often provide helpful advice, but many of your posts are not happy ones or in happy threads, so your comment is a little bit like the kettle calling the pot black. How about being more friendly with your responses, especially with a new poster?

While research likely helps in almost all cases, it does not prevent the theft problem in its entirety. We recently learned this from a couple of seasoned board members.

@lurkernomore757 This is from your last post.

I have been Hobbying for a long long time and have seen my fair share of scams, rippoffs, indi parties,get togethers and strange encounters.

Then this...

22 hours ago, lurkernomore757 said:

Considering the frequency you get scammed and ripped off, you're definitely taking unnecessary risks. You say you're picky in your only other post, but apparently not if you're having your fair share of all these problems AND you've been having these problems for a long long time.  As you stated...thinking with the little dick.  If you keep doing that and taking extra risks, these problems will continue, and unfortunately we'll have to keep hearing about it.  It's a drag for some of us, but I guess some still feel bad for you. Strange. 

I remember a very similar discussion during the first, scary days of Covid. At the time the discussions were centered on pre-paying for an appointment to be scheduled for a later date. I remember the scoffing, the pushback and, at times, outrage at the suggestion that a client help out a young lady and repay for an appointment. I know, from pms and other conversations, a number of gentleman did in fact prepay for appointments that were scheduled for a later date. In some cases, much later dates or with no firm date. I am sure that an overwhelming number of guys who made the decision to pre-pay did so knowing that there was a possibility that the appointment might not happen. I was one of the hobbyists that prepaid.  I know from pms that a large percentage of prepaid appointments were sucessfully scheduled. From the pms I know there were  rip offs. Of course part of the motivation for risking a prepayment may have been the expectation of eventually playing with a young lady who was very appreciative of the prepayment. But I also believe that a huge part of the decision to prepay was beyong a worry of being ripped off. The decision to pre-pay had to involve, compassion, empathy, understanding,  respect and......trust. The same reasoning and principals surely applys to deposits. No matter the final outcome, yes I will pay the deposit, no I don't want too ,  taking a few minutes to respectfully consider the other side of the request, I beleive will result in a mature, reasoned decision that leaves both parties feeling ok and both move on. Just my 2 cents woth,         

21 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

@lurkernomore757 This is from your last post.

I have been Hobbying for a long long time and have seen my fair share of scams, rippoffs, indi parties,get togethers and strange encounters.

Then this...

Considering the frequency you get scammed and ripped off, you're definitely taking unnecessary risks. You say you're picky in your only other post, but apparently not if you're having your fair share of all these problems AND you've been having these problems for a long long time.  As you stated...thinking with the little dick.  If you keep doing that and taking extra risks, these problems will continue, and unfortunately we'll have to keep hearing about it.  It's a drag for some of us, but I guess some still feel bad for you. Strange. 

His first post was about hygiene and was not really about scams, though I see the wording that you quoted. While I believe the B.A.S post could easily be true,  I think it was meant as a form of scatalogical entertainment.  Sometimes bathroom humor gives guys a laugh. In his second post, he already acknowledged he made a mistake and that his actions were not the wisest.  So there is probably no need to lecture him.

What I would like to point out is that I think that there is a double standard here. Megan apparently hated both of lurkernomore757's posts and let us know about it.  However, If a provider makes a post about hygiene, none of the guys or girls complain about the post.  Similarly, if a provider posts about something going wrong (e.g. accidentally texting the wrong person or no shows), none of the guys or girls generally talk down to the provider or hate on them for the post. From what I have seen, with a couple of exceptions,  people generally offer sympathy and constructive advice in those cases.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, BBT-8367 said:

Cool. I see most of my recent posts are friendly. 🤷‍♀️ there's also a mute button where you never have to see my posts again! It's impossible to please everyone 😊 

46 minutes ago, BBT-8367 said:

His first post was about hygiene and was not really about scams, though I see the wording that you quoted. While I believe the B.A.S post could easily be true,  I think it was meant as a form of scatalogical entertainment.  Sometimes bathroom humor gives guys a laugh. In his second post, he already acknowledged he made a mistake and that his actions were not the wisest.  So there is probably no need to lecture him.

What I would like to point out is that I think that there is a double standard here. Megan apparently hated both of lurkernomore757's posts and let us know about it.  However, If a provider makes a post about hygiene, none of the guys or girls complain about the post.  Similarly, if a provider posts about something going wrong (e.g. accidentally texting the wrong person or no shows), none of the guys or girls generally talk down to the provider or hate on them for the post. From what I have seen, with a couple of exceptions,  people generally offer sympathy and constructive advice in those cases.

Why you still talking about me...😂 

I've been around long enough to know that people who get scammed 99% of the time didn't do any research. 

The recent scam of board members was a rare occasion on tob.  And it sucks that it happened to those involved. But speaking for most ladies here... reputations are worth more than the deposit they ask for. 

1 hour ago, BBT-8367 said:

Thank you for explaining your take on what he said and what Megan said..  Not quite sure why you quoted me to do that. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Thank you for explaining your take on what he said and what Megan said..  Not quite sure why you quoted me to do that. Lol. 

I can explain my rational. I quoted you because you quoted me in your Sunday 10:13 PM response above.  Therefore, I thought your Sunday evening response was in some fashion a response me,  and thus, I continued responding  to what I thought was your last response to me. Though I suppose all that quoting is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Cool. I see most of my recent posts are friendly. 🤷‍♀️ there's also a mute button where you never have to see my posts again! It's impossible to please everyone 😊 

I've been around long enough to know that people who get scammed 99% of the time didn't do any research. 

The recent scam of board members was a rare occasion on tob.  And it sucks that it happened to those involved. But speaking for most ladies here... reputations are worth more than the deposit they ask for. 

You're right. I agree that it's a rare occasion. 

I promise that I will not talk about you for the rest of the week:) I can't make any promises about next week, but if I do say anything next week, I promise that it will be positive.  Have a good night! 

32 minutes ago, BBT-8367 said:

I can explain my rational. I quoted you because you quoted me in your Sunday 10:13 PM response above.  Therefore, I thought your Sunday evening response was in some fashion a response me,  and thus, I continued responding  to what I thought was your last response to me. Though I suppose all that quoting is unnecessary.

Ahhh I see! I scrolled up. Got it! I've slept since then among other things. Thanks 😁

On 4/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, Maclovin said:

Catch 22.

1. I don't live anywhere near Denver. When I do come to town, and make appointments prior to coming. I;'d say that 50% of the appointments bail.  If I can't rely on people to act like adults, why would I give a deposit?

2. I would be totally down with a deposit to someone that I have seen before, and trusted. But then again, if there is mutual trust, why would I need a deposit? Those known entities know that I am punctual, and pay generously.

Can always make better selection on the serious providers who takes her business serious ..

On 2/13/2022 at 8:39 AM, MeganMarie4u said:

Good Point! I will take that under  advisement. I was persuaded to give deposit and got scammed here already. It was my fault for being stupid.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:53 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

So, being new to denver, what boards can I use for research. In South FLorida we had a few indi boards. Other than looking up the number, im not sure.

On 3/7/2022 at 2:51 PM, lurkernomore757 said:

So, being new to denver, what boards can I use for research. In South FLorida we had a few indi boards. Other than looking up the number, im not sure.

TOB P411  Google