supermouse12

Gift cards.

15 posts in this topic

I know odd question, but I won one at work through a contest.  How common is this to be given to a lady? I mean you can verify it has money on the phone on a few minutes when there.  But still just wondering.v

1 hour ago, supermouse12 said:

I know odd question, but I won one at work through a contest.  How common is this to be given to a lady? I mean you can verify it has money on the phone on a few minutes when there.  But still just wondering.v

I think a gift card is a great tip idea, especially with the holidays right around the corner. If you're regifting, why not show your appreciation to your favorite provider, or a new gem you've found, who goes above and beyond for you. ❤❤❤

31 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I think a gift card is a great tip idea, ...

^this^

2 hours ago, supermouse12 said:

I agree with Bit and Hunter. It's an excellent tip/gift.

I recommend against trying to use it as payment. Providers see scams frequestly, including empty gift cards, and fake cards. I doubt many providers would accept it as payment. Cash is king! ;)

If you are trying to use it as a payment method, some may not accept it, but as others have said if you are using it as a gift or tip, I see no problem with it. I guess it honestly depends on what kind of gift card it is and how much it is for on whether or not someone would accept it as partial payment. 

1 hour ago, Crystyna said:

If you are trying to use it as a payment method, some may not accept it, but as others have said if you are using it as a gift or tip, I see no problem with it. I guess it honestly depends on what kind of gift card it is and how much it is for on whether or not someone would accept it as partial payment. 

Very good answer. 

Because how it can be used is the key.

$100 gift card for Red Lobster definitely a tip.

Cant pay rent ect without cash.

5 hours ago, Turtle138 said:

Very good answer. 

Because how it can be used is the key.

$100 gift card for Red Lobster definitely a tip.

Cant pay rent ect without cash.

There are now apartment complexes in Denver that only accept cards for payment.  No direct deposit, no bank transfers, no cash, no checks.

But for visiting a lady, cash is king.

There are many threads on this subject.

I've used them for tips.  But for payment, anything other than cash feels sketchy unless agreed upon beforehand.

And if I was a working girl, I wouldn't agree to anything other than case for my base pay.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, ilovewomen said:

There are now apartment complexes in Denver that only accept cards for payment.  No direct deposit, no bank transfers, no cash, no checks.

But for visiting a lady, cash is king.

There are many threads on this subject.

At some point there has to be a financial institution involved. I can see cutting out checks for the obvious reasons. Bad or insufficient  funds. Also cuts out some paperwork for the staff. Direct deposit would go right to the account that the cards do. I don't understand that part.

For a woman, way too risky, right?  There is someone I see who MAYBE would accept it in lieu of cash or as an adjunct, but I would never offer it in the first place.  KISS principle.

21 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

For a woman, way too risky, right?  ....  KISS principle.

Just as risky for men, but with different scenarios.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, MikeInCOSprings said:

I've used them for tips.  But for payment, anything other than cash feels sketchy unless agreed upon beforehand.

And if I was a working girl, I wouldn't agree to anything other than case for my base pay.

I have used gift card as tips for several years, the ladies seem to really appreciate the thought. Especially when you find out their favorite places, I have never missed with a Starbucks card.

As others have said - they're great tips if they're for specific places. I'll accept a Visa gift card as a form of payment after funds have been verified but that is the only type. 

jesus i'm so naive - i would have never thought that you could give away a visa gift card with no money on it?!?!  Once you buy them they are sealed in those cardboard envelope like containers and you have to open them to activate them with a concealed PIN to use them.  How could you do that and have no money on the card?  Or can people buy a $0.00 balance gift card?  Never seen that denomination in the gift card podiums at the supermarkets?

someone splain it to me please....

18 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

Or can people buy a $0.00 balance gift card? 

If someone wants to rip off a provider, they'll probably just take the card and pocket it. No payment involved.

The people who steal from providers, steal everything else, too.