Seeker5280

Why would a review be removed after it was posted and seen by members?

37 posts in this topic

I saw one two days ago and it is gone now. It was a “No” in the Experience column.

Just curious why it was taken down. 

I would hazard a guess that maybe the review turned out to be fake.

Either fake, or significantly lacking in complete truth. I'm glad the mods have the choice to listen to both sides, and make a determination.

Unfortunately, no one is obligated to tell us what happened, and why the review was removed.

TOB is free to clients. We don't pay a dime for maintenance. Thus, we kinda have to accept whatever the owner and mods decide. That seems fair to me!  

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

TOB is free to clients. We don't pay a dime for maintenance. Thus, we kinda have to accept whatever the owner and mods decide. 

This is true.

Fair? Far from it.  But.... That’s just the way it is.

Have you ever wondered why so many YES reviews vs virtually zero NO reviews?

1 minute ago, inkspot said:

This is true.

My opinion is whoever pays for it, and takes 99% of the legal risk, gets to decide what happens on their board, that's fair. They owe you and I exactly nothing. The providers, and board management, pay for it.

If you don't think it's fair, you (and anyone who agrees with you) have the freedom to start another board. Best of luck!

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I would hazard a guess that maybe the review turned out to be fake.

I agree. But, why wasn’t it caught before it was posted?
Thats my question. 

1 hour ago, inkspot said:

This is true.

Probably because the guys who write reviews don’t want to write a negative review.

Reviews aren’t removed just because they are negative.  And the ladies always have a chance to rebut a negative review. But it won’t be removed because she doesn’t like it.

20 minutes ago, Seeker5280 said:

Thats my question. 

Shit happens. Things slip through. Maybe it was a fake good review written by the lady herself.  Maybe she was able to prove to the mods it was a fake review...good or bad.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Shit happens. Things slip through. Maybe it was a fake good review written by the lady herself.  Maybe she was able to prove to the mods it was a fake review...good or bad.

^This^ would be my guess.

Ancient Aliens?  The Russians?  Hillary? The Shadow People?  So many possibilities. 

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Probably because the guys who write reviews don’t want to write a negative review.

Reviews aren’t removed just because they are negative.  And the ladies always have a chance to rebut a negative review. But it won’t be removed because she doesn’t like it.

How do you know this to be true?

Playing devil’s advocate, and going on another lost above about the ladies literally paying for the site, I can sure as shit see a model of business that would allow for those floating the financial aspect of a business to have some say here and there. 

8 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Playing devil’s advocate, and going on another lost above about the ladies literally paying for the site, I can sure as shit see a model of business that would allow for those floating the financial aspect of a business to have some say here and there. 

Think about this for a minute.

If what you say above is true, if a lady gets a negative review, why rebutt it? Why not just tell the mods they want it removed instead of being out there for everyone to read.

Just because a lady doesn’t like a review, it isn’t removed. It doesn’t work that way.

The mods only remove reviews if they are proven to be fake...good or bad reviews.

There have been self reviews and those are removed.

4 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Think about this for a minute.

If what you say above is true, if a lady gets a negative review, why rebutt it? Why not just tell the mods they want it removed instead of being out there for everyone to read.

Just because a lady doesn’t like a review, it isn’t removed. It doesn’t work that way.

The mods only remove reviews if they are proven to be fake...good or bad reviews.

There have been self reviews and those are removed.

You still didn’t answer my question of how you know this is fact. Ladies caught self reviewing get a nice red marker to let you know that is the case as well. I’ve seen reviews fall off but sometimes that appears to be because the reviewers’ account has been deleted. As for the rebuttal, and if you push that one, then you should strongly advocate people writing honest and bad reviews since the ladies literally get the last word in the matter. Which I guess I never understood why people are so quick to discourage bad reviews.

And as for the ladies “not liking bad reviews” I know I’ve seen more than a few thy were edited well after the fact to remove some less than flattering detail.

Either way i don’t particularly care and that’s mainly because no actual answer will come of this and it’s all speculation. So. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

8 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

One of the reasons for the founding of TOB, eons ago, was that the owner of THE popular board in Denver followed this business model.  He would not allow anything negative to be said about the providers , to the point of banning clients.  A group of guys & gals split and formed their own board.  TOB has always been client-centric, but relatively fair to the providers.  Trash talk has been kept to a minimum for both parties and fake reviews, good or bad, eliminated when noted.

26 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

... As for the rebuttal, and if you push that one, then you should strongly advocate people writing honest and bad reviews since the ladies literally get the last word in the matter. Which I guess I never understood why people are so quick to discourage bad reviews. ...

I have a reputation for writing AVERAGE reviews or rating in the 6/10 range.  T.O. once even commented that I understood what AVERAGE meant, comparing an individual experience against my years of mongering in whore houses, massage parlors, newspapers, and the streets.  There is a general tendency for folks to follow the “If you can’t say something nice, keep your mouth shut!”  It takes something egregious (robbery, etc) for a bad review.

I have come to expect that the quality of my experiences, and those of other clients, have improved significantly with the advent of the Internet.  The exchange of information allows clients to be more careful in their selection and provides feedback to the ladies for quality improvement.  Even bait&switch is almost unheard of in the TOB community.  The scam artists get shuffled to the side, often with the ladies’ help; trying to keep their marketplace clean lest they be tarred with a wide brush.

So while I expect the occasional MAYBE review because two individuals didn’t click, I have also come to expect the preponderance of reviews on TOB to be in the YES category.  Most of the NOs advertise elsewhere.

Edited by Bit Banger

51 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I have a reputation for writing AVERAGE reviews or rating in the 6/10 range.  T.O. once even commented that I understood what AVERAGE meant, comparing an individual experience against my years of mongering in whore houses, massage parlors, newspapers, and the streets.  There is a general tendency for folks to follow the “If you can’t say something nice, keep your mouth shut!”  It takes something egregious (robbery, etc) for a bad review.

Except people don’t truly keep their mouths shut. While it might not show in the review there’s plenty of conversations happening behind the scene. ;)

my bigger point in that was the outright and open discouragement of people from writing a bad that could really run the gamut of possibilities on why they decided to write it. The rebuttal system is in place and even gets used on the “yes,” so the system can work if people really use it and aren’t pushed to avoid certain aspects that are legit options. 

31 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Except people don’t truly keep their mouths shut. While it might not show in the review there’s plenty of conversations happening behind the scene. ;)

my bigger point in that was the outright and open discouragement of people from writing a bad that could really run the gamut of possibilities on why they decided to write it. The rebuttal system is in place and even gets used on the “yes,” so the system can work if people really use it and aren’t pushed to avoid certain aspects that are legit options. 

What “discouragement” have you seen?  Blacklisted or outted for something less than FANTASTIC? (Yeah, the ladies spread the word.  She’s no longer here.). Just how many negative reviews have you written, Joe?

At least TOB allows NoShow reviews.  Another popular board says, “No session - No review!”

He just wants to be argumentative, no matter what is said.

I’ve been guilty of not writing negative reviews when I probably should have and I’m generally pretty good about always writing a review.  Typically, I’ll only write a negative review if I truly felt let down by the experience.  There have been times where it’s a bit more gray area.  I’m not saying my reasoning is good but there have been cases where the provider is a very nice and well-meaning person.  The pics were from a MUCH more flattering time in her life.  Also, we are prohibited from mentioning exchanges and amounts in reviews.  What if I felt like the service advertised at the rate demanded didn’t line up with the actual service?  Well, I know how powerful reviews can be and I’m also aware that the more reviews an author has written, the more seriously his reviews are taken.  I put more weight on reviews written by similar other authors.  Maybe I’m guilty of being a bit of a softy in this way.

Just make sure if you're the one doling out negative reviews, and asking why gentleman aren't more honest in theirs, that you yourself come correct to all your appts. Don't be preachy if you pulled some weirdness yourself. 🙄

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What “discouragement” have you seen?  Blacklisted or outted for something less than FANTASTIC? (Yeah, the ladies spread the word.  She’s no longer here.). Just how many negative reviews have you written, Joe?

At least TOB allows NoShow reviews.  Another popular board says, “No session - No review!”

Actually I’m not trying to be argumentative. You’ve  known me long enough to know I don’t shy away so we can put an end to that assumption. 

Up until recently I didn’t write reviews. In fact I hated the review system. I felt people lied about common things like smoking, accurate pictures, age...you name it. So I felt I got burned. And this was starting out so trying to do my diligence and build my creds up and since this isn’t a cheap dalliance I wanted to be sure before making contact.  When the sites started going away I figured I’d write a few for the ladies I’d seen which were all positive so there’s my answer for that. (I was also deciding whether to keep my p411 so the reviews here help establish beyond that) I don’t chastise anyone for writing or not writing. That’s just the simplest reason. 

As for the discouragement you mean to tell me you’ve never seen anyone say something along the lines of “I don’t write bad reviews and if someone does then they’re just being a dick”? Or don’t write bad reviews because it can hurt the ladies bottom dollar? Or the “maybe she’s having an off day so see her again but don’t write a bad review until you’ve sat on it and even then maybe don’t write a bad review”? Like there’s several subtle and not so subtle ways the board makes it clear they don’t want people to write reviews. 

And as for @ilovewomen I stated I was being devil’s advocate and literally said it’s all speculation across the board so it doesn’t really matter. You just post “facts” but don’t actually back them up. I was looking for a very direct answer to your post. That’s not argumentative. That’s just being thorough. And if you don’t like it; tough shit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by JoDoe27

you should definitely feel free to write a negative review. if it was challenged / investigated, you should have received an email and message about it asking you to respond so that admin could make a decision based on the information they have available. really serious issues should be reported to admin directly right away.

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Last thing! Review and rate threads I typically avoid because I always felt I couldn’t comment on them. I can’t say why a lady charges what she does or even begin to guess about the rates they set so that was out of my wheelhouse. I didn’t post in the review threads because I didn’t write them and so, again felt I wasn’t entitled to speak on it. And even now I’m not going full tilt on the subject because there’s no point and I don’t have enough written to do so but I can actually speak on what I’ve read posted in these threads. 

Since none of us in this thread are the board owner, or even authorized moderators, we don’t have FACTs.  All we can do is speculate.  My story about the origins of TOB is 3 owners back, though #2 was part of the original group.  The Whisperer entity was created when #2 wanted to step down. Who is that masked person?  

T.O. often said that this was a client-centric board, boldly!  That being said, he seemed to use fair judgement when there was a dispute.  Under Gina’s management that remained mostly true, but with a gentler hand to keep the ladies participating.  IDK what The Whisperer’s positions is, but it seems to be fairly balanced.

20 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

Thats my question. 

If a provider gets a review and disagrees with the review, or wants it removed, she can post a rebuttal. If it is not responded to by the person that posted the review, within 48 hours, the review is then removed.

53 minutes ago, Elle Blake said:

If a provider gets a review and disagrees with the review, or wants it removed, she can post a rebuttal. If it is not responded to by the person that posted the review, within 48 hours, the review is then removed.

I didn't know that. I knew ladies could rebut bad reviews, but I didn't realize that review would then be removed if the reviewer didn't respond to the rebuttal. Interesting.

12 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I didn't know that. I knew ladies could rebut bad reviews, but I didn't realize that review would then be removed if the reviewer didn't respond to the rebuttal. Interesting.

I didn't know that either 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Ding Ding Ding!

Elle, thank you soooo much!

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

Lots of comments and discussion on this one.

All I wanted was THE answer to my question.

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

Yep. This is true.  If you don’t check TOB regularly or are out of town for a few days and the 48 hrs passes, then even the most accurate Negative Review gets pulled.