gnarley_boy12

Lyft or Uber

19 posts in this topic

Which is the least expensive Lyft or Uber?

Best service? Know area probably makes a difference. Boulder/North Denver area.

Different prices at different times. I check both each time I need a ride. It varies each time, and not just by area. 

I like LYFT drivers better and Hunter is right, different prices at different times

They are both about the same and pay their drivers the same and have the same policies. 

I find that Uber passengers tend to be a better class of passenger IMO (less problem passenger) and better tippers..

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Different prices at different times. I check both each time I need a ride. It varies each time, and not just by area. 

Thanks!!

The times I've used them, Uber always had more drivers near me. Guess who I used?!? ;)

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

The times I've used them, Uber always had more drivers near me. Guess who I used?!? ;)

Lyft? 😂

As a driver for both, keep in mind, 90% drive for both at the same time, so often, the mood or treatment by the driver could simply be a fluke, or a passing moment. Depending on the day, I might do 15 rides, whereas I might start off the day in a great mood, one crummy rider can ruin my day, and unfortunately set the tone for the rest of the riders.

As a driver, until recently, I always had a preference towards Lyft, rather than Uber, solely from the standpoint that Lyft's customer service, both to the driver and rider has been much better. However in the last year, that has changed, and often times they are equal. But, I would say that the last 6 rides that I've had issues with, Lyft took care of them much quicker.

The going rates vary constantly, both apps can change the price within a few minutes, depending on demand and available drivers. I've sometimes been in areas where there are a dozen Uber drivers and the price will be low, and no Lyft drivers signed in, and the rates will rise, and vice versa. 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:18 PM, pfunk said:

Yellow Cab !!!   ;)

Just wish there was a number to call if there is a problem, you have to email them and it takes them a day to get back with you

Lyft!!

I had so many issues with uber! I was instructed to walk a block down across a busy street to meet their drivers? Same thing with drop off location coming back home. Not in front of my house?

The final straw was last year. Typed the address of the Stapleton A-line station, to the airport. I get dropped off at the Peoria station instead? When I came back from my trip. I got on the uber app and tried to get a vehicle. I was instructed that my credit card on file was expired? Which it was still valid for another 2 years!? Had to add a new card. I was then instructed to walk 3 blocks to the meeting point????? This was all taking place in Nov after 11 at night, cold and dark. As I was walking to my meet up location, with a block to go with my luggage. The driver drove slowly next to me and rolled down her window asking me if I was Parker. 

It was a complete nightmare from the get go! And to continue the insult. Reaching Uber's customer service is close to fu#*ing impossible!!!!!!! I never was able to find their email address. 

Edited by parkercole

4 hours ago, parkercole said:

Lyft!!

I had so many issues with uber! I was instructed to walk a block down across a busy street to meet their drivers? Same thing with drop off location coming back home. Not in front of my house?

The final straw was last year. Typed the address of the Stapleton A-line station, to the airport. I get dropped off at the Peoria station instead? When I came back from my trip. I got on the uber app and tried to get a vehicle. I was instructed that my credit card on file was expired? Which it was still valid for another 2 years!? Had to add a new card. I was then instructed to walk 3 blocks to the meeting point????? This was all taking place in Nov after 11 at night, cold and dark. As I was walking to my meet up location, with a block to go with my luggage. The driver drove slowly next to me and rolled down her window asking me if I was Parker. 

It was a complete nightmare from the get go! And to continue the insult. Reaching Uber's customer service is close to fu#*ing impossible!!!!!!! I never was able to find their email address. 

You get the cheaper rate if you meet them at a meeting point , same if they drop you off away from you point of destination, although most will probably take you there

I find that the majority of passengers who will complain about pickup and dropoff locations are the ones who request Uber Pool Express.  This is where I meet you at a certain corner and dropoff you off at a certain corner.  They request Uber Pool Express because they are either too cheap to pay the extra to have me drive right to their door and dropoff at their door or they just don't pay attention in the app when they are requesting a ride.

slowly starting to understand how the Uber Lyft works I downloaded both apps over the summer they’re a lifesaver  and game changer for me! I will use them for Surgery and emergency  needs at night! 

I like Lyft because you can schedule a ride, even days in advance.

2 hours ago, eatu55 said:

Just to let you know, even when you schedule a ride in advance, drivers aren’t notified about your ride request until right before you want to be picked up. Uber and Lyft will notify the driver that is the closest when it time for you to be picked up.

3 hours ago, eatu55 said:

When it works

On 10/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

Lyft? 😂

Metro Taxi ? Lol! 

I take Lyft now they hooked up with Hilton and get points for each ride and the points go on your Hilton Rewards act