Not a DIG on TOB

28 posts in this topic

I feel it's best for me at this time to head out. I am not saying anything poorly on anyone here. Just feel that is the best solution for me personally. I wish everyone the best!! I did also disable my PM's here, so I'm not ignoring anyone, just don't feel TOB is personally right for me.  

Be safe, be kind, be generous!!

Never used Eccie. I hear the girls there are easy. :cool:. Might need to check it out

Damn. While the girls might be easy, the ECCIE site is not. Figuring it out looks like a part time job. Guess I will have to up my game if I wanna hang with the cool kids.:(

Spice, i hate to see you go!  The drama and BS is at an all time high. We are all grown ass adults...act accordingly.  

The hobby should be fun and lighthearted.  Real life has enough struggles, this should be a place where we can all escape for a little bit.

Sincerely,

One frustrated hooktard

Eccie is not a big board for denver. If it was great for business in Denver the ladies would not pay to advertise here. As it is free to advertise there.  

All the inquiries that are received from Eccie are usually asking for a visit to Dallas or the surrounding area. 

Edited by Kandi Apple

Lately the FUD has been at an all time high on TOB and the board is no longer fun, informative or entertaining.

Way too much drama.

The board needs to get back to it's roots and become a place where everyone is welcome.

Ladies being threatened, sky is falling posts...it all too much.

This community needs to work together.

4 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Lately the FUD has been at an all time high on TOB and the board is no longer fun, informative or entertaining.

Way too much drama.

The board needs to get back to it's roots and become a place where everyone is welcome.

Hard to find fault with your reasoning here. Let's hope the mods are listening and willing to step in when necessary and take appropriate action to make the site what we'd like it to be before more people give up and leave.

TOB has always been a board for stirring up the emotions of posters. You ask and you will receive good & bad responses. Everyone on here is entitled to their own opinion. 

Some just do not like it.

This is why a lot of ladies just avoid the forum's and stick to advertising only.

3 hours ago, SpiceInCo said:

I feel it's best for me at this time to head back to ECCIE. I am not saying anything poorly on anyone here. Just feel that is the best solution for me personally. I wish everyone the best!! I did also disable my PM's here, so I'm not ignoring anyone, just don't feel TOB is personally right for me.  

Hate to see you go, you know I will see you on Eccie, lol. 

3 hours ago, SpiceInCo said:

I feel it's best for me at this time to head back to ECCIE. I am not saying anything poorly on anyone here. Just feel that is the best solution for me personally. I wish everyone the best!! I did also disable my PM's here, so I'm not ignoring anyone, just don't feel TOB is personally right for me.  

Best wishes there. But at around half dozen posts per week it is like church on Saturday night. Only quieter. Miss you already.

As Kandi stated, ECCIE is not big for the Colorado section (yet), but don't think for a second that ECCIE doesn't have drama.  I'm sure EVERY board or site is strife with drama.  I agree with Laci, this should be a place for entertainment and fun.  Contribute when you want/can and don't read the posts you don't want to.  I disagree that it's the mods responsibility to make this place run smoothly, I think that job lies with us! (Tony Robbins or Matt Foley inspirational post has ended)!

7 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

As Kandi stated, ECCIE is not big for the Colorado section (yet), but don't think for a second that ECCIE doesn't have drama.  I'm sure EVERY board or site is strife with drama.  I agree with Laci, this should be a place for entertainment and fun.  Contribute when you want/can and don't read the posts you don't want to.  I disagree that it's the mods responsibility to make this place run smoothly, I think that job lies with us! (Tony Robbins or Matt Foley inspirational post has ended)!

I just spent 4 months hanging out on ECCIE/SoTX.  If you think TOB is full of drama, you have no idea.  Kind of reminds me of the flame wars we had on TOB 1.0, back when we just broke from SoWet.  But most of the SoTX drama was between the guys while the ladies stayed out of view. I have looked at a few threads (Check the ALERT section) of ECCIE/Denver; there the drama is between the ladies.

And as others have pointed out, ECCIE/Denver is {crickets}.

3 hours ago, Laci French-2940 said:

We are all grown ass adults...act accordingly.  

Coming from someone as carefree and fun-loving as Laci, this is a brutal scolding.  But she is right on. All this bickering is a real boner-killer.

And Spice, for a person as socially oriented as you seem to be, announcing that you are leaving the most popular posting forum in your town for a much less popular one would seem to be a poor strategy.

I've been in contract negotiations with unions.  The best tactic is to frustrate your vocal opponents enough that they get up and walk away from the table.  After that, you can negotiate with the more reasonable parties.  And the hotheads lose out because no one is representing them any longer.

Certain boards are popular in certain areas because they were first to the market there.  That is going to be a huge disadvantage for a newcomer to an area to overcome.  Boards are going to succeed or fail based upon the perceived value they add to both clients and providers.  This battle for customers will be won on the basis of features, useability, number and type of people posting, and the usefulness of the content. I can guaran-damn-tee it will NOT be won on the basis of which side in the "hooker-wars" each board chooses.  The owners of both sites are not idiots.  They know this.

If you have been around the hobby long enough, you will hear stories of bad things happening to both providers and clients.  Getting one side or another of squabbling people banned from posting may make the "winning" side feel better temporarily, but it will do nothing to dispell the nasty behind-the-scenes tricks.  THAT is where your focus needs to be if you truly want to end this.

If you want to know how much of an impact you will have with this action, stick your finger in a glass of water, and then examine the size of the hole you leave when you pull it out.  Instead, I urge you continue to post on both sites. Peacefully but forcefully express your opinions.

And for cripes sake.  Lets all go out and get laid.

43 minutes ago, BigBaldBlk said:

Here's where reasonable people can disagree and perhaps  my intention was misunderstood when you read my post referencing the mods. Which would be my fault for not being more clear as to what I was intending.

In a perfect world we should all be able to check ourselves without interference from the mods. However, that hasn't been the case recently and the board has digressed into fear mongering, paranoia and constant baiting from trolls. When the proverbial substance hits the well known electrical appliance it's time for the voice of reason to step in and clean it up within the guidelines set forth by the site rules and regs. Otherwise, we are left with chaos, personal attacks and eventually irrelevance when our members seek guidance and in it's absence, leave for other sites.

11 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Here's where reasonable people can disagree and perhaps  my intention was misunderstood when you read my post referencing the mods. Which would be my fault for not being more clear as to what I was intending.

In a perfect world we should all be able to check ourselves without interference from the mods. However, that hasn't been the case recently and the board has digressed into fear mongering, paranoia and constant baiting from trolls. When the proverbial substance hits the well known electrical appliance it's time for the voice of reason to step in and clean it up within the guidelines set forth by the site rules and regs. Otherwise, we are left with chaos, personal attacks and eventually irrelevance when our members seek guidance and in it's absence, leave for other sites.

If you post your opinions they'll be critiqued.Hazard of internet posting. I don't see the fear mongering. I see a post about don't share your info. Not bad advice. I've seen other posts saying screen your clients. Not bad advice. Is that what people call fear mongering now? Jesus, grow some balls and/or ovaries. People online don't receive information. They give it. And they demand you agree. Another poster doesn't agree with your post? Must be a troll. Don't want to argue online? Easy, don't. No one forces anyone to click reply. Mods can ban 50 "trolls" and tomorrow 51 will show up. That's how internet forums are. This is OP's 2nd good bye post in 2 weeks. Last time didn't last a day. Folks that want to leave do. Folks that don't, they post good bye threads. This is how it is on forums- Bodybuilding, ToB, Eccie, TER, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Myspace, Usenet- all of them, through out time. Can't even blame it on Eternal September. 

News for everyone: You can't control other people's posts. You can control your own. 

26 minutes ago, jj254 said:

This is how it is on forums- Bodybuilding, ToB, Eccie, TER, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Myspace, Usenet- all of them, through out time. Can't even blame it on Eternal September. 

Exactly. And by comparison to many, this place is pretty civilized. Maybe too civilized....

That's it. I quit. I'm out. This place is too fucking nice for a wild man like me. :cool:

Oh, and by the way, the teddy bear dude, who made fun of my little dick and gave me neg rep, go get stuffed. :cool:

Edited by Raoul
cuz i fell like it, wanna start something?

Seems like you're defending an individual poster when I was referring to the overall tenor of the board the past few weeks. As for growing a pair of balls goes...I guess I left my will to fight in the desert when I left active duty after seeing all the carnage and destruction I could stand in a lifetime. I come on this site for information and support in this wonderful thing we call a "hobby" not to virtual fight with anyone with an opinion that differs from mine.

For those who have never had to be subjected to an onslaught of bullying and having their very real distress called "drama" in an effort to not "kill boners," it's easy to say EVERYTHING  that's not all sunshine and blowjobs and "what's your fave pos-ish'?" Type posts are too intense.  Not wishing to see any discussions get heavy is a personal preference, which we are all welcome to prefer (or not)...

What happened in this case however, is entirely too much speculation and inflammatory mudslinging that the majority of these men here are recognizing as redundant word vomit. I think it's well established at this point that "this chick" is a slag, and "that chick" is a bsc slut-saboteur. We get it. The claws are out and high school is apparently still in session. Except that it's been like 15 years since I bothered engaging girls in this tendency to tear each other down. It's just a very lonely and very unsavory habit to try to convince the boys we want that our enemies are all a bunch of bitches and hoes. Stahp it already! 

Reiterating the same points in multiple threads and naming names based purely on high running emotions is not helpful to ANY of us who are trying to be taken seriously and use logical strings of words to express OUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with an individual topic. Letting emotions dictate what us ladies put down as OUR WORDS, IN WRITING, ON YOUR OWN (essentially)  community board, is exactly why ANY kind of less than lighthearted post is immediately called "hooker wars" or "catfighting."  It's hard to take repeated little and loud, back and forth complaints aimed at one person seriously.  If some of these chicks would say their piece in a well written and linear fashion, and say it exactly *ONCE* then maybe they could have their words regarded as something substantial and not just a bunch of boring fodder that sounds a lot like what they said yesterday.

Keep it movin, keep it fresh...any true "bad bitch" knows that's how you do it. 

6 minutes ago, MrBigShot said:

Seems like you're defending an individual poster when I was referring to the overall tenor of the board the past few weeks. As for growing a pair of balls goes...I guess I left my will to fight in the desert when I left active duty after seeing all the carnage and destruction I could stand in a lifetime. I come on this site for information and support in this wonderful thing we call a "hobby" not to virtual fight with anyone with an opinion that differs from mine.

I started out in Bosnia. Few years later, I did my first of 2 Iraq tours. Interrupted them with a year in Afghanistan. Essayons. Not gonna boo hoo for what you saw or did. I got stories for days. But these people screaming FUD FUD I quit I quit is just white noise. Can't take a punch? Don't box. Easy peasy. Now in true internet fashion - Tits or GTFO.

Thank you for your service, brother! Would love to share those stories some day over a beer.

My time in 'Nam changed many attitudes regarding life.  I often think that we Americans do not know how lucky we are. 

My thanks to all who have served. 

2 hours ago, Raoul said:

Exactly. And by comparison to many, this place is pretty civilized. Maybe too civilized....

That's it. I quit. I'm out. This place is too fucking nice for a wild man like me. :cool:

Oh, and by the way, the teddy bear dude, who made fun of my little dick and gave me neg rep, go get stuffed. :cool:

Teddy bear dude here!  Can't help you with your little dick, but I can tell you I am stuffed to the brim already, that is why I am drinking copious amounts of beer to compact said stuffing!  Bring it on you sword swallowing, non-reviewing neanderthal!  Cuddling shill out biatches!  :o

7 hours ago, Laci French-2940 said:

Spice, i hate to see you go!  The drama and BS is at an all time high. We are all grown ass adults...act accordingly.  

The hobby should be fun and lighthearted.  Real life has enough struggles, this should be a place where we can all escape for a little bit.

Sincerely,

One frustrated hooktard

Lovely Laci, I completely agree with you. 

Spice, I am truly sorry to see you leave this playpen.  And I understand that, at times, this playpen does not seem too playful.  I will miss your posts.  I will miss the "fresh air" you brought to the forum.  Laci really expressed my sentiments.  Real life has enough challenges.  For me, this is about fun, some escape and the chance to meet some nice people (especially the ladies) and exchange views on topics that don't make my brain hurt, especially things sexual.  I know I said this in another post, but I thought this hobby and this board were supposed to be about adult play, done in respectful manner with a large dose of humor included.  Any of us can get "beat on" enough in the real world.  For me, this part of the world is supposed to lighten the load of life, not add to the load.  I've got enough baggage of my own to carry and don't want more unnecessary baggage from this hobby.  I don't get tearing people down.  Anybody can tear someone down.  I prefer to spend time and energy with people who build one another up...people who understand that we all have "warts" and find skillful ways to enjoy one another..."warts" and all.

I wish you nothing but the best, wherever you land. And if you come visit here again, it will bring a smile to my face (and another reaction somewhere else on m body).  Take care.

The most drama I've found on eccie is getting signed in. It never takes my password. I change it and it works a few times and then doesn't. If you want real drama try tna. They make tob look like a lid dies playground. They are mostly for the northwest where I used to spend a lot of time. 

On 4/12/2016 at 10:44 AM, Laci French-2940 said:

Sincerely,

One frustrated hooktard

On 4/12/2016 at 11:10 AM, ilovewomen said:

Way too much drama.

Not sure where this feeling of FUD is at an all time high on the current version of this board. Personally, I'm finding this board much more congenial than the old TOB where flamers and ranters seemed to be at every corner and post. Of course, this may be due posters receiving angry pm's  here. 

On 4/12/2016 at 1:52 PM, Bit Banger said:

I just spent 4 months hanging out on ECCIE/SoTX.  If you think TOB is full of drama, you have no idea.  Kind of reminds me of the flame wars we had on TOB 1.0, back when we just broke from SoWet.  But most of the SoTX drama was between the guys while the ladies stayed out of view. I have looked at a few threads (Check the ALERT section) of ECCIE/Denver; there the drama is between the ladies.

And as others have pointed out, ECCIE/Denver is {crickets}.

Agree with Bit, I've seen a lot more drama and flaming on eccie.net than I've seen on any versions of the board here.

Edited by amcbl1
additional content and grammar correction

Obviously I missed the drama on a post noted in another thread.

That being said, I stand by my assertion that this board is generally friendlier than many others I've encountered.

Edited by amcbl1

Yes, I saw that. However, in general, I still say flaming and personal attacks are not the norm here.