Boardmember

Awkward question.... (looking for provider reponses, too)

22 posts in this topic

To a provider: "You wouldn't happened to have previously been <insert former provider name..."

I know ladies change names for various reasons some benign and those are usually accompanied by "FKA" or such. Other times the same lady's name will vary from their ad to their P411 account to a web page. But, I do know of a couple of providers who had issues with clients and went UTR in terms of ads and posting and such. (A couple who kept in contact with me, even went so far as to delete there P411 accounts.)

So, is it just a complete no-no to ask? I'm not looking to upset anyone and I would expect a simple, "Sorry no" would be a adequate response true or not. And if you do want to be a different persona (which is cool, I suppose) it might be helpful if there are enough similarities with the old one that goobs like me are asking about a connection to then move farther away from old practices?

8 hours ago, Boardmember-2460 said:

To a provider: "You wouldn't happened to have previously been <insert former provider name..."

I know ladies change names for various reasons some benign and those are usually accompanied by "FKA" or such. Other times the same lady's name will vary from their ad to their P411 account to a web page. But, I do know of a couple of providers who had issues with clients and went UTR in terms of ads and posting and such. (A couple who kept in contact with me, even went so far as to delete there P411 accounts.)

So, is it just a complete no-no to ask? I'm not looking to upset anyone and I would expect a simple, "Sorry no" would be a adequate response true or not. And if you do want to be a different persona (which is cool, I suppose) it might be helpful if there are enough similarities with the old one that goobs like me are asking about a connection to then move farther away from old practices?

Why even ask? If she''s changed her name, she doesn't want to be associated with the old name. Unless she was a thief, liar, or cheat, why do you want  to know? Curiosity? I'm baffled by this question. :confused:

I don't see why you shouldn't just come out and ask the lady in question.  I mean as long as you do so in private (not on the forum or FaceBook LOL) The way I see it is if there was some super top secret reason that she has changed identities then she would have moved away or made it much less obvious for folks to recognize her.  IMO  I would just come on out and ask her.  xoxo

This is a great question.  I am glad it was asked.  I think you should come right out and ask if you have any qualms or suspicion about a provider.  

One instance jumps right out.  There was a provider whose name was, lets just call her Bat Shit Crazy, who was on the Self Review list as being banned.  She changed her name to I AM Really Crazy, to throw off the posse after her sullied reputation became well know.  When she showed up at my work place after a bad review and I refused to take the money she offered to keep quiet, she changed her name a third time to Really- I Am Not Crazy,   which she continued to work. 

To those who are "Baffled" by this question, consider not all providers are kind or have good intentions. (Does Katie Creme come to mind as a second example)?

let sleeping dogs lie. when providers change names or disappear it's best to leave well enough alone. there is no formal announcement for a reason.

4 minutes ago, inkspot said:

This is a great question.  I am glad it was asked.  I think you should come right out and ask if you have any qualms or suspicion about a provider.  

One instance jumps right out.  There was a provider whose name was, lets just call her Bat Shit Crazy, who was on the Self Review list as being banned.  She changed her name to I AM Really Crazy, to throw off the posse after her sullied reputation became well know.  When she showed up at my work place after a bad review and I refused to take the money she offered to keep quiet, she changed her name a third time to Really- I Am Not Crazy,   which she continued to work. 

To those who are "Baffled" by this question, consider not all providers are kind or have good intentions. (Does Katie Creme come to mind as a second example)?

Pfunk did also add an "unless she is _____" in his post. You're just kind of aggressively agreeing. The OP also didn't mention anything about qualms or suspicion you went right to the negative aspect.

You know what else I remember about said BSC provider? The site that was created by who only knows what listed her real name and all of her personal info. People who use the BSC crazy providers are often using them to be even uglier in return. Katie Creme was always obvious and every attempt she made was smeared can you honestly blame her for all the changes? Those carrying the pitchforks are always a bigger problem. Those are also really old examples and not indicative of the current and larger population.

There are too many people that think they're owed some sort of information or that they really have some valid opinion. Unless you have been directly affected by these people you really have no right to interfere. The bad providers will always weed themselves out there is no reason to bash them publicly and try to shame them away.

I used to think bad providers who changed their names gave the rest of us a bad name but they don't. Their reputations and attitudes come to the surface rather quickly. It's those that carry pitchforks and perpetuate that make it worse. It makes it really hard for providers to redefine themselves for any reason. Stalkers and scary clients are probably the biggest catalyst for name changes from "known" providers. But that is rarely a concern when we want to know why someone changed their name or who they used to be.

I'll answer... I recently changed my name. I was not/am not trying to hide anything from the community. I thought I was fairly blatant and transparent with my photos etc. My reasons are rather personal, and simply a change in marketing. I don't mind being asked about it. I can see very valid reasons why a lady would make changes, and does not wish to be identified or asked about it. I guess I don't have a good overall answer, but can only answer for myself. Although it's natural to wonder, It would probably be best to leave it alone and allow discretion if you can not easily identify the answer for yourself. 

11 hours ago, Boardmember-2460 said:

You can always get information on a name change through back back-channel. don't be afraid to ask around for answers to your questions. just like reviews the more we communicate the better. many guys here have some great information they can't communicate on the forum for obvious reasons. as always it will be up to you in deciding what is fact and fiction, not all back-channel is true you will find some fiction. 

2 hours ago, inkspot said:

2 hours ago, inkspot said:

I know right where your coming from inkspot. That is pretty shitty of her to show up at your job. They showed up at my 20 year old daughter's place of employment to scare me. She is not even in the business. I would ask about the name change. This is why I tell all you guys not never give out your real name and get p411 account hobby email and hobby phone. Never tell any one where you work. I think its ok to ask. Otherwise what happens if provider shows up you never wanted to see again? Or what if she's bat shit crazy and you don't want anything to do with her... I would ask about the name change. If she is an honest person, she won't be upset with the question. Now the flip side: The problem with this is, there are some providers who do have good intentions, and are trying to hide from someone or because the market changes. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

"A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet" (Shakespeare).

If this is true... Then why would there be any need to know if they used another name or not if you already know you will enjoy their company?

I don't see how it would offend anyone to ask. However if you choose to ask it may spook her enough to cut off all communication with you. On the other hand she could simply say "Yeah. I got tired of that old persona so I changed names to be someone new.

Slippery Slope there lol.

To ask, or not to ask, that is the question lol (stuck on Shakespeare today aren't I lol)

Sometimes providers that change names loose touch with clients, because they don't send out a notification to their clients, lol, who would send out any first form of communication to a client? Not me.

We just assume that our clients might know our body type, maybe we will get lucky enough to see our favorite clients again, etc. In my case, name change had happened for two reasons, I got tired of being called my past name, and for more discretion on my end for the people who knew me in everyday life. I must add, that if a gal changes her name it's not always because she "is bat shit crazy", I had fantastic reviews ALWAYS, I just needed more privacy... As I decided I decided my real life was more important than the hobby ;). 

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Pfunk did also add an "unless she is _____" in his post. You're just kind of aggressively agreeing. The OP also didn't mention anything about qualms or suspicion you went right to the negative aspect.

You know what else I remember about said BSC provider? The site that was created by who only knows what listed her real name and all of her personal info. People who use the BSC crazy providers are often using them to be even uglier in return. Katie Creme was always obvious and every attempt she made was smeared can you honestly blame her for all the changes? Those carrying the pitchforks are always a bigger problem. Those are also really old examples and not indicative of the current and larger population.

There are too many people that think they're owed some sort of information or that they really have some valid opinion. Unless you have been directly affected by these people you really have no right to interfere. The bad providers will always weed themselves out there is no reason to bash them publicly and try to shame them away.

I used to think bad providers who changed their names gave the rest of us a bad name but they don't. Their reputations and attitudes come to the surface rather quickly. It's those that carry pitchforks and perpetuate that make it worse. It makes it really hard for providers to redefine themselves for any reason. Stalkers and scary clients are probably the biggest catalyst for name changes from "known" providers. But that is rarely a concern when we want to know why someone changed their name or who they used to be.

Well dang it...now I feel left out of the loop cuz I have no clue who y'all are talking about/referring to....LOL Just kidding...kinda :/ xox

26 minutes ago, Mazie Scott said:

Sometimes providers that change names loose touch with clients, because they don't send out a notification to their clients, lol, who would send out any first form of communication to a client? Not me.

We just assume that our clients might know our body type, maybe we will get lucky enough to see our favorite clients again, etc. In my case, name change had happened for two reasons, I got tired of being called my past name, and for more discretion on my end for the people who knew me in everyday life. I must add, that if a gal changes her name it's not always because she "is bat shit crazy", I had fantastic reviews ALWAYS, I just needed more privacy... As I decided I decided my real life was more important than the hobby ;). 

^^This^^

6 hours ago, pfunk said:

Why even ask? If she''s changed her name, she doesn't want to be associated with the old name. Unless she was a thief, liar, or cheat, why do you want  to know? Curiosity? I'm baffled by this question. :confused:

Because I'm not sure if it is the provider I'd seen previously -- only once unfortunately -- and would like to again.

5 hours ago, inkspot said:

Nope, no negative suspicions at all. She was / is smart and sweet. Very nice, interesting. So, I just really liked here personality and our time visiting was great, but she went offline right after we met & didn't get a chance to meet again, so that's all.

I think you can respectfully and privately ask. Many people in this hobby change identities, men and women. Each has his/her own reasons, so I think it's nothing to be surprised of if suddenly you see her with another name.

On 11/22/2015, 12:31:46, Boardmember-2460 said:

A Rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. Also, a provider who changes her name does not change the services she provides, her attitude or her looks. IMHO it's entirely appropriate to ask in a PM, email,via text or a phone call and not okay to ask in a public forum. After all, the YL has her reasons for the change and a right to do so.

3 hours ago, MisterBigShot said:

A Rose by any other name would still smell as sweet. Also, a provider who changes her name does not change the services she provides, her attitude or her looks.

This is not always the case. I have known several providers who offered FBSM in one persona and FS in another. I have also known a provider with a different name for each advertising venue; helped her keep track of where her $s were working the hardest.  

5 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

This is not always the case. I have known several providers who offered FBSM in one persona and FS in another. I have also known a provider with a different name for each advertising venue; helped her keep track of where her $s were working the hardest.  

YMMV depending on ad...? I was making a point about the aforementioned provider with the initials K C with various aliases that no matter who she pretended to be, was still not a good provider and almost every review reflected her poor service/attitude. Glad to know there are others who have changed their name yet provided different service(s) for other reasons than poor reviews and lack of a regular client base. Again, thanks for pointing out that names change sometimes and even the services provided can also change depending on the venue of the ad, etc. but looks and attitudes, for the most part, do not.

On 11/22/2015, 12:22:49, Nikki Holiday said:

I know right where your coming from inkspot. That is pretty shitty of her to show up at your job. They showed up at my 20 year old daughter's place of employment to scare me. She is not even in the business. I would ask about the name change. This is why I tell all you guys not never give out your real name and get p411 account hobby email and hobby phone. Never tell any one where you work. I think its ok to ask. Otherwise what happens if provider shows up you never wanted to see again? Or what if she's bat shit crazy and you don't want anything to do with her... I would ask about the name change. If she is an honest person, she won't be upset with the question. Now the flip side: The problem with this is, there are some providers who do have good intentions, and are trying to hide from someone or because the market changes. 

Once again, sage advice from Nikki. Tell ut like it is girl!

On 11/22/2015, 12:31:46, Boardmember-2460 said:

Asked and received a very reasonable response. All good, as far as I can tell.

Thanks to all who replied with very interesting thoughts and suggestions. Happy Thanksgiving.