Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissy

What happened

20 posts in this topic

To the days when a guy CALLS to book an appt? I ask for No text messages Yet my wishes just aren't respected.

Is that how things have become done here in Denver? This is the first time I've posted my number online in years and after a year long sebatical... I'm just wondering in case I need to change up booking tactics:confused:

Maybe if I posted "If you text me I will post Your Text message and Phone number on National Chat Boards"

Yep I think that will put an end to it:rolleyes:

No but seriously is this something I should expect my entire visit? Or is there an App for that?

Yep. Many of the fine gentleman, as of late, want to see you but don't find our requests to be of much concern. Seeing as to how NO notice has become a thing, im pretty much sitting around in matching lingerie like the hot local single I am. And also, don't get annoyed with them about ignoring yur requests, lest you get blown off for having an "attitude." Better start being an agreeable vixen, good luck!

To the days when a guy CALLS to book an appt? I ask for No text messages Yet my wishes just aren't respected.

Is that how things have become done here in Denver?

Go easy on us. There is less oxygen at this altitude. :o

I personally find texting to be a good way to communicate given my work schedule; I'm hard to reach immediately during my 12-hour shifts but generally access my phone every 45 minutes or so to check up on e-mails or other such correspondence.

And don't worry Brandy, should I shoot you a message to schedule it'll most likely be for a couple days out. Nothin' wrong with you sitting around in lingerie, but I'll give you some time to prepare :)

Chriisy, Brandy,

I apologize on behalf of my species.

Gentlemen, is it really that difficult to pay attention to the ladies preferred means of communication? I share the ladies puzzlement.

There are areas where you may have to stand your ground, but this is not one of them.

Chriisy, Brandy,

I apologize on behalf of my species.

Gentlemen, is it really that difficult to pay attention to the ladies preferred means of communication? I share the ladies puzzlement.

There are areas where you may have to stand your ground, but this is not one of them.

From what I've seen on this board, and in real life, about half of Americans simply don't care what anyone else wants. They want what they want, right now, and damn anyone who doesn't co-operate, or help. It's their world, and we're just livin' in it!

These are the people who text us, when we ask for no texts. They write bad reviews, even though they never even booked an appointment. They complain that we can't work when they want us to. They whine like spoiled babies about difficult it is to spend their money.

Life is soooo hard for them! LOL! :)

I know I prefer text for initial contact. Like magic boots said, I too work 12 hour shifts and it's difficult to always call. But I respect a ladies request to not text her. If her Ad says no texting I skip her and move on. It really isn't that hard to find a lady that doesn't mind an initial text. I do agree that you should at least contact her by phone if you are going to agree to see her. I don't whine or cry like a baby about spending my money, but my time is something totally different. My time is hard to come by.

Is that how things have become done here in Denver? This is the first time I've posted my number online in years and after a year long sebatical... I'm just wondering in case I need to change up booking tactics:confused:

Maybe if I posted "If you text me I will post Your Text message and Phone number on National Chat Boards"

No but seriously is this something I should expect my entire visit? Or is there an App for that?

Hi Chrissy, I hope your stay here in Denver gets much better. I understand the reasoning for not wanting to except text. I too used to request no text message. However, what I have learned is, you can control the conversation during text, you can also block anyone who gets outa line.:eek: You can read between the lines. Times are changing, and sometimes it is best to give in a little, it goes a long ways.

The bright side is you end up way more appointments. Text is all about convenience. Try to look at the bright side of it. :D

The hobbyist is the one paying, so get with program and move into the 21st century. Or move in with the Amish. I don't think they even know what texts are.:cool:

I guess if you have all the client traffic you would like with just those that "respect your wishes" then by all means ignore those that don't. If you are trying to build/expand your business I would suggest bend a bit to the needs and desires of your customer. And no this is NOT one of those "I'm payin' so if I want cheap BB Greek, by gawd you need to provide it!" posts. Taking texts is a pretty minor accommodation. As to why ...... if I am at work trying to set up an appointment for that evening I can't very well call with ten co-workers in ear shot and say "this here is Stud Muffin calling for Cream Bunny for a short French lesson tonight". So sometimes text just works much better!!

From what I've seen on this board, and in real life, about half of Americans simply don't care what anyone else wants. They want what they want, right now, and damn anyone who doesn't co-operate, or help. It's their world, and we're just livin' in it!

These are the people who text us, when we ask for no texts. They write bad reviews, even though they never even booked an appointment. They complain that we can't work when they want us to. They whine like spoiled babies about difficult it is to spend their money.

Ain't that the fucking truth. are you sure it's only half? my guess was close to 95%.

WOW!!

Thank you Chrissy! You created some interesting Sat am reading. Perhaps some attitudes out there? I can't resist, here's mine.

Even thought I'm old enough to remember "nattering nabobs of negativism", I too PREFER texts. I am also old enough to realize it's no big deal. If you want a call vs a text, no biggie, I call. Wellllllll, now that I am more careful to read the post that is. Just as I finished texting a nice lady one evening I reread her ad and 'just happened to notice' it said, "no texts, call me". I immediately texted back my apology. :) She was gentle and didn't start the spanking immediately. We did have a nice text conversation.

If voice is important to you (for whatever reason), chalk it up as part of your screening or your 2 (or 3) contact set up. "call me for the address".

If you exclude customers who text, and you are sufficiently busy without them.....stick to your no text policy. Otherwise, perhaps a new look at business policies is in order. Good luck. Hope you visit is fantastic.

Hi Chrissy, I hope your stay here in Denver gets much better. I understand the reasoning for not wanting to except text. I too used to request no text message. However, what I have learned is, you can control the conversation during text, you can also block anyone who gets outa line.:eek: You can read between the lines. Times are changing, and sometimes it is best to give in a little, it goes a long ways.

The bright side is you end up way more appointments. Text is all about convenience. Try to look at the bright side of it. :D

Thanks you Nikki..I didn't approach it that way..this is the first time I've used BP in years!!! I'm just used to gents sending private messages from the board they found me on complete with screening info and references. Date time and location request . damn Texas spoiled Me! Looks like I'm making some changes:rolleyes:

WOW!!

Thank you Chrissy! You created some interesting Sat am reading. Perhaps some attitudes out there? I can't resist, here's mine.

Even thought I'm old enough to remember "nattering nabobs of negativism", I too PREFER texts. I am also old enough to realize it's no big deal. If you want a call vs a text, no biggie, I call. Wellllllll, now that I am more careful to read the post that is. Just as I finished texting a nice lady one evening I reread her ad and 'just happened to notice' it said, "no texts, call me". I immediately texted back my apology. :) She was gentle and didn't start the spanking immediately. We did have a nice text conversation.

If voice is important to you (for whatever reason), chalk it up as part of your screening or your 2 (or 3) contact set up. "call me for the address".

If you exclude customers who text, and you are sufficiently busy without them.....stick to your no text policy. Otherwise, perhaps a new look at business policies is in order. Good luck. Hope you visit is fantastic.

Now that I gotta get with the messages I think my days will be better😁😁

Just from a pure marketing perspective, I would also suggest reconsidering your views on using text. Lots of men do not like the telephone tag routine, and keep in mind much of the day (with those who work or who are with others) is not available for receiving or making calls for many hobbyists. Text probably simplifies things for many of your prospective clients.

Also, it is my experience that many people are not careful readers.

Edited by Servius
Spelling

This goes both ways, though. I've been on the road to meet a provider and trying to call from the intersection, just to be sent to voice mail followed by a text. I mean, cool, you're sitting on a bed, I'm driving a car though, pick up the phone or I'm going home.

Generally, I prefer the phone, but I'll use texts if that's what she does. It's all about having fun, so it's not really something to get worked up about.

I cannot pull out my hobby phone in a staff meeting to arrange a liaison via a voice conversation. But I can very easily send a text with an appointment request, references, & available time windows.

Now, if you wish to speak at least once prior to meeting, I can do that. But no text probably means I am moving on to the next YL.

I wish MY small business was so busy that I could exclude prospective customers based upon how they initially contact me. I congratulate you on your success.

I wish MY small business was so busy that I could exclude prospective customers based upon how they initially contact me. I congratulate you on your success.

No shit. You should be grateful to be getting contacted, not complaining that they're doing it the wrong way.

Yep, it has really changed. :(

Sorry Chrissy. It should not be that difficult.