Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keyser

Ladies, please open the door :)

27 posts in this topic

Not sure how this will be received, but in the interest of drawing less attention to ourselves...

Ladies, the longest 10 seconds of your clients life are those between when he's knocked on your door and when you answer it, especially if the housekeeping staff is anywhere on the floor (and they ALWAYS seem to be there!).

Once you get word that your client has arrived and you've given him the room number, go open the door just enough that it's unlatched so that we can simply walk in when we arrive. If there is ANYONE in the hallway (staff, other guests, etc), this looks much more natural than a guy knocking on the door and then standing there. Tell the client the door will be open and specifically instruct him not to knock.

I've now had two ladies use this approach (their idea each time) and it made a world of difference in my comfort level. The first time I was pleasantly surprised at her suggestion, the second made me hopeful it was becoming a trend.

I'm sure there are legitimate security concerns, and you would like to check us out through the peephole before opening the door, etc, but hopefully if you've screened and we've chatted you'll be comfortable with this approach. Certainly if we've seen each other before :)

Food for thought.

Most of my lady friends do this now. One of them sometimes walks me out of the hotel to the parking lot too. There were a couple who directed me back the way I came in afterwards, but after I told them it is safer to not go through the lobby twice they agreed.

What makes me nervous is the number of times I revisit the same several hotels.

What makes me nervous is the number of times I revisit the same several hotels.

I hear you, but I also think that if you can avoid looking like less than an upstanding citizen you're not attracting as much attention as you fear. I usually have a briefcase and carry on a fake phone conversation (put the phone in airplane mode so a real call coming in doesn't make you look like an idiot lol) as I walk in. Makes it less likely that staff will try to chat with you, and if you look busy, you blend in. If you look lost, you stick out.

I hear you, but I also think that if you can avoid looking like less than an upstanding citizen you're not attracting as much attention as you fear. I usually have a briefcase and carry on a fake phone conversation (put the phone in airplane mode so a real call coming in doesn't make you look like an idiot lol) as I walk in. Makes it less likely that staff will try to chat with you, and if you look busy, you blend in. If you look lost, you stick out.

So running through the lobby with a string of condoms clutched in one hand, an envelope in the other, drooling with shit-eating grin is unwise? ;)

Yeah, I set my phone on AM and talk to no one too.

So running through the lobby with a string of condoms clutched in one hand, an envelope in the other, drooling with shit-eating grin is unwise? ;)

Unless you are in Vegas...they wouldn't think much of it there. ;)

If it's someone I've met before I usually leave the latch in the door. If I know HouseKeeping is nearby I will tell them so and to make sure they "walk in like they own the joint". If you walk with your shoulders back and your head up (confidence) no one will look at you twice. If you walk with your head down trying to avoid eye contact people will watch you and wonder if you are either up to something or did you have a bad day.

If it's someone new I use the peephole and when I see them approach I try to have the door opening before they are able to knock. Not always on point with this one, but I at least try.

If it's someone new I use the peephole and when I see them approach I try to have the door opening before they are able to knock. Not always on point with this one, but I at least try.

So, I gotta ask, why the difference? Security? I can understand leaving the door locked so you can check us out through the peephole and make sure we're not wearing a hockey mask and carrying a bloody axe...but if that's the reason, what does the difference in your two methods do for you? If it's a new client and you want their arrival to appear seamless, do you really have enough time (from when you first get a distorted look at them to when you need to open the door) to make an accurate judgement about whether or not opening the door is a bad decision? Whether you leave the door open and he lets himself in, or you open the door before he even has a chance to knock, you've given up your ability to do any meaningful evaluation before you're essentially trapped in the room with him.

I'm not knocking you, sincerely looking for information and wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

So, I gotta ask, why the difference? Security? I can understand leaving the door locked so you can check us out through the peephole and make sure we're not wearing a hockey mask and carrying a bloody axe...but if that's the reason, what does the difference in your two methods do for you? If it's a new client and you want their arrival to appear seamless, do you really have enough time (from when you first get a distorted look at them to when you need to open the door) to make an accurate judgement about whether or not opening the door is a bad decision? Whether you leave the door open and he lets himself in, or you open the door before he even has a chance to knock, you've given up your ability to do any meaningful evaluation before you're essentially trapped in the room with him.

I'm not knocking you, sincerely looking for information and wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

Your question is valid and rightly so...

I'm not someone who takes screening lightly so I've already done the pre-assesment evaluation.

I have yet to have anyone enter that I've needed to ask to leave. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen...

Everything is a potential weapon in the event of personal safety.

Ladies, the longest 10 seconds of your clients life are those between when he's knocked on your door and when you answer it, especially if the housekeeping staff is anywhere on the floor (and they ALWAYS seem to be there!).

+1. Especially when you don't look like the "average guest".:cool:

I have noticed once you get the room number the lady will usually say do not knock just come in. Door is usually open.

I have noticed once you get the room number the lady will usually say do not knock just come in. Door is usually open.

I contend that there is danger on both sides of the door.

If I was a provider, I'd use the peep hole.

And I always use it if a lady arrives at my room.

I've always wondered why so many BP ads say: "No thugs" --as if it is effective just to say it.

Do thugs have some things in common that you can sense by just looking at them?

The Israeli form of the TSA talks about profiling as being one of the best screening methods.

And they've been rather effective -- of course, their announced tactic is not politically correct in the US.

So, peep-hole profiling is not a bad idea.

When security is a key concern I have another alternative: You can meet your appointment in the lobby or parking lot.

I had that done to me and I've done it with ASPs.

And it avoids that uncomfortable 10 second wait in the hall.

Ladies, the longest 10 seconds of your clients life are those between when he's knocked on your door and when you answer it

Amen. A pet peeve of mine. Open the fucking door, already.

Everything is a potential weapon in the event of personal safety.

You are paranoid.

+1. Especially when you don't look like the "average guest".:cool:

As a black dude who mostly fucks white/Euro-hookers there's an extra layer of concern for me.

When I saw a certain lady who posts frequently on this board, she gave me directions and said the door would be open, as in "make a hard right when you go in the front door -- elevators are right there." That was really welcome, because I was a ball of nerves and I thought LE would descend on me and ruin my life in a heartbeat.

You are paranoid.

I don't think Justina's being paranoid, and I echo others who say they would use the peephole too when someone they are seeing for the first time is at the door. Screening isn't perfect, so it is not good enough to ensure against surprises. I wouldn't leave my door propped open for anyone, personally. If you can't deal with the 10-second wait, you should discuss alternatives with the provider.

If a maid is in the hallway and looks at me sideways because I am knocking on a hotel room door, I would say, "My girlfriend is inside with my room key. I'm so forgetful!" Door opens, I say, "thanks honey, I hate when I forget the key." Done

I agree with the above statement.

I remember the first time I saw someone. I think she was more scared than me

I agree with the above statement.

I remember the first time I saw someone. I think she was more scared than me

I have a good laugh when I think about my first "real" experience. I was terrified! It took until a couple of weeks ago to have an experience where I thought she was as nervous than I was. I get a little better every time. I had a bit of a wind fall and have been playing a lot (for me) this month. I've met a new friend every week. Kind of feel like I'm just getting to the point where I can really enjoy it. Ask me at the end of the week. LOL

My first experience involved some door difficulty at a private shared condo.

The YL was waiting for the key to be delivered when I arrived. We stood out there talking for 15 minutes while other residents came and went until the key was dropped off.

I kept thinking how obvious it looked, me being twice her age and of a different race, and her looking so damn hot.

Apparently, we need a two-page thread for something as banal as the simple fact that a girl needs to open the door right away in order to avoid attracting attention and suspicion. Get your azz off the sofa, turn off "The Kardashians" and go wait at the door. This is not quantum physics.

If you can't do that, I suggest you get your GED and a job.

Fucking amateurs.

Apparently, we need a two-page thread for something as banal as the simple fact that a girl needs to open the door right away in order to avoid attracting attention and suspicion. Get your azz off the sofa, turn off "The Kardashians" and go wait at the door. This is not quantum physics.

If you can't do that, I suggest you get your GED and a job.

Fucking amateurs.

And this is why peepholes and the two call system are still very much needed.

And this is why ladies should wait by the door looking through the peephole.

Having the door propped open or at least watching for the guy through the peephole just always seemed like common sense to me. By doing this, it eliminates the need for knocking. The guy looks like he could be walking into his own room and at the very least that he is expected and belongs there.

Since having a private incall, I still stand at the door. I know when someone arrives before they even turn off the car.

Having the door propped open or at least watching for the guy through the peephole just always seemed like common sense to me. By doing this, it eliminates the need for knocking.

Thinking back on my experiences, ^^^ this is what made me the most comfortable when going to an incall. Dang, girl, you so smart. :D

I think you guys are over thinking this one. I've lost count of how many times I have been locked out of my own hotel rooms and have to knock and wait for my spouse open the door. What draws attention is looking suspicious. Act like you belong there and you won't have any issues.

Waiting in the parking lot is worse. Don't tell me to come until you are ready. I'm fine waiting down the street. And don't get pissed if I need to call it off after waiting 10 minutes beyond the scheduled time.

LOL: I had no idea how much angst went into this:) Seriously, I have spent literally MONTHS and MONTHS living in motels and hotels while on the road. It seems TOTALLY normal to me to walk into a motel, search for the elevator, and knock on someone's door. I have done this hundreds of times. (while on business, we OFTEN do this....I have worked on proposals until the late-nite hours with female colleagues, I have worked on programming in a hotel room with male colleagues) So I am laughing.....the couple of times I have went to an in call at a hotel, it did not EVEN OCCUR TO ME to be self-conscious....hell, I would not even be self-conscious if I asked the DESK for help....I have done it many times:) I think the key is to be confident...You are there for a REASON!

If you LOOK like you belong (and have a purpose) there is no problem....If you are freaking out and slinking along....there is going to be a problem!

During the screening process I found it useful to let them know that a quick text letting me know they are there so I can have the door open works best. That or if there's no elevator access meeting for a get to know you drink at the hotel bar is a fun way to start things off. :)

here's another take on this subject, make sure the hotel elevators are not locked out if you don't have a key. Went to visit a provider a few months back, parked on the street, dressed casually, looked like I belonged, 4 star hotel downtown. Elevators were wide open, there was a reason, when I got in and pressed the floor, it required a room key to activate. Called the provider, she said I was wrong, tried it a couple of times, same thing. Finally was able to convince ($20) the concierge that I was there to surprise a friend on his birthday, and there was no way his wife could come down and get me without her husband being suspicious.