Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

Words

76 posts in this topic

We had a discussion here lately that involved words that are offensive to others. And I did not want to hijack it., so I started this thread. Remember the old saying we learned as youngsters- the one about "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me"? Well I always thought ''bullshit" to that, I'd rather have the bruises then thew memory of some things I have had said to me. Bruises fade, bones heal, memory you keep.

With that said ; words are great little jabs at times. One I find offensive is "cunt". I don't like the sound of it, and it just makes me think of yucky old diseased pussy. Eek! *shudder*. And then on the other hand, the word "slut" which some may find offensive- I like. As in "I am a happy little slut".

So if you have one word that you find offensive, what would it be? Just the one, ultimate word that irks you.

I'll play...this may sound like a strange choice but the word "shit" I hear people saying things like he's the shirt or my least favorite "fuck the shit out of me" or I fucked the shit out of her" it just brings to mind a very gross picture. Do we all remember what shit is? it's just plain nasty

Swearing is a personal habit I have grown to dislike in myself outside of the bedroom. Trying to change with mixed results.:o

Just the one, ultimate word that irks you.

über:rolleyes:

Vagina. I don't really know why but the word just makes me uncomfortable. LOL

Vagina. I don't really know why but the word just makes me uncomfortable. LOL

Two words: man boobs. I got em and I hate em. :o

Moobs is the official term I believe. :)

or my least favorite "fuck the shit out of me" or I fucked the shit out of her" it just brings to mind a very gross picture. Do we all remember what shit is? it's just plain nasty

Guess you've never had a mishap during greek, eh? :) Trust me, that brings a whole new meaning to "fucked the shit out of her". Hahahaha. Sigh, I'm so desensitized.

I'm not a fan of 80s euphemisms for lady parts. Twat is one such word. Years ago I had a provider tell me to "shove your fat rod into my tiny little twat" and it was a total WTF moment for me...mainly because I suffer from chronic micropenis but using twat as a replacement for vagina was just silly. Coochie is another one.

Slash, bearded clam, hairy taco....such unflattering terms possibly designed by dudes for the one place they will literally pay to get into. Just seems counter productive. And a bit freaky.

I also find the word Cunt very offensive and I also do not like whore or mother fuc..er. bad connotations

I also find the word Cunt very offensive and I also do not like whore or mother fuc..er. bad connotations

At the end of 'Kill Bill,' Quenton Tarantino had Bill use the word 'cunt' almost affectionately. It made the heroine smile. What a tender moment.

Ho's, cunts, bitches.........popular entertainment (music and movies) makes these and other words seem common and friendly.

People hear these words used, are not offended by them, and then think they have the right to use them in any context. They become indignant when told it is not appropriate. They have a RIGHT, by golly, and they are going to EXERCISE that right. Witness what happened with the word 'Hooker' on this board recently. I think it is deliberately being used more frequently than it was after some of the ladies protested.

There are usually two battles being waged here.......one, on the level of respect and dignity, and the other on the level of controlling the discourse through the control of the language. One should be aware of this and always make plain his intent and his battlefield. Otherwise, his use of specific words can be interpreted wrongly, and taken as insult, when not intended.

Ultimately, the golden rule is wrong. One should instead treat others the way THEY want to be treated. What this means with regards to words is, as long as you don't have a specific reason to attempt to control language and definitions, you should always try to understand what words your audience finds offensive, and strive to avoid them. It's only polite.

My least favorite word is having a female call me Hun. Some will argue that it is a term of endearment. I find it offensive and view it as a put down especially if I have introduced myself by name.

I have cancelled more than 1 appointment after being called Hun.

My least favorite word is having a female call me Hun. Some will argue that it is a term of endearment. I find it offensive and view it as a put down especially if I have introduced myself by name.

This makes my skin crawl too.... many providers call me sweetie, hun, and other creepy and disrespectful terms of "endearment" when I'm speaking to them on the phone.

As soon as they do it, I immediately peg the person as a moron (terrible, I know) and a wall shoots up that makes me unwilling to do any favors or bend any rules for her.

Clients, have never done this to me... outside of saying "yes, ma'am" hehe. Which I don't mind, from providers or clients. ;)

My least favorite word is having a female call me Hun. Some will argue that it is a term of endearment. ...

Waitress 101 on how to turn tables in the South.

"How ya wan yur eggs, Hun?"

:P

This makes my skin crawl too.... many providers call me sweetie, hun, and other creepy and disrespectful terms of "endearment" when I'm speaking to them on the phone.

As soon as they do it, I immediately peg the person as a moron (terrible, I know) and a wall shoots up that makes me unwilling to do any favors or bend any rules for her.

Clients, have never done this to me... outside of saying "yes, ma'am" hehe. Which I don't mind, from providers or clients. ;)

I've noticed that some women don't like "ma'am". I always thought it was the polite way to address someone I didn't know. One woman said "how old do you think I am?"

I wanted to ask her if next time she would prefer "yo, bitch"

I've noticed that some women don't like "ma'am". I always thought it was the polite way to address someone I didn't know. One woman said "how old do you think I am?"

I wanted to ask her if next time she would prefer "yo, bitch"

Feel the same way av8r. I was brought up to be respectful and it is a sad shame that in this country now days some women would rather be called bitch than mam. stay away from the c word though. word I don't like anymore is fag. in high school if you got mad at some body you called them a fag.

Feel the same way av8r. I was brought up to be respectful and it is a sad shame that in this country now days some women would rather be called bitch than mam. stay away from the c word though. word I don't like anymore is fag. in high school if you got mad at some body you called them a fag.

Ma'am I only take offense to because I am too young!! :P I have never been married and I don't wear a ring so I am Miss to you! :D

I have cancelled more than 1 appointment after being called Hun.

I feel you on that one, I have always thought it seemed a little condescending.

Ma'am I only take offense to because I am too young!! :P I have never been married and I don't wear a ring so I am Miss to you! :D

I agree Luce. women younger than me should be called Miss, MS or Mrs. Got to respect their request.

at school when we were growing up we addressed all women teachers at "Ms" such as Ms. Jones, etc regardless whether they were married or not. Funny thing is some chick addressed me as Sir, the other day at college, and I was taken back, and told her not to call me that, and she was very surprised, I was pissed because that must mean I'm old, I'm older sure but not that old, lol, even though I'm just a student too. So I know how it feels.

at school when we were growing up we addressed all women teachers at "Ms" such as Ms. Jones, etc regardless whether they were married or not. Funny thing is some chick addressed me as Sir,...

When I went to school the term "Ms" had not yet been invented by the Feminist movement. It was always Mrs., Miss, or Ma'am.

As for Sir, there's always the old sergeant's admonition, "... I work for a living." :D

This is where there is a generation gap. The word Ma'am is a sign of respect to your elders. It is not saying that you're old, just respected. When I get called ma'am it is an honor IMO. To me calling someone miss means they are much younger, late teens early twenties. If a female never marries, at some point she becomes a ma'am, just sayin.

On another note I hate the "C" word, it's degrading and I use the word crotch in it's place. I hate the work Hooker as well. I do not stand on the street corner, and the word whore I just laugh and say, "at least whores make money!" Sluts give it away for free.

This is where there is a generation gap. The word Ma'am is a sign of respect to your elders. It is not saying that you're old, just respected. When I get called ma'am it is an honor IMO. To me calling someone miss means they are much younger, late teens early twenties. If a female never marries, at some point she becomes a ma'am, just sayin.

On another note I hate the "C" word, it's degrading and I use the word crotch in it's place. I hate the work Hooker as well. I do not stand on the street corner, and the word whore I just laugh and say, "at least whores make money!" Sluts give it away for free.

I don't much care for the word "cock" either. And "dick" isn't much better. But that only leaves "penis" which usually sounds too clinical.

I don't much care for the word "cock" either. And "dick" isn't much better. But that only leaves "penis" which usually sounds too clinical.

Does Tool work? man piece, schlong, wiener, fuck stick, what does sound good?

How about "meat"? That's a pretty good one...

How about "meat"? That's a pretty good one...

HA HA! Put your meat in my taco! great now I'm hungry for tacos

I too, do not like people who don't no me call me "sweetie, or hon, or baby. If it is someone I know then it's fine. But younger women, no, I find it disrespectful.

Yet at the same time, I will sometimes call my clients "darlin". without the g. I must be a little hypocrite then , huh? But when your sharing intimacy, or have shared it............. ah well, words are words. And this thread shows, words mean allot. Its the difference between, do I have a client, or don't I.

At least that's what the guys here on TOB say.

LoL, and here all this time, I thought it was our looks, our bodies that drew clients.

:P