Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brilynn303

Advice

31 posts in this topic

Ive had a client who has been seeing me since 2012.

He recently started making appointments and never shows up.

I cancel appointments with new clients to be with him and he never comes to the appointment.

. This has happened 3 or 4 times now.

I never hear from him

then a week later says he got busy at work and wants to see me that day.

I can totally understand and respect people that work hard at their jobs, but personally I do not want to lose clients over and over again.

Communication is the key fellas.

I take my art seriously.

So after 3 or 4 times can I trust he will come.?

OR is it time to break up.?

3 strikes and he's out. I'm surprised you have him that many chances to be honest.

I could accept the "busy at work" excuse maybe once. Hell that happens to everyone; but, 3 or 4 times in a row? It sounds to me like the guy is struggling with something else. Possibly guilt. Just my 2 cents....

He is costing you money and being inconsiderate. His "job" and source of income is not more important than yours. He's gone.

3 strikes and he's out. I'm surprised you have him that many chances to be honest.

Three is one too many IMO.

He is costing you money and being inconsiderate. His "job" and source of income is not more important than yours. He's gone.

+1

As others have said, once can be excused. Maybe twice. More than that....dump his ass.

No 3 strikes....you are better than me. 2 long-time regulars starting dicking around on my time and cancelling sometimes within 30mins of meeting or ncns and for both of them I blocked them from contacting me (by phone) after 2 chances each and they began emailing me and eventually stopped after getting the hint. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me .... 2 chances is all they get without either 1. compensating you for previous appts they flaked on (because you imo lost money two-fold....money to be made from their appt and money you cancelled on without enough notice to re-book them because of the time-wasting client) or 2. requiring a full deposit based on past behavior for any future appts. They'll stop trying to bother you which imo is fine because a timewaster is NOT making you money anyways or they will pay up and stop acting like c*nts.

So...ignore further contact from him or tell him pay up up-front.

I cancel appointments with new clients to be with him and he never comes to the appointment.

I never hear from him

I can totally understand and respect people that work hard at their jobs, but personally I do not want to lose clients over and over again.

I take my art seriously.

I'd say you can trust that he will come. You just can't trust that he will come while seeing you ;). (Just trying to put a smile on a situation you are right to be annoyed about.)

I agree with what the others have said. I would not give as many chances as you have. I do have one idea though. If you enjoy seeing him, and you two have a nice time when he does show up, you might offer to have him send his donation ahead of time to secure his appointment time. That may give him some incentive to be responsible with his time. I think I would be to the point of irritation, to where I would not be able to enjoy myself. Just an option to consider though. Stay sweet.

Not a problem....hope things start looking up. You teach people how to treat you :).

a lot of repeat clients do that not only that but they short change you, if you have given them a discount for being more regular than stop and you tell them your price is the regular price they get miffed or stop coming to see you. They want you to give them freebies you have to be nurse maid to their dicks (inside problem)

All sorts of problems arise with repeat or regulars.

He won't stop doing it so you have to decide if he is worth the headache

a lot of repeat clients do that not only that but they short change you, if you have given them a discount for being more regular than stop and you tell them your price is the regular price they get miffed or stop coming to see you. They want you to give them freebies you have to be nurse maid to their dicks (inside problem)

He won't stop doing it so you have to decide if he is worth the headache

Interesting. I would have thought that you ladies would appreciate regular clients. You don't have to screen, and you know what to expect going into the session, and they would be a steady source of business.

Instead, all the providers posting here have trouble with regulars and don't want them.

Well, there's another misconception I had about this hobby. It's too bad, too. I think I have found a provider I really like seeing. But if the ladies don't want regular customers, I don't want to go where I'm not wanted.

There are a lot of things about this business I will never understand.

When a regular client feels that he is entitled to extra time, more menu items, discounts etc, he then becomes a liability and is not welcome.

I have had to have the chat with a couple of my regulars about some of the above. And I did not care if they got butt hurt and stomped off after thinking they were again, entitled to whatever they saw fit for seeing me.

Good regulars don't pull that crap. And ladies it is up to you to say something if it bothers you. Some guys can be very reasonable and not realize they are starting to take advantage.

Not wanting regulars confuses me too. Every business that I know works hard for repeat business.

Back to the question.

If you enjoy the guy just tell him your concerns and let him back in your schedule with prepay only.

If he is just another trick then have him make up your lost income and buy back into your good graces.

Not wanting regulars confuses me too. Every business that I know works hard for repeat business.

Back to the question.

If you enjoy the guy just tell him your concerns and let him back in your schedule with prepay only.

If he is just another trick then have him make up your lost income and buy back into your good graces.

Clearly all regulars are not equal and those of us that have experienced a guy who has gone from great to not so much, would much rather he not come around.

gUYS, It isn't that providers don't like or want regulars...not at all.....We just don't want clients that are always trying to get freebies, cut rates or in Brilynns' case -lost money.

I like my regulars. I enjoy my regulars, but mine don't get my power bill shut off, or my insurance cancelled. It is that simple.

Interesting. I would have thought that you ladies would appreciate regular clients.

There are a lot of things about this business I will never understand.

You must not have read the OP. Nobody needs a client who repeatedly no-shows appointments. He's not a repeat client, he's a repeat pain in the butt.

Of course hookers want repeat clients, but not when they act that way. Being a repeat client doesn't give you the right to start taking advantage. You wouldn't stay friends with someone who stood you up every time you made plans, would you?

You must not have read the OP. Nobody needs a client who repeatedly no-shows appointments. He's not a repeat client, he's a repeat pain in the butt.

Of course hookers want repeat clients, but not when they act that way. Being a repeat client doesn't give you the right to start taking advantage. You wouldn't stay friends with someone who stood you up every time you made plans, would you?

Totally off topic, but...... av8r is that you? What the hell happened to you? I like it!:cool:

I never hear from him

I take my art seriously.

I know I'll take shit for this:D, but it seems like every month some random provider decides to make an example out of some random guy. :rolleyes: It always ends up as an attempt to lay down the law to all the clients that if they breathe wrong then they will be dumped. Things to consider:

1. What's up with no same day booking for an established regular? That should be the easiest type of client to book. Since, jumping to conclusions is allowed on these threads:

• Is it being that dreaded "high-volume" provider that books, so many appointments that it takes a week or two to schedule?
    • Is it only working a very limited strict schedule with no flexibility that makes it difficult to schedule? He may have the same problem.
    • Lastly, be honest. Did he try to schedule at a time convenient for him and did you make him schedule at a time convenient for you instead?

[*]Have you considered that that ladies who are urging you to dump a viable client could be looking to pick him up for themselves?

[*]He is not as responsive communication wise as you would like. Are your communications inviting him back with reasonable terms or are you bitching him out for missing the appointment? Be honest have you even asked him what could be changed to make it easier for him to make the appointments?

I realize that client side arguments for a situation like this are not popular. I'll probably have some provider come out and ignore the debate and just tell me I don't understand what provider's have to deal with, but there hasn't been much acknowledgement that this client could possibly have any issues with a provider that are valid and don't qualify for a review.

I have to agree with Av8r's post.

Repeat clients and repeat pains are two different things.

Totally off topic, but...... av8r is that you? What the hell happened to you? I like it!:cool:

Yeah, it's me. Bullshit is bullshit, regardless of which gender it comes from. So I call 'em like I see 'em.

This hobby works well when there is mutual respect for each other's time and money. Sounds like your "friend" was way over the respect line.

I'd say all sorts of problems arise with repeat or regulars and one-timers, and also with providers. The problem isn't the "regular-ness", it's the disrespect and the entitlement mentality and it applies on both sides of the fence.

A good regular is great and a bad one is not.

This ....

Clearly all regulars are not equal and those of us that have experienced a guy who has gone from great to not so much, would much rather he not come around.

Yep... a repeat pain in the ass and a good regular/GOOD REPEAT client are not the same thing. He's not making her money either he's technically robbing imo her over and over.