Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MAG

A lot of bad luck for one guy....

24 posts in this topic

I recently saw a negative review, and I clicked on the reviewer's name to see his previous reviews. Since late 2009:

Not Good: 6

No Show: 4

Terrible: 1

Rip off: 3

Fantastic: 1

Without the fantastic, I might have assumed that he is hard to please, or maybe trying to "harm the competition", so to speak. Or, maybe he reviews only when he has a bad experience (which seems often).

Basically, I'm wondering whether to take his reviews seriously. Any thoughts...?

Not Good: 6

No Show: 4

Terrible: 1

Rip off: 3

Fantastic: 1

...Basically, I'm wondering whether to take his reviews seriously. Any thoughts...?

Out of the 15 reviews I wonder how many ladies advertise strictly on BP? Other than that, sounds like he doesn't do his research well

I recently saw a negative review, and I clicked on the reviewer's name to see his previous reviews. Since late 2009:

<snip>

Basically, I'm wondering whether to take his reviews seriously. Any thoughts...?

Who reads the text in an ad, it's as useful as the reviews.

+1

I'd have thought you wouldn't even read the reviews, much less care to take them seriously. :rolleyes:

Personally, I take a providers' reviews as a whole, and don't care too much about individual reviewers.

I'd have thought you wouldn't even read the reviews, much less care to take them seriously. :rolleyes:

Personally, I take a providers' reviews as a whole, and don't care too much about individual reviewers.

Well, that was lame.

A good researcher takes ALL available information into account.

including discussion & advertising board personality :cool:

Perhaps I am not a good reviewer!

There, the tears have stopped.

One would hope that unreliable reviews would be averaged out, eliminating the need to evaluate each and every one. Sometimes though we just do not have enough info in which case we need volunteers to TOFTT.

Go for it!

Without the fantastic, I might have assumed that he is hard to please, or maybe trying to "harm the competition", so to speak. Or, maybe he reviews only when he has a bad experience (which seems often).

I think I can answer this. I'm not sure why I do what I do sometimes when it comes to choosing ASPs. I have booked an appointment knowing its going to be bullshit but I just wanted to find out. The newness, the lack of reviews, red flags drew me to her.

When they do happen, I chastise myself for doing it and go back to known things. But last night, I did it again. I knew something was sorta fishy and I was right.

I have a few reviews and many are negative, no shows. I hope someone finds them useful.

[snip]

Talk about lame...

It would seem you answered your own question. :cool:

Well, that was lame.

including discussion & advertising board personality :cool:

You are both right and wrong. One needs to sift through the mountain of data.....and then one can make their decisions on what intelligence sources are best. After a while, you do tend to trust some sources better than others.

And if you discard anyone's opinion as a person, or quality as a client or provider, based simply on their board persona, then you are a beyond any help.

One of the most opinionated and acerbic providers posting on this board turns sweet as sugar behind closed doors, and will almost literally fuck your brains out.

Pfunk may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have come to trust his reviews more than many others NOT because of his "witty board personality" or the "grey mantle of hobby experience draped over his shoulders", but simply because I have discovered a guy who has taste in women very close to my own.

And I have learned what things to watch out for from the cynical yet wise postings of folks like you and 2Big.

There is lots and lots of good info out there if you take the time to study it. Experiences like you describe are only shared by the insane: i.e. they keep trying the same thing over and over, but expect different results.

Edited by hgritstoo
punctuation

I think I can answer this. I'm not sure why I do what I do sometimes when it comes to choosing ASPs. I have booked an appointment knowing its going to be bullshit but I just wanted to find out. The newness, the lack of reviews, red flags drew me to her.

When they do happen, I chastise myself for doing it and go back to known things. But last night, I did it again. I knew something was sorta fishy and I was right.

I have a few reviews and many are negative, no shows. I hope someone finds them useful.

Thanks, mtnman, this is one of the few useful responses on this thread. :)

Talk about lame...

It would seem you answered your own question. :cool:

You just don't get it, do you?

Asking for feedback on a discussion board is one of the many tools people use to round out their research. I had never seen a review history quite like that, so it was a reasonable question to ask.

It isn't lame just because you've used your ongoing grudge against me to convince yourself that it is. You may be petty & bitter, but that doesn't mean others are lame simply because you don't agree with them.

Stop white-knighting for just long enough to consider others' viewpoints and you might just understand part of this: review history is just as relevant for reviewers as it is for providers. That fact has been discussed on this board many times. Usually a reviewer's long term agenda is obvious, this time not so much.

Get it now?

Asking for feedback on a discussion board is one of the many tools people use to round out their research. I had never seen a review history quite like that, so it was a reasonable question to ask.

It isn't lame just because you've used your ongoing grudge against me to convince yourself that it is. You may be petty & bitter, but that doesn't mean others are lame simply because you don't agree with them.

Stop white-knighting for just long enough to consider others' viewpoints and you might just understand part of this: review history is just as relevant for reviewers as it is for providers. That fact has been discussed on this board many times. Usually a reviewer's long term agenda is obvious, this time not so much.

Get it now?

+1

Get it now?

Oh I "get it", the question is: do you?

If you can look past your mean spirited hypocrisy, you would have seen you were actually in agreement with pfunk, he just didn't seem as interested in individual reviewers; but(speaking of grinding axes) you took the opportunity to grind your own with him when you accused him of lameness, and to issue an admonishment to ASP's that might dare to have an opinion contrary to your own.

Not White Knighting, just pointing out something stupid you posted, and offering a contrary view point, to wit: if as you say, all info should be considered, then a reviewers history would be part of it.

Another function of a discussion board is that people will occasionally disagree, a function you seem to be ignoring.

Another function of a discussion board is that people will occasionally disagree

And yet, you get all up in arms when I disagree with YOU.

pfunk fired the first shot, didn't he? I asked a simple question, about a RELEVANT topic (a rarity around here), and you two are the only ones who have a problem with it.

SMH

Anyway, if there's anyone around here with something valuable to add to the ORIGINAL topic, the thread is still open. For now.

I read his reviews. I think they are credible. I have seen Brennyn in person (one look at her mug and I walked away) and his review seems accurate. If those reviews are his only experience or not - god I hope not. Lol. His reviews do indicate that he is either unlucky, he doesn't do any research, or ...

That's my take on the original post. Now you guys - lets get along already. Jeez!!

Anyway, if there's anyone around here with something valuable to add to the ORIGINAL topic, the thread is still open. For now.

I do.

I'd suggest that the reviewer mentioned in the original post find a new hobby.

I read the OP's comments and went to the reviews to see who was being discussed. With very little digging, it was easy to see who is having all the bad luck. I know that reviews are subjective and not everyone will have a good experience, but the latest review that was posted by chico1a is definitely fabricated.

I'm not here to be a knight in shining armour, but it appears that chico1a is trying to create drama or ruin the reputations of the ladies here.

Case in point, chico1a's description of Mayzee's physical appearance is definitely incorrect as she does have tattoos and piercings. As far as body odor goes, Mayzee has always been clean. As a result, I don't believe that he has ever met her.

I have seen 3 of the ladies that chico1a has reviewed. His fantastic I would rate as good. One of his other bad reviews I see almost weekly and would rate as fantastic. A lot of the other ladies in his reviews have excellent reviews. Again, experiences are subjective, but this many bad experiences would make me dis-believe his reviews.

I wasn't going to take this to the forum, but...

The review in question was for a sweetheart of a gal that is my ATF, and I could tell from the review that the "reviewer" never actually laid eyes on her, since his description is so totally off. The only parts that he got correct are the height and weight, and a couple other characteristics he probably got from the posting photos.

I privately griped to the moderator of the reviews, pointing out that this review was so totally and obviously bogus that it should be removed -- no response so far, but it has only been one day.

I use the reviews a lot, in fact that is how I found the sweetheart that just got the lousy, bogus review, but this episode has really opened my eyes to how unreliable they can be. On the other hand, you gotta consider the source and if you go to his (her?) review history you can see that he either is simply likes to post bogus reviews, or is someone with a hidden motive.

Caveat emptor, but in the instant situation, disregard the review.

Oh I thought we were talking about mtnman2000. His review count isn't even close to the op though so my bad. Sorry guys.

The review in question was for a sweetheart of a gal that is my ATF, and I could tell from the review that the "reviewer" never actually laid eyes on her, since his description is so totally off. The only parts that he got correct are the height and weight, and a couple other characteristics he probably got from the posting photos.

I privately griped to the moderator of the reviews, pointing out that this review was so totally and obviously bogus that it should be removed -- no response so far, but it has only been one day.

I use the reviews a lot, in fact that is how I found the sweetheart that just got the lousy, bogus review, but this episode has really opened my eyes to how unreliable they can be. On the other hand, you gotta consider the source and if you go to his (her?) review history you can see that he either is simply likes to post bogus reviews, or is someone with a hidden motive.

That specific review was the one that piqued my curiosity -- it didn't seem quite right. I was about to dismiss the reviewer out of hand, but then I saw the "fantastic". Normally, then, I'd assume the reviewer was a provider trying to hurt others' business, but that usually happens in a fly-by-night fashion, not over a 4 year stretch.

Ultimately, I think the consensus here is that the reviewer is bullshit. I agree.

Thanks to all those who were genuinely helpful.

If the provider has questions or a dispute on a review posted about her, she can use the contact us link on the review forum. this also applies to the person who posted the review. if you're not the provider or the reviewer there is no need to contact the review forum.

If the provider has questions or a dispute on a review posted about her, she can use the contact us link on the review forum. this also applies to the person who posted the review. if you're not the provider or the reviewer there is no need to contact the review forum.

Just curious - do the providers get an auto notification when reviews are posted about them? This is off topic but I'm wondering if they even know that bad reviews are being posted.

Ah, but those negative reviews have big-time entertainment value.

Gee Pitbull, and here I thought I was the one who needed to get

a life. (Just kidding) ;)