Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boardmember

Is it rude to ask...

19 posts in this topic

if a provider smokes even if they say "no" on their P411 profile?

I'm still learning and understand there is no one rule for all folks, but I've had three meetings with providers who listed no to smoking, but who did and it was obvious and very recently, one is was terribly apparent. (Hair smelled, breath smelled -- but the woman was very nice in all other regards.)

Most everyone has their "thing" and this one is mine. It just kills it for me. So, that said, is it okay to double check during the setting up process? "Hate to be rude, but your profile says you don't smoke, is that still the case?"

Depending on the lady, she may be honest or not. If not and we're meeting, sometimes it isn't immediately apparent, but at an early point it does and...well, what to do?

I guess it falls into the category of other acceptable reasons to leave or cancel on the spot. I searched a bit on this but didn't find much that addresses things other than reading about how some folks also aren't smoker-friendly.

What is about telling them gently that you have life threatening asthma and expand from there .

Good point....but I don't think it's rude to ask. Personally, it doesn't bother me all that much, unless I leave her incall smelling like a pool hall.........now that will raise some eyebrows :eek:

downloadedfile-1.jpeg

if a provider smokes even if they say "no" on their P411 profile?

I'm still learning and understand there is no one rule for all folks, but I've had three meetings with providers who listed no to smoking, but who did and it was obvious and very recently, one is was terribly apparent. (Hair smelled, breath smelled -- but the woman was very nice in all other regards.)

Most everyone has their "thing" and this one is mine. It just kills it for me. So, that said, is it okay to double check during the setting up process? "Hate to be rude, but your profile says you don't smoke, is that still the case?"

Depending on the lady, she may be honest or not. If not and we're meeting, sometimes it isn't immediately apparent, but at an early point it does and...well, what to do?

I guess it falls into the category of other acceptable reasons to leave or cancel on the spot. I searched a bit on this but didn't find much that addresses things other than reading about how some folks also aren't smoker-friendly.

I have and do ask just as above. there are many P411 providers who smoke but say no in their profile.

I agree... I've experienced both EB and p411 saying that the provider didn't smoke but it was very obvious and a real turn-off...

I say ask. She may have intended to quit, but never made it. I prefer non-smokers as well, and I'd be unhappy if her profile was incorrect.

oh this thread makes me long for the old days. used to be halfway through a session there would be a designated smoke break and then back to it. now that's what i call a gfe!

on the other hand, the times that i've quit i became hyper-sensitive to the smell. i could pick it up wafting through the air a block away. so i understand how off-putting that can be.

I don't usually smoke but I do it once in a while, especially if my date does, so I'd want to know - all you'd have to say is, "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you don't smoke, bc it bothers me and I don't like the smell," and I'd make sure I smelled good (if I had, for some reason, smoked a cigarette that day) or I'd make sure NOT to smoke that day! I think most providers would do this, and it's definitely on you to say something; we're not psychic, but ask and I'm sure you will receive!!

oh this thread makes me long for the old days. used to be halfway through a session there would be a designated smoke break and then back to it. now that's what i call a gfe!

on the other hand, the times that i've quit i became hyper-sensitive to the smell. i could pick it up wafting through the air a block away. so i understand how off-putting that can be.

Ah........the smoke break.........that was a civilized environment.

I don't usually smoke but I do it once in a while, especially if my date does, so I'd want to know - all you'd have to say is, "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you don't smoke, bc it bothers me and I don't like the smell," and I'd make sure I smelled good (if I had, for some reason, smoked a cigarette that day) or I'd make sure NOT to smoke that day! I think most providers would do this, and it's definitely on you to say something; we're not psychic, but ask and I'm sure you will receive!!

I usually let the lady know that I smoke - and if she does, please bring them!

I beg to differ. some of you know in advance to put "smokes? no" in your P411 profile even though you do smoke.

I definitely do not think it would be too rude to ask. I can understand because for me it is hard to enjoy "sexy time" when there is a foul odor in the room.

I say ask the provider. I quit smoking 16 months ago yesterday and have been happy ever since but I still have old reviews and such from smoking fetish guys that say I do. I have had some disappointed clients when they find out I haven't touched a cigarette in over a year.

I don't mind if the client wants to smoke and if that's part of the session he wants, but I would rather be asked to avoid the disappointment when they find out I quit and have no intention to start back up.

If the provider is a professional she should have no problem telling you the truth about it as you will find out anyway when you meet.

Just my 2 cents

Like urfan said, when I quit a couple years ago I've become extremely sensitive to the smell but I actually like the smell. Unfortunately, DiscoMoon, you can try as much as you'd like to mask the smell from earlier in the day or even yesterday but it does stick with you and I personally can detect it. So why not just be upfront and say yes, you do smoke? Let them decide if they want to deal with it.

Seems as though for the OP, smoking is his one "thing" that makes the decision for him. Like me, I prefer my ladies to be penisless and have been lucky so far!:D

can never mask the smell to a non smoker!!! had a few ladies respond that they only smoked ganja.....

I don't smoke cigarettes- I smoke hookah every now and again.

Always have mouth wash handy just in case. :P

Women who smoke, smell and taste of smoke are a real turn-off, so that would be a deal breaker.

Especially hideous is that nasty taste of breath mint as a way to hide the taste. Just plain gross.

Secondly, a provider who smokes indicates to me that she doesn't give a fuck about her health, so, who knows what else is going on.

reminds me off the old joke:

'do you smoke after sex?'

'why, yes but only if 2Big was able to light my fire'