Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vic Kosslovich

The location question...

25 posts in this topic

A question mostly for the ladies....

I live and work on the extreme south side of town. Because of my hours I'm reluctant to travel to Boulder or some of the far north areas of town. Distance is an issue but time through rush hour is an even bigger issue. Many ladies are good about stating what part of the city they are in, but a significant number just say "Denver area". Is it ok to ask the lady what part of town she is in? I'm not asking for an address, but I tell them where I am and ask if they are in that general area. Sometimes I get a quick response, positive or negative. But other times the silence is deafening and it makes me wonder if I've unknowingly crossed the line.

What's the protocol? Is there a better way to find out what general area of town we are talking about?

Vic

If you ask and get silence, tell them where you are, part of town-wise, and then ask how long would it take to get to their in-call, given the time of day, driving conditions, etc. It's the only reason you'd be asking, right?

I always ask what general area they are in. Most ladies have no problem with the general area, makes my decision alot easier sometimes.

When a guy calls and the first thing that he asks is where the location is I think it sometimes makes the ladies feel like he might not be serious about booking an appointment and he might be fishing for information. I think that we would like to believe that you are interested in seeing us because of who we are instead of just a quick fix based on our location. I understand that location is critical for some guys, but there are many that want to see me because I am me and not because I am located in the Denver Tech Center and are willing to drive from Boulder to the Denver Tech Center. I would imagine that if you are willing to fork over some personal information most ladies will not be so hesitant to state their location. The thing is is that the girl wants to feel safe and if she does not feel safe she is going to be hesitant.

The thing is is that the girl wants to feel safe and if she does not feel safe she is going to be hesitant.

How does stating which part of the city you're in bear on your safety? I call bullshit.

How does stating which part of the city you're in bear on your safety?

So, comprehension is not your strong point, huh? Nobody ever said that stating which part of the city one is working in has any bear on their saftey. :o

yes

I live and work on the extreme south side of town. Because of my hours I'm reluctant to travel to Boulder or some of the far north areas of town. Distance is an issue but time through rush hour is an even bigger issue. Many ladies are good about stating what part of the city they are in, but a significant number just say "Denver area". Is it ok to ask the lady what part of town she is in? I'm not asking for an address, but I tell them where I am and ask if they are in that general area. Sometimes I get a quick response, positive or negative. But other times the silence is deafening and it makes me wonder if I've unknowingly crossed the line.

What's the protocol? Is there a better way to find out what general area of town we are talking about?

Vic

I am unsure of the protocol but as I have no dedicated incall it may be different than those that do. I am also in the South area where the police are bored. I am pretty vague until I have enough information. I also try to make it as convenient as possible once a meeting has been planned. I am sure the ladies with a permanent place are vigilant about keeping it vague as well since they don't want to be pinpointed by the wrong folks. I am sure there is nothing wrong with something general such as North/South DTC, Park Meadows area, Lonetree etc. Perhaps a quick " Hi, I am a South ender. I have a window of time that limits my travel. If you are within 20 minutes of xyz, I would love to visit" I don't see how that could be misconstrued.

Maybe you could just ask "about how many miles are you from XYZ?" And determine if that will work for you based off that question.

A lot of good thoughts here. I did not mention that I'm on P411 and usually communicate through that vehicle. Maybe I'll try Destiny's suggestion in the future and ask them how far they are from my location.

Thanks for the insights.

Vic

Maybe you could just ask "about how many miles are you from XYZ?" And determine if that will work for you based off that question.

Because the miles between Thornton & Boulder are very different from the miles between Thornton & Lone Tree in their travel times and driving implications.

I can only answer for myself, but I don't mind giving a general vicinity as far as intersection area (however, it is a large area where I am for my local incall). If I were in an area where there were only one place at that intersection where I could be... not so much.

I understand what some of you are saying about travel times. Ten miles south on I-25 is different than 10 miles through the city of Denver.

Some of the ladies have pointed out that it's probably not a good idea to start the conversation with, "Where are you?". Something like, "Hi Susie, this is Bob I have not seen you previously, but, I am interested in visiting with you. I am curious as to your availability tomorrow afternoon around 2pm. I am in downtown, and would need to allow for travel time. Can you tell me approximately where you are located in South Denver?".

Vic

Ask for the information you need to make the appiontment work for you.

if she can't or wont give you the information you need move on to the

next name on your list.

next name on your list.

She'll eventually get the message and change her behavior, i.e. figure out how to give the requested information w/o compromising her safety.

next name on your list.

While the criteria may change from client to client in what they need to make a final decision. Location can be an important one for many.

Whatever the information the client may need while making a "serious inquiry" it shouldn't and in a lot of cases couldn't be more intrusive than the info the ladies need to make a decision. It just needs to be done in a way that the lady or the gent are not considered time wasters.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

That's absolutely all I need. As some of you know...I live out in the sticks, so planning travel time...for either party...is essential. On a side note...I have such appreciation for the kind and beautiful women that have been willing to make the trip to see me;)

I am unsure of the protocol but as I have no dedicated incall it may be different than those that do. I am also in the South area where the police are bored. I am pretty vague until I have enough information. I also try to make it as convenient as possible once a meeting has been planned. I am sure the ladies with a permanent place are vigilant about keeping it vague as well since they don't want to be pinpointed by the wrong folks. I am sure there is nothing wrong with something general such as North/South DTC, Park Meadows area, Lonetree etc. Perhaps a quick " Hi, I am a South ender. I have a window of time that limits my travel. If you are within 20 minutes of xyz, I would love to visit" I don't see how that could be misconstrued.

Because the miles between Thornton & Boulder are very different from the miles between Thornton & Lone Tree in their travel times and driving implications.

Um, not really...

FROM THORNTON TO BOULDER:

Thornton, CO

to

Boulder, CO

33 minutes

25.2 miles

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=thornton+to+boulder&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.aWM&biw=1366&bih=558&wrapid=tlif136232903502310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

FROM THORNTON TO LONE TREE:

Thornton, CO

to

Lone Tree, CO

37 minutes

29.5 miles

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=thornton+to+lone+tree&ie=UTF-8&ei=tHszUfWzFMblyAHXnoDoAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Umm., not really...

Southbound I-25 'til 76/36/270 interchange gets slow. 38th to Speer slows down most days. I-25/225 interchange gets slow most days... Google/Bing/et al are really optimistic on times, so, need to know relative location to plan accordingly.

As for north to Boulder, usually clear, so, can jam that route easily, since traffic easy to Boulder in-bound days other than early rush hour.

There can be complications on either route at any given time.

Southbound I-25 'til 76/36/270 interchange gets slow. 38th to Speer slows down most days. I-25/225 interchange gets slow most days... Google/Bing/et al are really optimistic on times, so, need to know relative location to plan accordingly.

As for north to Boulder, usually clear, so, can jam that route easily, since traffic easy to Boulder in-bound days other than early rush hour.

Umm., not really...

The Boulder route SUCKS every weekday between 7:30 and 9:30am. I-25 is sometimes ok, and sometimes horrible, at that same time. There is no guaranteed good, or bad, route in the metro area (I drive all over, every day).

Guys should learn how to introduce themselves and be polite, before they ask for a location. You catch FAR more flies with honey, than vinegar. Almost any girl will give you a general location IF you're polite, and truly trying to schedule an appointment.

Being a dick doesn't make yours bigger.

I do not mind giving the general area....but to the original poster I would recommend saying this after the initial hi how are you, I am interested in booking time for companionship.

I will be coming from the very south side of town, may I ask a general location you are in or what exit to take so that I can make sure I plan accordingly to avoid being late.

If someone asked me that in that way I would have NO problem, after all he is going to eventually need to know where you are at.

... Guys should learn how to introduce themselves and be polite, before they ask for a location. You catch FAR more flies with honey, than vinegar. ...

On this I will definitely agree!

I don't see what the big deal is on asking what part of town the lady is located. It is not the distance or the time but where the incall is located. There are areas I just won't go and it is good to know before wasting anyone's time. I like when it is posted in their ad so I don't even have to call if it is an area I don't wish to go.

I always ask for general location up front and it never seemed to be a problem for a girl to give that out. Why waste both of our time by setting it up and then backing out when you find out it won't work for you? Might as well get that out of the way.

You guys slay me! Many of us live in COS - 55 minutes from DTC, and a lifetime (at rush hour) from Westminster. Give me a break!