Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indoguy

is it the color of my skin?

53 posts in this topic

i would see ads where providers would put "No Black Men", what is up with that? I'm asian with light brown skin and i still have problems when providers ask for a picture, is this business only for white people :( we colored people have needs also ;) i've been striking out this weekend just when i'm carefree :mad:

There are many providers who don't have any issue with various races, but I do suggest being upfront and a little bit thick skinned when searching them out. It's not uncommon for a client who fails to mention his race to be turned away at the door, or to be treated too an "ewwww.... icky" session, so it really is best to be upfront about it, and have some patience with the providers who prefer not to indulge.

Always,

Gina

There are many providers who don't have any issue with various races, but I do suggest being upfront and a little bit thick skinned when searching them out. It's not uncommon for a client who fails to mention his race to be turned away at the door, or to be treated too an "ewwww.... icky" session, so it really is best to be upfront about it, and have some patience with the providers who prefer not to indulge.

Always,

Gina

i do understand that providers have the right to turn away clients, but if they are going to be picky on the color of your skin, your age, even your looks, then why be in this business? i was a little disheartened this weekend because it was so hard for me to get a provider. yes i'm new to colorado and i don't have any references yet, but i do have a job. as soon as i give them my work badge with my picture on it, they reject my calls. am i that bad looking, jesus christ, i'm not brad pitt or anything but it's not like i'm the hunchback of notredame or anything. sorry, it's been a long disappointing day trying to get laid hiks hiks

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your troubles in finding a provider. I realize there are certain stereotypes that present a higher risk factor, but if a gentleman is respectful and provides the verification info requested and checks out, the color of his skin has absolutely no bearing on whether I see him or not. It saddens me that this is an issue here and in life in general.

did everyone whom you contacted ask for your picture?? this is strange to me.

did everyone whom you contacted ask for your picture?? this is strange to me.

most of them ask for references (which i do not have since i'm new to denver) or a way to verify occupation, i have a direct line to my desk and it's sunday so there's no one to pick up my work phone. so the only thing i have to verify occupation is through my work badge which has my name and picture along with the name of the company. but no response after that, even when i asked if she needs something else to verify occupation.... i was willing to send my paystubs if need be.

I look at it as it could be worse, a lady that does not put that in her ad then turns you down at the door or just does not answer the door. Curious also why alot of ladies are asking for pictures of you.

wow, this is the first time this topic has been talked about here. :rolleyes:

If you didn't receive any response after that....what makes you think it was related to the color of your skin:confused:

most of them ask for references (which i do not have since i'm new to denver) or a way to verify occupation, i have a direct line to my desk and it's sunday so there's no one to pick up my work phone. so the only thing i have to verify occupation is through my work badge which has my name and picture along with the name of the company. but no response after that, even when i asked if she needs something else to verify occupation.... i was willing to send my paystubs if need be.

If you didn't receive any response after that....what makes you think it was related to the color of your skin:confused:

it was one of many assumptions, i was able and willing to provide my work information and if she needed more all she has to do is ask for it. so what else could it be? we had set an appointment for 2 pm already, as soon as she saw my id she never replied back to any of my calls or texts. in my previous posting i said "does looks, race or age matter to a provider? if it matters why be in this business."

so when you ask me why i think it's related to the color of my skin, my answer is because i think and my wife seems to think that i'm a decent looking guy, i'm not trying to be vain or anything but if i was a provider i would do me :D unless i have some stereotype in my head that prevents me from seeing you.

and i don't know about you, but i never see an ad by a provider saying "no ugly people", but i do see "no blacks men"

wow, this is the first time this topic has been talked about here

got yer ears on, 2b?

Yeah, no shite.

Asian, to some providers, might mean "Orient". Anything west of that, and a provider had one bad session...

Hell! Even Orient Asian might be on the "no black guys" list.

Sucks, but, move on. Not like there's an hooker client anti-defamation league one can go to.

Yeah, no shite.

Asian, to some providers, might mean "Orient". Anything west of that, and a provider had one bad session...

Hell! Even Orient Asian might be on the "no black guys" list.

Sucks, but, move on. Not like there's an hooker client anti-defamation league one can go to.

I thought this was the hooker client anti-defamation league?:confused::D

Well...honestly...I don't think racial bias would be my first assumption here...or my second...or my third, fourth, or fifth. It's more likely that she decided to go shoe shopping instead:rolleyes:

And furthermore, I'd question any provider asking for your work badge. When I was 17...I stood in front of a poster board with state driver's license info on it while a guy took a picture of me with a polaroid. That was my fake id for four years. What the hell does a work badge prove???

Just relax...don't get your panties in a bunch. Keep contacting different girls until you find one that will see you...then you have a reference.

it was one of many assumptions, i was able and willing to provide my work information and if she needed more all she has to do is ask for it. so what else could it be? we had set an appointment for 2 pm already, as soon as she saw my id she never replied back to any of my calls or texts. in my previous posting i said "does looks, race or age matter to a provider? if it matters why be in this business."

so when you ask me why i think it's related to the color of my skin, my answer is because i think and my wife seems to think that i'm a decent looking guy, i'm not trying to be vain or anything but if i was a provider i would do me :D unless i have some stereotype in my head that prevents me from seeing you.

and i don't know about you, but i never see an ad by a provider saying "no ugly people", but i do see "no blacks men"

There are like a hundred girls you can call and you kept striking out....

They can be picky on anything they choose just as you can be. When she saw your ID maybe she realized you worked at the same company she did. Or maybe she thought she may fall in love with you if she saw you because you are so hot. Or maybe she got a better offer. Just go down your list and choose again. By the way there are providers that won't see old guys, young guys, fat guys, bearded guys and even white guys. Even where prostitution is legal they can be picky.

Yeah, I've definitely heard of ladies not putting it in their ad and then leaving the client hanging at the door. Just be glad you didn't waste your driving time also....good luck, there are plenty of ladies who don't care about the color of your skin (or lack of color lol).

i would see ads where providers would put "No Black Men", what is up with that? I'm asian with light brown skin and i still have problems when providers ask for a picture, is this business only for white people :( we colored people have needs also ;) i've been striking out this weekend just when i'm carefree :mad:

"Indoguy"...saying that u r "Asian"....I assume it's "South Asian" as in India. Big difference between East Asian and S. Asian....better to make the distinction upfront.

"Indoguy"...saying that u r "Asian"....I assume it's "South Asian" as in India. Big difference between East Asian and S. Asian....better to make the distinction upfront.

actually, i don't consider india as asian. i'm indonesian HUGE difference between INDIA :P but that is a good point, i wouldn't want people to think i'm indian, i'm just not sure if people would know where indonesia is located :confused:

SW Asia? Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Qutar, Kuwait .........

Asia is a big geographical area. With many darker complected individuals.

Sorry OP, this isn't the corner McDonalds with a no shoes, no shirts no service policy.

The ladies can spend, or not spend, time with anyone they choose.

Keep calling and you will find someone.

actually, i don't consider india as asian. i'm indonesian HUGE difference between INDIA :P but that is a good point, i wouldn't want people to think i'm indian, i'm just not sure if people would know where indonesia is located :confused:

I'm sure it's just a little south east of Ft, Collins.:D

This is as close to the EEOC as this guy can get.

But seriously, go to an AMP. Put the money down, take some liberties so they know you are not LE, and get a nice HE if FS is hard to come by.

i didn't start this thread to complain about what happened to me, i just wanted to understand why there must be a "no black men" policy in some ads. i just don't think it's fair that color of your skin is an issue when you are capable of paying for the service. it's easy for someone to say, just keep trying, or there's thousands of providers out there, but when it's actually you that's been denied of a service because the color of your skin, it feels kinda crappy. not all black people are bad, not all asians are cheap, not all irish are drunks, give people a chance. i asked one of the ladies i contacted if she would give me 5 minutes of her time and if she didn't like where it was going, or she didn't like what she sees, i would still pay her some money for her time. but she still wouldn't give me the time or day. i hope that people would read this thread and just have an open mind on things :) this is my 2 cents on the world

p.s. i'm not trying to call anyone out, i'm just trying to prove a point. so please don't be offended.

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for your troubles in finding a provider. I realize there are certain stereotypes that present a higher risk factor, but if a gentleman is respectful and provides the verification info requested and checks out, the color of his skin has absolutely no bearing on whether I see him or not. It saddens me that this is an issue here and in life in general.

+1 Skin color/nationality makes no difference to me. I suspect it had more to do with feeling comfy in the screening. You will find a willing lady. Good luck!

but I do suggest being upfront

This is the advice I used to give, then I realized that in counseling "being upfront" one is just perpetuating the problem.

My advice: don't say a damn thing. Then, when they come over and you open the door, watch how greed and prejudice fight it out on their face.

Spoiler: Greed usually wins.:cool:

Always,

Gina

I agree...

IMO, providers(and vice versa) have every right to be decisive in who they see, regardless of their reason...

So on that note, I would mention whatever doubts you may have to the lady you are considering seeing in advance so that there is no confusion or wasted time on either party...

This is the advice I used to give, then I realized that in counseling "being upfront" one is just perpetuating the problem.

My advice: don't say a damn thing. Then, when they come over and you open the door, watch how greed and prejudice fight it out on their face.

Spoiler: Greed usually wins.:cool:

Greed may win but the girl does not give you a good service...better off saving the money.

It's like bait and switch from the ladies......had that a number of times when the pics and the ladies don't match.

Greed may win but the girl does not give you a good service

Says who? Just bend over, get on your knees, read Mein Kampf, for all I care.:cool:

i just wanted to understand why there must be a "no black men" policy in some ads.

There is nothing to "understand". It's just plain stupidity. Some put this in there because their boyfriend/pimp told them to.