Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Syrina

HELLO TO ALL!!! New To Area, Needing Some Info.

28 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, my name is Syrina and I am new to this board but not new to the business.. I live in the Seattle area and will be traveling to your area in the near future!! I have never been to the area so was just curious about some safe areas and hotels.. Which places to to stay away from.. I am also curious about how you guys feel about the downtown Denver area or the airport. I know sometimes parking can be a pain as well as traffic DT, but then sometimes the ariport is a lil to far to travel.. So I would like to hear some comments on what you think about them. Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated :D Looking forward to making many great memories & friends!!!

Syrina

Hello welcome to the board. DTC is one place to stay, Downtown, oh and of course North Denver. :D

Hello welcome to the board. DTC is one place to stay, Downtown, oh and of course North Denver. :D

DTC?? Not too many people like the airport area?

DTC?? Not too many people like the airport area?

There's not really much in the airport (DIA) area. It's a relatively new airport and even the few hotels there are several miles away.

The Denver Tech Center (DTC) as used here encompasses more than just that particular developer's properties; it's a collection of office parks and hotels with some residential and shopping on the S side of town.

There's not really much in the airport (DIA) area. It's a relatively new airport and even the few hotels there are several miles away.

The Denver Tech Center (DTC) as used here encompasses more than just that particular developer's properties; it's a collection of office parks and hotels with some residential and shopping on the S side of town.

How far is DTC away from the airport? I will be flying in and wont have a car so I would need to figure out trasportation before hand.. Thanks for your help

The Denver airport is about 30 miles from downtown. Maybe a little less than that form DTC. DTC is the Denver Tech Center and is a business area that is 10 miles or so south of downtown. On a map it is along I-25 from roughly I-225 south to Arapaho Ave. It has a lot of hotels and restaurants and is popular with providers and pooners. Downtown also works but as you noted parking is a real pain. There are a few hotels out by the airport, but not much else, and it is a long way from where most people live.

The Denver airport is about 30 miles from downtown. Maybe a little less than that form DTC. DTC is the Denver Tech Center and is a business area that is 10 miles or so south of downtown. On a map it is along I-25 from roughly I-225 south to Arapaho Ave. It has a lot of hotels and restaurants and is popular with providers and pooners. Downtown also works but as you noted parking is a real pain. There are a few hotels out by the airport, but not much else, and it is a long way from where most people live.

Well that helps out alot!! It would be a cheaper cab fair to go to DTC...lol I was in the SFO area a few years ago and I took a cab to the mall 5 mins away and it was around 100 bucks round trip.. Hopefully I can find a cheaper way to the hotel while I am there..lol

Most taxis will charge $50 to drive you from DIA to Downtown or DTC. It is a long drive.

I would need to figure out trasportation before hand..

There is a bus shuttle called sky ride that travels from DIA to DTC. I think it is like 10 or 15 bucks.

There is a bus shuttle called sky ride that travels from DIA to DTC. I think it is like 10 or 15 bucks.

And if you take SkyRide to 9-Mile, you can transfer to the light rail, which will take you right down I-25 as far S as the Meridian & Park Meadows area.

There are other SkyRide routes. Check out the RTD homepage.

Ok folks, lets remember who we are talking to. She is FEMALE! when was the last time a female traveled light enough that transferring to light rail was reasonable, then walked to a hotel, even a few blocks would be out of the question.

Naw- as someone said - most of the hotels in the DTC or downtown areas will have a hotel / airport shuttle at little or no cost.

I would recommend DTC as well, lots to do there when you are not working. A good selection of restaurants within walking distance or a rather short cab ride. Shopping, theaters, comedy club.... Much like Downtown but probably a better place to work from. parking for clients downtown sucks.

Many of the hotels have shuttles from the airport.

Yeah I figured that, but with my luck I will end up at the only hotel with out a shuttle....hahaha :D That has happened to me before..

Most taxis will charge $50 to drive you from DIA to Downtown or DTC. It is a long drive.

Yeah I figured it would be around that if not more... thank goodness for shuttles!!

Thank you soo much!! That is such a relief if the hotel I stay at doesnt have a shuttle.. I HATE paying cab fares..haha

Ok folks, lets remember who we are talking to. She is FEMALE! when was the last time a female traveled light enough that transferring to light rail was reasonable, then walked to a hotel, even a few blocks would be out of the question.

Naw- as someone said - most of the hotels in the DTC or downtown areas will have a hotel / airport shuttle at little or no cost.

I would recommend DTC as well, lots to do there when you are not working. A good selection of restaurants within walking distance or a rather short cab ride. Shopping, theaters, comedy club.... Much like Downtown but probably a better place to work from. parking for clients downtown sucks.

LOL, yes you are spot on about the luggage..I am NOT a light packer at all!! Some think I am silly for packing so much, but I never know what I am gonna wear so I may pack like 3 or 4 outfits for a day!! Yes its that bad...I am afraid to be so far from home and not have the things I need.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INPUT!! I greatly appriciate it :) I am looking forward to my visit & getting a chance to make some new friends!

Yeah I figured that, but with my luck I will end up at the only hotel with out a shuttle....hahaha :D That has happened to me before..

DIA Hotel Shuttle info...

• Even La Quinta Inns & Suites has a shuttle.
    • AnD we all know what "La Quinta" means .............
      • translation ---> Next to Denny's :P

Although DTC is the preferred hobby location, some of the hotels there don't have a good selection of cafes around them. Since she won't have transportation that could be a problem for her. Generally, downtown has more eateries within walking distance.

Welcome to Denver - it will be great for you! I spend a lot time in Seattle and loved the visits!

As many said - DTC is probably your best bet since many people are close by or work around the area. I would make sure you check the hotel since many do provide shuttles - but you really have to check it out since there many hotels in the area.

Good Luck on your travels! And hope you enjoy your stay here!

Welcome to Denver Syrina!

I didn't see anyone mention to stay away from Lakewood.

They seem to "crack down" much more than any area.

Downtown probably has the best combination of amenities,

restaurants and nightclubs/bars. Client parking can be tough.

Many more providers use the DTC area.

http://flydenver.com/

Use the links on the left to find ground transportation.

There is major construction going on out at DIA.

Enjoy your stay.

Edited by Johnboy#1
Add

Enjoy your stay.

Good points but Lakewood is kind of out there! And I forgot about the flydenver link since I have used it in the past. THere is also http://www.denver.org/ that has good info on the Denver area!

Again - Enjoy your visit Syrina and thanks JohnBoy for mentioning the link since the web can be confusing wth so many sites!

Enjoy your stay.

LOL...Thank you for that one!! I will def. remember that.. Seems like Lakewoods in many states aren't good at all.. The one in WA is the place to stay away from too.. I never go there!!

Do you have web site?

This kind of question is baiting the new girl into an infraction. you might get a faster and less troublesome response through email.

What am I missing here?

Why didn't anyone offer to pick her up and help her get settled?