Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vincent

Drinking and Driving

23 posts in this topic

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with a margarita. Not a good idea.

Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a taxi home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise.

I have never driven a taxi before and am not sure where I got it!

</SPAN>

glad you did too....

Colorado seriously enforces drinking and driving statues, that's for sure....

kinda odd to me, coming from the new orleans area......

And especially don't be drunkenly driving while you're getting a bj and texting. You could crash into a Taco Bell and get your burrito bitten. Never mind the jail time and legal fees.

That is a very nice post. And a good reminder to everybody of the importance of not driving drunk. I have not drink alcohol since 2004 and I am still enrolled in alcohol classes and I have an interlock device in my vehicle. It just goes to show the long-term effects of alcohol use.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with a margarita.

So, you want us to give you credit because after a night of binge drinking you discovered.....the taxi.:cool:

How old are you, 22?

Well I thought it was funny. Am I alone?

It appears most responders didn't realize he was saying he TOOK the taxi [and drove it himself]......:D

Well I thought it was funny. Am I alone?

Not alone, but apparently one of the few that actually read the fucking punch line.

I missed it because the SPAN tag distracted me. Oh and I'm drunker than shit.

Not alone, but apparently one of the few that actually read the fucking punch line.

Oh and I'm drunker than shit.

LMAO. Now that is funny! : )

So, you want us to give you credit because after a night of binge drinking you discovered.....the taxi.:cool:

How old are you, 22?

I would give him more credit for that, than I would you for reading the whole post.:D

I missed it because the SPAN tag distracted me. Oh and I'm drunker than shit.

Oh - that was SPAN? I thought it was SPAM! :cool:

When you see an end tag as text that means the opening tag is absent, or at least in the wrong place. A common mishap when cutting and pasting from html to here, and most wysiwyg's. So noticing the tag should have made me realize it was copied. Dammit! If only I had more collage learning.

Oh - that was SPAN? I thought it was SPAM! :cool:

few that actually read the fucking punch line.

Oh yeah, I just skimmed the post...

I am sofa king we todd did

Dammit! If only I had more collage learning.

me 2 - then i cud b a smart feller instead of a fart smeller ;)

How old are you, 22?

You can be such a stinker sweetie :)

I have an interlock device in my vehicle. .

Is that anything like a chastity belt....

OR

Something two lesbians use when bumpin uglies...

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with a margarita. Not a good idea.

Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a taxi home.

Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise.

</SPAN>

although,in its way, its a funny joke (yes,read it and "got" the punch line )

like many others in this thread...I don't find drinking and driving to be a funny combination.Back in 1984 I lost my fiancee to a drunk driver three days before our wedding. She died in the crash he caused.

oh and i'm drunker than shit.

hahahahaha and so is 2big

So, you want us to give you credit because after a night of binge drinking you discovered.....the taxi.

How old are you, 22?

Hey Vince. Even though it is a serious topic I thought your posting was hilarious. I laughed out loud!

And especially don't be drunkenly driving while you're getting a bj and texting. You could crash into a Taco Bell and get your burrito bitten. Never mind the jail time and legal fees.

Realize full well that drinking and driving is no laughing matter - I got my very own DUI over 20 yrs ago.

But, LMFAO at that line!

Many have already noted this, but Megan, you really should be writing material for Jon Stewart, Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, et al ...... you are a riot!!

For a real-world response.....when I hung out my shingle back in Utah, my first client was a guy who had gotten a DUI. I helped minimize the fines/fees/penalties (which is really all a lawyer doing DUI work CAN do; you aren't going to beat a breathalyzer). Several months after that, I saw him in a club. He came over to me, we chatted, and he said something I'll never forget: "I drink whatever I want, and I drink as much as I want- and then I take a ten-dollar cab ride home, and a ten-dollar cab ride back here in the morning to get my car."

Think about it- for the cost of $20.00 in cab fare, he's spared himself THOUSANDS in legal fees, court costs, time away from work (b/c a 2nd DUI in Utah earns you jail time) etc, etc, etc. Pretty damn brilliant in my opinion.