Savoir Faire

HOMELESS WOMAN

30 posts in this topic

I was chilling downtown and I am always approached by this HOMELESS WOMAN. Of course I always give her money but I honestly enjoy talking to her. I really dig her HONESTY, its going to be either funny or sad........... Okay so this is like my fifth time seeing her and she comes up pushing a baby carriage stroller. She didn't notice me watching her get high under her blue tarp LOL, so I say to her, was it good? She smiles and says, oh you saw me and I winked at her. Then I whispered, now I know why you don't like the POLICE LOL. The first couple of times she didn't remember me, so I would always tell her, LOOK MADONNA LOL, thats my nickname for her, if you are going to be asking me for money the least you can do is remember that this is that guy I always for money. She assured me she would and the next 3 times she made good on remembering me. So this particular time she lets me in her world. She tells me that she has a family and that someone is out to get her. I asked her if her thoughts were really hers or was they a result from that drug she smokes? She says, no its for real, so I say okay and went silent to see if she was going to go further into it or leave it alone. She chose to leave it alone and so did I. Now I hadn't ate anything all day and I was hungry, so I asked her if she was hungry and this got me laughing because she raised up the BLUE TARP and what do you know LOL, she had a bag of MCDONALDS. She reached inside the bag and pulled out a double cheeseburger and she offered it to me. I can't tell you why but I felt like I was taking advantage of her by accepting her sandwhich. So I asked her, how much do I owe you and she was shocked that I offered her money and she laughed but said, you owe me nothing for the sandwhich but if you want to give me some money so I can go buy my drug that would be nice of you. I took the sandwhich but I must admit that she touched my heart by offering me something when she clearly needed it more than I did. I could have easily bought me a sandwhich, which I actually went and did because I needed a meal to go with it. So I handed her some money but all in all, I am still thinking about the GENEROSITY of that HOMELESS WOMAN. Quiet as kept, I don't think she would have given me that sandwich the first few times I met her LOL but in all honesty, I do have a pretty good effect on people as time goes on..............................One day I am going to be able to figure out the secret but until then, I will be content with the way that things seem to keep going these days/years.................................. I am already looking forward to seeing MADONNA this week. 

People who are used to having very little are usually the most generous when it really comes down to it, I’ve noticed. Someone told me if you have a dollar, you have more than most people in the world. That really stuck with me. I always try to give when I can, and even sometimes when I really shouldn’t. I believe karma has my back though. When I really need help, it usually does come through for me in the end. You just gotta pay it forward!

10 hours ago, MyraGold said:

People who are used to having very little are usually the most generous when it really comes down to it, I’ve noticed. Someone told me if you have a dollar, you have more than most people in the world. That really stuck with me. I always try to give when I can, and even sometimes when I really shouldn’t. I believe karma has my back though. When I really need help, it usually does come through for me in the end. You just gotta pay it forward!

Ms Myra G. I am still in awe and boy did that double cheeseburger taste good. I am use to doing the giving and never receiving but I really am touched by what she did. Winks @ Ms Myra G. trust me, someone has your back, The Savior magically knows these things.................. 

I thought twice about posting this, because I don't want to yuck anybody's yum.  I know the point of this story is the generosity of someone unfortunate who has very little.  But this story mad me a little sad.  It appears that she would rather have drugs than food.  She essentially (All be it maybe not interntionally) sold you her cheeseburger for drugs.  I know technically she didn't sell it to you because she said you did not owe her anything.  But for all intent and purposes, she sold it to you when she said you could give her money to buy drugs.  Maybe instead of money you could give her some food more nutritious than McDonald's?  She might not accept it, I have had my own experience trying to give a homeless person food.  They got angry and said they wanted cash.  But I hope she is doing well, and she is able to resolve the issue of whoever is out to get her.  And I hope she can stay warm with the colder weather approaching.

Too Many Loads when it comes to my post, I welcome anything you have to say because it gives me a chuckle. You either gone say some HATING SHIT or you sometimes make a little sense, so continue to be yourself, The Savior thanks all the HATERS for their input/support. Now this particular post, you make a great point when it comes to offering food or whatever instead of money. I already offered to buy her food, thats why she reached under the TARP and pulled out a double cheeseburger. I can't count how many times I have had them get angry at me for not giving them what they want. I make them realize real quick, me giving you some money is also going to cost you your time to listen to my conversation LOL. They are so use to getting the money and dashing, so I have fun by spending time talking. This way when they approach me again, if they have a heart or anything good about them, I am going to expose it. YEAH I KNOW, I AM SOMETHING ELSE LOL................ That drug that they are on is a killer and if they could function without it, trust me they would, so I don't JUDGE them. Instead, I listen, study and talk to them. Some of them might surprise you with their knowledge/wisdom and others will try to hustle/take advantage of you. UPDATE!!!! I ran into her this morning, she was standing with 3 or 4 blankets wrapped around her and I walked up to her and she looked up and said that she was very cold. She always smiles no matter how bad she looks and most of all, she knows and recognizes me, which lets me know that my conversation/presence is not going to waste. I asked her if she wanted to sit in my car so that she could get warm and she said yes. She walked over to my car, looked inside of it and next thing I know she was gone LOL. I don't know if she got spooked or she saw the police, either way she left. Either way, I enjoy talking to her as much as she enjoys THE LOOT I give her to purchase that drug.........................

Come back with a Whopper! Burger for a burger! 🍔

On 9/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, Savoir Faire said:

I was chilling downtown and I am always approached by this HOMELESS WOMAN. Of course I always give her money but I honestly enjoy talking to her. I really dig her HONESTY, its going to be either funny or sad........... Okay so this is like my fifth time seeing her and she comes up pushing a baby carriage stroller. She didn't notice me watching her get high under her blue tarp LOL, so I say to her, was it good? She smiles and says, oh you saw me and I winked at her. Then I whispered, now I know why you don't like the POLICE LOL. The first couple of times she didn't remember me, so I would always tell her, LOOK MADONNA LOL, thats my nickname for her, if you are going to be asking me for money the least you can do is remember that this is that guy I always for money. She assured me she would and the next 3 times she made good on remembering me. So this particular time she lets me in her world. She tells me that she has a family and that someone is out to get her. I asked her if her thoughts were really hers or was they a result from that drug she smokes? She says, no its for real, so I say okay and went silent to see if she was going to go further into it or leave it alone. She chose to leave it alone and so did I. Now I hadn't ate anything all day and I was hungry, so I asked her if she was hungry and this got me laughing because she raised up the BLUE TARP and what do you know LOL, she had a bag of MCDONALDS. She reached inside the bag and pulled out a double cheeseburger and she offered it to me. I can't tell you why but I felt like I was taking advantage of her by accepting her sandwhich. So I asked her, how much do I owe you and she was shocked that I offered her money and she laughed but said, you owe me nothing for the sandwhich but if you want to give me some money so I can go buy my drug that would be nice of you. I took the sandwhich but I must admit that she touched my heart by offering me something when she clearly needed it more than I did. I could have easily bought me a sandwhich, which I actually went and did because I needed a meal to go with it. So I handed her some money but all in all, I am still thinking about the GENEROSITY of that HOMELESS WOMAN. Quiet as kept, I don't think she would have given me that sandwich the first few times I met her LOL but in all honesty, I do have a pretty good effect on people as time goes on..............................One day I am going to be able to figure out the secret but until then, I will be content with the way that things seem to keep going these days/years.................................. I am already looking forward to seeing MADONNA this week. 

UPDATE!!!!!! I was out and about and I pulled over to a favorite spot to get some gas. As I parked, I sat back, cranked up the heat and fell asleep LOL. Car running, lights on and some jazz music playing. Not sure how long I was asleep but there was a knock on my window and GUESS WHO was knocking? Yep, if you guessed it was Madonna, you are 100 percent correct. Immediately, I said to myself, I am usually checking on her and this particular time she checked up on me. We talked for a few minutes and she told me she was going to get some breakfast from Mc Donalds. When she returned, she asked if she could sit in my car and get warm, which I said of course. Not sure what this meant but we didn't talk too much while she was in the car but still she enjoyed her meal and got warm all at the same time. I have also noticed that the last two times I have seen her, she has not asked me for any money, not one penny. I noticed she didn't have her little baby carriage, so I asked her what happened to it? She said that she hides it because people have been trying to steal it from her. I wanted to offer a place to store it but I am positive she uses/needs it daily, so I scratched that question before I could ask it. She warmed up and she said bye........................... Until the next encounter, I feel good whenever I can make a difference in people's lives................... 

On 10/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, Savoir Faire said:

UPDATE!!!!!! I was out and about and I pulled over to a favorite spot to get some gas. As I parked, I sat back, cranked up the heat and fell asleep LOL. Car running, lights on and some jazz music playing. Not sure how long I was asleep but there was a knock on my window and GUESS WHO was knocking? Yep, if you guessed it was Madonna, you are 100 percent correct. Immediately, I said to myself, I am usually checking on her and this particular time she checked up on me. We talked for a few minutes and she told me she was going to get some breakfast from Mc Donalds. When she returned, she asked if she could sit in my car and get warm, which I said of course. Not sure what this meant but we didn't talk too much while she was in the car but still she enjoyed her meal and got warm all at the same time. I have also noticed that the last two times I have seen her, she has not asked me for any money, not one penny. I noticed she didn't have her little baby carriage, so I asked her what happened to it? She said that she hides it because people have been trying to steal it from her. I wanted to offer a place to store it but I am positive she uses/needs it daily, so I scratched that question before I could ask it. She warmed up and she said bye........................... Until the next encounter, I feel good whenever I can make a difference in people's lives................... 

It's getting a bit trite to say this, but I feel this thread is a great example of meeting someone where they're at.  Probably the best any one of us can do in this situation.  Thanks for your story! 

To the GOAT Savoir Faire,

I had a similar encounter with a homeless man years ago...... long story short, he offered me money from his pocket. Talk about GENEROSITY! My eyes were opened that day. Never think you know someone, they will blow that perception right out of the water. 

I like that you were generous back with offering your vehicle for warmth and wanting to converse with Madonna. I'm sure you will keep an eye out for her and in her mind...... you're probably her guardian angel. 

It's always good to hear about a good and honest interaction with homeless people.  I've not had many.  When I was living in my car, others are more guarded because they see you can potentially try and take what they have.  Did make friends with an older lady that kinda looked out for me.  One day her and her car were just gone.

Lately my interactions with homeless are much less pleasant,  I almost accidentally killed one today.  So it's good to hear stories of the positive.

On 10/17/2023 at 6:57 PM, Steve Rogers said:

To the GOAT Savoir Faire,

I had a similar encounter with a homeless man years ago...... long story short, he offered me money from his pocket. Talk about GENEROSITY! My eyes were opened that day. Never think you know someone, they will blow that perception right out of the water. 

I like that you were generous back with offering your vehicle for warmth and wanting to converse with Madonna. I'm sure you will keep an eye out for her and in her mind...... you're probably her guardian angel. 

Mr Rogers it throws you for a loop and blows my mind when they share/show generosity. The feeling that I get is GOOD. I am not sure what I am in her mind but the smile I get when she sees me versus the first time is night and day. Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate your comments. 

On 10/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, BuddhistPunk said:

It's always good to hear about a good and honest interaction with homeless people.  I've not had many.  When I was living in my car, others are more guarded because they see you can potentially try and take what they have.  Did make friends with an older lady that kinda looked out for me.  One day her and her car were just gone.

Lately my interactions with homeless are much less pleasant,  I almost accidentally killed one today.  So it's good to hear stories of the positive.

BP I am sorry to hear that you haven't had many good interactions with the homeless. I have a feeling you are going to see that lady that looked out for you again. What happened if you don't mind me asking, why did you almost kill a homeless person? 

A homeless couple tipped me big for a cab ride once. Another homeless person toss wrapped food I gave them on the ground. Usually not so generous, a homeless lady took a $20 bill I handed her with not so much as thanks. Takes all kinds.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:25 PM, Savoir Faire said:

BP I am sorry to hear that you haven't had many good interactions with the homeless. I have a feeling you are going to see that lady that looked out for you again. What happened if you don't mind me asking, why did you almost kill a homeless person? 

It's been a few years and haven't seen her in the area.

Can't go into too many details about almost killing that guy.  Almost hit him with a vehicle at work.  He decided last second suicide wasn't the way to go.  It's not uncommon we are used as a means of suicide.

There’s homeless everywhere now. It’s so incredibly sad. I give a little cash, but usually try to get something warm to eat, and something to keep him/her hydrated.

7 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

A homeless couple tipped me big for a cab ride once. Another homeless person toss wrapped food I gave them on the ground. Usually not so generous, a homeless lady took a $20 bill I handed her with not so much as thanks. Takes all kinds.

How did you know that the ones that tipped you were homeless? Ughhhhh @ the ones that tossed the wrapped food that you gave them. Shakes my head at the ones that don't say thank you..................

50 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

There’s homeless everywhere now. It’s so incredibly sad. I give a little cash, but usually try to get something warm to eat, and something to keep him/her hydrated.

Ms Audrey anything you can do will help in my opinion. I must admit, I don't just give to any and every homeless person I see, it all depends on the vibe or feeling I get when they approach me. 

In my experience. I very well try to help anyone that needs it. Homeless people have a place in my heart nonetheless. I often go to ARC and buy warm jackets and pass them out to whoever I think might need them. Hand out 100 dollar bills also here and there. The problem is this. No matter what I do, I might make a person better for a damn day. It's NOT ENOUGH! Rent is SKY HIGH and people can not afford it, thus the homeless problem. Please reach out to your State and local Representatives  and ask them to do MORE to help the people that need it the most. We always ask "how can we solve the homeless problem" And my answer is this: BY MAKING RENT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE LESS MONEY CHEAPER! It's pretty simple math. The rich land lords don't want to her it. Makes me sick and I'm tired of it for hearing about it. 

Rant over, everyone have a good evening. 

12 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Thanks for what you give to those in need.  I very seldom give cash but frequently buy sandwiches at the grocery store and hand them out to folks on the street, along with some conversation...to hear their stories and share a bit of mine.  With my own homeless background it is something I enjoy doing.

16 hours ago, average1 said:

Thanks for what you give to those in need.  I very seldom give cash but frequently buy sandwiches at the grocery store and hand them out to folks on the street, along with some conversation...to hear their stories and share a bit of mine.  With my own homeless background it is something I enjoy doing.

I get this, thanks for all you do. I wish other people would do more. We the people just might solve this problem. At least in a manner. I wish I was a billionaire...

Things would be different for sure. FOR SURE!

On 10/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, BuddhistPunk said:

It's been a few years and haven't seen her in the area.

Can't go into too many details about almost killing that guy.  Almost hit him with a vehicle at work.  He decided last second suicide wasn't the way to go.  It's not uncommon we are used as a means of suicide.

Hopefully, she is doing okay. Nods my head @ BP for not being able to go into detail, I get it and I understand..................

On 10/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, Savoir Faire said:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay so I went looking for my friend Madonna whom I haven't seen for the past couple of weekends and again, I didn't see her. In the meantime, I run into this HOMELESS HUSBAND and WIFE. The guy comes up to me and he gets to rambling on about how he wants something to eat but they won't serve him on foot at the drive through. Then he tells me he has money, which he wasn't lying about, he pulled out a 100 dollar bill. I suggested, why don't you just go buy some food at the gas station which was right across the parking lot but he ignored me on that. So I pulled out some food that I had just bought (salmon and sweet potatoes) and gave it to him. He opens it up to look/inspect it LOL which I thought was funny but he looked it over then handed it to his wife. His wife grabbed it and took off walking but she was enjoying it big time. Now I am not going to lie, I figured one of them would have said thanks but NOPE the husband went right back to trying to get me to go order him some food by way of drive through. I almost gave him my salmon but I quickly snapped out of that idea because I remembered that I was hungry LOL. Then another lady who is in a wheel chair with a blanket wrapped around her was shivering and man, I offered her a chance to get in my car to warm up, which she refused to take up on my offer, I had to just walk away from her...........................I said a prayer for her though, which I feel is worth plenty yet only cost me my time................................... 

22 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

OK now I'm FUCKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!

Under further review, no I am not. Please go back to your previous broadcast episodes.  

19 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Under further review, no I am not. Please go back to your previous broadcast episodes.  

Happy to hear life is now good! Anything fun planned for the weekend @sparkey600?

5 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Happy to hear life is now good! Anything fun planned for the weekend @sparkey600?

Just the usual things at my place....Feed the birds and squirrels, blue jays and finches.. Keep an eye out for bears. Pet the doggo and 20 pound cat! and chill out, which is something I don't get to do very often. Thanks for asking Baby Girl!

Tomorrow I am going to my granddaughters birthday party. Sorry l, to get back to you late, I would enjoy seeing the birds on out on your property! I bet it is beautiful. 😘

On 9/23/2023 at 11:36 AM, TML93 said:

I thought twice about posting this, because I don't want to yuck anybody's yum.  I know the point of this story is the generosity of someone unfortunate who has very little.  But this story mad me a little sad.  It appears that she would rather have drugs than food.  She essentially (All be it maybe not interntionally) sold you her cheeseburger for drugs.  I know technically she didn't sell it to you because she said you did not owe her anything.  But for all intent and purposes, she sold it to you when she said you could give her money to buy drugs.  Maybe instead of money you could give her some food more nutritious than McDonald's?  She might not accept it, I have had my own experience trying to give a homeless person food.  They got angry and said they wanted cash.  But I hope she is doing well, and she is able to resolve the issue of whoever is out to get her.  And I hope she can stay warm with the colder weather approaching.

🖕🖕🖕 the homeless!! Over 90% of them are drunks / addicts or both and are total blight on society!!  Round up their lazy asses and send'em to Iran !!   

On 12/9/2023 at 10:29 PM, Imyrhklbry said:

🖕🖕🖕 the homeless!! Over 90% of them are drunks / addicts or both and are total blight on society!!  Round up their lazy asses and send'em to Iran !!   

I don't know if I would agree that over 90 percent of the HOMELESS are drunks/addicts but I would hate to enlighten you, that a lot of people that have a place to stay are also drunks/addicts. I also don't agree with your statement that they are lazy LOL. I see them as straight up HUSTLERS just trying to survive. Be careful Huck Berry, you are a great candidate for getting stepped on as a berry because of your views on life................

On 9/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, Savoir Faire said:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!! I ran into Madonna last night. She was going in and out of the trash cans looking for what she called, thrown away treasures. She told me the last time I saw her it would be nice if I could bring her some blankets/pillows. Well, she beat me to it. She had 3 blankets that she got from somewhere and she told me that she was GOOD. She doesn't even ask for me money anymore, its mainly food or items that she needs. LOL @ 14 sugars and 12 creamers for her coffee. She says, do you mind if I sit in your vehicle to get warm, I said sure come on in. She gets in the back seat and 10 minutes later she is firing it up. My vehicle was lit the fuck up and she was stretched out like a baby with a fresh bottle of milk, yet she was somewhere between sleep or passed out LMAO. I had to roll down my windows to breathe and then she woke up LOL. I think she kind of realized she had overstepped her boundaries and she then got out of my vehicle. She said thanks and I said until next time....................................... Shaking my head as my little friend vanishes into HER WAY OF LIFE or THE DENVER STREET LIFE............................ I drove home thinking to myself, that woman is TOUGH as nails.....................She sits, sleeps on the rocks, spends the entire day looking through garbage cans, smoking/getting high and dealing with whatever life throws her way.......................