Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rose Marie VIP

Why is Denver so Special?

16 posts in this topic

Hi People, I m new to the area looking for fun things to do? What are three things everyone should do in Denver? 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, Rose Marie VIP said:

Hi People, I m new to the area looking for fun things to do? What are three things everyone should do in Denver? 

1.  Book an hour with one of the TOB lovelies.

2. See a Bronco game at Mile High. 

3. Go for a walk/hike in the mountains (I know....not technically Denver, but still has to be on the list). FYI, shopping in Vail doesn't really qualify 😁.

I got this………..

1) Visit Rose Marie.

2) Visit Rose Marie.

3) Visit Rose Marie.

Lots of fun places to visit in and around Denver.  If you are a zoo fan, check out the Denver Zoo.  If plants are your thing, check out the Botanic Gardens.  See a concert at one of the best outdoor locations in the world...Red Rocks.  Go south to Colorado Springs to visit Garden of the Gods.  Head up to Estes Park and through Rocky Mountain National Park.  Denver has a great live music scene...Vortex by Meow Wolf was just here.  If you are a sports fan, we have the Stanley Cup Champions...the Colorado Avalanche.  And of course, this is still a Bronco's town and the excitement is building because of our new quarterback, Russell Wilson.  So many options to explore.  Hope you have some fun and get the chance to check out some of the local sites.

Special about Denver? Absolutely nothing. Don't settle in and find another state to call home. 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, sb1212 said:

1.  Book an hour with one of the TOB lovelies.

2. See a Bronco game at Mile High. 

3. Go for a walk/hike in the mountains (I know....not technically Denver, but still has to be on the list). FYI, shopping in Vail doesn't really qualify 😁.

She is a provider. 

Depends on your definition of special...this is gonna be longer than some answers here  and so I'll elaborate on three things to do that are fun!

1-Concerts. They're just great here. Red Rocks and other venues as well. I've been to a couple hundred since coming here and most were fantastic😊

2-Art events--a more recent thing I've gotten into here and I've been missing out. There is a great art scene here, beyond just the Art Museum downtown too.  Englewood has a couple galleries run by some great people, and they get their hands on some amazing and famous stuff that's worth seeing. I personally prefer Englewood over Santa Fe district for the art. 

3-Antique and Secondhand shopping in Denver area is the best I've seen anywhere. If you put in the time and you have particular tastes in stuff; you can totally deck out your house, your decor, or your wardrobe in nothing but a certain era of pieces. Want a 50's kitchen in its entirety? Want to wear nothing but contemporary casual vintage? Have you always fantasized about a fully appointed mid century modern living and dining setup? It's totally doable and probably for less than you would imagine. I've had a blast hunting down my eras and 90% of my stuff is second hand or otherwise curated outside of the brand-new retail market. If you're into that, this is a GREAT place to make it so. 

can you tell I take my shopping a bit seriously? 🤣

On 9/18/2022 at 11:02 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Botanical Gardens is one of my favorites 

If you go to the Botanical Gardens go sit next to the water and enjoy the beautiful giant Lily pads. I always feel so serene After visiting there. 🥰

Take a drive to Estes Park and enjoy the view, Check out Pikes Peak and catch a concert. You'll do great. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:25 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

If you go to the Botanical Gardens go sit next to the water and enjoy the beautiful giant Lily pads. I always feel so serene After visiting there. 🥰

I saw the Mavericks there a couple months ago. What a great show that was! Totally unforgettable and in a beautiful venue...

30 minutes ago, TrystinTrimble said:

I saw the Mavericks there a couple months ago. What a great show that was! Totally unforgettable and in a beautiful venue...

I bet that was fun!  I wanted to go see “yes” a few years ago. However, the Tickets were costly! The Botanical Gardens is one of my favorites! Especially when you need to get out of my head! 

Back for a recent week long visit.  Remarked about the things I miss about Denver (not in any order).

• The food - Asian, African, Latin, American, Continental - it’s all here
  • Sunsets
  • Museums
  • Friends

If you like history, there's a ton of gold rush and railroad history around!  Take the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak!  Fantastic!

If you like fine dining, I recommend Flagstaff House near boulder, and the Sunday brunch at the Broadmoor in C Springs.  Neither can be beat.

I would start with a lot of fun with providers in your area or out of your area ..  Food Fun & More Food & Fun !!!