Caressa Duval

Denver GoTopless Day is Back!! 8/28/2022

16 posts in this topic

During the month of August many cities are having a "Go Topless" day, bringing awareness to having equal rights in yet another area of the laws. Men get to show there hairy ugly nipples all the time in public, but a woman slips a nip in public view and that is indecent exposure. The same goes in advertising. Bare chested men are just fine, but women's nipples a BIG NO NO.

Here is the link to the the national organization. It lists the cities having "National Go Topless Day" events across the country. They all happen in August.

https://gotopless.org/

The ♥ 2022 DenverGoTopless Day Parade ♥ is on Sunday, August 28, 2022 at the Civic Center Park. Here is the link for more information.

https://www.denvergotopless.com/events/2022-denvergotopless-parade

After this year, as a woman in this country...HELL YES! I will take my opportunity for booby freedom 🥳 We got to grab that freedom while we have any left!

So a guy showing up to cheer you all on would be good or bad?  Inquiring minds :D

55 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

So a guy showing up to cheer you all on would be good or bad?  Inquiring minds :D

It is topless equality for ALL people.  All genders will be walking side by side. I hope all the people are cheering, and supporting equal rights for everyone!

https://gotopless.org/faqs/list/all

https://gotopless.org/news.php?extend.184.2

#ToplessEquality in the Denver area and beyond, as a means of combating objectification, harassment, and rape culture.
#DenverGoTopless #FreeTheNipple #ToplessEquality #GoTopless #SocialActivism
Edited by Caressa Duval

On this day in 1920 women got the right to vote! "Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment granted women the right to vote. The 19th amendment legally guarantees American women the right to vote. Achieving this milestone required a lengthy and difficult struggle—victory took decades of agitation and protest".

Women's Equality Day is August 26th. "Women's Equality Day is celebrated in the United States on August 26 to commemorate the 1920 adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment (Amendment XIX) to the United States Constitution, which prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was first celebrated in 1971, designated by Congress in 1973, and is proclaimed each year by the United States President."

This is why GoTopless Days occur in August :) it really has not been that long that women have had the right to vote. When you think about it. It is also unbelievable that in 2022, women are still having to fight to have our rights protected.

For those of us that are shy hahahahaha. They will have artists there to paint your boobies or chest at the event.  More for privacy in the biz, I think I would prefer to paint my face ;) My boobs will be covered with a thick layer of sun screen. My girls don't get to see the sun much :)

https://www.denvergotopless.com/2019-gallery-by-noah-graham

On 8/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, CountryGentleman said:

Dammit!  I won't be able to go...  :eek:

I wish you could go. We could get matching paint jobs :)  I think the body art will be one of the things I enjoy most. Along with supporting a very good cause!

https://youtu.be/o44KHInIybA

Make sure you buckle-up as you drive to the event....

C42E9C08-0306-4F14-A334-1BAA445F0DF0_4_5005_c.jpeg

I hope the openly public Denver Go Topless parade and events were civil, respectful, meaningful, and encouraging for both participants and observers.

That said, there are a few questions I wonder about. Are attractive persuasion, which includes the practice of an influencer obtaining the audience or receiver's permission for the influencer to ask a question, and truth in advertising two of the best ways to engage in crucial conversations? That is, can attractive persuasion be effective to appeal to improve cultural norms while respecting where each individual is in their current comprehensions, boundaries, and journeys?

Looking at the Denver Go Topless website, it is clear anyone considering the website would obtain truth in advertising about what the purpose, hope, expectation, and intent of the event. Consequently, for the person having had seen the website, the person can arrive to the event knowing what to expect and possibly participate in or support.

I do wonder, however, if the public paradigm-shifting, cultural-norm-changing appeal experience would be for individuals and people who did not see the website, did not know of the parade in advance, and who happened to be in the area of the parade during the event. It seems to me it would be probable that at least some observers would not have had the opportunity to consider the arriving event in light of their personal comprehension, boundaries, and journeys. Consequently, I imagine some observers might turn away or experience a measure of unpleasant surprise or stronger unwelcome reaction that might result in raising mental blocks and mind closures leading to disappointments or worse. Even a person who may be personally open to the appeal may also have pause knowing their employer may fire them if it becomes known or recorded they attended a culturally-norm-changing public event. For example, a person may have pause if their employer has a public image protection clause in their contract with the person, even for off-work times, which a number of firms have.

The thing I appreciate about invitational events or sessions where the person responds to a sign, advertisement, or invitation by arriving to enter through a front door or gate, on the other hand, is the arriving person knows what they are entering into and has some welcome idea of what to expect. For example, a person who sees an advertisement or announcement for a gentlemen’s club featuring topless dancers and entering through a front door knows what the person is walking into and what to expect. The same could be said about a person entering into a nudist club or into an in-call provider space for a private session. As for an interpersonal interaction between a provider and a client, I suspect good provider-client experiences result from attractive persuasion practices of honest or protective answers to permission requests, whether yes or no, that respects listed, expressed, or revealed boundaries.

In closing, may we appreciate each other as we attractively engage conversations in a respectful and caring environment.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:46 AM, Caressa Duval said:

Thanks Kaduk!  I am planning on taking an Uber to the event.  I am sure the Uber driver won't mind, as long as I have my seat belt on ;)

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-gotopless-day-returning-14569134 

I bet the Uber drivers had the best day of their lives. 😁

On 8/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, sweetmoment said:

I hope the openly public Denver Go Topless parade and events were civil, respectful, meaningful, and encouraging for both participants and observers.

That said, there are a few questions I wonder about. Are attractive persuasion, which includes the practice of an influencer obtaining the audience or receiver's permission for the influencer to ask a question, and truth in advertising two of the best ways to engage in crucial conversations? That is, can attractive persuasion be effective to appeal to improve cultural norms while respecting where each individual is in their current comprehensions, boundaries, and journeys?

Looking at the Denver Go Topless website, it is clear anyone considering the website would obtain truth in advertising about what the purpose, hope, expectation, and intent of the event. Consequently, for the person having had seen the website, the person can arrive to the event knowing what to expect and possibly participate in or support.

I do wonder, however, if the public paradigm-shifting, cultural-norm-changing appeal experience would be for individuals and people who did not see the website, did not know of the parade in advance, and who happened to be in the area of the parade during the event. It seems to me it would be probable that at least some observers would not have had the opportunity to consider the arriving event in light of their personal comprehension, boundaries, and journeys. Consequently, I imagine some observers might turn away or experience a measure of unpleasant surprise or stronger unwelcome reaction that might result in raising mental blocks and mind closures leading to disappointments or worse. Even a person who may be personally open to the appeal may also have pause knowing their employer may fire them if it becomes known or recorded they attended a culturally-norm-changing public event. For example, a person may have pause if their employer has a public image protection clause in their contract with the person, even for off-work times, which a number of firms have.

The thing I appreciate about invitational events or sessions where the person responds to a sign, advertisement, or invitation by arriving to enter through a front door or gate, on the other hand, is the arriving person knows what they are entering into and has some welcome idea of what to expect. For example, a person who sees an advertisement or announcement for a gentlemen’s club featuring topless dancers and entering through a front door knows what the person is walking into and what to expect. The same could be said about a person entering into a nudist club or into an in-call provider space for a private session. As for an interpersonal interaction between a provider and a client, I suspect good provider-client experiences result from attractive persuasion practices of honest or protective answers to permission requests, whether yes or no, that respects listed, expressed, or revealed boundaries.

In closing, may we appreciate each other as we attractively engage conversations in a respectful and caring environment.

Very well said! I agree 100% with you!