13 posts in this topic

Thank her for her service, and thank you for supporting her .

Semper Fi

Former Army here 1969-1971.

I hope she stays safe.

My thanks for her service.

I had a number of family members serve.  My dad was a 20 year Navy guy who went through WWII.  Uncles and cousins who served in WWII and Viet Nam and a Great Uncle who served in WWI who received an honor from Woodrow Wilson for his service.  This is a day to honor all who served and I will be reflecting on my family members.

Just a suggestion, I started this a few years ago...  I always have a few gift cards on me to hand out to our service men and women when I meet them out in the public.

Of course we thank them for their service everyday we can but I didn't feel as that it was enough for me, the look on their face is worth every dollar I have ever given away to them.  This is the prefect day to acknowledge them in a special way!

4 hours ago, johnnybgood said:

Just a suggestion, I started this a few years ago...  I always have a few gift cards on me to hand out to our service men and women when I meet them out in the public.

Of course we thank them for their service everyday we can but I didn't feel as that it was enough for me, the look on their face is worth every dollar I have ever given away to them.  This is the prefect day to acknowledge them in a special way!

What a great idea. I'm going to start doing that. Thank you.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, Caressa Duval said:

I am the proud mother of a Marine! No mother could ever be so proud and scared of my daughter ! The bravest woman I have ever seen. So not the standard.  They would call her, "the hippy Marine". Not so much now, she would call me, why Mom?,

She went on to gain rainks most men will never conceive!

You will never see this, but No One on this day could love you more for service to a country who could care less about one of their own.

All of us on here love her too. God bless your very brave daughter and the protector of our great nation!  

16 hours ago, average1 said:

I had a number of family members serve.  My dad was a 20 year Navy guy who went through WWII.  Uncles and cousins who served in WWII and Viet Nam and a Great Uncle who served in WWI who received an honor from Woodrow Wilson for his service.  This is a day to honor all who served and I will be reflecting on my family members.

Blesses to all of your family members that served without thinking about themselves! TRUE HERO'S all of them! I'm sure you are very proud of your family members as I am!  Average! Blesses to you and your family, we very much appreciate all that they have done! True hero's like I've said!

On 11/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, Caressa Duval said:

I am the proud mother of a Marine! No mother could ever be so proud and scared of my daughter ! The bravest woman I have ever seen. So not the standard.  They would call her, "the hippy Marine". Not so much now, she would call me, why Mom?,

She went on to gain rainks most men will never conceive!

You will never see this, but No One on this day could love you more for service to a country who could care less about one of their own.

I feel that way about my son who is in the Navy now for 17 years.  I always wish him the best on this day of rememberance.  I was in Nam and lost some good friends there and remember them and their families as well. 

Yes,I thank my Two older brothers for serving our country as well as on the other men that served in ladies who served our country