Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wglide2003

Daylight Saving Time

12 posts in this topic

Woke up and found I have an extra hour to do nothing. Went back to sleep.

7 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Woke up and found I have an extra hour to do nothing. Went back to sleep.

That is literally the best !

Yes, it’s lovely until it’s dark at 4pm. 😆  Thank gosh, it’s usually sunny here.

I'm so not cool with daylight savings! I don't mind falling back and gaining the extra hour of sleep, but sucks that we lose an hour of sunlight. Don't even get me started on losing an hour of sleep in the spring, fu*k.......... 

It looked like it was nighttime at 7am the other morning. I wanted to go for my morning walk, but I don't like walking alone in the dark.  I'm cool with the sun going down early too.  😎

Keep in mind folks how the mornings would be without daylight savings time……..

At the end of December the sun would rise at around 8:30 am.

In the middle of April the sun would rise around 4:30 am.

Looking at these two real world examples………….

I will stick with daylight savings time!

30 years ago or so, the U.S. experimented with year round daylight savings time.  People hated it.  It was declared a disaster. It stayed dark in the morning until around 8am or maybe later in December and January. I don't remember for sure.

The debate about daylight savings time only comes up when its time to change the clocks. Personally, I don't see changing the clocks as a big deal.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Personally, I don't see changing the clocks as a big deal.

Agreed! Other than having to wake up at 2am to change the oven and microwave clock it doesn't bother me at all.

I can't stand it.  I wake up at the same time no matter what.  My body is telling me it is 5 am right now.  Getting off work and it is dark and cold outside, I find no pleasure in not seeing daylight every winter.   It has been proven there are more car accidents, and more heart attaches when we do these clock changes.  For some children with special needs, changes in their routine by  1 hour causes weeks of mental stress. It was created for War time and then retailers, and the golf industry. Farmers had nothing to do with it. There is no good reason to put our bodies through this twice a year.

It means my bike sits in the garage till the weekend since I wont ride in the dark immediately after work.  Makes it more difficult to maintain my svelte figure....😂