jhooker

Return of Jhooker

13 posts in this topic

Greetings friends, been a few years and in some ways feels like 100 years but I just left a review to a wonderful woman who I had the pleasure of spending some time with. 

I hung up my spurs for what I expected to be for good and all but got married to a wonderful gorgeous woman and we became fused as one and truly soul tied, I loved her deeply  but she passed away suddenly in 2019 (nothing to do with covid) and I was left shattered in a million pieces.  The only time in my life I ever considered suicide. I didn't allow the dark thought to take me but I now understand why some people do, anything to end the dull physical pain in your heart, it's very real and it doesn't go away except with time. 

So, I'm ok now thank you. And I have always been kind of stoic in my appreciation for the wonderful ladies here and now even more so. For you classy girls who understand the human side of this community I commend you. We all experience the worst that life can dish out eventually and not all of us are bad people, just people and sometimes it gets freakin lonely and human touch and intimacy are just as important to health and well being as anything else. Stay safe everyone and ladies I hope to meet some new faces as I see some that I knew are off the grid........kisses!

Welcome back.  So sorry for your loss and understand the way(s) you considered handling the pain.  Glad you are still here.  Just so you know, some of us (that would be me) have also done some VERY unskillful things to handle grief and loss.  There is no timetable for grief and loss.  Grieve fully and let the healing continue to happen.  Take good care of yourself.

Thanks for your post.  Being "real" can be strange, but it is a great way to honor our genuine human feelings.

Sorry for your loss.  But as long as you remember them, they will never be forgotten.  So welcome back. Enjoy the ride and may everything go smooth.

remember and cherish the time you got to spend with her. and welcome back.

I remember that every day I have on this earth is special, I take none for granted anymore, we've all suffered loss and I understand that... some of us have suffered more than others but I enjoy everyday to the best I can.  I hold nothing back anymore,  I tell the ones dearly to me how truely special they are to me every single day.  Jhooker I'm so so sorry, I feel your pain to lose a soulmate.  I keep waking up looking for something that would give me hope everyday.  Baby steps to me and I think  I'm in a good place now, I pray for you that you find your same space to enjoy life with the special people around you!

wow man...  Thanks for sharing that, I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you find happiness in this next stage of life!

It does get easier (8yrs & counting).

Welcome back & enjoy life.  Remember, the goal is to slide into home plate yelling, ‘What a ride!” BTW, the check to your undertaker should bounce😁

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

BTW, the check to your undertaker should bounce😁

Really want to check the fine print on your warrenty under Karma. Stiffing the undertaker is 2nd paragraph. 

I know where you’re coming from. Lost my wife May 3rd. I was in a dark place and still fighting to keep moving forward. I was blessed to have her by my side for forty five years and can’t believe she’s not with me. I always thought I would be the first to go. For the last three years I always thought she would get better. Carrying a purse and oxygen was part of me. Sitting in a doctors waiting room and walking her to appointments gave me a way to pay her back for always being by my side when I needed her. At one point I even became angry she left without me.

Trust me, I know. 😏

Edited by tide32
Spelling sucks

When I had my loss I tried desperately to feel normal again and I found that it helped to try and do the same things I'd used to do beforehand. This hobby and this community had been a part of my life before, and despite missed results, I found it for the most part helped to reengage with this community and dip my toe back into the hobby. I think you made the right decision by coming back and I hope it helps you find your way on a long journey.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:24 AM, Alex Majors said:

Sorry for your loss.  But as long as you remember them, they will never be forgotten.  So welcome back. Enjoy the ride and may everything go smooth.

Right keep forward instead of looking back.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, John335 said:

Right keep forward instead of looking back.

That’s what I keep telling myself but after a few years it’s taking that first step that scares me. I guess I just need to make the call and see what happens. I’m really tired of arguing with Titus 🐶 and his conversation skills suck. 😏