Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil-anderer

It's been slow...

19 posts in this topic

I've been on a Covid pause for almost a year at this point, so that has been slow.  But also, conversation on here has also been slow.  

I look forward to the conversations that occur here.  So that being said, how are people?

What's pandemic life looking like?  What good has come from it?  

Hopefully everyone is hanging in there with life.

My trade is considered essential, so I'm still working.

I'm starting to notice some clients are beginning to delay work, as they are not getting the income they once were.

Other than work, I mostly stay home. I do dine out now and then, and shop for food as needed. I watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon video.

I'm really looking forward to everyone getting the vaccine, so I can visit people without a mask.

Phi-anderer - I'm glad you are surviving!  :)

I retired this year so the money thing was already planned out.

Not quite stir crazy. I miss hugs, smiles and most of all being around others. I did hobby a few times without any issues.

I had to cancel trips incoming visitors and most of all concerts and in person sporting events.

Can’t wait to get a vaccine shot.

We all have to look ahead............

This will pass much sooner then later!

I had Covid, and got pretty sick - I definitely do NOT want to get again.  Counting the days til I'm vaccinated.

I'm also missing hugs from my friends and family.  Once I'm vaccinated I'll start hobbying again!  

It will definitely pass, hopefully this year if we get a critical mass of vaccinated people.  

Spending a lot of time in wilderness areas by myself, just me and my cameras.   LOTS of time by myself.  If I was not such an asshole, I would enjoy spending time with me.  :)

I’m sorry for the loneliness and slowness. TOB is one of our few forms of entertainment. It would be lovely to see a concert/show, live sporting event etc. My new hobbies are counting blessings, knocking on wood, and trusting others with my shopping. Soon we will be able to enjoy each other without fear. I’m glad you got better @Phil-anderer ;)

THanks!  I guess I'm also hoping for more regular conversation/dialogue on here, as I value those as well.  Sure, some are inane, and there's always the rate BS, but otherwise, I enjoy the stuff on here.

I love this thread checking in with each other especially during uncertain times.   I'm not on TOB much while I'm on Hiatus and I don't see many people right now either.  Its been a nice break not being on social media but I try to check in from time to time.  I'm finding the alone and quiet time quite enjoyable I must admit.  Having my sweet pup with me has been wonderful too. I'm very much looking forward to getting the vaccine when it's available to me.  It won't be soon enough. Thanks for this post @Phil-anderer.  I'm glad you recovered.  I hope we don't lose any of our beloved members here. 

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

I got my first vaccine dose, waiting on the second.

23 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

What good has come from it? 

I am usually able to find the proverbial pony in any pile, but for the life of me, I find little good in all this and even less in gov't response. Since Feb, I have candidly hoped that the "patient survives the cure."  It's now clear that many won't. Dramatic increases in teen suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, domestic violence, and homicide are most obvious. Prolonged anxiety, depression and angst are less obvious but profound. The damaging effects of this are going to be with us for awhile. I know there are many examples of heartbreak as a direct result of COVID. I don't minimize these. However, the societal and long term effects of the shut down are less obvious and probably more damaging and costly in the long run. 

Maybe it’s slow in here because the same people are constantly saying the same shit? Nah, couldn’t be... Or maybe it’s exhausting maintaining that internet persona and always having a clever topic or response? Nah, couldn’t be that either...

Happy you are healthy too!

Thinking within time life will get easier for us all. I had a few medical procedures, walked many miles, deep meditations. Many phone conversations with my daughter. She as well as some incredible clients - I call friends are getting me through these crazy difficult times. It is vital to have people to reach out too. Social distance goes It goes humanity. So much to be thankful for. ❤️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

On 1/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, Happymon said:

... However, the societal and long term effects of the shut down are less obvious and probably more damaging and costly in the long run. 

Definitely.  Some reports say that as many as 20-30% of America’s small businesses will not survive.

21 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Happy you are healthy too!

Thinking within time life will get easier for us all. I had a few medical procedures, walked many miles, deep meditations. Many phone conversations with my daughter. She as well as some incredible clients - I call friends are getting me through these crazy difficult times. It is vital to have people to reach out too. Social distance goes It goes humanity. So much to be thankful for. ❤️

Sorry “social distance” goes against human nature is what I meant to say. Not going to talk about my political views. Because you know that which has never been so much of a problem in the past. Has seriously broken up families and friendships. Making us all feel a bit lonelier! 😭😭😭😭
Deleting the past of my life and moving forward. I am a new me! Sending compassion. ❤️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Words

7 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Definitely.  Some reports say that as many as 20-30% of America’s small businesses will not survive.

So sorry about your businesses!  The new world order is leaving a bitter taste for many of my friends! Reiki❤️

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Sorry “social distance” goes against human nature is what I meant to say. Not going to talk about my political views. Because you know that which has never been so much of a problem in the past. Has seriously broken up families and friendships. Making us all feel a bit lonelier! 😭😭😭😭
Deleting the past of my life and moving forward. I am a new me! Sending compassion. ❤️

Prolonged "social distancing" certainly brings its share of side effects. The impact of the masks is horrible. In a crowd, we make all sorts of subtle (and not so subtle) judgements about the crowd based on facial features. Cut off from that, it's a very lonely and tension filled experience to be around others.  

18 hours ago, Happymon said:

Prolonged "social distancing" certainly brings its share of side effects. The impact of the masks is horrible. In a crowd, we make all sorts of subtle (and not so subtle) judgements about the crowd based on facial features. Cut off from that, it's a very lonely and tension-filled experience to Be around others.  

Yes and it becomes extra difficult to make a judgement on how best to addressing someone when you only are able to see part of a face! I am so ready get rid of the masks also! My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering from the shut down. All those who have been sick or have had family members die during this crazy time. 

COVID or no COVID, being a semi truck driver........well enough said.  

I have worked through this whole thing. My job takes me all over town. So I am not stuck at home.  It was a bummer to not be able to dine-in for the first few  months or get a haircut. Traffic was lighter but except for a few differences, everything was the same.  I still see my siblings. Maybe not as much as I used to but everyone is busy. I have still taken time to see a number of different girls. Strip clubs closed for a few months but are in full swing. I have known a few people who have had the virus and recovered. I still wear my mask as required. Actually had to be in an area with active covid cases for 2 days. I survived without a problem.  As far as a vaccine, I will be probably the last person  eligible to get it.