Carleybustygirl

Living with the pandemic can life go back to normal??

117 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Happymon said:

Given that the vast, vast vast majority of recorded deaths from COVID are over 65 and the overwhelming majority of that have been over 80, how many do you think had Midicare/Medicade

Um.... count my cousin that was 45 when he died of Covid 19. I'm sure you have a "snappy" answer to his death? No heart issues, no high blood pressure. No over weight. No underlying health issues that he suffered from..... I'm so sick and tired of people like you that think "nothing like this can happen to me" People like you are most certainly the problem. "Oh I don't need to wear a mask" It's someone else's problem" "all good is going on here" REALLY?? YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks for your professional opinion, my family really appreciates it. Anything else? LIKE WEAR A DAMN MASK? And perhaps save someone else?  

Again...My Cousin is DEAD! A snappy answer? HE's DEAD!!!! If you really think as you mentioned above that this only effects people above the age of 65, let me ask you this? Are you're mother and Father alive? Do you have uncles and aunts that might want to live through this?

Me? Yes to all and I will do everything in my humble power to keep them safe from all of this stupid crap going on right now. And for you're information, you can be glad my cousin was never on Medicare/Medicare as to not to be a burden on your taxes. President Trump thanks you for your vote.

I've lost all respect for you on here. You need to do a little more thinking before you post.

People like you are the problem during a PANDEMIC like this. I'm glad you have no at risk people you love or no risk people you love. Yay you!

Life must be great for you, unlike the rest of us that are terrified for our over 65 loved ones. Mom's, Dad's, Uncles, Aunts, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Friends,

Sleep well bro. You live in a great world. The rest of us? We can die alone. We're good with that. Please don't offer us your condolences, you just showed your true strips here. Keep your inner thoughts and your political thoughts to yourself. GO JOE! Dump TRUMP!

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Um.... count my cousin that was 45 when he died of Covid 19. I'm sure you have a "snappy" answer to his death? No heart issues, no high blood pressure. No over weight. No underlying health issues that he suffered from..... I'm so sick and tired of people like you that think "nothing like this can happen to me" People like you are most certainly the problem. "Oh I don't need to wear a mask" It's someone else's problem" "all good is going on here" REALLY?? YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!"

Thanks for your professional opinion, my family really appreciates it. Anything else? LIKE WEAR A DAMN MASK? And perhaps save someone else?  

Again...My Cousin is DEAD! A snappy answer? HE's DEAD!!!! If you really think as you mentioned above that this only effects people above the age of 65, let me ask you this? Are you're mother and Father alive? Do you have uncles and aunts that might want to live through this?

Me? Yes to all and I will do everything in my humble power to keep them safe from all of this stupid crap going on right now. And for you're information, you can be glad my cousin was never on Medicare/Medicare as to not to be a burden on your taxes. President Trump thanks you for your vote.

I've lost all respect for you on here. You need to do a little more thinking before you post.

People like you are the problem during a PANDEMIC like this. I'm glad you have no at risk people you love or no risk people you love. Yay you!

Life must be great for you, unlike the rest of us that are terrified for our over 65 loved ones. Mom's, Dad's, Uncles, Aunts, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Friends,

Sleep well bro. You live in a great world. The rest of us? We can die alone. We're good with that. Please don't offer us your condolences, you just showed your true strips here. Keep your inner thoughts and your political thoughts to yourself. GO JOE! Dump TRUMP!

19 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

No clue on the Medicaid/Medicare question but that’s because I don’t have time to comb through it all so I can’t even begin to make an educated guess it assumption especially since I’ve never considered or thought about the portion of the population that currently depends on either service. For Medicare you can comb through this. I’d guess there’s something similar for Medicaid. 

The CDC does give total numbers does give total numbers on demographics with the majority of deaths happening to those simply over the age of 65 since the CDC doesn’t give an exact age. So I’d say a majority over 85 vs overwhelming over 80 since they make up a larger % but not as much as I expected.

65-74: 45,950

75-84: 56,408

85+: 65,301

I asked a rhetorical question and spoke to the actual demographics of deaths. I didn't make this up. I inserted no interpretive remarks or personal opinions. I said nothing about masks.  I'm sorry for whatever loss you experienced, but I minimized none of that.  What in the world about what i said precipitated the 8 paragraphs of personal attacks and name calling? 

Edited by Happymon

On 10/31/2020 at 7:16 AM, Happymon said:

I asked a rhetorical question and spoke to the actual demographics of deaths. I didn't make this up. I inserted no interpretive remarks or personal opinions. I said nothing about masks.  I'm sorry for whatever loss you experienced, but I minimized none of that.  What in the world about what i said precipitated the 8 paragraphs of personal attacks and name calling? 

You are right and I'm wrong. I'm sorry for my rant.

Please accept my apology. As you can imagine, this stuff hits pretty "home" to me.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Quit living in fear and stop letting the government control you, that’s how 

Well! COVID is not just about the death but about the pain and problems which I experienced recently. I went to meet a provider after posting the above and then found myself in fever within next 2 days. I am not sure how this provider is doing, but I get infected which was one of the worst thing that happened with me. Yes I am alive and will be back to normal, but believe me guys- nobody wants to feel the pain and agony I went through. It makes you very weak after when you recover from the symptoms. Stay safe and protect yourself. I am out from isolation but will still keep distance from others for at least another month, though the body ache also don’t allow me to go out.

4 hours ago, Lund said:

Well! COVID is not just about the death but about the pain and problems which I experienced recently. I went to meet a provider after posting the above and then found myself in fever within next 2 days. I am not sure how this provider is doing, but I get infected which was one of the worst thing that happened with me. Yes I am alive and will be back to normal, but believe me guys- nobody wants to feel the pain and agony I went through. It makes you very weak after when you recover from the symptoms. Stay safe and protect yourself. I am out from isolation but will still keep distance from others for at least another month, though the body ache also don’t allow me to go out.

I'm glad you're on the mend.

Your post leaves out a lot of details: did you get tested? Did the test come back positive? If so, what happened to contact tracing?  The very few cases with which I am familiar, County Health wants your contacts back a week/ten days. Are you under a physicians care?  If you're out of isolation then what's the additional  month of no contact (isolation?) about? 

The incubation period for COVID 19 is 7.7 days, so the most likely scenario is YOU exposed the provider. I hope you or county health informed the provider!!!  To state "I'm not sure how the provider is doing," is just irresponsible on your part. And what about the remainder of those you interacted with?  Did you take the same cavalier attitude towards them? 

Perhaps these are details you simply omitted from your post,  but you took care of. I hope so. 

Edited by Happymon

So much disappointment in this thread.  

What happened to being respectful?

6 hours ago, Happymon said:

I'm glad you're on the mend.

Your post leaves out a lot of details: did you get tested? Did the test come back positive? If so, what happened to contact tracing?  The very few cases with which I am familiar, County Health wants your contacts back a week/ten days. Are you under a physicians care?  If you're out of isolation then what's the additional  month of no contact (isolation?) about? 

The incubation period for COVID 19 is 7.7 days, so the most likely scenario is YOU exposed the provider. I hope you or county health informed the provider!!!  To state "I'm not sure how the provider is doing," is just irresponsible on your part. And what about the remainder of those you interacted with?  Did you take the same cavalier attitude towards them? 

Perhaps these are details you simply omitted from your post,  but you took care of. I hope so. 

Too many questions. Fever after 3 days meeting the provider, which clearly indicates that I was infected by her because of my lifestyle as I didn’t meet or came close to anyone other than her. She may not have symptoms when we met. My isolation is already over but I am still keeping myself isolated to avoid contact with others to spread it further, so you can’t call me irresponsible.

49 minutes ago, Lund said:

Too many questions. Fever after 3 days meeting the provider, which clearly indicates that I was infected by her because of my lifestyle as I didn’t meet or came close to anyone other than her. She may not have symptoms when we met. My isolation is already over but I am still keeping myself isolated to avoid contact with others to spread it further, so you can’t call me irresponsible.

I think there is so much we don’t know and fully understand with the virus.  I do hope you contacted the lady and let her know.  

If you didn’t have that much decency it speaks volumes.  

Pinned thread 

Sept. 7 2020 

last paragraph reads.

**Going forward let it be known by rule and guidance any individual that has contracted a transmissible condition will need to notify those they have been in close contact with so there is no doubt on how those individuals can do followup tracing...

7 hours ago, Lund said:

As stated previously, the incubation period average is over 7 days. So if you started with a fever 3 days after meeting her, you were more than likely already contagious when you met the lady.

Since you say she gave it to you, I get the impression that you did not contact the lady and let her know you had Covid.

Regardless of what you believe who was infected first....you have a moral responsibility to reach out to her and let her know you have Covid.

1 minute ago, ilovewomen said:

As stated previously, the incubation period average is over 7 days. So if you started with a fever 3 days after meeting her, you were more than likely already contagious when you met the lady.

Since you say she gave it to you, I get the impression that you did not contact the lady and let her know you had Covid.

Regardless of what you believe who was infected first....you have a moral responsibility to reach out to her and let her know you have Covid.

AMEN....

On 10/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, sparkey600 said:

On 10/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, sparkey600 said:

I think you need to check your math.

It's off by a lot. 227,000 deaths in the US alone from COVID 19 in the last 8 months, not like a year like you previously reported  but for 8 months... CDC reported, like you said 34k people died from the last flu season. That's for the whole year. COVID 19 is a much aggressive killer.

Do some simple math and see where it really is. Very tired of the whole "it'll be gone by the end of Summer" BS. No, I'm not a mask Nazi ..i I just wish people would take precaution's so we don't have to have another shut down. I have to tell you, I'm one of the "Follow some simple rules and save the lives of our at risk people" kind of person. You, seem to be not. Shame on you. The last pandemic killed over 675,00 Americans and over 52 million people world wide and you are bitching about wearing a dumb ass mask? All I ask is doing some socially distancing and wearing a dumb ass mask when you can't. Is that asking too much?

8 hours ago, Lund said:

What a dick move because you have no idea if she is close to someone that’s high risk.  

What a self centered ass you are and I’m thinking you probably made it on a few DNS lists.  

8 hours ago, Lund said:

Lund, you're starting to piss me off. 

Encapsulate this issue, current information and responsibility.

Pertaining to COVID-19 the consensus is and for the most part shows if you’re healthy, no co-morbidity or underlying conditions, more than likely you will recover just fine from a Covid-19 hit, so eat right, keep well hydrated, exercise and your body should most likely deal with this and recover. The sucky thing is, the antibodies rapidly decline and there’s been no evidence of antibodies in infected individuals beyond the two months post infection, making us vulnerable to reinfection. Not everyone who gets it has a death sentence. This C-19 virus is an asshole because of how it transmits (airborne with asymptotic transmission during the incubation period).

Now Pfizer who was never part of operation warp speed recently announcement that their company data shows a Vaccine Candidate at 90% effective, this would garner a peer review but looks promising. Would be at least two months out for 20 million doses distributed to the frontline workers who need it most, which makes Masks the greater priority at this time for everyone else.

Mask mandates (practice makes perfect) makes perfect sense. Generally speaking as we go about our daily routines. Everyone should ask themselves how proficient they're at wearing a mask and taking social distancing precaution, make a mental note if you feel you've been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for C-19 recently or if they’ve been around anyone that has displayed any symptoms. Take into consideration if traveling what health system orders are in place, avoid crowds.

Proper hygiene and a sensible approach to C-19 has been covered as in wear a proper mask to washing your hands. Individually focused everyone should shower as needed and if asked shower again, this helps remove viral particles that one may have picked up on their hair, beard, or skin.

Other items that I've recently researched is the many uses of hydrogen peroxide as a cleanser to even a hydrogen peroxide based mouth wash containing 1.5%-3% (crest makes it for whitening, it’s in a white bottle); or you can make your own as a 50/50 mix, water and 3% H2O2 - gargle for one minute and up to 4 times a day. Also there's infrared Thermometers that are fairly cheap from $16.99 to around $38.00 off of amazon that would come in handy.

There are so many things an individual can do when including a mask and limit gatherings if possible to one other person at a time as you make your way through the day.

Again if you aren't proficient at wearing a mask, start now and practice it to perfection. Protect the venerable population at this present time and through the winter. The mandate has always been flattening the curve, our already overwhelmed health system needs to operate smoothly and never come close to capacity. The health professionals are more likely to save lives now then at the beginning of this year, so hopefully this trend continues. As we are in the middle of this pandemic lets keep everyone alive and away from any severe health related aspects to C-19....

Good read::

Calamity forces people to ask fundamental questions: What is a community for? How is it put together? What are its basic needs? How should we provide them?

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/10/how-disaster-shaped-the-modern-city

On 11/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, sparkey600 said:

You are right and I'm wrong. I'm sorry for my rant.

Please accept my apology. As you can imagine, this stuff hits pretty "home" to me.

Nevertheless, please accept my condolences. I am so sorry for you loss. I think for many of us, our emotions are running high right now. Please take care, and bless you.

14 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Encapsulate this issue, current information and responsibility.

Pertaining to COVID-19 the consensus is and for the most part shows if you’re healthy, no co-morbidity or underlying conditions, more than likely you will recover just fine from a Covid-19 hit, so eat right, keep well hydrated, exercise and your body should most likely deal with this and recover. The sucky thing is, the antibodies rapidly decline and there’s been no evidence of antibodies in infected individuals beyond the two months post infection, making us vulnerable to reinfection. Not everyone who gets it has a death sentence. This C-19 virus is an asshole because of how it transmits (airborne with asymptotic transmission during the incubation period).

Now Pfizer who was never part of operation warp speed recently announcement that their company data shows a Vaccine Candidate at 90% effective, this would garner a peer review but looks promising. Would be at least two months out for 20 million doses distributed to the frontline workers who need it most, which makes Masks the greater priority at this time for everyone else.

Mask mandates (practice makes perfect) makes perfect sense. Generally speaking as we go about our daily routines. Everyone should ask themselves how proficient they're at wearing a mask and taking social distancing precaution, make a mental note if you feel you've been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for C-19 recently or if they’ve been around anyone that has displayed any symptoms. Take into consideration if traveling what health system orders are in place, avoid crowds.

Proper hygiene and a sensible approach to C-19 has been covered as in wear a proper mask to washing your hands. Individually focused everyone should shower as needed and if asked shower again, this helps remove viral particles that one may have picked up on their hair, beard, or skin.

Other items that I've recently researched is the many uses of hydrogen peroxide as a cleanser to even a hydrogen peroxide based mouth wash containing 1.5%-3% (crest makes it for whitening, it’s in a white bottle); or you can make your own as a 50/50 mix, water and 3% H2O2 - gargle for one minute and up to 4 times a day. Also there's infrared Thermometers that are fairly cheap from $16.99 to around $38.00 off of amazon that would come in handy.

There are so many things an individual can do when including a mask and limit gatherings if possible to one other person at a time as you make your way through the day.

Again if you aren't proficient at wearing a mask, start now and practice it to perfection. Protect the venerable population at this present time and through the winter. The mandate has always been flattening the curve, our already overwhelmed health system needs to operate smoothly and never come close to capacity. The health professionals are more likely to save lives now then at the beginning of this year, so hopefully this trend continues. As we are in the middle of this pandemic lets keep everyone alive and away from any severe health related aspects to C-19....

Good read::

Calamity forces people to ask fundamental questions: What is a community for? How is it put together? What are its basic needs? How should we provide them?

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/10/how-disaster-shaped-the-modern-city

Testing Info At-A-Glance stridechc.org/covid-19

Colorado Locations

Arapahoe County
STRIDE CHC goo.gl/maps/UyNa7RdPpRfJbC2D8

Del Mar 10680 Del Mar Parkway Aurora, CO 80010 || Monday – Friday 8 – 11 AM (or until supplies are depleted)

Pirates Cove Water Park - goo.gl/maps/mZUTFvEjTFjrtQkm6
1225 W. Belleview Ave. Littleton, CO 80120 || Tuesday & Thursday 10 AM – Noon (or until supplies are depleted)

Douglas County

Chaparral - goo.gl/maps/UPqRUwNz6DNBdopH6
15655 Brookstone Dr. Parker, CO 80134 || Friday 9 AM – Noon (or until supplies are depleted)

Douglas County Fairgrounds - goo.gl/maps/rFvNzW1UWNT7rhez9
500 Fairgrounds Rd. Castle Rock, CO 80104 || Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday 9 AM – Noon (or until supplies are depleted)

Lone Tree Arts Center - goo.gl/maps/BvaZLwQDP9D6nWF2A
10075 Commons St. Lone Tree, CO 80124 || Monday 9 AM – Noon (or until supplies are depleted)

St. Andrews - goo.gl/maps/u7qjSX5M5H3YGz1Q7
9023 S. University Blvd. Highlands Ranch, CO 80126 || Wednesday 9 AM – Noon (or until supplies are depleted)

Jefferson County

Jeffco Stadium -  goo.gl/maps/KUb2B44HqF1EfKgv8

500 Kipling St. Lakewood, CO 80226 || Monday – Friday 8 – 11 AM (or until supplies are depleted)

On 10/30/2020 at 11:35 PM, sparkey600 said:

So sad! I’m so sorry about your cousin. That’s horrible!! Condolences to you and your family.  Yes, we are seeing young deaths as well, even though, the majority of the mortality has been amongst older adults with underlying conditions or younger people with hypertension, obesity, diabetes, kidney disease etc. This is such a weird disease and everyone’s immune system has had a unique reaction. By the same token, a lot of older people over 65 have also recovered and didn’t die.  Hopefully a vaccine will be out there soon so we can pick up the pieces and live our lives without so much fear.  Blessings to you and your family, may your cousin Rest In Peace.  :(

2 minutes ago, Leyla Scott said:

So sad! I’m so sorry about your cousin. That’s horrible!! Condolences to you and your family.  Yes, we are seeing young deaths as well, even though, the majority of the mortality has been amongst older adults with underlying conditions or younger people with hypertension, obesity, diabetes, kidney disease etc. This is such a weird disease and everyone’s immune system has had a unique reaction. By the same token, a lot of older people over 65 have also recovered and didn’t die.  Hopefully a vaccine will be out there soon so we can pick up the pieces and live our lives without so much fear.  Blessings to you and your family, may your cousin Rest In Peace.  :(

I second that Leyla!

On 11/9/2020 at 0:09 PM, Lund said:

We all assume risks by this hobby. No one who does this is safe... as Kaduk has mentioned, there are safety measures we can take, however, none are a 100%.  If it was the provider you got it from, I assure you it was not on purpose. Chances are, she probably didn’t even know... transmission can be during asymptotic times, although higher chances of transmission are during the time when symptoms are present.  Please don’t hold this against her or anyone :(.  We do our best, you are all precious to us and we love our clients, we appreciate you for seeing us, and don’t want anything to happen to any of you.  It is miserable and it is bad, I’m so sorry you got sick and thank goodness you’re ok!  The only thing that’s a 100% guarantee is complete quarantine, no contact with the outside world. Hugs and kisses :wub:

2 hours ago, Leyla Scott said:

We all assume risks by this hobby. No one who does this is safe... as Kaduk has mentioned, there are safety measures we can take, however, none are a 100%.  If it was the provider you got it from, I assure you it was not on purpose. Chances are, she probably didn’t even know... transmission can be during asymptotic times, although higher chances of transmission are during the time when symptoms are present.  Please don’t hold this against her or anyone :(.  We do our best, you are all precious to us and we love our clients, we appreciate you for seeing us, and don’t want anything to happen to any of you.  It is miserable and it is bad, I’m so sorry you got sick and thank goodness you’re ok!  The only thing that’s a 100% guarantee is complete quarantine, no contact with the outside world. Hugs and kisses :wub:

Thank you for understanding the situation otherwise I was marked as a negative character. I am making sure not to connect with others though I know I am out from the quarantine period.

12 hours ago, Lund said:

Thank you for understanding the situation otherwise I was marked as a negative character. I am making sure not to connect with others though I know I am out from the quarantine period.

The question still remains...Did you contact the lady you visited and tell her you were sick or did you just go ahead and continue assuming she made you sick and you didn't bother saying anything to her?

On 11/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, ilovewomen said:

The question still remains...Did you contact the lady you visited and tell her you were sick or did you just go ahead and continue assuming she made you sick and you didn't bother saying anything to her?

You are no one to ask me a question and I am not liable to answer that to you.

32 minutes ago, Lund said:

And with that statement, we all know the answer.  

42 minutes ago, Lund said:

I believe you have answered the question to EVERYONE ON TOB with this response.

53 minutes ago, Lund said:

Good luck scheduling future sessions with any TOB affiliated provider. A little human decency would have been a good thing here.....

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I believe you have answered the question to EVERYONE ON TOB with this response.

Chill and get a life. I don’t need any certificates- I know my responsibilities and human decency which I have been following religiously which  I don’t need to share with anyone as I know what I am doing and the best what I can do.
I have been tired of explaining and don’t want more discussion as some people will always be pointing at me, no matters what. So, keep asking questions, I am not liable to answer you. I did what I was supposed to.