lintlizard

Coronavirus Poll

caronavirus poll   106 members have voted

1. 1. who's playing, who's not - you're anonymous

• I'm a CLIENT and I'm still playing
    • I'm a CLIENT and I'm not playing for a while
    • I'm a PROVIDER and I'm still taking appointments
    • I'm a PROVIDER and I'm not taking appointments for a while

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

It is precisely because I am so susceptible to passing it on that I am not seeing older gentleman at this time. God forbid I be an asymptomatic carrier and pass it to someone who cannot fight it off as well as I can. 

Edited by CallieVane

On 3/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, lintlizard said:

I think the financial fallout of this pandemic has the potential to make 2008 look like a little blip in the economy.

confirmed on 60 minutes last night by the fed chief in MN...

We can all look at the negative aspects of this because we're being bombarded with doom and gloom.

I think we should make a gratitude list and focus on all the positives.  

Beats the hell outta feeling so uncertain, helpless and sad.  What will each of you focus on today?

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

We can all look at the negative aspects of this because we're being bombarded with doom and gloom.

Beats the hell outta feeling so uncertain, helpless and sad.  What will each of you focus on today?

I am going to try and make someone smile today...from 6 ft away 😂

My ukulele group got together today - outdoors, 6’ spacing between chairs.  The 4 of us still had a good time.

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

i'll start the gratitude list:

1. Boobies

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

I’ve probably FaceTimed more people in the last two weeks than I have all of last year. All the friends I kept saying I needed to catch up with has been happening. I think the best so far are group Zooms. 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, ilovewomen said:

As I only visit one lady, I am still in the game as long as she is.

The question is, are you her only client? Otherwise you’re fucked!

Why no choice for I’m an ex-client and never partaking again?

1 hour ago, MightyRandomDude said:

The question is, are you her only client? Otherwise you’re fucked!

The way I see it, this is my choice.

You make your choices for you and I make my choices for me.

To condemn others for the choices they make is wrong.

21 hours ago, Laci French said:

On a positive side the air quality in a number of places has gone up do to the inactivity and lock downs... As well as water pollution such as places like Venice, their water canals are clear and I think I even read somewhere that dolphins and sea turtles have been seen swimming around as well... So mother nature is using this time to stretch out and breath again if only for a little while

18 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

The way I see it, this is my choice.

You make your choices for you and I make my choices for me.

To condemn others for the choices they make is wrong.

Not when it affects the public health. The ethics in this situation are more complex. Do you come in contact with children, seniors, others at risk?

Today the Chinese announced that they've sequenced 2 separate strains of COVID-19 -- on e more severe than the other. How would you feel about spreading the severe strain via a taxi ride, for example?

I too believe in freedom to act against the norm, but there have to be limits. Choose wisely.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:24 PM, Laci French said:

Well I'm focusing on Corona dicking, to help fortify myself against Corona dick.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:24 PM, BillyTheKid said:

You know, I was going to keep playing, but after reading this and thinking it through, I might have to stop. 

Your response is making me think, too. I'm not worried about my health. I do not have bottomless monetary resources. I think my hard earned money would do more good helping out some folks from the "outside", instead of feeding the demon I've been sleeping next to most of my life.

Self aggrandizement has a nice pair of legs, but she's a bit of a monster. Time to put her to bed.

Guess I'll see a few of you around in a few months.

On 3/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, Old_Timer said:

Today the Chinese announced that they've sequenced 2 separate strains of COVID-19 -- on e more severe than the other.

Perhaps why they reported today that 5-10% of cured patient test positive 10-15 days after their release, even though they are asymptomatic.

Edited by Bit Banger

Coronavirus; March 2020:

march.jpg

Coronavirus; May, that same year:

may.jpg

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Perhaps why they reported today that 5-10% of cured patient test positive 10-15 days after their release, even though they are asymptomatic.

I would think that immunity to one strain would mean immunity to all sub-types, but I don't know.

I might expect that the strain on the immune system from being mobbed by COVID19 would also leave us susceptible to other pathogens that attack the respiratory system, like SARS2, or a bacterial pneumonia. Perhaps this is what China saw?

All will be revealed with time and study, and for now it's best to stay home until we have more answers re latency and contagion. My daughter-in-law had a confirmed case (she's a flight attendent) and is now without symptoms for a week, but I'm not anxious to have her visit.

It's a lonely plague. Perhaps it's time to re-read Albert Camus?

Stay healthy.

It would behoove every hobbyists to cease all activities. This virus is serious!  The curve will not flatten with business as usual. Covid19 is super serious! Do not mess around.