Alex Majors

Thanksgiving Day

17 posts in this topic

So Thanksgiving Day is quickly approaching.  I usually end up at my mom's house, with those of my siblings/their kids who are in town.  Typical turkey meal. One thing different is  smoked polish sausage,  that is boiled and cut up. Sauerkraut  on the side. So are there any others who have a different dish or make something other than turkey.

Fairly traditional at my house.

My sister in law always does a ham.

One year went over to my sisters for thanksgiving. She didn’t put the turkey in the oven until 3 pm.  By 8 pm that night, the turkey still wasn’t done. Oven was set to the proper temperature.

Wound going home and having smoked sausage, Colby cheese and ritz crackers for thanksgiving dinner.

A good kielbasa is great anytime. Looking forward to a fun day hopefully everyone will eat their fill 

1 hour ago, Kaduk said:

Thanksgiving:: the most magical Thursday of the year.....

8497452.jpg

I always win this game! 😂

Yet, I've never got the canopy bed I always wished for since I was a little girl. 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I always win this game! 😂

Yet, I've never got the canopy bed I always wished for since I was a little girl. 🤷‍♀️

Hunter, that's a crying shame right there....You deserve you're canopy bed.

I seem to get a smoked turkey from one of the vendor's I use throughout the year. It's much appreciated to say the least! 

8 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

Hunter, that's a crying shame right there....You deserve you're canopy bed.

I seem to get a smoked turkey from one of the vendor's I use throughout the year. It's much appreciated to say the least! 

Maybe if I shared my wish I would have got it, but I was always told if you shared your wish with anyone, it wouldn't come true. 🤣🤣🤣

It's fucking catch 22

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Maybe if I shared my wish I would have got it, but I was always told if you shared your wish with anyone, it wouldn't come true. 🤣🤣🤣

It's fucking catch 22

Thank me very much::  here's 10% off your canopy...

discount-10-covered-parking-home-updates

I don't have family, but am blessed to have a "family of choice" that I will be spending Thanksgiving with.  Not sure what I will cook this year.  Rather than traditional turkey, I may do a standing rib roast, just for something different.

Family tradition:  cheesy corn.  Loooove it.  Have to double down on the Lipitor after.  

Here at the park we all get together for a big sit-down dinner.  I’ll roast one of perhaps six turkeys.  Everybody brings a salad, side dish, or dessert.  Of course it’s BYOB.  A good time had by all 😁

Being from the Chesapeake area always had blue crab ,oysters with side of turkey 

On 11/10/2019 at 2:26 AM, Kaduk said:

Thank me very much::  here's 10% off your canopy...

discount-10-covered-parking-home-updates

I'm over it I think 😂

On 11/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, coolhand luke said:

Being from the Chesapeake area always had blue crab ,oysters with side of turkey 

Can I come over to your house for Thanksgiving? 🙏😍

On 11/10/2019 at 0:52 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

It's fucking catch 22

Lol so true

The menu varies between turkey, ham and country style steak from year to year. But the desert is the same: persimmon pudding.