edenver

I've been getting a LOT of flakes lately...

62 posts in this topic

In the past few months, it seems like every provider I've contacted either never texts me back or ghosts me after 2 or 3 texts back and forth. I'm following all the general rules. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid being flaked out on?

Make sure you are a gentleman when reaching out... don’t go straight for the kill. Ask how their day is going, what have they been up to... shoot the shit for a little bit definitely don’t discuss services because nobody is comfortable doing that on the phone or speak explicitly to us. We become very uncomfortable when one talks about what they would like to do to us or have done to them. If you’ve made it through the screening then you should be ok from that point on. Those are a few reasons why I might stop talking to someone. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s just me. Don’t give up... you’ll click with someone eventually. These things don’t just fall into place just like that. Being polite and having patience go a long way :)

On 6/22/2019 at 7:21 AM, edenver said:

In the past few months, it seems like every provider I've contacted either never texts me back or ghosts me after 2 or 3 texts back and forth. I'm following all the general rules. Anyone have any advice on how to avoid being flaked out on?

#1 - Follow the provider's contact guidelines. Does she want text? Some people don't. Whatever she prefers for communication, do that. 

#2 - If it takes you more than 2, or 3 messages, to schedule an appt., you're doing it wrong. You're not making a pen pal, you're scheduling a date.

#3 - Do NOT ask about sexual services. If it's not mentioned on her website, or in a review, don't expect it.

#4 - see #2

Good Luck!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt... actually, no, they said I had a t-shirt to pick up I was ghosted a soon as I asked for address...😅😅 Seriously, though, take Madison’s advice, showing respect goes a long way... don’t just say it though... mean it...the ladies deserve it, and you’ll meet some great ones... I know I have!         Stay safe, good luck

54 minutes ago, Madison Taylor said:

Make sure you are a gentleman when reaching out... don’t go straight for the kill. Ask how their day is going, what have they been up to... shoot the shit for a little bit definitely don’t discuss services because nobody is comfortable doing that on the phone or speak explicitly to us. We become very uncomfortable when one talks about what they would like to do to us or have done to them. If you’ve made it through the screening then you should be ok from that point on. Those are a few reasons why I might stop talking to someone. I can’t speak for everyone but that’s just me. Don’t give up... you’ll click with someone eventually. These things don’t just fall into place just like that. Being polite and having patience go a long way :)

Hmmmm.  Madisons advice to "shoot the shit for a little bit" seems somewhat at odds with what has been posted here by others (providers and participants).  The term " time waster" comes to mind.  While you certainly can't go to the other extreme and rattle off a desired menu, there is a middle ground.  Here is what I have found to work a high percentage of time for text, VM or PM:   Hi, Mary!  Hope you are having a wonderful day. Great pics and reviews on TOB! I am hoping we can spend 90 minutes at your incall on Tuesday at 9:00.  If that doesn't work, pls suggest alternatives.  I have shared my TOBreferences with you. I look forward to seeing you!

I rarely ask about services, even after screening, unless her website or posting offers desired  services that require ( from her) advance notice. TOB reviews give a pretty good idea of what to expect.  Of course, YMMV..

You’re right ... I’m different. I like to shoot the shit with a possible client as I feel that’s a good way to find out how much you may or may not get along with that person. I forget sometimes the time waster term is thrown around quite a bit. I apologize for that again I was speaking from my experience and I’m still somewhat new, I don’t claim to have all the answers. I’m sorry things aren’t going smoothly for ya. Trust me we all have been there... even from a providers stand point. We don’t always clique with who is contacting us. I have people that just disappear mid conversation as well... you are not alone :) 

And when I say don’t go straight for the kill I mean don’t text saying rates, location, donation and that’s it. I’m not saying I want to be your therapist just saying have manners. It’s one thing I think people lack these days... manners, chivalry goes a long way 

In reading your post, I noticed you have only posted 4 times since joining.  I then looked at your profile. You only have 2 reviews...and they were with established ladies.

Basically, you are still a newbie from what I can see.

Maybe the ghosting problem is who you are contacting. Maybe it is the lack of a presence here on TOB.

My recommendations:

1. Contact well established ladies and follow the advice that has been given here.

2. Have more of a presence here on the board. Participate in the discussions. Making yourself known will go along ways.

Ok, first you have to expect this from some providers. Their TCB skills are poor.  They might get back hours, days and weeks later. You are not the only one contacting them. If they spend 5 min. with 30 guys trying to set up something, that is over 2 hrs of time a day. Some visiting  girls might have so many guys set up, they just let the rest go without a sorry all booked text.  If your time/day is too specific, they might not respond because they are booked/busy on that day or time. Also as said above, if any thing texted or said makes them uncomfortable, then they will cease all communications. Like love women said,  a history of participation shows you aren't some LE plant. It allows the girls who do their research, to get to know you through your posts. Be patient  and things will happen.

13 hours ago, pfunk said:

#1 - Follow the provider's contact guidelines. Does she want text? Some people don't. Whatever she prefers for communication, do that. 

#2 - If it takes you more than 2, or 3 messages, to schedule an appt., you're doing it wrong. You're not making a pen pal, you're scheduling a date.

#3 - Do NOT ask about sexual services. If it's not mentioned on her website, or in a review, don't expect it.

#4 - see #2

Good Luck!

This was my first thought. 

I forgot one other thing, get yourself an avatar.

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

In reading your post, I noticed you have only posted 4 times since joining.  I then looked at your profile. You only have 2 reviews...and they were with established ladies.

Basically, you are still a newbie from what I can see.

Maybe the ghosting problem is who you are contacting. Maybe it is the lack of a presence here on TOB.

My recommendations:

1. Contact well established ladies and follow the advice that has been given here.

2. Have more of a presence here on the board. Participate in the discussions. Making yourself known will go along ways.

1.  Whatever you do make sure you are a suckup (either via meaningless, carbon copy reviews or at least meaningless compliments on profiles)

2.  Keep in mind that you dont get recognition, let alone brownie points, for using the word "flake"

BTW, my recommendation about getting an avatar goes for all members, even those who have been around for a while and try throw shade at other.

BTW, my recommendation about getting an avatar goes for all members, even those who have been around for a while and try throw shade at others.

3 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

BTW, my recommendation about getting an avatar goes for all members, even those who have been around for a while and try throw shade at other.

He’s not entirely wrong though. I try to avoid commenting in these threads but fuck it, I’m on a roll lately. Long response coming.

For some reason when “problems” like these appear it’s very often shot down or turned back on the person posting. I put problem in quotes because let’s face it, it’s not really a life or death situation here. But for the sake of this argument it’s a problem. 

If we look at every thread when a lady says times are slow or guys are flaking or any other issue going on there is an onslaught of counter comments saying pretty much the same thing about the ladies. “Answer your phone”, “respond to texts”, follow through on whatever means of communication you’ve put out there and have asked gentlemen to use. So we know people don’t always respond in a timely manner.

Then it’s said to use “well established ladies” and essentially all your troubles will disappear. So, what constitutes as a “well established lady?” And that’s a legit question because we know the reviews are flawed. Many openly admit they don’t post negative reviews for a litany of personal reasons. We also know many here will say if a bad review is posted it’s the guy that’s the problem will denying, again, many don’t write bad reviews. Further we know if a lady cancels at the absolute last minute or even after the expected time you can’t post a NC/NS review. And according to a mod in the most previous thread there “you can bet your ass the established women of TOB do in fact do that.” I’m paraphrasing of course. What’s left? The ladies active in the threads? Well that has to easily remove over 90% of the active listings with reviews. So yeah, define established lady and what that means for the guy because that provider with over 200 positive reviews sure did questioned hard about whether she played the guy or not even though some decided he was still responsible for paying...

And lastly the point of it taking more that 2 or 3 messages means you’re doing it wrong. That one made me laugh because I can’t count how many times I’ve sent s text, email, P411 with all the pertinent info (I created a canned message I copy and paste) but still get a single reply “hey hun!” and nothing else leading me to essentially ask again. And then yet another follow up asking how long and what time. Even though it’s all listed. And then trying to coax a potential alternate time if the requested time isn’t available is also a thing. 

Lastly lastly the avatar. The default is an anonymous blank face. I’m an anonymous person on the internet. That “avatar” is perfect for me.  

Oh and finally! We should really stop shitting on new people asking questions or stating their issues even if they don’t post it in the most eloquent manner. And if advice is offered spin so you’re not telling them they’re doing it wrong. “Man i know what you mean. Give this (insert advice) a shot and see how it goes.” Definitely sounds better to me. 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:58 PM, Madison Taylor said:

Personally I do not like to shoot the shit with clients. That just makes me think they are only interested in chatting and not scheduling an appt, which in turn just wastes my time.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, pfunk said:

#4 - see #2

Good Luck!

This is on point!

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

And lastly the point of it taking more that 2 or 3 messages means you’re doing it wrong. That one made me laugh because I can’t count how many times I’ve sent s text, email, P411 with all the pertinent info (I created a canned message I copy and paste) but still get a single reply “hey hun!” and nothing else leading me to essentially ask again. And then yet another follow up asking how long and what time. Even though it’s all listed. And then trying to coax a potential alternate time if the requested time isn’t available is also a 

You aren't the only one. Sometimes my P411 PM's or requests aren't even opened, even though they were sent more than a week before they were to visit.  So you just put them on a back burner for one more try. If they do the same thing  again when they visit , then I write them off.

1 minute ago, Alex Majors said:

You aren't the only one. Sometimes my P411 PM's or requests aren't even opened, even though they were sent more than a week before they were to visit.  So you just put them on a back burner for one more try. If they do the same thing  again when they visit , then I write them off.

So the p411 one is weird to me. I’ve gotten responses that would appear as though they’ve read my message because of the questions/answers; however, p411 shows the message to have never been opened. I always mean to ask but then forget. 

I also don’t think all know or even care we can see if a message has been read. But as you say, try again or keep it moving. 

9 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

So the p411 one is weird to me. I’ve gotten responses that would appear as though they’ve read my message because of the questions/answers; however, p411 shows the message to have never been opened. I always mean to ask but then forget. 

I also don’t think all know or even care we can see if a message has been read. But as you say, try again or keep it moving. 

The girls have a button to click on after they read  a message. It will mark the pm not read.  Not sure why it is there. Now if they check your profile, P411 will tell you they looked at it.

36 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

The girls have a button to click on after they read  a message. It will mark the pm not read.  Not sure why it is there. Now if they check your profile, P411 will tell you they looked at it.

The profile I knew which brings in another point of how many countless times my profile was viewed for the first while literally in transit to the date. 

13 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

The profile I knew which brings in another point of how many countless times my profile was viewed for the first while literally in transit to the date. 

I just saw a.girl last Friday, who never even looked at my profile. I have 8 okays plus. So I guess she figured if she called and asked me about myself, it was safe. She has been a member for a long time, so I was sure  about her

5 hours ago, Crystyna said:

Personally I do not like to shoot the shit with clients. That just makes me think they are only interested in chatting and not scheduling an appt, which in turn just wastes my time.

When I say shoot the shit ... number 1. Not sure where that expression came from,  I don’t quite get it but I find it hilarious :) number 2. I mean don’t go straight for Rates/services or one line questions like that I’m not saying lets talk about the weather, the Broncos and just waste time,  I’m saying don’t ask straight shot questions that go right  to services/ rates personally I don’t even like to give that information out until I know that person is safe so I like to talk to them a little bit find out stuff about them before I tell all 

Darn such interogation.

Let's face it pm 300 300 60min gfe.

What else do you need.

Really it's not match dot com.

If he has reviews he has done the deed.

Get over it already!!*

17 minutes ago, Turtle138 said:

Darn such interogation.

Let's face it pm 300 300 60min gfe.

What else do you need.

Really it's not match dot com.

If he has reviews he has done the deed.

Get over it already!!*

Reviews don’t really mean he’s golden anymore. Just saying I want to be comfortable with who is coming to my home. I can do that how ever I see fit. :)

On 6/22/2019 at 8:21 AM, edenver said:

Spell out all your words and try something like this “Hi Pretty Pussy I’m John Doe and would love to set a date with you on Friday the 24th at 7pm for 2 hours.  My references are .....and their contact info is .....  Let me know if you need anything else from me.  Thanks”

Don’t text in the middle of the night and for the love of all that’s good in the world never expect right now love.  

I’m having a really hard time believing you keep striking out with the reputable ladies.  Pm me and I will send you some solid names to contact. 

19 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

I read a lot of my pm’s on my email and that might be why it doesn’t always appear as read to the sender.