Everhard

It always strikes me...

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sapphire said:

Many older gentlemen aren't real tech savvy

That statement feels like a slap in the face to us more mature gentlemen.

We may not be computer programmers or trouble shooters, but most of us know our way around a computer and how to use it and not leave traces that are easily tracked.

Afterall, we do have to use computers at work and in our daily lives.

This is the second comment in the past week putting down people over 40.

Really?  Sorry you are so sensitive.  I am speaking in general and not to anyone specifically.  good bye

10 hours ago, Sapphire said:

Really?  Sorry you are so sensitive.  I am speaking in general and not to anyone specifically.  good bye

It’s not that I’m sensitive, it’s that you said “many older gentlemen aren’t real tech savvy”.

That statement is a put down of a an age class. And the fact you can’t see it shows the level of your maturity.

Goodbye

I think those of us over 40 just forget what we’re doing🤔😜

18 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Some of us belong in Adult Day Care on a fancy swing

47 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I was going to reply with something important about your post.....but then I forgot what I was going to write.  :o

I'm insulted!  When did being over 40 put me in the older class? I thought 40 was the new 20. Damn do I have to sign up for the senior center computer class now? My Apple II and 2500 baud modem still let me visit this site albeit slowly, but I have to be sneaky cause AOL does try to block it 

😂🤣😃😅

1 hour ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I'm insulted!  When did being over 40 put me in the older class? I thought 40 was the new 20. Damn do I have to sign up for the senior center computer class now? My Apple II and 2500 baud modem still let me visit this site albeit slowly, but I have to be sneaky cause AOL does try to cock block me.

😂🤣😃😅

#Ifixditforyou

2 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I'm insulted!  When did being over 40 put me in the older class? I thought 40 was the new 20. Damn do I have to sign up for the senior center computer class now? My Apple II and 2500 baud modem still let me visit this site albeit slowly, but I have to be sneaky cause AOL does try to block it 

😂🤣😃😅

https://apple.news/A-v7ECLqzQ3yGquEm5FaIkg

16 minutes ago, Turtle138 said:

And who do you think invented computers?

No one under 40 for sure!

Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were in their 20's when they launched Apple.....😊

2 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were in their 20's when they launched Apple.....😊

Google-net shows---> Charles Babbage created the concept of a programmable computer.

"We could argue that the first computer was the abacus or its descendant, the slide rule, invented by William Oughtred in 1622. But the first computer resembling today's modern machines was the Analytical Engine, a device conceived and designed by British mathematician Charles Babbage between 1833 and 1871."

Babbage was born 1791 so would make him 42 years of age  in 1833.

__________________________________The Great & Powerful Woz.....

Winding back several tangents...

The best security is to make a DIFFERENT USER on your computer. Both Windows and MacOS allow you to easily create different users. This way you have totally separate browsing history, email, etc. Keep it 100% separate.

Now if you have a wife or someone who regularly uses your computer, they will notice when the new "Mr Horny" user shows up on the login screen. But if they usually don't use your computer, you can name the user "Joe" and say "oh that was my cousin who came to visit last year". You can also disable that user when you're not using it, and it should disappear from the login screen.

Security is easy if you keep it all separate ... separate user, separate phone, separate email, separate facebook, etc. Zero connections.

18 minutes ago, fork said:

Winding back several tangents...

The best security is to make a DIFFERENT USER on your computer. Both Windows and MacOS allow you to easily create different users. This way you have totally separate browsing history, email, etc. Keep it 100% separate.

Now if you have a wife or someone who regularly uses your computer, they will notice when the new "Mr Horny" user shows up on the login screen. But if they usually don't use your computer, you can name the user "Joe" and say "oh that was my cousin who came to visit last year". You can also disable that user when you're not using it, and it should disappear from the login screen.

Security is easy if you keep it all separate ... separate user, separate phone, separate email, separate facebook, etc. Zero connections.

No way I would put my sporting information on my home computer - I put my trust in entirely separate machines.  No need to complicate life when a $29.95 Smartphone will serve as a perfectly adequate sporting computer.

(But, what the heck would I know, I am way over 40!)

Edited by BadBoy

Like l said over 40.

Now Facebook invented from a young gun.

Heck l have underwater older than him.

Lol just kidding.

Coats for sure!