Calik8

Moves your soul.

645 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2023 at 9:03 AM, gr8owl said:

Thanks, I will check his music out more closely.  thanks for sharing the above vid btw.

Welcome. That's Pony! You're the only one who likes it so that's why I told you where to see him!  ;)

21 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Speaking of finally getting attention, a few years ago I posted here that I could not get enough of unknown Sophie Lloyd's playing (OK looks also). 4 or 5 years later what is she up to?  Lead guitar for Machine Gun Kelly and stuff like this below.  Someone said faster right?

5 hours ago, Leigh5280 said:

Welcome. That's Pony! You're the only one who likes it so that's why I told you where to see him!  ;)

Whether because not that many folks look here or just never upvote anything or just don't like anything (sad if that  is the case) 2 is a high score in this thread so don't assume no one else liked.  All of which would be nice to change.  While I post nothing I do not like, what I like is so far ranging that sometimes I get a collective almost audible huh?  But I keep intentionally putting up a variety, especially if I think it may not be widely known here or up and coming special artists.  Always glad to see others posting.  Plus if i can't decide what to listen to I know I can just revisit here lol.

Jackson Brown(late for the sky)  and alpha beta  waves with ear buds. Just wish it was warmer. Stay healthy! I will click on all the songs I like- however I still enjoy you all and I will alway listen to other peoples music! I love the old stuff because I am an old lady! 🥰

Laura Cox anyone?  Hope some other fans out there, here's a couple tunes.

In case you missed the CMT awards last Sunday, who is that playing killer lead guitar for Lainey Wilson?  Yep - Jackie Venson!  Hope prior posts have created a fan or two of the amazing and rising Jackie.  Not a huge fan of country, but Lainey's not bad also :) 

speaking of, from her new album

A touch of Maria perhaps

Decisions, decisions, what song to post from this most excellent album?  Narrowed down to two ....... OK, two then.

On 3/15/2023 at 8:08 PM, Kaduk said:

O  M  G   !   !   !

In the mood for a little Gary Moore

Warm weather is back, must be time for the great outdoors.  How about music and visuals, each that are fine on their own, better together?  But how about Jerry Lee's niece?  See anything off?

9 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Warm weather is back, must be time for the great outdoors.  How about music and visuals, each that are fine on their own, better together?  But how about Jerry Lee's niece?  See anything off?

LMAO! I am watching this, thinking that girl has the worst camel toe 🐪 She would need a plunger to suck those shorts out.  Then I see she is completely naked, except sunglasses and roller skates. Nice paint job!

On a more serious note, a classic blues tune from John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers just before three of them - Green, McVie and Fleetwood - formed a band most have heard of. ;) The people that have played with/for Mayall over the decades is amazing.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:25 AM, average1 said:

Always enjoyed Boz Scaggs.  A sound that is unique and someone I've never seen live.  Thanks for posting this.

We are soul buddies @average1 love Boz Scaggs! 

On 5/6/2023 at 6:48 PM, gr8owl said:

OK a work around.  the video portion:

the audio portion:

Sometimes you just need a good trippin' instrumental with really good guitar.  Blues Cousins works

Meanwhile, yes I have been looking for summer.  Its here.

On 5/6/2023 at 10:18 PM, gr8owl said:

On a more serious note, a classic blues tune from John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers just before three of them - Green, McVie and Fleetwood - formed a band most have heard of. ;) The people that have played with/for Mayall over the decades is amazing.

Thanks for the memories.  I remember playing them on the radio when I was a DJ.  Also played Buckinham-Nicks before they joined Fleetwood Mac.  I still think fondly of the Peter Green iteration of Fleetwood Mac.

This last week there was an amazing two day tribute to Jeff Beck at the Albert Hall.  I am seriously hoping that all four hours was captured by someone with the high quality audio and video it deserves.  Many, many incredible artists most of whom had played with Jeff at one point or another.  Anyway here are three of the better quality and noteworthy excerpts currently available. Eric Clapton, Ronnie Wood, Gary Clark, Billy Gibbons and so much more.

featuring the amazing Ms. Imelda May (any fans here??)

Another great number featuring Ms. Joss Stone: There are many many versions of this song but damn .....

And this gem with Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi

And in view of the above, hope not overkill, but I could not resist, here's a couple with Jeff and Imelda from a performance honoring Les Paul.  Beck was simply incredible, and they were so good together.  Don't want

to hear Walkin' in the Sand again skip to five minute mark.

Great to see artists in 2023 still making old school vibes :) straight to the bedroom music!  MAJOR. - Baby Will You Love Me (Official Music Video)

Well look at that - my Benatar vinyls are going up in value. :lol::lol: Couple tunes to celebrate