Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Just Jos

Stay Safe Ladies

16 posts in this topic

I posted this information in a previous thread but seen as how it happened again just today, I thought I needed to revisit it. 

A lady in Denver texts me today for a reference. It took me an hour to get back to her as I didn't have my work phone on me. She says she emailed me also. I tell her I don't have anything for the number she provided me. She asks is your email "joslynnsmith89@gmail (it's not) bc I got a reply from that email saying he was ok" 

it's the same email and MO as the last time only the last time the lady asking for a reference was in NY. I don't know what the heck is going on but it's not sitting well w me. im thinking either There's a provider out there using the same name or there's a bad man out there looking to start some shit. (Sadly I'm feeling like its the latter) In both cases The ladies asking for the reference reached out via text also which is what saved them from going to said appointment. Stay safe out there ladies!! 💜

5 hours ago, Just Jos said:

I posted this information in a previous thread but seen as how it happened again just today, I thought I needed to revisit it. 

A lady in Denver texts me today for a reference. It took me an hour to get back to her as I didn't have my work phone on me. She says she emailed me also. I tell her I don't have anything for the number she provided me. She asks is your email "joslynnsmith89@gmail (it's not) bc I got a reply from that email saying he was ok" 

it's the same email and MO as the last time only the last time the lady asking for a reference was in NY. I don't know what the heck is going on but it's not sitting well w me. im thinking either There's a provider out there using the same name or there's a bad man out there looking to start some shit. (Sadly I'm feeling like its the latter) In both cases The ladies asking for the reference reached out via text also which is what saved them from going to said appointment. Stay safe out there ladies!! 💜

Looks like @AOL was replaced by @gmail

If I take the rileystone5280@gmail & change it to a fictitious rileystone5280@AOL you are both closely linked that search results will return info as if it is to you, even though it is not entirely correct. I researched rileystone5280@AOL the research shows a TER review that would indicate the e-mail was proper, or visa versa when I researched  joslynnsmith89@gmail .

So if a provider looked at this they may think they have the real deal. In essence please triple check e-mails before responding to and/or thinking that they are correct......

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

If I take the rileystone5280@gmail & change it to a fictitious rileystone5280@AOL you are both closely linked that search results will return info as if it is to you, even though it is not entirely correct. I researched rileystone5280@AOL the research shows a TER review that would indicate the e-mail was proper, or visa versa when I researched  joslynnsmith89@gmail .

So if a provider looked at this they may think they have the real deal. In essence please triple check e-mails before responding to and/or thinking that they are correct......

Yes! Precisely what I found when I googled the email. I'm feeling so creeped out by this. Am I over reacting?  Gosh, everyone please be careful 🙏 

Xoxox

You are not. I have been getting requests for references from people I have not seen. A LOT. I have been out of town and slow to respond unfortunately

This is why I have my clients contact me before they give me out as a reference. The reasons are; I will be keeping tabs on my email to watch for said provider to contact me so I can get back to her almost immediately that said client is ok(allows for faster communication and fun), and it keeps someone from trying to pull stunts that are mentioned above.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Jos, , no "rules" in the game.  Bottom line - keep yourself safe.  Don't stress about your decision.  If people judge you, let them, but don't let it define you.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:19 PM, Kaduk said:

Very smart and something worth noting for me! Thank you!!

On 4/20/2016 at 11:08 PM, Wendy Whitney said:

Jos, , no "rules" in the game.  Bottom line - keep yourself safe.  Don't stress about your decision.  If people judge you, let them, but don't let it define you.

Love what and how you said this Whitney! When we get those little intuitive nudges in life. It's usually for a good reason! :)

I say always follow your intuition. It's best to go with your gut feeling on these types of concerns, of course only after doing your  reliable  research.

On 4/17/2016 at 7:23 PM, Just Jos said:

Jos, is it possible he is just trying to self verify himself, without actually having to see you? Could also be LE I guess trying to date check themselves as well, but yeah, Probaby some guy trying to okay his visit with another provider and he has no references.

12 hours ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

Jos, is it possible he is just trying to self verify himself, without actually having to see you? Could also be LE I guess trying to date check themselves as well, but yeah, Probaby some guy trying to okay his visit with another provider and he has no references.

Could very well be that. The only problem I have w that being what's going on is--there are many newbie friendly providers. So the fact that he's going about it this way automatically screams sketchy, unnecessary and creep! 

17 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

there are many newbie friendly providers

Ironically, when you're a noob these are tough to find because you don't know where to look.  Once you've learned the ropes, it's much easier. I just consider it a right of passage now.

On 4/19/2016 at 1:14 AM, SultryKitten said:

This is why I have my clients contact me before they give me out as a reference.

This is definitely a best practice. It's courteous and it should speed up the process. It's a win-win as far as I can see.

3 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Could very well be that. The only problem I have w that being what's going on is--there are many newbie friendly providers. So the fact that he's going about it this way automatically screams sketchy, unnecessary and creep! 

No doubt... 

Could be an SO or PI trying to get info.

No reference unless you are advised one is on the way please. 

Ladies, please screen,  guys, please do your research.

That stops a lot of the drama and the unexpected experiences.

It makes us all safer.

Thanks.